Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

Mjjfan10
I am ashamed to live in one of those states. neutral
99% of the signatures by upper-class conservatives, no doubt.
White Supremacists.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Texas petition only has 15000 signatures, even after news of the petition was broadcast on the news and discussed on forums for several days...

It is unlikely this is a popular movement.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
All these disgruntled people who wanna leave America, they could always purchase an island somewhere and secede in an exodus and move there and make their own government. See how easy it is politically and economically.

Newbie Poster

5,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
So my brother just commented on the link I posted to Facebook. Apparently he is on board and wants to sign.

He makes more money than me, didn't go to college, supports a family of 5, has a great house, 2 cars, smart phone, Bluetooth, etc. Basically testament that hard work and determination will get you somewhere in this country, and yet he wants to sign a petition to get out.

crying whyyyyyyy

Dapper Genius

Didn't Texas try to secede last time Obama was elected too?

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Makes me giggle, to see a state that always says "YAY 'MURICA" to try and leave the US. xD

Eloquent Fatcat

This is why I love Texas. heart
I'm never moving out of here.

But anyway, my friends and I joke about seceding all the time. We're not completely serious, but we all dislike Obama and his policies and are very concerned for our future. The fact that Texas has managed to stay so stable shows a lot about conservative fiscal responsibility. Ha, and the fact that most people here shout "lol butthurt rednecks" or "white supremacists" shows just how uninformed people are. They remind me of the people that claim everyone who votes against Obama is racist. lololol. Butthurt? Hardly. Concerned and worried about the country's future and what it means for me and my children? Certainly. Redneck? Hardly. Urban working lower-middle class female who attends college and is able to have my own brain after all the liberal professor indoctrinating I've been through? Certainly. White supremacist? Hardly. Wanting minorities like myself to rise above and see that too much welfare supporting a heavy percentage of the population will be our downfall? Certainly. It's great to throw out insults to people you don't understand or disagree with. Is it the right thing to do, though? Depends on your ethics. I'm not saying we're going to go up in flames. But I am very concerned with the direction of this country.

What Jumping on the Bandwagon Can Mean

^ Get through the bias. Just something to think about. This is why conservatives are concerned about their future. We don't really have a voice anymore, even though we have very good points. Have a nice day!

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Bastets Blessing

But anyway, my friends and I joke about seceding all the time. We're not completely serious, but we all dislike Obama and his policies and are very concerned for our future. The fact that Texas has managed to stay so stable shows a lot about conservative fiscal responsibility. Ha, and the fact that most people here shout "lol butthurt rednecks" or "white supremacists" shows just how uninformed people are. They remind me of the people that claim everyone who votes against Obama is racist. lololol. Butthurt? Hardly. Concerned and worried about the country's future and what it means for me and my children? Certainly. Redneck? Hardly. Urban working lower-middle class female who attends college and is able to have my own brain after all the liberal professor indoctrinating I've been through? Certainly. White supremacist? Hardly. Wanting minorities like myself to rise above and see that too much welfare supporting a heavy percentage of the population will be our downfall? Certainly. It's great to throw out insults to people you don't understand or disagree with. Is it the right thing to do, though? Depends on your ethics. I'm not saying we're going to go up in flames. But I am very concerned with the direction of this country.

^ Get through the bias. Just something to think about. This is why conservatives are concerned about their future. We don't really have a voice anymore, even though we have very good points. Have a nice day!

I support any effort to bring manufacturing back to this country.
Sorry to hear about the cotton crop for this year. And all the trees. You guys got hit hard by the drought - again! How many years is it now? How your state manages to survive...

Newbie Poster

5,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Bastets Blessing

I'm sorry for the generalizations. I haven't made any insults, but I will still laugh at this petition. I can understand japing about wanting to leave the country, but a petition? And a petition that promises results if X amount of people sign up, that being a hilariously small amount anyway? If this is a joke, it's pretty bad. The real joke is assuming America is going to hell in a hand basket because 1 man got reelected- and then thinking 1 other man could change anything by being elected.

Devout Lunatic

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Flatterer 200
I'm surprised there are still people on this forum....
Divine_Malevolence
New York, Florida, and New Jersey have their petitions revoked.
Everyone else can GTFO

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces