Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Flatterer

8,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Alr3m1
The Texas petition reads as follows:

The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government’s neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it’s citizens’ standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.

I live in Texas and i'm pretty up-to-date with the economy here so all i have to say is gtfo this is s**t.
Texas owes a lot to the US after it saved us from Mexico's control. We would NEVER do such a thing as this.
Quit believing everything you hear online

Durem Citizen

This subject was on the news and they said the people who started this were people in white supremacist groups. People in these groups signed the petitions but also along with Romney supporters. I live in the state of New Jersey and trust me, we will not be seceded from the U.S. But for all those Romney loving Obama haters and all the people in the white supremacy groups:

[********]

Manly Lunatic

Dear lord, they will probably get in worse debt then the USA itself.

Phantom

I kinda wish it would happen, just so people can go on with their lives and stop acting like they are the smartest s.o.bs to ever walk this planet just because they have a difference in opinion neutral

Manly Lunatic

Texas and Louisiana are pretty high in signatures... wow...

Texas 14k and Louisiana 12k...

They need 25k,

Shameless Bloodsucker

Oh, these petitions... It doesn't matter how many signatures they get. A state is not going to secede just because 25,000 disgruntled citizens signed a petition. I'd be amused to know what the White House response will be.
Alr3m1
As of 12:46 am, Sunday, signatures obtained by Louisiana, 7,358; Texas, 3,771; Florida, 636; Georgia, 475; Alabama, 834; North Carolina, 792; Kentucky, 467; Mississippi, 475; Indiana, 449; North Dakota, 162; Montana, 440; Colorado, 324; Oregon, 328; New Jersey, 301 and New York, 169. Many more States are expected to follow.

And not one ******** given biggrin

Manly Lunatic

revan onasi
Oh, these petitions... It doesn't matter how many signatures they get. A state is not going to secede just because 25,000 disgruntled citizens signed a petition. I'd be amused to know what the White House response will be.

Yeah, 25k seems odd...

Texas has 25 million people... majority would be 13 million... they should need about 13 million signatures...

Newbie Poster

5,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
The sad part is these people signing the petitions are actually going to be confused and distraught.

"B-b-but we have signatures! We're being held in this country against our will! THIS ISN'T A DEMOCRACY scream !!"

Cinooj's Datemate

Gracious Darling

21,250 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Object of Affection 150
Ugh, this just makes me want to move out of Florida sooner.

I know that they will probably never be seceded but if it really did happen, wouldn't those 15 states be left defenseless and be in a lot more debt? Not to mention trade costs would go to extreme heights for them?

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Chaos Dirge
Divine_Malevolence
Steam Punk Adept
Divine_Malevolence
Steam Punk Adept
Divine_Malevolence
New York, Florida, and New Jersey have their petitions revoked.
Everyone else can GTFO. But only after Texas hands over one 'Elle ******** that!
I love living in Texas, I just hate all the ignorant, inbred, rednecked hicks that live here, and vote Republican when that party is clearly out to keep those stupid pieces of s**t in the gutter.
Okay then.
We make a deal.
You send all the rednecks to the southern half of Texas and bring all the schmott people to the northern half and the southern half can recede.
I just have to be clear that my friend 'Elle needs to be amongst the people who remain.
Better compromise, we send the rednecks to Mexico, and let them see if their s**t flies down there. Then, the rest of us stay in the US
But then the Mexicans would try to send them back.
Better compromise, we give the Spanish 'Texas', in return, they give us Spain. emotion_awesome

You obviously know very little about Spain, or else you wouldn't say such a thing.

Tainiae's Partner

Amorous Ladykiller

revan onasi
They'd probably look at it and laugh their asses off.

Dangerous Genius

Disa Uniflora
Chaos Dirge
Divine_Malevolence
Steam Punk Adept
Divine_Malevolence
Okay then.
We make a deal.
You send all the rednecks to the southern half of Texas and bring all the schmott people to the northern half and the southern half can recede.
I just have to be clear that my friend 'Elle needs to be amongst the people who remain.
Better compromise, we send the rednecks to Mexico, and let them see if their s**t flies down there. Then, the rest of us stay in the US
Better compromise, we give the Spanish 'Texas', in return, they give us Spain. emotion_awesome

You obviously know very little about Spain, or else you wouldn't say such a thing.

Thus the awesome face.

Perfect Hunter

9,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Chaos Dirge
Disa Uniflora
Chaos Dirge
Divine_Malevolence
Steam Punk Adept
Divine_Malevolence
Okay then.
We make a deal.

Thus the awesome face.

Right.

Hygienic Fatcat

You can get people to sign anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items