Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you feel about the next four years?

Optimistic 0.55633802816901 55.6% [ 79 ]
Pessimistic 0.11971830985915 12.0% [ 17 ]
Nuetral 0.15492957746479 15.5% [ 22 ]
Wish independents had more sway 0.091549295774648 9.2% [ 13 ]
He's black isn't he? 0.014084507042254 1.4% [ 2 ]
Huh? ... Wut? 0.063380281690141 6.3% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 142 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58 59 > >>

NonniChan's Significant Otter

OG Nerd

S.Lyger
Ben Saladin
I Supported Obama the first time around and I will support him again. Maybe he wont win, and it's not the end of the world if he doesn't.
The Republican party is dead, the only question now is how far they drag us down on their way out.
They've lost it, the religious right has consumed the party entirely, lol moderate republicans been jumping ship all year.

Yep, moderates no longer have a home in the GOP.
Many moderates like d**k Lugar were voted out by Republicans.
For almost a decade the proof that Republicans work across the aisle has begun with the name d**k Lugar. He had support from Republicans, Dems and independents, but apparently he is to liberal to win the Republican primary.
Edit: Maybe I should call him Richard lol.
lol, hey do you guys want to join the thread btw? Even you republican guy we need you too razz

NonniChan's Significant Otter

OG Nerd

Old Blue Collar Joe
Divine_Malevolence
Old Blue Collar Joe

Wait a minute. You're not listening to anything from any source other than the liberals, are you? First point, how is adding six TRILLION in debt in four years (more than Bush did in eight) saving us any money? It's record setting spending.
Please don't talk about the debt like you understand it. 'Cause you've made it pretty clear that you don't.

Oh, and as to your signature:
Carter added more than half as many jobs in his four years as Reagan did in his eight(Also known as more per year), and did so without blowing up the deficit.

You going to deny Obama took our debt from ten to sixteen trillion? Yeah, I confused the two words. Forgive me for over-working.
Carter was a ******** moron. He took us straight down the shitter. I will give Obama credit for having bigger balls than Carter. Old Peanuthead still can do nothing but pucker up and blame America for all the worlds ills.

The name calling is harsh man. There are few people in this world as good as Jimmy Carter. If you think he was a bad president. Fine. Seriously though the work he did during and after his presidency in the Middle East has been the only progress made toward peace there, and Habitat for Humanity speaks for itself. Denigrating a man like Carter will not earn you points in the South and definitely not in Georgia and most of us are Republicans.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Old Blue Collar Joe
Divine_Malevolence
Old Blue Collar Joe

Wait a minute. You're not listening to anything from any source other than the liberals, are you? First point, how is adding six TRILLION in debt in four years (more than Bush did in eight) saving us any money? It's record setting spending.
Please don't talk about the debt like you understand it. 'Cause you've made it pretty clear that you don't.

Carter added more than half as many jobs in his four years as Reagan did in his eight(Also known as more per year), and did so without blowing up the deficit.

You going to deny Obama took our debt from ten to sixteen trillion? Yeah, I confused the two words. Forgive me for over-working.
Carter was a ******** moron. He took us straight down the shitter. I will give Obama credit for having bigger balls than Carter. Old Peanuthead still can do nothing but pucker up and blame America for all the worlds ills.
Just pointing out that, on a year for year stance, Carter was actually better financially than Reagan, your paragon.
And Obama didn't take it from ten to sixteen trillion. It sailed there on the current(deficit) that George W Bush made. Which is more or less a crucial point that you seem to be unable to grasp.
You don't blame the fireman for preventing the loss of a hospital wing to a fire, despite that he's managed to reduce the rate of spread. You blame the dumbass that started the fire.
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
A s t o r i a Edition
Let's just say every female that is undecided, on my FB that is, has had their PMs spammed with facts of how Romney will ******** them over...

Haha I'm glad to hear that!! I find it amazing that the polls with women are so close now after the first debate... I'm like, do they think because moderate mitt showed up instead of severely conservative mitt that his policies on women's rights magically changed as well?

No. They're stating that the women are more concerned about the economy than fear mongering. And they're disappointed with Obama's performance.
Ok, lets pretend for a moment that Obama's record is actually bad, which is funny... But we're pretending right. Do we really think Romney has the answer to our problems when have his policies are on Bush's level if not further to the right. I mean he made a living shipping jobs overseas and destroying companies, does everything in his power to pay as little taxes as humanly possible and wants to deregulate wall street. Do we honestly think any of that will help the economy? Completely overlooking the around 5 trillion tax cut which he can't explain how to pay for.

We're overlooking a 'most transparent administration', which immediately threw up a wall and blocked everyone out.
Bombing a country without congressional approval. Multiple times.
Using a drone strike to kill an American citizen without due process. Please name another president that has done that.
Or the fact that not once has Romney called for a five trillion dollar tax cut. But the left keeps tossing that lie out, and you guys just swallow anything Saint Obama says as gospel, even his lies.
Many of his policies have s**t all to do with what Bush did. But...if it worked once...lie and do it again?
He can't do much worse with the economy. The ONLY reason Obama's unemployment rate FINALLY, after four years, got below 8% is because California didn't report all their data. That was some special timing, wasn't it?
Fudge info much?

Lol so its all the left wing media huh? You needa stop watchn fox news it rots your brain. I've listened to romney speak, talking about cutting taxes 20% across the board. Every survey ever done thats not a republican institution has said it'll cost around 5 trillion, period... Secondly Obama's created jobs and lowered unemployment, why do all of Romney's policies come from George Bush and beyond... They won't tell us what deductions, or any specific really other than bullshit and cute stories about how he met people and s**t. Lets be honest, if you ever heard Romney speak anywhere ever before the first debate you know he was lying his a** off. Lol key example, the polls and the unemployment stats been cool the last four years but when the polls changed, they were rigged, when the unemployment dropped books were cooked. The republicans are full of s**t, they admitted openly to not letting fact checker decide their campaigns...

Btw just random question only somewhat related, are you rich?

Sadly, I don't watch FOX news. I don't watch news, period, because you don't learn s**t from it. I read multiple sources.
The 20% 'across the board' is a half truth. Just enough of a 'half truth' to fool the unwitting. He's calling for a 20% marginal tax rate reduction, which means ADDING more people to the tax paying tier from higher economic groups, NOT a reduction in the tax rate of 20%.
In other words, he's increasing the revenue pool of tax payers. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that, since he's not lowering the poverty line, merely getting those with more to pay more, while closing loopholes.
Wait...we've had an unemployment rate above eight percent for four years running. Where are these jobs? Where is this lower unemployment?
Oh. Forgot. Seasonal hiring and it's election season, so all the campaigners count. After the election, when they're all let go, we'll rebound back to that wonderful eight plus percent number he's gotten us to.
I've heard him speak. Heard Obama too. Man can they sling some lies. Funny thing? Most fact checks are ran by 'think tanks', and those ******** are good at semantics.
Such as the claim by Candy that Obama DID call Libya (which he happily bombed the ******** out of without congressional approval, so you're evidently cool with no procedures for war type actions.) a terrorist attack immediately, when reality was...he blamed it on a ******** video.
Still trying to, in fact.
But again....where's these jobs? Why aren't people lining up in the glorious economy buying houses and such? Oh. That's right. Because the economy still sucks.
Ben Saladin
Old Blue Collar Joe
Divine_Malevolence
Old Blue Collar Joe

The name calling is harsh man. There are few people in this world as good as Jimmy Carter. If you think he was a bad president. Fine. Seriously though the work he did during and after his presidency in the Middle East has been the only progress made toward peace there, and Habitat for Humanity speaks for itself. Denigrating a man like Carter will not earn you points in the South and definitely not in Georgia and most of us are Republicans.

I am IN Georgia and was around during that ******** presidency, and got news for ya, the ONLY people in Georgia who still praise him are the liberals, because the rest of us despise having to admit that dumbass was from Georgia.
Old Blue Collar Joe

Sadly, I don't watch FOX news. I don't watch news, period, because you don't learn s**t from it. I read multiple sources.
The 20% 'across the board' is a half truth. Just enough of a 'half truth' to fool the unwitting. He's calling for a 20% marginal tax rate reduction, which means ADDING more people to the tax paying tier from higher economic groups, NOT a reduction in the tax rate of 20%.
In other words, he's increasing the revenue pool of tax payers. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that, since he's not lowering the poverty line, merely getting those with more to pay more, while closing loopholes.
Wait...we've had an unemployment rate above eight percent for four years running. Where are these jobs? Where is this lower unemployment?
Oh. Forgot. Seasonal hiring and it's election season, so all the campaigners count. After the election, when they're all let go, we'll rebound back to that wonderful eight plus percent number he's gotten us to.
I've heard him speak. Heard Obama too. Man can they sling some lies. Funny thing? Most fact checks are ran by 'think tanks', and those ******** are good at semantics.
Such as the claim by Candy that Obama DID call Libya (which he happily bombed the ******** out of without congressional approval, so you're evidently cool with no procedures for war type actions.) a terrorist attack immediately, when reality was...he blamed it on a ******** video.
But again....where's these jobs? Why aren't people lining up in the glorious economy buying houses and such? Oh. That's right. Because the economy still sucks.

5m+ in new jobs created despite a record number of filibusters... Its amazing that despite barely getting to apply any of his policies aside from the ones in spite of the house majority, he still has had a continually decreasing unemployment as well as adding jobs each month.

I don't doubt your analysis of that being what he actually means, which could potentially be helpful, but that hasn't always been what he said. Also I'm confused with all of these sources you read that you can actually trust a single word out of Mitt Romney's mouth. You can't find a single thing he's said in any speech ever, be it, in the republican primaries, on in this election cycle that hasn't either been flip flopped on or later walked back by his campaign.

Also watching the news would probably be helpful because you'd have seen the video from the rose garden as I have the day after the Libyan situation. Obama clearly said in his first few words, "acts of terror will not be tolerated" Now I'm sure republicans will argue that he didn't mean terrorist acts, by acts of terror... I'm just surprised you believe that s**t
I'm adding you guys to the first page, lemme know if I mischaracterize your political inclination
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe

5m+ in new jobs created despite a record number of filibusters... Its amazing that despite barely getting to apply any of his policies aside from the ones in spite of the house majority, he still has had a continually decreasing unemployment as well as adding jobs each month.

I don't doubt your analysis of that being what he actually means, which could potentially be helpful, but that hasn't always been what he said. Also I'm confused with all of these sources you read that you can actually trust a single word out of Mitt Romney's mouth. You can't find a single thing he's said in any speech ever, be it, in the republican primaries, on in this election cycle that hasn't either been flip flopped on or later walked back by his campaign.

Also watching the news would probably be helpful because you'd have seen the video from the rose garden as I have the day after the Libyan situation. Obama clearly said in his first few words, "acts of terror will not be tolerated" Now I'm sure republicans will argue that he didn't mean terrorist acts, by acts of terror... I'm just surprised you believe that s**t

Can we NOT count temporary jobs? Had the jobs been real and permanent, our unemployment rate wouldn't be close to what it is.
Won't argue about the politicians. Sick of the lot of them on both sides.
We haven't been 'decreasing unemployment' however. It's been stagnant and stable, but nothing to write home about.
Also, he had control for over a year. His own party stopped a lot of his stuff, so that should be a good indicator that his people skills suck serious a**.
Or his plans are just that batshit insane.
I've read comments from insiders that claim both.
I trust Romney about the same as I trust Obama. Obama's just had four years to prove he's incompetent and unable to make progress. Time to change.
No, I'm looking at the entire comment and what he meant. Obviously it falls under the category of a terrorist action. That's not what I'm arguing. It was his comments and insinuation that it was NOT an organized, planned action, which is exactly what it was, and that they had no advance notice, which has also bee proven wrong.
That is what pissed me off. He shoots from the hip way too damn much with stupid ******** comments and does NOT apologize for being a dickwad.
S.Lyger
I'm adding you guys to the first page, lemme know if I mischaracterize your political inclination

Let me clarify one point. I am NOT a republican. I am a conservative. Big damn difference. In point of fact, had Hilary won the dem nom last time, I'd have voted for her just to get Bill back in office, and prayed they hired some chunky interns for him.
Please do not label me a rep.
Only reason I am for Romney, is I want dipshit gone. This isn't so much a vote for Romney as a vote against Obama.
Lmao so now we're discussing comments made, and their plausibility and/or factual quality? Come on you're playing at being somewhat unbiased in this, but the majority of your info is the stuff they been spouting on fox news for quite some time now.

I think Biden said it best overall, "republicans speak about this recession as though it fell from the sky..." You say the recovery is too slow, but we wouldn't need a recovery if not for Bush, period, which last I checked was a republican. He came in with a surplus, meaning literally all he had to do was not ******** it up, and we'd have sailed on the Clinton economic prosperity for decades. Instead he crashed the s**t outta the economy, this is why I laugh when people blame Obama for the lack of available jobs. Then you got people like Mitt Romney who shipped tons of jobs overseas, now bitching about there are no jobs...

So when you say hey Obama's not getting us jobs, he's not that and not that he didn't keep his promise blah blah blah. I say the fact that any jobs were created, ANY jobs, that the stock markets are at record highs, anything even remotely positive about our current situation is attributable to Obama's ideas, despite like i said a RECORD number of filibusters, something like over 200. These were jobs bills, benefits for veterans, and anything else that didn't directly help the 1%. Since Bush [when I started following politics] and presumably even before the republicans have only ever been about the richest people in the country. Ryan and others in the republican congress made a budget that cuts every single program aside from those helping big companies and rich people from the budget saying we need smaller government.

You never answered my question about whether or not you were rich... I asked because I'm wondering if your another one of the millions of people voting against their own needs.
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger

Let me clarify one point. I am NOT a republican. I am a conservative. Big damn difference. In point of fact, had Hilary won the dem nom last time, I'd have voted for her just to get Bill back in office, and prayed they hired some chunky interns for him.
Only reason I am for Romney, is I want dipshit gone. This isn't so much a vote for Romney as a vote against Obama.

Ok, i'll change it, your in your rush limbaugh bag lol... They said Romney could be anybody, long as they can get Obama outta office.
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger

Ok, i'll change it, your in your rush limbaugh bag lol... They said Romney could be anybody, long as they can get Obama outta office.

Damn I hate Limbaugh. I don't listen to the talking heads from either side, as they are nothing more than shock jocks out to make money off feeding off people's rage.
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger

Damn I hate Limbaugh. I don't listen to the talking heads from either side, as they are nothing more than shock jocks out to make money off feeding off people's rage.

Lol you keep throwing in that both sides stuff.. Name one liberal [not even a dem] just a liberal thats anything at all like Limbaugh
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger

Lol you keep throwing in that both sides stuff.. Name one liberal [not even a dem] just a liberal thats anything at all like Limbaugh

Rosie O'donnell. Janine Garrafalo (or however you spell her ******** name.) Howard Stern, John Stewart, the list can go on. All of them twist 'facts' to get what they want to be believed out there. Garrafalo will flat out lie, as will O'Donnell, but we all know Rosie would kill three homeless people and a puppy for a twinkie.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff