Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Lunatic

Disa Uniflora
Qyp
Disa Uniflora
I don't know who people thought the majority of black voters supported in previous elections. Since the New Deal and the Civil Rights movement in particular, Democrats have always swept up most of the black vote, in spite of their only ever having run one black candidate for president. It's just an extraordinarily short-sighted excuse for people who can't read statistics.

Bill Clinton seemed to be loved by the black community, right? He did spend a lot of time with them, and one of his inspirations to be a public figure was Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech, and I know he could play Jazz Saxophone.... might explain why Obama is supported by the Clinton family, after seeing that Hillary Clinton was willing to back off, and let Obama take the reigns for the Democrat side. They believed it was time for a black President, a big change that America needed, especially after Bush.

I don't know that I'd describe it as a willingness to back off so much as an inevitable end to the primaries. Hillary fought a bloody vicious campaign against Obama that really damaged her respectability in the eyes of some (myself included). When she cried in New Hampshire it was like a stab in the back of women everywhere, a cheap attempt to play on the emotions of voters at the sacrifice of her own self-respect. In doing so she vindicated every piece of s**t in history that's written off women for being 'too emotional' for politics and for leadership in general.

Just needed to get that small rant out.

Oh right, yeah.

Just read it, It was kind of forced on the Clintons to back off, they made a lot of mistakes... but then Bill seemed to be like "screw it" and enthusiastically support Obama, saying "He is ready to lead".

Lavish Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Qyp
Disa Uniflora
Qyp
Disa Uniflora
I don't know who people thought the majority of black voters supported in previous elections. Since the New Deal and the Civil Rights movement in particular, Democrats have always swept up most of the black vote, in spite of their only ever having run one black candidate for president. It's just an extraordinarily short-sighted excuse for people who can't read statistics.

Bill Clinton seemed to be loved by the black community, right? He did spend a lot of time with them, and one of his inspirations to be a public figure was Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech, and I know he could play Jazz Saxophone.... might explain why Obama is supported by the Clinton family, after seeing that Hillary Clinton was willing to back off, and let Obama take the reigns for the Democrat side. They believed it was time for a black President, a big change that America needed, especially after Bush.

I don't know that I'd describe it as a willingness to back off so much as an inevitable end to the primaries. Hillary fought a bloody vicious campaign against Obama that really damaged her respectability in the eyes of some (myself included). When she cried in New Hampshire it was like a stab in the back of women everywhere, a cheap attempt to play on the emotions of voters at the sacrifice of her own self-respect. In doing so she vindicated every piece of s**t in history that's written off women for being 'too emotional' for politics and for leadership in general.

Just needed to get that small rant out.

Oh right, yeah.

Just read it, It was kind of forced on the Clintons to back off, they made a lot of mistakes... but then Bill seemed to be like "screw it" and enthusiastically support Obama, saying "He is ready to lead".

I think people are mistaking what I'm saying here, considering that the thread is voted down.

I'm not saying that Obama won because of the black vote, I'm saying a large amount of people are voting based on whether someone is black or white. I'm not saying that people are voting for someone just because they are the same race, but I am worried that people are voting based on race at all. It worries me that this country may go back to Antebellum times.

Lavish Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
Chaos Dirge
If we have another revolution its not going to be the government causing it its going to be people like you. Not based on race, not based on hate, but based on the fact that you think you are special and that the other people that think they are special are not entitled to feel that way. Even the issue of a persons race can be divided among the people of the same race. When it comes to the topic of race it will effect many things.

Race is not divided by a matter of skin color, despite what people seem to think, race is so much more, "Culture" is a big factor in what effects race... So much so that America actually has created its own race from when it was founded, not just a country.

Though we may be divided by color all of our cultures effect us. I mean I don't think people grasp how amazing of a thing that we have such a diverse population it is. Cultures related through blood actually can't get together as well as we can, and that's saying a lot for the US's savage history.

This election wasn't based on just the assumption of skin color, it was effected by the culture, if you think otherwise well then you aren't actually diminishing the assumption of racism.

Interestingly the US inherits many traditions from a mixture of Irish traditions... guess what we use to hate the Irish, there use to be a point where if anyone Irish were elected into office people would riot in the streets.

We also get a lot of our history from African American's, Native Americans, Latinos, Asian, and so many others. And even our single united race, that came from many races, has effected traditions of other races.

Though the US is not the start of this cycle, in the least we are probably a chaotic mesh of something so improbable to exist. People really take it for granite and say "race effected this."

I'm telling you right now, the fact that race effected this is the proof that the United States can become so much more, and not the signs that its going to sink back into a revolution... but that's only if people can find the will to co-operate. People fight, but if you can say that nothing from the minorities effect your race as a whole then you don't know the meaning of the word race, it is so much more vast, it means so much more than skin color, it means so much more than being different. A person could even say "it means family" Now I'm not some hippy, I'm not going to say I'm related to every person in the world but we are a culture, and culture defines a race so much more than any skin color can. Today, blood is not thicker than water. I'm white and I voted for Obama; does that make me racist?

Refer to my reply to another user on page 2:

Quote:
I think people are mistaking what I'm saying here, considering that the thread is voted down.

I'm not saying that Obama won because of the black vote, I'm saying a large amount of people are voting based on whether someone is black or white. I'm not saying that people are voting for someone just because they are the same race, but I am worried that people are voting based on race at all. It worries me that this country may go back to Antebellum times.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Coin-Operated Cactus
Don't get me started on all the "It's called the White House for a reason" tweetsI saw. It's really sickening.
for all the retards that posted thati could also argue women can't do certain jobs because its called "policeMAN" fora reason.

Dangerous Genius

Zack Greinke
Chaos Dirge
If we have another revolution its not going to be the government causing it its going to be people like you. Not based on race, not based on hate, but based on the fact that you think you are special and that the other people that think they are special are not entitled to feel that way. Even the issue of a persons race can be divided among the people of the same race. When it comes to the topic of race it will effect many things.

Race is not divided by a matter of skin color, despite what people seem to think, race is so much more, "Culture" is a big factor in what effects race... So much so that America actually has created its own race from when it was founded, not just a country.

Though we may be divided by color all of our cultures effect us. I mean I don't think people grasp how amazing of a thing that we have such a diverse population it is. Cultures related through blood actually can't get together as well as we can, and that's saying a lot for the US's savage history.

This election wasn't based on just the assumption of skin color, it was effected by the culture, if you think otherwise well then you aren't actually diminishing the assumption of racism.

Interestingly the US inherits many traditions from a mixture of Irish traditions... guess what we use to hate the Irish, there use to be a point where if anyone Irish were elected into office people would riot in the streets.

We also get a lot of our history from African American's, Native Americans, Latinos, Asian, and so many others. And even our single united race, that came from many races, has effected traditions of other races.

Though the US is not the start of this cycle, in the least we are probably a chaotic mesh of something so improbable to exist. People really take it for granite and say "race effected this."

I'm telling you right now, the fact that race effected this is the proof that the United States can become so much more, and not the signs that its going to sink back into a revolution... but that's only if people can find the will to co-operate. People fight, but if you can say that nothing from the minorities effect your race as a whole then you don't know the meaning of the word race, it is so much more vast, it means so much more than skin color, it means so much more than being different. A person could even say "it means family" Now I'm not some hippy, I'm not going to say I'm related to every person in the world but we are a culture, and culture defines a race so much more than any skin color can. Today, blood is not thicker than water. I'm white and I voted for Obama; does that make me racist?

Refer to my reply to another user on page 2:

Quote:

I did not mistake what you were saying, I'm just saying that what you are saying is also tied to what I said about race. Even though Skin color can effect some decisions on a bit of a bias it is not the only deciding factor. I guarantee you for as many people their are that vote based on skin color there are as many that vote based on logic.

I didn't down vote you, and I didn't attack you I merely informed you. I didn't call you racist I just think that you are worrying over nothing. The reason I emphasized that culture is more important than skin color is because everyone here is effected by race... As goes with my reference to the Irish and how there use to be rioting in the streets when one was elected... People voted based on if people were Irish back then to. I know this might come as a shock but there was a time and there are still people that think Caucasian people are not all the same race.

I'm saying that even though its negative it isn't right to not think people are not entitled that way... people should feel important about their skin color. There is a difference between that and being racist. As long as you don't preaching about superiority... it only manages to influence the whole, not segregate it.

Dangerous Genius

Booty Tickle
Coin-Operated Cactus
Don't get me started on all the "It's called the White House for a reason" tweetsI saw. It's really sickening.
for all the retards that posted thati could also argue women can't do certain jobs because its called "policeMAN" fora reason.
I like how they said "not to sound racist," Obviously they must mean its called white because its painted white. /sarcasm.

Blessed Tactician

11,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
It's going to be about race if one candidate is a different color than the other.
It's how society works.
All you can do is pay less attention to that and more to what they're actually going to do, which was a much bigger factor. If it was all about race, Obama probably wouldn't have won.
Coin-Operated Cactus

They're idiots. They're also beginning to be the minority. His reelection proves as much. If the majority of people thought the way they did Obama would have never even made it to the White House in the first place.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff