Welcome to Gaia! ::

Durem Citizen

Deadly Dark Nightmares
xXTeal BloodXx
Deadly Dark Nightmares
xXTeal BloodXx
Barack Obama will not ruin this country at all. He has actually made it better. So..

User Image

Oh, really?
rofl Lmfao! You are seriously another one of those republicans that actually believes that video is true, just because that guy posted it in another thread? If you were smart you would know damn well that abortion doctors will not give abortions to women that are so far into a pregnancy that the baby comes out crying. Come talk to me again when you have some real proof that Obama will ruin this country.

Obama supports abortions, and that isn't right. Everyone should get a chance to live. If the mom doesn't want the baby, then there are foster homes and orphanages that will take care of the child. It's a much better alternative than killing it. Even if the baby was a product of rape, it's still wrong.
Its good that Obama supports abortions. Do you know why?

BEFORE ROE V WADE:

Approximately 50% of all maternal deaths resulted from illegal abortion during the first half of the 20th century

Estimates of the annual number of illegal abortions in the 1950s and 60s range from 200,000 to 1.2 million, even though abortion procedures were unsafe and often life-threatening, in addition to being illegal

During the 1950s and 60s, each year an estimated 160 to 260 women died from illegal abortions, while thousands more were seriously injured

AFTER ROE V WADE:

Legal abortion is credited with decreasing both maternal and infant mortality. Today, abortion is 11 times safer than childbirth and less than 1% of those who undergo abortion procedures experience major complications

Abortion is now one of the most commonly performed clinical procedures, and the current death rate from abortion is 0.6 per 100,000 procedures.Comparably, the death rate from childbirth is 8 deaths per 100,000 live births. However, only 12% of U.S. medical schools teach first-trimester abortion procedures

What people due just cause they dont like it:

Since 1977, there have been over 59,000 acts of violence at U.S. abortion clinics, including 7 murders, 41 bombings, 343 death threats, and 942 acts of vandalism

References: Allan Guttmacher Institute, (2000) Induced Abortion; Planned Parenthood, Medical and Social Health Benefits Since Abortion Was Made Legal in the U.S. and Roe v. Wade: Its History and Impact; Pollitt, Katha, (1997) Abortion in American History, "The Atlantic Monthly"

November 2002

National Organization for Women. Nov. 2002. N.O.W. Nov. 2012 <http://www.now.org/issues/abortion/roe30/beforeafter.html>.

Now about all that adoption and foster care s**t. rolleyes I will not really say anything about it, because someone else had already said it for me in another thread. Here is what they had to say.
“what is it worth, someone FORCING you to have a child and you THROWING THEM AWAY to foster care because you never wanted them anyways, so they grow up bitter and hating the world because they were never wanted anyways? why make someone suffer through that. Bouncing between foster cares, getting used for welfare and used by people to make a quick buck, what is it worth coming into the world when nobody wants you anyways.. adoption, sure lets go with that then when you find out they aren't your real parents, what are your adoptive parents suppose to say 'your mother never wanted you in the first place' well what if they start to question who they really are and what there life is all about really.. honestly, another kid that will be born and just thrown away into the system I do NOT approve of.. Foster cares along with Foster parents AREN'T ALWAYS NICE.. so force somebody to have the child, they throw the child into the system, they get abused there entire life, grow up hating the world and then one day who knows they could become a murderer and start killing other people and taking there lives as well.. you never know but then again I don't think who's getting an abortion, who wants one, who has had one, or should they get one is ANYONE'S BUSINESS BUT THE PERSON THEMSELVES NOBODY should make the decision for somebody else.. especially if the child is a product of rape and your just going to throw them away anyways..”
Personally, I am against people having children unless they are financially able to support one. I'm trying to be nice to you Deadly Dark Nightmares...but please do not come to me with anymore of that republican bullshit.

Durem Citizen

2sarahgate
xXTeal BloodXx
2sarahgate
Divine_Malevolence
He'll provide enough education for your children to notice that you're a dumbass.

ooh, BURN! XDDD
i love this forum cause of reactions like this to the pure idiocy spewed out by these people. XD
domokun stargate
Ikr. xd

also helps to dislike that stupid video. it has way more likes than it should have. domokun stargate
Also true

Kawaii Cutie-Pie

Deadly Dark Nightmares
Steam Punk Adept
Deadly Dark Nightmares
Steam Punk Adept
Deadly Dark Nightmares
xXTeal BloodXx
rofl Lmfao! You are seriously another one of those republicans that actually believes that video is true, just because that guy posted it in another thread? If you were smart you would know damn well that abortion doctors will not give abortions to women that are so far into a pregnancy that the baby comes out crying. Come talk to me again when you have some real proof that Obama will ruin this country.

Obama supports abortions, and that isn't right. Everyone should get a chance to live. If the mom doesn't want the baby, then there are foster homes and orphanages that will take care of the child. It's a much better alternative than killing it. Even if the baby was a product of rape, it's still wrong.
Your opinion does not make it wrong. And a lot of times, abortion is an issue of not wanting to be pregnant. Your solutions (adoption, foster care, etc.) are only solutions to unwanted parenting, not pregnancy.

And in the case of rape, why should a woman be forced for 9 months to carry out the product of a heinous crime that could induce her to relive it over and over for the course of the pregnancy? That's not about saving lives, and you know it. It's all about hating, and disempowering woman.

And lastly, have you seen just how terrible the foster care is in this country? If you really want that and adoption to be the end all of this argument, then you need to fix those systems so that your argument is even remotely viable.

So you'd much rather have the babies die? That's just sick. Everyone has the right to live. I know that foster care isn't the best, but it's still better then killing the child.
It does have the right to live, but not at the expense of infringing upon another person's body against that person's will.

And, it's NOT a ******** baby when it's aborted, it's a god damned fetus. Please stop using inaccurate medical terms when talking about a medical procedure.

And you're an even sicker b*****d, supporting the punishment of a woman who was raped, by forcing her to endure a pregnancy. You know the big difference between a rape victim and a fetus? The rape victim can think and feel, and she will have memories of that heinous attack, as well as emotional scarring. A fetus has NONE of that. You're about as sick a b*****d as the rapist in the stance that you support.

I don't support rape at all.. When did I say that? When? And as for the rape victim there's therapy and medical treatment they can go through to help them through the scarring. As for the fetus, once it's dead you can't revive it.

Therapy and medical treatment is expensive and consumes a lot of time, energy, and resources which some people simply cannot afford. There are some psychological scars that cannot be erased even with the best treatment on earth. I know someone who was sexually assaulted, not raped. That was five years ago and she's had therapy for a few months before she couldn't afford the time anymore and quit. She still refuses to go out at night, gets jumpy when she sees someone standing in front of a building, keeps looking over her shoulder whenever she walks past a side street...imagine how it would be if she actually was raped, got pregnant, and was forced to carry it full term. Then, even if she put the baby up for adoption, she'd still know that she's a mother who has a child. It's inevitable that she'll think about that child - and if she thinks about that child, it's inevitable that she'll think about the child's father and the events that resulted in her becoming pregnant. Not everyone is strong enough to completely move on from something that traumatic.

Also, rape aside...what about in cases when the mother's life is at stake? Pregnancies are hard on the body and there's always the possibility of them becoming deadly. What if the mother has a health issue that she didn't know of before that interferes with her pregnancy in a way that is fatal? What if she has cancer and must have treatment to live, but cannot be subjected to radiation as long as she is pregnant?

If abortion is made illegal, all it'll do is spur pregnant women to find ways to abort their pregnancies illegally in an extremely unsafe manner. Not everyone who gets a pregnancy is doing it because they're irresponsible and want an easy way out.

Durem Citizen

Steam Punk Adept
Deadly Dark Nightmares
Steam Punk Adept
Deadly Dark Nightmares
Steam Punk Adept
Your opinion does not make it wrong. And a lot of times, abortion is an issue of not wanting to be pregnant. Your solutions (adoption, foster care, etc.) are only solutions to unwanted parenting, not pregnancy.

And in the case of rape, why should a woman be forced for 9 months to carry out the product of a heinous crime that could induce her to relive it over and over for the course of the pregnancy? That's not about saving lives, and you know it. It's all about hating, and disempowering woman.

And lastly, have you seen just how terrible the foster care is in this country? If you really want that and adoption to be the end all of this argument, then you need to fix those systems so that your argument is even remotely viable.

So you'd much rather have the babies die? That's just sick. Everyone has the right to live. I know that foster care isn't the best, but it's still better then killing the child.
It does have the right to live, but not at the expense of infringing upon another person's body against that person's will.

And, it's NOT a ******** baby when it's aborted, it's a god damned fetus. Please stop using inaccurate medical terms when talking about a medical procedure.

And you're an even sicker b*****d, supporting the punishment of a woman who was raped, by forcing her to endure a pregnancy. You know the big difference between a rape victim and a fetus? The rape victim can think and feel, and she will have memories of that heinous attack, as well as emotional scarring. A fetus has NONE of that. You're about as sick a b*****d as the rapist in the stance that you support.

I don't support rape at all.. When did I say that? When? And as for the rape victim there's therapy and medical treatment they can go through to help them through the scarring. As for the fetus, once it's dead you can't revive it.
And suppose the ONLY viable treatment for the well-being of the rape victim is to abort?

I never said you supported rape. I said you supported a stance that made you as sick as the rapist. What you support is a stance which ensures that a rape victim is stuck with the result of her rape. That is why you are as bad and as sick as the rapist.
I agree with you 100%. I just quoted him on this second page and actually gave him proof why abortion is perfectly ok, so hopefully he will stop with all this nonsense.

DropDeadSweetHeart06's Significant Otter

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Clambake 200
xXTeal BloodXx
Deadly Dark Nightmares
xXTeal BloodXx
Deadly Dark Nightmares
xXTeal BloodXx
Barack Obama will not ruin this country at all. He has actually made it better. So..

User Image

Oh, really?

BEFORE ROE V WADE:

Approximately 50% of all maternal deaths resulted from illegal abortion during the first half of the 20th century

Estimates of the annual number of illegal abortions in the 1950s and 60s range from 200,000 to 1.2 million, even though abortion procedures were unsafe and often life-threatening, in addition to being illegal

During the 1950s and 60s, each year an estimated 160 to 260 women died from illegal abortions, while thousands more were seriously injured

AFTER ROE V WADE:

Legal abortion is credited with decreasing both maternal and infant mortality. Today, abortion is 11 times safer than childbirth and less than 1% of those who undergo abortion procedures experience major complications

Abortion is now one of the most commonly performed clinical procedures, and the current death rate from abortion is 0.6 per 100,000 procedures.Comparably, the death rate from childbirth is 8 deaths per 100,000 live births. However, only 12% of U.S. medical schools teach first-trimester abortion procedures

Since 1977, there have been over 59,000 acts of violence at U.S. abortion clinics, including 7 murders, 41 bombings, 343 death threats, and 942 acts of vandalism

References: Allan Guttmacher Institute, (2000) Induced Abortion; Planned Parenthood, Medical and Social Health Benefits Since Abortion Was Made Legal in the U.S. and Roe v. Wade: Its History and Impact; Pollitt, Katha, (1997) Abortion in American History, "The Atlantic Monthly"

November 2002

National Organization for Women. Nov. 2002. N.O.W. Nov. 2012 <http://www.now.org/issues/abortion/roe30/beforeafter.html>.

Now about all that adoption and foster care s**t. rolleyes I will not really say anything about it, because someone else had already said it for me in another thread. Here is what they had to say.
“what is it worth, someone FORCING you to have a child and you THROWING THEM AWAY to foster care because you never wanted them anyways, so they grow up bitter and hating the world because they were never wanted anyways? why make someone suffer through that. Bouncing between foster cares, getting used for welfare and used by people to make a quick buck, what is it worth coming into the world when nobody wants you anyways.. adoption, sure lets go with that then when you find out they aren't your real parents, what are your adoptive parents suppose to say 'your mother never wanted you in the first place' well what if they start to question who they really are and what there life is all about really.. honestly, another kid that will be born and just thrown away into the system I do NOT approve of.. Foster cares along with Foster parents AREN'T ALWAYS NICE.. so force somebody to have the child, they throw the child into the system, they get abused there entire life, grow up hating the world and then one day who knows they could become a murderer and start killing other people and taking there lives as well.. you never know but then again I don't think who's getting an abortion, who wants one, who has had one, or should they get one is ANYONE'S BUSINESS BUT THE PERSON THEMSELVES NOBODY should make the decision for somebody else.. especially if the child is a product of rape and your just going to throw them away anyways..”
Personally, I am against people having children unless they are financially able to support one. I'm trying to be nice to you Deadly Dark Nightmares...but please do not come to me with anymore of that republican bullshit.

That stance on foster care isn't entirely correct. I myself am adopted, as are all of my siblings. My parents were part of the California foster care programs for twelve years or so. Any issues my siblings have didn't stem from the fact they were adopted, they stemmed from the fact that their birth parents were drug abusers who are unfit for parenting. There are a great many cases of success in the foster care programs. As a matter of fact, every child that came to my parents through the program, even if they weren't adopted by them, ended up with a good family. That obviously isn't always the case, but the program does a lot more good than harm. I can safely say that if my siblings hadn't gone through the program, every single one of them would either be orphaned, dead from neglect, or completely drug/alcohol dependent from the actions taken on the part of their birth parents.

This doesn't mean that I support the banning of abortion, though. I fully support the right to choose, especially because there are many more instances in which a child simply should not be brought into the world than many of the pro-lifers are willing to admit. Rape, incest, and danger to the mother only make up a fraction of the reason why abortion programs are important. Some families simply can't afford the child, and others aren't necessarily eligible to put their children through the foster programs anyway. Not to mention there are cases that are more extreme versions of what my siblings faced, cases that lead to children with health problems so severe that chances are they'll die before leaving infancy. So yes, there are plenty of very good reasons keep family planning centers and the like around, and I'll do my share of fighting to make sure they're kept.

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
xXTeal BloodXx
2sarahgate
xXTeal BloodXx
2sarahgate
Divine_Malevolence
He'll provide enough education for your children to notice that you're a dumbass.

ooh, BURN! XDDD
i love this forum cause of reactions like this to the pure idiocy spewed out by these people. XD
domokun stargate
Ikr. xd

also helps to dislike that stupid video. it has way more likes than it should have. domokun stargate
Also true

i would make more youtube accounts just to dislike it. domokun stargate

Ruthless Strawberry

Was thinking of saying something smart but most posters of certain political beliefs will just use their LOUD words to be rude so 'Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads.'-TMBG

Durem Citizen

Verne the Vaudevillian
xXTeal BloodXx
Deadly Dark Nightmares
xXTeal BloodXx
Deadly Dark Nightmares
xXTeal BloodXx

User Image

Oh, really?

BEFORE ROE V WADE:

AFTER ROE V WADE:

November 2002

That stance on foster care isn't entirely correct. I myself am adopted, as are all of my siblings. My parents were part of the California foster care programs for twelve years or so. Any issues my siblings have didn't stem from the fact they were adopted, they stemmed from the fact that their birth parents were drug abusers who are unfit for parenting. There are a great many cases of success in the foster care programs. As a matter of fact, every child that came to my parents through the program, even if they weren't adopted by them, ended up with a good family. That obviously isn't always the case, but the program does a lot more good than harm. I can safely say that if my siblings hadn't gone through the program, every single one of them would either be orphaned, dead from neglect, or completely drug/alcohol dependent from the actions taken on the part of their birth parents.

This doesn't mean that I support the banning of abortion, though. I fully support the right to choose, especially because there are many more instances in which a child simply should not be brought into the world than many of the pro-lifers are willing to admit. Rape, incest, and danger to the mother only make up a fraction of the reason why abortion programs are important. Some families simply can't afford the child, and others aren't necessarily eligible to put their children through the foster programs anyway. Not to mention there are cases that are more extreme versions of what my siblings faced, cases that lead to children with health problems so severe that chances are they'll die before leaving infancy. So yes, there are plenty of very good reasons keep family planning centers and the like around, and I'll do my share of fighting to make sure they're kept.
I must say, I am very happy that you were adopted by two people that were good parents towards you. But yes you are correct, that is not always the case. I have cousins that lived on the same street as a woman who had two foster kids and she kept them locked down in her basement. Eventually she was arrested, thank goodness. I wish all foster kids could be adopted into good homes, but sadly that just isn't the case.

Durem Citizen

2sarahgate
xXTeal BloodXx
2sarahgate
xXTeal BloodXx
2sarahgate
Divine_Malevolence

ooh, BURN! XDDD
domokun stargate
Ikr. xd

Also true

xd

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
xXTeal BloodXx

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I mean, I was assuming that if it was made illegal that would definitely happen, but.... 50% of all maternal deaths?
@.@

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
xXTeal BloodXx
2sarahgate
xXTeal BloodXx
2sarahgate
xXTeal BloodXx
Ikr. xd

Also true

xd

also fun: reading the limbaugh letter and researching the lies he spreads. XD domokun stargate

Durem Citizen

Divine_Malevolence
xXTeal BloodXx

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I mean, I was assuming that if it was made illegal that would definitely happen, but.... 50% of all maternal deaths?
@.@
I know. That was my reaction when I first read the article too. I'm just glad that its not illegal now, because that would definitely cause some issues in this country.

Durem Citizen

2sarahgate
xXTeal BloodXx
2sarahgate
xXTeal BloodXx
2sarahgate
xXTeal BloodXx
Ikr. xd

Also true

xd

also fun: reading the limbaugh letter and researching the lies he spreads. XD
domokun stargate
Oh my gosh ikr! Donald Trump is also a guy who enjoys telling lies. I really can't stand him

Blessed Fairy

I love how a simple "." turned this topic into one about abortion. xd

Anyway, as for the topic and to be short and sweet, I'm pro- choice until a woman reaches her second term of pregnancy. emotion_yatta
What amazes me as this guy and others want to discuss something that has absolutely nothing to do with them, and assert their opinions as though its even remotely relevant. Not to mention the scientific aspect of it which alludes all republicans.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff