Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
This overweight, non-hands-on type of guy is depressed on how obama won and he cant get a job no more.

Although im judging by his appearance, he's one of those people who think romney will come to their front door with a job in hand.

I know a well paying job where you literally take care of an elderly wiping their asses. ITs always available But my dad said that that job is too embarassing.

I think if youre THAT desperate for a job, it doesnt matter whether its equivalent to someone without papers also having the chance to get a job.

As long as your getting money, you shouldnt be complaining.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Responsive

I know a well paying job where you literally take care of an elderly wiping their asses.

That job is called a CNA, and I did it for 3 years.

Dangerous Sweetheart

I honestly think some of the unemployed are people that have very high standards of the jobs they want and won't take anything less then that. They don't understand the idea of working their way up, and think all the jobs should just be waiting for them.

This is what I have gathered from the people of my generation here in my general area.
    i kind of didn't even understand your post or the point you were trying to get at.
    and judging by appearances is always a horrible thing to do because more often than not, you're wrong.

and believe it or not, some people might not qualify for being a CNA or be able to fulfill the requirements needed in order to become one.

this bullshit about "jobs are everywhere and you get can get one always if you just apply and lower your standards!!!" is annoying.
    my mother was unemployed a year or two back and she sent in over 90 applications to places like doing laundry and doing other "if-you're-desperate" jobs.
    and the search went on for MONTHS before she could land even one of those.

it's not always as easy as you all think.

PS. she also has a college certificate for billing/insurance kind of stuff.
    so yeah, she lowered her standards a lot.

Fashionable Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
justanumba2
    i kind of didn't even understand your post or the point you were trying to get at.
    and judging by appearances is always a horrible thing to do because more often than not, you're wrong.

and believe it or not, some people might not qualify for being a CNA or be able to fulfill the requirements needed in order to become one.

this bullshit about "jobs are everywhere and you get can get one always if you just apply and lower your standards!!!" is annoying.
    my mother was unemployed a year or two back and she sent in over 90 applications to places like doing laundry and doing other "if-you're-desperate" jobs.

If she's still unemployed, how can you afford the internet?

Judging from your avatar and stuff, i can tell you've been here a while too.

Enduring Conversationalist

6,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
... really?
lets stereotype EVERY person of ALL of the 12 million people. I can prove you wrong myself; NO two people are the same, even twins. A lot of the people without jobs ARE looking. How dare you immediately categorize them, and yet you know nothing about them except one statistic: they are unemployed...
Well, I have relatives who call Obama the anti-Christ even though they used his unempolyment benefits to pay for trips to Disneyland, boats, and fancy toys for themselves rather than for food or any of the bills they owed.
BlackBeltMan
... really?
lets stereotype EVERY person of ALL of the 12 million people. I can prove you wrong myself; NO two people are the same, even twins. A lot of the people without jobs ARE looking. How dare you immediately categorize them, and yet you know nothing about them except one statistic: they are unemployed...

I'm sure a lot of them are looking for jobs, but there are still some who are waiting around for something to be handed to them rather than looking and blaming the president for their shortcomings.

Enduring Conversationalist

6,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
Metheshrew
BlackBeltMan
... really?

I'm sure a lot of them are looking for jobs, but there are still some who are waiting around for something to be handed to them rather than looking and blaming the president for their shortcomings.
true, there are SOME. But, question is, do you know how many? Have you done a statistical research or have some viable proof to show for it? I'm simply questioning the question/statements themselves
Responsive
This overweight, non-hands-on type of guy is depressed on how obama won and he cant get a job no more.
rofl

Fashionable Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
BlackBeltMan
... really?

Your actually categorizing too.
How? Youre assuming those 12 million people are going through great lengths to find a job.
Even if i do know everything there is about the unemployment issue, whats more valid of a point then how many people are unemployed. What the hell am i going to do with knowing who died in their family or their favorite color?
What about the other 300 million people in the US that thinks the same way as me? Are you going to go to their gaia topics and post the same thing or just telling me is satisfying enough even though it didnt do much?

Fashionable Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
BlackBeltMan
Metheshrew
BlackBeltMan
... really?

true, there are SOME. But, question is, do you know how many? Have you done a statistical research or have some viable proof to show for it? I'm simply questioning the question/statements themselves

Even if there is a statistics chart of this, itll be complete bs. Who in the hell would admit their lazy and blame their unemployment on the president?

If you already expected that there's no accurate statistic on who's actually looking for a job and who's sitting on their asses, i dont get why your asking for something that doesnt exist.

Fashionable Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
S.Lyger
Responsive
rofl

Thing is, obama is going to provide jobs too. This fat guy is brainwashed that a rich as ******** republican is all of a sudden going to like poor people.
BlackBeltMan
Metheshrew
BlackBeltMan
... really?

I don't know how many and I'm not claiming to. All I know is that this kind of a person exists because I am related to people who are just like this. Again, I'm well aware of the significant amount of people who have trouble finding a job. I am one of them. I graduated with my BA almost two years ago, but having a BA wasn't good enough so I went back to school with hopes that an MA will open more doors for me. It's difficult. Especially since I'm struggling with my health problems too and am in desperate need of good health insurance. I'm the last person to deny that everyone is a lazy a** not doing anything to help themselves, because I'm living proof that this is not true...but my family members are living proof that some of the unemployed are. They used Obama's unemployment benefits to pay for tickets to Disneyland, new cars that they couldn't afford, boats, fancy toys for their kids, and to swim with the dolphins at SeaWorld. None of this would be so bad if they weren't using money meant to pay for food as they looked for jobs to do all of this. If that is not bad enough, they call the president who gave them this money vile names like "Osama Obama" and "anti-Christ."

Dangerous Lunatic

justanumba2

I completely understand. Me, I've earned my GED and completed pre-apprenticeship as a painter at Job Corps. I've also developed decent computer skills as a 25U in the US Army. Ever since I was chaptered out of the Army back in '09, I tried applying at several places, only to never hear any reply.
Applied at Staples - Nothing.
Applied at Best Buy - twice - Nothing.
Applied at Wal-Mart -twice - Nothing.
Applied at Gamestop - twice - Nothing.
Applied at goddamn McDonalds (which is always hiring) - three times - Nothing.
Not once has any of these companies had the decency to even call me back to tell me that they didn't need me. But no - no e-mails, no phone calls - nothing. After months of waiting. Not only can I not find a job for which I'm qualified for, I can't even find work that I'm not qualified for.

Where, I ask? Where are all these so-called "jobs" that are just raining from the sky like everyone brags about? Because they sure as hell aren't here. And if they are (which I highly doubt), I'd damn near strangle someone to take it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff