Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celestial Dog

http://www.pbs.org/about/news/archive/2012/statement-presidential-debate/

I didn't watch the debate honestly, but the fact that they had to go out of their way to explain something he apparently attacked amused me.

So, here'ygo.
Discuss, I suppose!

BabyKittiies's Senpai

Mega Codger

11,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • 50 Wins 150
I didn't see it either, but from what I hear, Romney made a strong debate. Yet as strong as it was, it was full of s**t. A lot of lies and misleadings from previous statements of his.

Timid Explorer

He said if he was elected he was going to cut funding to programs he deems "not worth borrowing money from China to pay for," including PBS.
So yeah, they aren't very happy about that.

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Q2k
http://www.pbs.org/about/news/archive/2012/statement-presidential-debate/

I didn't watch the debate honestly, but the fact that they had to go out of their way to explain something he apparently attacked amused me.

So, here'ygo.
Discuss, I suppose!

if he gets elected he wants to shut it down entirely

8,350 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
Yup, he totally said he'd cut programs that aren't "worth borrowing money from china for" like Obamacare and PBS.

Also mentioned Big Bird.

I don't get where he's going with his campaign at all. He's only talking about all the things he'd shut down and then somehow money would magically appear. Obviously I was using sarcasm cause magic doesn't really exist.

6,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Solessia
I don't get where he's going with his campaign at all. He's only talking about all the things he'd shut down and then somehow money would magically appear.

I don't think he thinks money would magically appear, more like less debt would be made for things we don't actually need.

Devout Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
their both evil so vote for your lesser evil....and let our government pull their strings

Shinadori's Precious

Sugary Wife

17,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
This was apparently posted in the PBS break room.

User Image

Tipsy Exhibitionist

bleu_flame
This was apparently posted in the PBS break room.

User Image
So PBS enjoy the taste of New York?

Dapper Sex Symbol

6,175 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
It made me lol!

I don't agree with anything Romney is proposing, I really don't.

User Image
Solessia
Yup, he totally said he'd cut programs that aren't "worth borrowing money from china for" like Obamacare and PBS.

Also mentioned Big Bird.

I don't get where he's going with his campaign at all. He's only talking about all the things he'd shut down and then somehow money would magically appear.

While this confuses a lot of youth, let me explain it to you. When you stop spending money on non-necessities, that means you have...and this may shock you. MORE money for other, more important things. Like food for people and to pay your bills with?

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Solessia

Also mentioned Big Bird.

While this confuses a lot of youth, let me explain it to you. When you stop spending money on non-necessities, that means you have...and this may shock you. MORE money for other, more important things. Like food for people and to pay your bills with?

I don't see why PBS is something that is considered a non-necessity. Educational and health programs are found on PBS, something that is normally found on mainstream cable/satellite. It also has good, clean shows for children to watch. I know poor people don't deserve cellphones from the government, but THIS? It's the best thing Digital TV can offer. I don't see why they should cut funding of the one thing that has real value in entertainment.
Phallic Wonderland
Old Blue Collar Joe
Solessia

Also mentioned Big Bird.

I don't see why PBS is something that is considered a non-necessity. Educational and health programs are found on PBS, something that is normally found on mainstream cable/satellite. It also has good, clean shows for children to watch. I know poor people don't deserve cellphones from the government, but THIS? It's the best thing Digital TV can offer. I don't see why they should cut funding of the one thing that has real value in entertainment.

Then send them a donation. It's a non-necessity because I can't think of one person who has died because they didn't get their daily recommended dosage of the Swedish Chef. (You perverts keep your comments to yourself.)
And everyone is focusing on this ONE issue, when reality is, the cuts will be far wider than this alone.

Benevolent Lunatic

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2012/10/04/romney-promises-to-cut-taxpayer-funding-for-pbs-but-says-he-still-loves-big-bird/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff