Welcome to Gaia! ::

I seriously screwed up my back a few months ago so I had to stay away from lunges and squats. Thankfully now I am able to do them but still cautious (don't want to go through that again!) but I only go about halfway down.

Fanatical Zealot

Parallel is best because if you bend all the way down you can severely mess up your knees.

I always either did slightly above or below parallel, but slowly below I would use less weight, be more careful, since it's easier to slip.

Having a box you can rest on for parallel is best, since you don't have to worry about getting hurt or whatevsz.

But don't rest on the box, or else it will put too much pressure on your back, you want to not let it support any of your weight.
If you actually want to practice form and control below parallel is key. But ATG is ridiculous. It can cause injuries and if you are serious about lifting you should learn to utilize your quads, glutes, and hamstrings. And in my opinion ATG depth doesn't do this properly.
ATG.

Everyone discussing how "ATG can cause injury", that's only the case with improper form. If you're bent all the way over, obviously you're going to hurt something. You don't have to go atg to do that.
Canada Blows
ATG.

Everyone discussing how "ATG can cause injury", that's only the case with improper form. If you're bent all the way over, obviously you're going to hurt something. You don't have to go atg to do that.

I completely agree with you.

I do ATG all the time and never hurt myself because I was taught the proper form. 95% of the people I see squatting in the gyms have improper form, that maybe why people think ATG is dangerous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff