Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Leg strength will really help with your running too. Want to be able to power up those hills?
LOL nobody likes chicken legs
Yes. There is nothing sexier than a man with some well developed quads, hamstrings, and calves. I actually love the soreness.

Kawaii Cub

And glutes, ladies love developed glutes.

Savage Hunter

Well if you run every day, training your legs might go a little into the realm of overtraining as they already get a fair share of work from your running but that depends on your ability to recover and how intense the running is.
Maybe you can try doing something like squats but except with 1 or 2 sets rather than the usual 3 or 4 sets and only once a week.

But yeah, DO THEM.
Wolfdude87
Legs are essential. Squatting releases more testosterone than any other lift. As such, squatting will cause all of your other lifts to increase. I always do leg day at the beginning of the week because it helps increase my gains throughout.

5 star post

Conservative Codger

This will be you:

User Image

Fashionable Phantom

The front part of your upper leg (forget the name of muscle group) basically never gets used. If you want to tone it, you gotta work that s**t out.

Prophet

I'm not an expert on weight training by any stretch of the imagination.

But I can tell you that it makes sense to cultivate the entire body instead of simply one muscle group, unless you are already disproportionate.

If you have two tons of muscle, you want to be able to carry it while walking...
Legs are my favorite day! Sure I can't walk the next day (or two) but that's the glory. And besides, who doesn't want some wicked ripped legs? (Or a nice butt for that matter)

Familiar Shade

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Squats and Lunges are the best! If you're not feeling the pain you're not training hard enough. End result looks and feels great.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff