Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Smoker

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I'm trying to get my upper body strength up, I know the basics like Push ups, Pull ups, Lifting weights and what not, but I need more than that. I would like to have enough muscle and strength for it to be visible, as right now I just look like skin and bones.

I didn't really care before-hand about muscle. I was just happy at least being at a solid weight, and not being overweight. Now however, I realize getting muscle and improving my health through exercise and better diet in general can benefit me well anyways. (Also, apparently the ladies seem to like it wink )

I guess the question is here, how can I get a workout regimen for both my upper body strength, and my core for now (I might focus on other parts later on) Things I can do so my arms are toned within at least some months or so, as well as my abdominal area. As far as diet goes, I have adapted the Pescetarian diet already some months ago due to personal health reasons (Which if you didn't know, cuts out all meats such as Pork,Beef,and Chicken and leaves in Fish and other seafood in general as far as protein goes) As far as dairy, I drink soy milk instead. And I try to make sure to get at least 8 cups of water a day, so any exercise AND diet tips will be much appreciated mrgreen

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Eat, A LOT.
Ditch the push ups.
Do you want muscle strength or muscle definition. Their very different.
Why arnt you going to work out your legs. Do you want to look good for the ladys then when you show your legs you have little chicken legs?
Do you know how to bulk? Do you mind gaining a little fat? Because your probably going to.

Friendly Smoker

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Captn Pikachu
Eat, A LOT.
Ditch the push ups.
Why arnt you going to work out your legs. Do you want to look good for the ladys then when you show your legs you have little chicken legs?
Do you know how to bulk? Do you mind gaining a little fat? Because your probably going to.
Both strength and definition, and legs arent a big deal for me at the moment but once I'm done with what I plan on working on now, I'll go to my legs surely. I thought about gaining fat and I don't like that idea but as long as I improve my strength and I'm healthy. But why ditch the pushups?

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mister Punky
Captn Pikachu
Eat, A LOT.
Ditch the push ups.
Both strength and definition, and legs arent a big deal for me at the moment but once I'm done with what I plan on working on now, I'll go to my legs surely. I thought about gaining fat and I don't like that idea but as long as I improve my strength and I'm healthy. But why ditch the pushups?
Push ups are pointless, just bench. You can do 50 push ups but its hardly doing anything
Also you NEED to work out your legs. Dont hold it off. You make better gains when your working out your whole body and not just upper body. When i goto the gym its sickening seeing people only working out upper body and not legs. I've seen maybe 5 people who work out their legs and upper body and they look 50 times better then the people who dont touch there legs.
Also you need to figure out your TDEE, I recommend Bulking right now. Its hard to not gain fat while bulking but that is the best way to build size.
And please for the love of God work out your legs.
I eat 4k Calories a day. Im currently bulking.
You need to eat a lot to gain muscle

Friendly Smoker

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Captn Pikachu
Mister Punky
Captn Pikachu
Eat, A LOT.
Ditch the push ups.
Push ups are pointless, just bench. You can do 50 push ups but its hardly doing anything
Also you NEED to work out your legs. Dont hold it off. You make better gains when your working out your whole body and not just upper body. When i goto the gym its sickening seeing people only working out upper body and not legs. I've seen maybe 5 people who work out their legs and upper body and they look 50 times better then the people who dont touch there legs.
Also you need to figure out your TDEE, I recommend Bulking right now. Its hard to not gain fat while bulking but that is the best way to build size.
True that, I'll take your advice. I'm just not so happy about the whole gaining weight thing as I mentioned before sweatdrop but I'll find a way around it I guess

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mister Punky
Captn Pikachu
Mister Punky
Captn Pikachu
Eat, A LOT.
Ditch the push ups.
True that, I'll take your advice. I'm just not so happy about the whole gaining weight thing as I mentioned before sweatdrop but I'll find a way around it I guess
I use to be fat a weighted 250 pounds. I cut weight down to 165. Ive been bulking and im at 200. You may be gaining weight but your more then just fat You have the muscles to go with it
Dang....your diet restrictions make that one a tough situation. You need to get a solid weight routine and eat more. And don't neglect the legs. ;P There's nothing sexier than a guy with some well developed quads and hamstrings.

It's going to take more than a few months though. There are some good plans on bodybuilding.com for beginners and a lot of videos for all of the exercises if your not sure how to do them. Make sure to improve by increasing weight or reps with each workout and eat more. Most of my diet is made up of meat so I don't have much advice on the protein area... You could get a good quality whey isolate for some of your protein.

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Don't ditch the pushups, they are a great functional exercise. Compared to the bench you get a much greater range of motion and you also work a lot more stabilizers especially in the core, not just your chest. It seems that CP is a bodybuidler, who is therefore more interested in aesthetics than athletic performance and health. Plus you can always add in different factors that can make pushups more and more difficult.

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
If you can do more than 8-10 pushups, ditch them and bench.

Ghostly Loiterer

"Toning" your muscles is a bit of an incorrect term. You can get more definition in your muscles if you strenghten them, but in order to "tone" them, as in make them visually ripped, it relies on the fat covering your muscles. You can be strong but have no visible definition because of body fat percentage. If you want to look "toned", you'll have to lose fat.

Sorry if this isn't a complete answer to your question. Admittedly, I skimmed through your post a bit.

Savage Hunter

Saygen40
"Toning" your muscles is a bit of an incorrect term. You can get more definition in your muscles if you strenghten them, but in order to "tone" them, as in make them visually ripped, it relies on the fat covering your muscles. You can be strong but have no visible definition because of body fat percentage. If you want to look "toned", you'll have to lose fat.

Sorry if this isn't a complete answer to your question. Admittedly, I skimmed through your post a bit.

Mega Cutie-Pie

Captn Pikachu
Mister Punky
Captn Pikachu
Eat, A LOT.
Ditch the push ups.

This^^ you gotta work out legs if you wanna get big

lol btw props if the 4000 calories you're eating are clean. Id have to dirty it up with mcdonalds to get to 4000 lol

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
--xPANDAbles--
Captn Pikachu
Mister Punky
Captn Pikachu
Eat, A LOT.
Ditch the push ups.

This^^ you gotta work out legs if you wanna get big

lol btw props if the 4000 calories you're eating are clean. Id have to dirty it up with mcdonalds to get to 4000 lol
Its easy to eat 4k clean because i work out in the AM goto work Smoke weed then i get hell munchies and go to town on chicken fish bread and fruits. Luckily i have a massive trust fund to be able to do this

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Get a pull up bar.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items