Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you feel about the next four years?

Optimistic 0.55633802816901 55.6% [ 79 ]
Pessimistic 0.11971830985915 12.0% [ 17 ]
Nuetral 0.15492957746479 15.5% [ 22 ]
Wish independents had more sway 0.091549295774648 9.2% [ 13 ]
He's black isn't he? 0.014084507042254 1.4% [ 2 ]
Huh? ... Wut? 0.063380281690141 6.3% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 142 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 57 58 59 > >>

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Old Blue Collar Joe
Divine_Malevolence
Old Blue Collar Joe

Nope. I'm basing it on the fervent hope he's going to stop the goat ******** our economy is becoming
Funny thing about that is he already did.
When he first took office, the deficit was rapidly rising. The economy was in recession bordering on depression. It was the worst financial crisis since the 1930's.
And then, with one of his first acts..... BOOM! Suddenly a deficit that's rising by somewhere around five hundred billion a year is falling.
Do you know where we'd be if he hadn't?

Do you enjoy the ability to buy a car?

Worse since the thirties? Did everyone forget the late seventies already? Seems to have.
Gas prices when he took office were $1.85 a gallon. Care to guess what they are now?
I have never had an issue buying a car. Correct your comment. Do I like buying one that is supposedly made in America. Well, here's the funny part. Ford didn't take the government bail out, and is in BETTER shape than Chevy, which still hasn't paid back their loan.
And the issue that GM is still going down the shitter since they didn't renegotiate with the unions. All they did was delayed the inevitable.
But claiming he saved the auto industry? No. He put them on life support and is claiming they're back in great shape, when they aren't. Honda, Toyota and Hyundai aren't even remotely close to finishing kicking their a**.
Didn't say anything about buying an American car.
I said a car. It's something that you'd probably miss right now if things had continued going the way they were going.

And where was our massive deficit in the late seventies? Where was our soaring unemployment rate?
Oh, I forgot. This was when the national debt was at its lowest. This was before we had a deficit. This is when we were actually gaining jobs.

Look, I get that you have an irrational hatred for Carter, but you should probably get over it.
klebold
Is that Joe guy still talking about old presidents? Didn't Romney say he was gonna invest all of America's money into the military? Money they didn't want? Didn't he mistaken the average income of middle class with high class? Didn't he say he didn't care about Americans, and only wanted to manipulate the 8% of idiots who are neutral in who to vote for?

Add on: Didn't he say 47% of the american pple don't pay taxes and are basically sucking on the government tit, consider themselves victims and refuse to take personal care or responsibility of their lives

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
S.Lyger
klebold
Is that Joe guy still talking about old presidents? Didn't Romney say he was gonna invest all of America's money into the military? Money they didn't want? Didn't he mistaken the average income of middle class with high class? Didn't he say he didn't care about Americans, and only wanted to manipulate the 8% of idiots who are neutral in who to vote for?

Add on: Didn't he say 47% of the american pple don't pay taxes and are basically sucking on the government tit, consider themselves victims and refuse to take personal care or responsibility of their lives

Romney said that yup. Truth or not, they're citizens of a country that he wants to rule. What's he gonna with them?
klebold
S.Lyger
klebold

Romney said that yup. Truth or not, they're citizens of a country that he wants to rule. What's he gonna with them?

But its not entirely truth, I mean yea I'm sure that % of pple don't pay income taxes, but they certainly pay more in sales and payroll taxes, at least a good bit. The one's who don't are students, like myself for example, lol I'ma 47%'er... But the whole victims things and personal responsibility n all that is just bull s**t. More people are in poverty than before because of the recession period, they can say its Obama's policies but we haven't seen most of them because they never made it past the house...
lol if only this sample of 28 people represented the national polls emotion_awesome

Obsessive Player

You spend a lot of time in the "Spin Room" guys. Go do some research on your own, and really listen to what Obama and Romney are saying.
Obama can't defend his record on the deficit, unemployment, or unfulfilled promises. But, at least, he acted like things mattered for a change.
Do the Math for youselves. Then, evaluate taxes and the deficit. The economy seems to be the MOST important issue. Jobs hinge on its health and growth.
And, as for women, come on everyone. Evaluate the difference against paying for contraception against the ability to have a career which makes the payment inconsequential. And, as for "women's rights" on abortion, isn't that always going to be a "belief-based" hot topic. I didn't hear anyone say he was going to refuse to uphold or change the law. Only that personal beliefs do not support the practice. If you are going to say Romney is the villan, be realistic. Biden is also personally pro-life from his faith-based beliefs.
And, as for the deficit. My god, how come the focus is on 2 programs that receive Federal Fubding only. Check it out --- Cowboy Poetry; Snakes vs. Squireels; and on, and on,. Believe me, if someone really took on all the earmarks from both paries (nicle & dimes,you say ---hah!0 how many dollars could go to the things that matter. Sorry, but I do agree about the 2 issues with Romney. For these reasons. "Big Bird" and his friens generate enough income in the retail markat to support PBS. And, I believe that those who believe that Planned Parenthood is a necessary program for women will generously support to keep it strong. Wouldn't their donations be more effective there than to sponser all the negative ads going on in the Media. And, the sponsership of the large fund-raising events which support those same ads.
There's so much more, but really, to go on would lose your interest in finishing this message ( if i haven't already).
I;m putting these things out there for thought and, maybe discussion. But, really, only to say --- once more ----do your own research. Be realisitic, rather than emotional, in your assessment.
I agree with what you're saying on a number of things, though I don't think Obama 'needs' to defend his record. Even if we slid into the alternate reality right wing media creates and Obama's record is bad, what about Romney? His record is sending jobs overseas, bankrupting companies, taking people's pensions and firing them to profit more than he already does anyway. He flip flops on every issue and boasts about transparency when he won't release his tax returns. The one he did release most recently he inflated his tax rate by taking less charitable deductions. I mean s**t even his name, his first name isn't Mitt... Lol even if you think Obama's the worst thing to ever happen to the white house, can you honestly make a case for Romney not plunging us back into the post Bush recession republicans like bitching about so much?

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
I'm for Obama. I just don't trust Romney. I'd rather plateau and not go anywhere than have the economy go straight down
Booty Tickle
I'm for Obama. I just don't trust Romney. I'd rather plateau and not go anywhere than have the economy go straight down
lol this is essentially my argument to anyone who doesn't like Obama's record, though I have to admit I like his record.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
S.Lyger
Booty Tickle
lol this is essentially my argument to anyone who doesn't like Obama's record, though I have to admit I like his record.
I think he's iight :p
Booty Tickle
S.Lyger
Booty Tickle

I mean its debatable really, but the fact that we went from -800k jobs to +100k+ jobs each month is an obvious positive. Also I'm surprised anyone can really say republican and 'save the economy' in the same sentence. I'm one of those crazy people that remember the clinton years and then remember how bad these same republicans destroyed the economy. So i'm always ctfu when I hear them say how Obama's bad for the economy and he hasn't helped and all that...

NonniChan's Significant Otter

OG Nerd

Hey. I'm back. So while I was gone all the fighting stopped and everyone agreed to hold hands and sing right?
Oh and I'm listed as a Democrat now? Sweet!

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Ben Saladin
Hey. I'm back. So while I was gone all the fighting stopped and everyone agreed to hold hands and sing right?
Oh and I'm listed as a Democrat now? Sweet!
are you the blind niqqa samurai?

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
S.Lyger
Booty Tickle
S.Lyger
Booty Tickle

I mean its debatable really, but the fact that we went from -800k jobs to +100k+ jobs each month is an obvious positive. Also I'm surprised anyone can really say republican and 'save the economy' in the same sentence. I'm one of those crazy people that remember the clinton years and then remember how bad these same republicans destroyed the economy. So i'm always ctfu when I hear them say how Obama's bad for the economy and he hasn't helped and all that...
I'm only 16 so I barely remember bush

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces