Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Lunatic

Necruse
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse
they have the option to prevent it... and imo it should be the "women's" right but the parents... sure I admit that the women is carrying it... but the fact is that they both should have parental rights
The "prevention" doesn't work 100% of the time.
The woman can ask her mate if she wants his input, but he has no right to force a woman to carry a baby for nine months and then go through a painful and dangerous birth if she doesn't want to. It's violating her right to bodily integrity. It's effectively slavery and torture.

you can get surgery to prevent it instead of getting abortions.... and yes I'm not saying you should be able to force them to carry it... but they should just be able to abort all willy nilly
If you're below a certain age (around 45), or unmarried, or don't have kids yet, and walk into a doctor's office and tell them you want to be surgically sterilized because you don't want kids, you get laughed right out the door, because "you have ovaries so don't know what you want, and your silly woman brain will obviously want children later".
Abortion is a serious medical procedure with its own risks and dangers. Women don't just get them "willy-nilly" when preventing the pregnancy to begin with is easier, and far far safer. But when those preventative measures fail, that option needs to be there.

then you find another doctor.. and you don't need to do another that's irreversible... and all I'm saying is that it shouldn't be able to be the first option when you get pregnant.. that's all I'm saying
It's the general consensus through the medical field.
I have something growing inside my body that I am absolutely 10000000000% certain that I do not want there at all ever. What do I do besides having it removed before it grows larger than a chicken nugget?
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse
they have the option to prevent it... and imo it should be the "women's" right but the parents... sure I admit that the women is carrying it... but the fact is that they both should have parental rights
The "prevention" doesn't work 100% of the time.
The woman can ask her mate if she wants his input, but he has no right to force a woman to carry a baby for nine months and then go through a painful and dangerous birth if she doesn't want to. It's violating her right to bodily integrity. It's effectively slavery and torture.

you can get surgery to prevent it instead of getting abortions.... and yes I'm not saying you should be able to force them to carry it... but they should just be able to abort all willy nilly
If you're below a certain age (around 45), or unmarried, or don't have kids yet, and walk into a doctor's office and tell them you want to be surgically sterilized because you don't want kids, you get laughed right out the door, because "you have ovaries so don't know what you want, and your silly woman brain will obviously want children later".
Abortion is a serious medical procedure with its own risks and dangers. Women don't just get them "willy-nilly" when preventing the pregnancy to begin with is easier, and far far safer. But when those preventative measures fail, that option needs to be there.

then you find another doctor.. and you don't need to do another that's irreversible... and all I'm saying is that it shouldn't be able to be the first option when you get pregnant.. that's all I'm saying
I have something growing inside my body that I am absolutely 10000000000% certain that I do not want there at all ever. What do I do besides having it removed before it grows larger than a chicken nugget?

prevent it from getting there in the first place?... your problems seems to be less with abortion and more with the fact that you can't seem to prevent it...

Interesting Lunatic

Necruse
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse

prevent it from getting there in the first place?... your problems seems to be less with abortion and more with the fact that you can't seem to prevent it...
Preventing it from getting there in the first place DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK. A person can take EVERY precaution available to them, and those precautions can, and do, fail. And they need to be able to remove the unwanted pregnancy when that happens.

Shoujo Nerd

13,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Nerd 50
Have you noticed that most of the people who are pro-life on this forum are countering the pro-choice people's responses with simply hypothetical options that NOT EVERYONE IS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO ACCESS AT THE RIGHT TIME, OR AT ANY TIME? They either value old Christian values (not blaming these people as it is their religion) or they provide lame stupid arguments to support their viewpoint and shun all other possible views and provide a different countermeasure for every counterargument even though each option isn't even 100% logical for all instances where women get pregnant. That, and factor in everything else that Romney is taking away from women, is the end of all progress that America has made for women's rights in the last century, should Romney be elected as president.

Moonlight Pirate

wa-chan
Nomad Realta

Because Romney isn't out to fight against them. He disagrees with them, but he has more important issues to worry about.

Romney will only overturn Roe Vs. Wade if Congress presents this to him, and that's something they'll never do. As for being "denied access to birth control," I have a ******** job and can pay for it myself.

I thought Obama was just a man that couldn't get anything done. Because of that, I was going to vote 3rd party out of distaste for Obama and Romney. But then I found out that the Obama administration lied about the Libya attack and claimed it was a protest because of a youtube video. No. That was no protest. The streets were quiet before the attack. Security for the embassy was requested multiple times and denied. The military was told to stand down and do nothing. And Intel shows that this was a terrorist attack.

Unfortunately, the only American media source to report on that is bloody Fox News, which has been stupidly republican biased before and lost credibility. Luckily, I checked foreign media sources, which backed up what they were saying this time around.

Romney may be a pro-life slut-shaming Mormon, but at least he's an American that wants what's best for his country, as misled as he may be. Obama is a liar and the media loves him too much to show this.

I agree for the most part, if you can pay the 30 dollars a month for birth control you should have to. (Thats what my pills cost. I take a generic brand and they work.)
Romney actually said in the last debate contraceptives should be available to all women. Mine are free, I suggested paying for them myself but my PRIVATE insurance covers them. I found that I have many menstrual issues that are helped with birth control. Its a tossed issue. Many women on the other hand need them and can't access them. Birth control is the first defense to cutting the amount of abortions in the country. If you honestly can't afford the 30 - 90 dollars a month, you should be able to get help. But you should be placed in programs to help you get out of the welfare system fast.

True.

One thing that agitates me though is that people are demanding the right to free safe sex. Nothing in life is free. If you can't afford birth control, you can't afford abortions. If you can't afford abortions, you can't afford to raise a child.

There are risks of having unprotected sex, and that either comes in the form of an abortion or raising a child. I personally think that those who can't afford it should abstain for a bit. Like everything else in life, sex is not free. (Obviously there'd be exceptions in the case of rape.)

Buuuut, I know nobody's going to practice this, so you're right. I'd rather they have access to birth control than cost us MORE money with abortions or throwing an unwanted kid into the adoption system.
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse

Preventing it from getting there in the first place DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK. A person can take EVERY precaution available to them, and those precautions can, and do, fail. And they need to be able to remove the unwanted pregnancy when that happens.

but then would come the ethicality of abortion : like when do you define a human? when is it killing an innocence?...

cat faced killa's Fangirl

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
I'm of the opinion that fetuses should have legal personhood.

Boost our economy by having pregnant women pay two bus fares. Pregnant women get to drive in the carpool lane. Conservatives get to keep thinking life begins at conception. And best of all, since persons already don't have the right to another person's organs without their consent, abortion is still A-OK. Everyone wins!

Interesting Lunatic

Necruse
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse
That Scruffy Mule
Necruse

but then would come the ethicality of abortion : like when do you define a human? when is it killing an innocence?...
The same way I define a brownie: When it comes out of the oven.
But I'll agree to the "only in first trimester unless srs medical/life risk" compromise. If you're sure you absolutely don't want a kid, you should be able to decide it sooner rather than later.

And "killing innocence" is a stupid argument, because we kill "innocent" things, like defenseless animals, all the time. And then eat them.
[sarcasm] I am now advocating the use of aborted embryos in foodstuffs.[/sarcasm]
That Scruffy Mule

This isn't just a issue for younger women but also men. Responsible men who decide they don't want to have children can have equal problems finding a doctor willing to do a vasectomy. Apparently young people can decide if they want to risk their lives and go off to war but not smart enough to decide if they want to have children.

Demonic Lunatic

Heimdalr
Cryptocrystalline
`Lt. Riza Hawkeye

I had heard the legititimate rape quote before. I thought he was just an idiot.
But all this... *shudders*.

That's only the first chart. Here's all of them. Not sure if I should say you're welcome.

******** scary

Nimble Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Oh you think people have rights. That's so cute 4laugh

Interesting Lunatic

Krissim Klaw
That Scruffy Mule

This isn't just a issue for younger women but also men. Responsible men who decide they don't want to have children can have equal problems finding a doctor willing to do a vasectomy. Apparently young people can decide if they want to risk their lives and go off to war but not smart enough to decide if they want to have children.
Life that doesn't exist yet is valued more highly than people who are already here.
Way to be, society.
General Anaesthesia
First, Romney couldn't have made abortion illegal.
Second, how is a taxpayer funded abortion a right?

I mean, I'm all for keeping safe, sterile abortions,
but I don't think it's anyone's right to have someone else pay for it.

What about birth control pills?
Please don't attack me, I really just want to discuss with someone(s) this stuff.

I voted for Romney because I care about the economy, and because Romney believes and a small government. He didn't have plans to make abortion illegal, or ban gay marriage, or do any of that. He wanted to get the government out of people's faces, by repealing Obamacare, and giving fewer handouts.
The general opinion I think a lot of people are afraid to say because they don't want to appear racist is that Obama won all the minority votes; blacks, hispanics, etc. People who, in general, (and I'm in no way racist or trying to be racist), have lower income families, for whatever reason. Lower income of course does not depend on race, but the lower income families are the ones who wanted Obama, so they could have free health care and lots of foodstamps and free college rides and etc. They want handouts, and it's what they're going to get, and the quality of everything is going to go down, I think. There will be no more competition. We may even end up on the verge of communism, but under a new name so that Obama doesn't scare anyone away.

But we'll have to wait and see. Maybe Obama will pull through.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff