Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is it true that testosterone pills can help increase your weight lifting potential and give you a boost in gaining muscle? What are the side effects of taking testosterone? And is there anyway to take them without enduring too much of the side effects? Is there anyone here that has taken them?

Shadowy Prophet

Whoa buddy. Unless you have problems with your pituitary gland and have lower-than-normal levels of testosterone in your system, this is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea.

Some side effects:
Endocrine and urogenital: Gynecomastia and excessive frequency and duration of penile erections. Oligospermia may occur at high dosages.

Skin and appendages: Hirsutism, male pattern of baldness, seborrhea, and acne.

Fluid and electrolyte disturbances: Retention of sodium, chloride, water, potassium, calcium, and inorganic phosphates.

Gastrointestinal: Nausea, cholestatic jaundice, alterations in liver function tests, rarely hepatocellular neoplasms and peliosis hepatis.

Hematologic: Suppression of clotting factors II, V, VII, and X, bleeding in patients on concomitant anticoagulant therapy, and polycythemia.

Nervous system: Increased or decreased libido, headache, anxiety, depression, and generalized paresthesia.

Allergic: Hypersensitivity, including skin manifestations and anaphylactoid reactions.

Miscellaneous: Inflammation and pain at the site of intramuscular injection.

If you take care of your body and give it the fuel it needs, it'll take care of itself.
Okay thanks I was just curious. Is there any supplements that you reccommend? Or do you just do it all naturally?

Shadowy Prophet

I eat as clean as I can and lift heavy. I eat a diet high in protein to give my muscles everything they need to rebuild after I tear them down. As far as supplements, all I take is whey protein and casein protein to get easy protein in my diet.

Shadowy Prophet

Here's a good article about a weightlifter's diet:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_simple_diet

It's been awhile since I've read it, but I don't remember anything I don't agree with. Couple that with an intense weightlifting regimen and you're good to go.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Before I make any recommendations I need to know the following things, age, height, weight, max weight for bench press, squats, deadlifts.
21, 6'1, 236lbs, 250 max bench press, i haven't squatted in a while, deadlift is 200lbs.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Shazumaki
21, 6'1, 236lbs, 250 max bench press, i haven't squatted in a while, deadlift is 200lbs.

As far as products go you're still a bit on the young side for anything that is going to boost your hormone levels. I occasionally cycle a couple different products by Animal but you really should wait a few more years. I started using them earlier this year at 24 and it's recommended that you even wait until 25 or so. But, there's nothing wrong with good ol' creatine monohydrate, a solid preworkout drink, and even a post workout amino acid powder to mix in with your protein. I'd also say that the more serious supplements are probably unnecessary at your current strength levels.

Also, if I may be so bold. Unless you don't squat due to a past injury or something, you should squat, it's the king of workouts. It'll get your deadlift up too.
Wolfdude87
Shazumaki

As far as products go you're still a bit on the young side for anything that is going to boost your hormone levels. I occasionally cycle a couple different products by Animal but you really should wait a few more years. I started using them earlier this year at 24 and it's recommended that you even wait until 25 or so. But, there's nothing wrong with good ol' creatine monohydrate, a solid preworkout drink, and even a post workout amino acid powder to mix in with your protein. I'd also say that the more serious supplements are probably unnecessary at your current strength levels.

Also, if I may be so bold. Unless you don't squat due to a past injury or something, you should squat, it's the king of workouts. It'll get your deadlift up too.

I don't squat really because I am afraid of hurting my back and I don't really have a spotter sometimes but I usually do the leg press but whenever I can I try to squat on my own but never really go pass 180.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Shazumaki
Wolfdude87
Shazumaki

I don't squat really because I am afraid of hurting my back and I don't really have a spotter sometimes but I usually do the leg press but whenever I can I try to squat on my own but never really go pass 180.

Squatting is one of my favorite lifts, but form is key. If you want to get into it, squat light and ask some of the more experienced lifters in your gym for advice until you get the form down. Last time I hit the rack my spotter, a complete stranger, complemented me on my form. Instant gym bro. But if you don't want to do it, I understand. It has an undeservedly bad reputation. Just make sure you round out your leg presses with something to hammer your hamstrings and glutes. I'm trying to hit the 1000lb club myself, and I'm oh so close, so I'll keep it up for the foreseeable future.
No. Worst case scenario you'll be like that test. cancer guy from Fight Club.
Wolfdude87
Shazumaki
Wolfdude87
Shazumaki

Squatting is one of my favorite lifts, but form is key. If you want to get into it, squat light and ask some of the more experienced lifters in your gym for advice until you get the form down. Last time I hit the rack my spotter, a complete stranger, complemented me on my form. Instant gym bro. But if you don't want to do it, I understand. It has an undeservedly bad reputation. Just make sure you round out your leg presses with something to hammer your hamstrings and glutes. I'm trying to hit the 1000lb club myself, and I'm oh so close, so I'll keep it up for the foreseeable future.

That's badass you just gave me even more motivation!!!

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Shazumaki
Wolfdude87
Shazumaki
Wolfdude87
Shazumaki

That's badass you just gave me even more motivation!!!

Haha, glad I could help. Good luck!

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Bro, don't take steroids. If you just lift heavy, eat right, and give it your all in the gym, you will be fine.

Ursine Comrade

Only people who compete have any business doing steroids, as that's pretty much the only case where the benefits are worth the drawbacks. Are you really thinking about going pro in bodybuilding/powerlifting/strongman? If so, do you have the raw genetic potential for that? Ronnie Coleman was already quite ripped at an age when most guys barely started to get their growth spurts.

User Image

Also, if you must take them, oral isn't the best way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff