Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
It sure does sadden me.

Like, seriously, I know quite a few people who voted who heard a person say stuff along the lines of "I am so ready to vote his black a** out of the White House" and "I voted Obama because he's black." This is ******** retarded.

If this nation seriously goes back to basing s**t on race, we're going to have another civil war. Only I'm not sure it'll be a matter of north vs. south, I'm more worried it will be government versus the people. I mean, no matter what way America goes, politicians will and do ******** us over every time. I don't care if it's Obama, Romney, whoever, we will always get ******** over no matter who we elect.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
I don't know who people thought the majority of black voters supported in previous elections. Since the New Deal and the Civil Rights movement in particular, Democrats have always swept up most of the black vote, in spite of their only ever having run one black candidate for president. It's just an extraordinarily short-sighted excuse for people who can't read statistics.
it always has been about race. otherwise we would of had jessie jackson as president a long time ago.

Dangerous Genius

If we have another revolution its not going to be the government causing it its going to be people like you. Not based on race, not based on hate, but based on the fact that you think you are special and that the other people that think they are special are not entitled to feel that way. Even the issue of a persons race can be divided among the people of the same race. When it comes to the topic of race it will effect many things.

Race is not divided by a matter of skin color, despite what people seem to think, race is so much more, "Culture" is a big factor in what effects race... So much so that America actually has created its own race from when it was founded, not just a country.

Though we may be divided by color all of our cultures effect us. I mean I don't think people grasp how amazing of a thing that we have such a diverse population it is. Cultures related through blood actually can't get together as well as we can, and that's saying a lot for the US's savage history.

This election wasn't based on just the assumption of skin color, it was effected by the culture, if you think otherwise well then you aren't actually diminishing the assumption of racism.

Interestingly the US inherits many traditions from a mixture of Irish traditions... guess what we use to hate the Irish, there use to be a point where if anyone Irish were elected into office people would riot in the streets.

We also get a lot of our history from African American's, Native Americans, Latinos, Asian, and so many others. And even our single united race, that came from many races, has effected traditions of other races.

Though the US is not the start of this cycle, in the least we are probably a chaotic mesh of something so improbable to exist. People really take it for granite and say "race effected this."

I'm telling you right now, the fact that race effected this is the proof that the United States can become so much more, and not the signs that its going to sink back into a revolution... but that's only if people can find the will to co-operate. People fight, but if you can say that nothing from the minorities effect your race as a whole then you don't know the meaning of the word race, it is so much more vast, it means so much more than skin color, it means so much more than being different. A person could even say "it means family" Now I'm not some hippy, I'm not going to say I'm related to every person in the world but we are a culture, and culture defines a race so much more than any skin color can. Today, blood is not thicker than water. I'm white and I voted for Obama; does that make me racist?

Dangerous Genius

BreeYTanner
Here's what I think. First of all, I live in Texas, I am a native and proud Texan. I know for a fact that we are the only state with the right to secede from the U.S. because we were asked to join the union. We have the most gold, oil, population and support. And most of the country's military is trained here. I believe that Texas should use all that as leverage to make the idiots in Washington D.C. act right. Because if Texas secedes, even though we'll probably be screwed, the world will be on our side. Lets find more ways to be able to hold leverage against the government! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Please... please, tell me you are trolling.

Magical Astronomer

13,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hero 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
I'm kinda joking, but I'm kinda not. But I still want the government to get their heads out of their bums and start acting right. Aside from that, what's it to ya? Something has to be done about the paranoia, idiocy and down right hypocracy in this country, and the country holding leverage against the capital might just do something right. As long as We don't get nukes dropped on us......

Dangerous Genius

BreeYTanner
I'm kinda joking, but I'm kinda not. But I still want the government to get their heads out of their bums and start acting right. Aside from that, what's it to ya? Something has to be done about the paranoia, idiocy and down right hypocracy in this country, and the country holding leverage against the capital might just do something right. As long as We don't get nukes dropped on us......
I'm still not sure if you are serious, because you are kind of acting like one of those paranoid-idiotic-hypocrites.

I mean that post... I don't think you understand the world... you do not have the legal right to secede from the nation... Trust me, Texas tried that... the Supreme court told them no. You have the "moral right" but again you would have to get the entire state to agree on it, or a pretty large majority. Not to mention if you did that you guys would have to print "your own money" and it would probably be heavily devalued in trading. There is a reason the federal government tried to form a single currency for all the states.

I mean, I don't think you actually understand what you are saying. You wouldn't be committing a act of bravery... if no other state came with you you would literally be committing suicide. Despite the fact that I don't morally agree with it... it's just plain stupid.

Hypocrisy is more than just the action of lying, it is more than not standing to a virtue... it is promising to stand to that virtue entirely and not be consistent.. and if you can say that you have never done that in any regard... you are a bigger hypocrite than any government employ.

Friendly Lunatic

8,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
Actually, it does. I've seen so many Facebook posts about "Vote Obama If You're Black !" or "Keep America America by Voting Romney!

It ridiculous. If they're not going to actually vote because they think one race is better than the other or some crap like that, then they shouldn't be able to vote at all.

Dangerous Genius

BreeYTanner
I already said that we'd be screwed. I know it wouldn't work. But if you get enough people to take part in a revolution, our voices will be heard.
The only message I see you spreading is that you think just like the people you are calling "hypocrites". So please tell me what that would actually prove to anyone? confused

I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm all for people doing what they think will spread a message, but if you don't actually think about the message you are trying to spread you will just make a mess that no one will understand... Not to mention, part of the reason congress argues is because other states argue. Texas has a far different culture than Ohio and California.... Texas is even divided among Texas... It wouldn't work because of pressure just because of the US government you would be ripping your states very foundation apart. That isn't a message that's just shooting guns in the air and howling like a bunch of animals.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
From what I have been reading, there are some people who actually think that by voting Republican it's voting to keep America. Far from the truth. But that does not keep them from thinking that. Certainly far from the truth that voting for Obama was somehow voting against America.
I don't get that way of thinking. It confuses me.

Texas needs to get their own government to "act right" before they even think they have the right to do anything else. Their government has been a mess of late from what I had been reading. never used to be like that when I was living there for two years at age 6-7. It's ridiculous now! Arizona as well! They've all gone bonkers!
Don't get me started on all the "It's called the White House for a reason" tweetsI saw. It's really sickening.

Manly Lunatic

Disa Uniflora
I don't know who people thought the majority of black voters supported in previous elections. Since the New Deal and the Civil Rights movement in particular, Democrats have always swept up most of the black vote, in spite of their only ever having run one black candidate for president. It's just an extraordinarily short-sighted excuse for people who can't read statistics.

Bill Clinton seemed to be loved by the black community, right? He did spend a lot of time with them, and one of his inspirations to be a public figure was Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech, and I know he could play Jazz Saxophone.... might explain why Obama is supported by the Clinton family, after seeing that Hillary Clinton was willing to back off, and let Obama take the reigns for the Democrat side. They believed it was time for a black President, a big change that America needed, especially after Bush.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Qyp
Disa Uniflora

Bill Clinton seemed to be loved by the black community, right? He did spend a lot of time with them, and one of his inspirations to be a public figure was Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech, and I know he could play Jazz Saxophone.... might explain why Obama is supported by the Clinton family, after seeing that Hillary Clinton was willing to back off, and let Obama take the reigns for the Democrat side. They believed it was time for a black President, a big change that America needed, especially after Bush.

I don't know that I'd describe it as a willingness to back off so much as an inevitable end to the primaries. Hillary fought a bloody vicious campaign against Obama that really damaged her respectability in the eyes of some (myself included). When she cried in New Hampshire it was like a stab in the back of women everywhere, a cheap attempt to play on the emotions of voters at the sacrifice of her own self-respect. In doing so she vindicated every piece of s**t in history that's written off women for being 'too emotional' for politics and for leadership in general.

Just needed to get that small rant out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces