Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Werewolf

6,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Invisibility 100
Slutty_Eddie

I liked your answer so freaking much.

From my experience there is very little headbutting at gyms. I've been a member of 3-4 different gyms and people are usually pretty respectful / helpful. I've only once seen some meathead guy get into an argument with a member of the staff.

If you're there to improve your health then you get kudos and respect from me, if you're there taking up space and sitting on a machine that I want I may just ask you to move.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
At my gym, no one goes there to socialize. No ones gonna (at least not vocally, maybe silently) judge ya, no one is even gonna speak up if you have horrible form. Just you and the weights, man. ninja

Timid Tycoon

14,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Izzy815
One of the jobs I work at is a pet store. Every other weekend we get our truck shipment and have to put it away. Most of what I do is the dog & cat food: bags weighing 30+ lbs (the bigger ones are 45+ lbs). We lug these bags around the whole 8 hour shift (there's so much that we never finish before then).

I'm pretty scrawny as far as guys go, weighing only 127 lbs at 5'5". Still, a coworker of mine laughed at me the other day and said "You can't even lift that?" when she saw me struggling with one of the 45 lb bags near the end of the night. That, coming from a she-hulk of a woman who easily weighs more than twice what I do. I don't see her trying to carry around 90 lb bags.

The reason I bring this up is because I'm afraid that gyms have the same kind of attitude. Just a bunch of large men who brag about how much they can max and laugh at the little guys who can't lift anywhere near it. Idk if the gym I used to go to was like that or not since I only went at night (which was more convenient for me). So... what are they really like?

I know some people will tell me to grow a thicker skin or to never to go a gym, but that's fine. I have weights at home I'm happy to use. biggrin

Well whatever weights you use at home, unless you have giant ones your not going to grow much stronger. You need to push yourself to the limit each and every workout with as heavy weights as you can use to continue growing stronger. But for the most part my experience at the gym is that everybody keeps to themselves, people don't bug you unless they see you doing something unsafe or doing a workout wrong, then it's just helpful hints and information. But even if there was some dickwad laughing behind your back at you about being smaller than him I'd just ignore it, their probably just a muscle head thats going nowhere in the world and spends too much time at the gym talking crap about other people to make themselves feel better about their own pointless lives.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff