Welcome to Gaia! ::

To the People of America.

You have given up. There's no ther word for it. How the masses can re-elect a regime that has elead this country in such a poor manor is beyond me. Four straight years of $1 trillion+ dollar deficits for a gand total of $5.5 trillion dollars added to our already mounted debt; 23+ million Americans out of work or under employed; 45+ million Americans on welfare (a record amount); the slowest "recovery" this nation has ever seen. Government programs that continue to bloat and intrude on our lives. Class warefare against those who are successful rather than uplifting success. Its sickening, and dissapointing to see the people of a nation so complacent about our way of life, that they are so eager to give it away.

Perhaps the country is lost. Perhaps a perpetuating welfare state, a debt that stretches generations, and government control of our lives is what the people want. Meanwhile, we members of the 53% are forced to pick up the tab. Weather it be to fund someone's paycheck, or pay for someone's abortion. Any way this administration can pass the buck. So if you wanted an administration that spends us into oblivion, refuses to take responsibility, perpetuates the welfare state, demonizes success, and imposes itself into your lives, congratulations. You've got it.

-Sincerely,
One disappointed American
because obama can fix everything. everything bad about obama's term is bush's fault. obama single handedly went to the middle east and defeated our enemies with his kung-fu. the senate prevents him from doing any good bcuz they are republicans and therefore inherently evil. new senate will pass his bills to take away our rights so he can rule us like he should have in the first place.

Destructive Bunny

BUt... ummm, the debt and deficit situation has been going on for years before Obama (even Bush), and the recession hit under Bush, a republican's reign.

Not to mention most of the debt is private debt, meaning individual householders were over borrowing more than they can repay. The consumerism mentality of "if I can't afford it, I'll borrow money and buy it anyway" isn't the fault of either party. That responsibility isn't the governments'.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
--Sky Kid Tai--

Four straight years of $1 trillion+ dollar deficits for a gand total of $5.5 trillion dollars added to our already mounted debt; 23+ million Americans out of work or under employed;

You have to remember this is on top of Bush's $3 trillion AlREADY in debt because his fake "war on terrorism" s**t.

Familiar Foe

No... I haven't given up. If I had, I wouldn't have cast my vote. Mitt Romney is a business man, and yes, he might have been able to fix the economy, but at what price? America is a country, not a business. Whether or not Obama is a good leader, that's your personal opinion, but America was built on core values of freedom for the people. I'd sooner die than willingly elect someone who's going to turn my country into a business machine, which is exactly how I feel about Romney and his plans. Never trust a businessman, after all. And since there will be arguments that that's inevitable or good or whatever, I'm just going to state flat out that I believe it's inhuman and the wrong path. Therefore, I cast my vote on the other guy. In summary, had I given up, I wouldn't have bothered voting. I have faith America will recover. I just don't believe Romney was the guy for us.
Raye Delvego
--Sky Kid Tai--

Four straight years of $1 trillion+ dollar deficits for a gand total of $5.5 trillion dollars added to our already mounted debt; 23+ million Americans out of work or under employed;

You have to remember this is on top of Bush's $3 trillion AlREADY in debt because his fake "war on terrorism" s**t.

that obama continued to perpetuate.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
--Sky Kid Tai--

Because you bitches would whine if he increased taxes to help get us out of the debt.
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
--Sky Kid Tai--

Because you bitches would whine if he increased taxes to help get us out of the debt.

wow, i can see why you voted obama rofl

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
--Sky Kid Tai--

Unlike a lot of people who get bothered by being bashed for voting for Obama, I don't care, we won and if you don't like it. Go jump in front of a train

Sarcastic Celebrant

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Master Converter 500
Considering the other real option was Mitt Romney... you'll have to forgive me if I'm glad Obama was re-elected. Growth under Obama hasn't been spectacular, but it has happened. But mostly, I'm just glad to have a president that the rest of the world can look at without laughing or sneering. I live abroad, and Bush was a JOKE. I love my country, and I don't like it being anyone;s punchline. Do not get me started on international opinions of Romney. I'm not the only one happy to see the back end of him.

And, um, Raye, could you not hand out death wishes? Because wow. And not in a good way.
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
--Sky Kid Tai--

Unlike a lot of people who get bothered by being bashed for voting for Obama, I don't care, we won and if you don't like it. Go jump in front of a train

actually, you lost because obama is president. not that you understood my first reply to you.

Distinct Lunatic

Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
--Sky Kid Tai--

Don't forget, people are out there (Oh EM GEE! business people who's products are useful for war and thus only in demand during war) profiting from the war. The American populace that still think we're not invading other countries on our 'war on terror' banner to make it 'right' would scream at Obama if he just said "alright, all you military men and women, you're coming home!" because we hadn't gotten at everyone involved with 9/11 (which I still think was an insider job).

And not to mention, as a president he had to think about what a sudden retreat would send to the 'other side' of the war (which, is so vague one can and often does pant random people as the 'other side" wink so to not appear weak he continued till there is an assured victory (NEVER going to happen people! we're adding terror in another country, adding hate for our country. It's useless, this damn war).

On a more sinister outlook, He's making sure that american populace is cut down to a more manageable level by sending people to die in a questionable war. This means there are less servicemen positions, making it so debt from paying for those positions is slackened. More job openings in the private sector (all those privately owned and publicly owned businesses I mean) and.. well, unfortunately we still have a lot of houses around without people in them and more and more people in trailer homes and apartments.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Lady Mage Gryphon
Considering the other real option was Mitt Romney... you'll have to forgive me if I'm glad Obama was re-elected. Growth under Obama hasn't been spectacular, but it has happened. But mostly, I'm just glad to have a president that the rest of the world can look at without laughing or sneering. I live abroad, and Bush was a JOKE. I love my country, and I don't like it being anyone;s punchline. Do not get me started on international opinions of Romney. I'm not the only one happy to see the back end of him.

And, um, Raye, could you not hand out death wishes? Because wow. And not in a good way.

Sorry I was referencing something he said in another thread. I guess I should've put it in quotes huh?

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy
Raye Delvego
logan the god of candy

actually, you lost because obama is president. not that you understood my first reply to you.

I don't consider the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell," the legalization of gay marriage (which wouldn't have happened if a republican was in power) regardless of it not having direct results of the president, the ending of a 10 year war that was started by.....a republican because he wanted oil and convinced the nation to invade (dispite the geneva conventions) a country that had NOTHING to do with the attack on 9/11 because they had fake "weapons of mass destruction." I don't consider any of those things as "losing."

Sarcastic Celebrant

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Master Converter 500
Raye Delvego
Lady Mage Gryphon

Sorry I was referencing something he said in another thread. I guess I should've put it in quotes huh?

It would have made a lot more sense. I've seen the quote you're referring to since, but at the time I had no idea. Either way, it was rather shocking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff