Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Poster

5,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
http://www.examiner.com/article/15-states-including-texas-have-filed-a-petition-to-secede-from-the-united-states-1

15 States including Texas have filed a petition to secede from the United States

As of Saturday November 10, 2012, 15 States have petitioned the Obama Administration for withdrawal from the United States of America in order to create its own government.

States following this action include: Louisiana, Texas, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York. These States have requested that the Obama Administration grant a peaceful withdrawal from the United States.

These citizen generated petitions were filed just days after the 2012 Presidential election.

Louisiana was the first State to file a petition a day after the election by a Michael E. from Slidell, Louisiana. Texas was the next State to follow by a Micah H. from Arlington, Texas.

The government allows one month from the day the petition is submitted to obtain 25,000 signatures in order for the Obama administration to consider the request.

The Texas petition reads as follows:

The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government’s neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it’s citizens’ standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.

As of 12:46 am, Sunday, signatures obtained by Louisiana, 7,358; Texas, 3,771; Florida, 636; Georgia, 475; Alabama, 834; North Carolina, 792; Kentucky, 467; Mississippi, 475; Indiana, 449; North Dakota, 162; Montana, 440; Colorado, 324; Oregon, 328; New Jersey, 301 and New York, 169. Many more States are expected to follow.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Alr3m1
As of 12:46 am, Sunday, signatures obtained by Louisiana, 7,358; Texas, 3,771; Florida, 636; Georgia, 475; Alabama, 834; North Carolina, 792; Kentucky, 467; Mississippi, 475; Indiana, 449; North Dakota, 162; Montana, 440; Colorado, 324; Oregon, 328; New Jersey, 301 and New York, 169. Many more States are expected to follow.
And these numbers also represent the number of complete ******** morons who are so butt hurt that Romney lost, that they have to cry about it and make a scene.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
New York, Florida, and New Jersey have their petitions revoked.
Everyone else can GTFO. But only after Texas hands over one 'Elle Bell'.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
I HIGHLY doubt New York the place where anything goes, would sign such a petition.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Divine_Malevolence
Everyone else can GTFO. But only after Texas hands over one 'Elle ******** that!
I love living in Texas, I just hate all the ignorant, inbred, rednecked hicks that live here, and vote Republican when that party is clearly out to keep those stupid pieces of s**t in the gutter.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Steam Punk Adept
Divine_Malevolence
Everyone else can GTFO. But only after Texas hands over one 'Elle ******** that!
I love living in Texas, I just hate all the ignorant, inbred, rednecked hicks that live here, and vote Republican when that party is clearly out to keep those stupid pieces of s**t in the gutter.
Okay then.
We make a deal.
You send all the rednecks to the southern half of Texas and bring all the schmott people to the northern half and the southern half can recede.
I just have to be clear that my friend 'Elle needs to be amongst the people who remain.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Divine_Malevolence
Steam Punk Adept
Divine_Malevolence
Okay then.
We make a deal.
You send all the rednecks to the southern half of Texas and bring all the schmott people to the northern half and the southern half can recede.
I just have to be clear that my friend 'Elle needs to be amongst the people who remain.
Better compromise, we send the rednecks to Mexico, and let them see if their s**t flies down there. Then, the rest of us stay in the US

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
God damn, someone needs to tell all of the disgruntled voters to stop whining about Obama's second term. At least he actually won it instead of going to the Supreme Court.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Steam Punk Adept
Divine_Malevolence
Steam Punk Adept
Divine_Malevolence
Okay then.
We make a deal.
Better compromise, we send the rednecks to Mexico, and let them see if their s**t flies down there. Then, the rest of us stay in the US
But then the Mexicans would try to send them back.

Dangerous Genius

User Image

Can people really be this stupid?

37,990 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fusion Master 1000
Those petitions are from individual citizens, not the state governments. And it sounds like a publicity stunt anyway: The petitions are all identical copypasted forms and half the signers that bothered to identify their states aren't from the states in question. Which would make even a petition with a qualifying number of signatures invalid.

Dangerous Genius

Divine_Malevolence
Steam Punk Adept
Divine_Malevolence
Steam Punk Adept
Divine_Malevolence
Okay then.
We make a deal.
But then the Mexicans would try to send them back.
Better compromise, we give the Spanish 'Texas', in return, they give us Spain. emotion_awesome

Extragalactic Cosmonaut

I am ashamed to live in one of those states. neutral
99% of the signatures by upper-class conservatives, no doubt.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

I...wow...okay...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out