Welcome to Gaia! ::

biceptron
xsunriseangelx
Hi everyone!

I'm curious to learn what kind of warming up you guys do. I especially want to know what kinds of things you do for shoulders. Hmm and for the sake of discussion-- what else do you do to prevent injury?

oh and another thing, your rotator cuff isint really a strong muscles. i think it has mostly ligaments and stuff so dont go too heavy on them. just do light weight high reps. many ppl ignore this and they just strictly train shoulders and stuff. training ur rotator cuffs really helps u with gaining strength!

ohh cool that make sense :]

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
xsunriseangelx
biceptron
xsunriseangelx
Hi everyone!

I'm curious to learn what kind of warming up you guys do. I especially want to know what kinds of things you do for shoulders. Hmm and for the sake of discussion-- what else do you do to prevent injury?

oh and another thing, your rotator cuff isint really a strong muscles. i think it has mostly ligaments and stuff so dont go too heavy on them. just do light weight high reps. many ppl ignore this and they just strictly train shoulders and stuff. training ur rotator cuffs really helps u with gaining strength!

im glad i could help u a little bit hahaha. i love weight lifting and exercise. actually my major is sports management and my goal is to run a gym and be a part time fitness model/ personal trainer. i hope i can make it

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
biceptron
MaxKon
xsunriseangelx
MaxKon
I like to do some quick dynamic movements for the area to be worked.

A lot of my friends jog to warm up. But I feel like what you do is more effective. Thanks for the response by the way :p
Yes, jogging is somewhat useless, it will get your heart rate up, but it will only get blood flowing to your legs, nothing for your arms.
Also no static stretches to warm up surprised

it warms up your whole body lolol. not just ur legs.
No... only the muscles used.

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
MaxKon
biceptron
MaxKon
xsunriseangelx
MaxKon
I like to do some quick dynamic movements for the area to be worked.

A lot of my friends jog to warm up. But I feel like what you do is more effective. Thanks for the response by the way :p
Yes, jogging is somewhat useless, it will get your heart rate up, but it will only get blood flowing to your legs, nothing for your arms.
Also no static stretches to warm up surprised

it warms up your whole body lolol. not just ur legs.
No... only the muscles used.

lol whatever do whatever u want
biceptron
xsunriseangelx
biceptron
xsunriseangelx
Hi everyone!

im glad i could help u a little bit hahaha. i love weight lifting and exercise. actually my major is sports management and my goal is to run a gym and be a part time fitness model/ personal trainer. i hope i can make it

Oh cool :]
Right now I'm an exercise biology major and I'm planning on doubling in nutrition. I wana be a physical therapist and I'm just interested in health in general xD

Dude good luck with your goals it sounds awesome!

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
xsunriseangelx
biceptron
xsunriseangelx
biceptron
xsunriseangelx
Hi everyone!

Oh cool :]
Right now I'm an exercise biology major and I'm planning on doubling in nutrition. I wana be a physical therapist and I'm just interested in health in general xD

Dude good luck with your goals it sounds awesome!

nice i want to go to uf for grad school and study some kind of kinesiology major or nutrition hahaha.

thanks tho

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
biceptron
xsunriseangelx
Hi everyone!

It's almost all muscle: http://morphopedics.wdfiles.com/local--files/rotator-cuff-tears/shoulder%20anatomy.jpg
They are somewhat large and can become very strong, which is what you want if you want to prevent injury. But if you are using some sort of unstable weight then they will get somewhat worked when you do shoulders.

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
MaxKon
biceptron
xsunriseangelx
Hi everyone!

It's almost all muscle: http://morphopedics.wdfiles.com/local--files/rotator-cuff-tears/shoulder anatomy.jpg
They are somewhat large and can become very strong, which is what you want if you want to prevent injury. But if you are using some sort of unstable weight then they will get somewhat worked when you do shoulders.

yeah i meant like you shouldnt go heavy on them. they are pretty delicate. they are used to preven shoulder injuries and stuff.

Thanks for telling me about the anatomy of the rotator cuff though. i didnt know that hahaha!

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
biceptron
MaxKon
biceptron
xsunriseangelx
Hi everyone!

It's almost all muscle: http://morphopedics.wdfiles.com/local--files/rotator-cuff-tears/shoulder anatomy.jpg

yeah i meant like you shouldnt go heavy on them. they are pretty delicate. they are used to preven shoulder injuries and stuff.

Thanks for telling me about the anatomy of the rotator cuff though. i didnt know that hahaha!
I think many injuries happen because people do not go heavy enough with their rotator cuff work, so when they do heavy shoulder work their rotator cuff is not strong enough

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
MaxKon
biceptron
MaxKon
biceptron
xsunriseangelx
Hi everyone!

I think many injuries happen because people do not go heavy enough with their rotator cuff work, so when they do heavy shoulder work their rotator cuff is not strong enough

nah thats not true. ive actually never heard of that. maybe u r right tho. I never learned to go heavy on them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff