Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
You guys like ATG or parallel? i kinda go just a couple inches below parallel. i was wondering which is better. i was gonna go research but im too lazy. maybe someone here knows. does it work more muscles or something? i feel like atg kinda hits your inner leg more than parallels. maybe it helps with explosiveness or soemthing? someone help me out!!!
Go as low as you can. The lowest you go, the better the squat.

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
ATG for dat a**.
Parallels for thighs.

I would say both are great depending on the purpose of your training.
Sweet Murderer
ATG for dat a**.
Parallels for thighs.

No. The lowest you can go. Otherwise you're not getting the best workout.
Sweet Murderer
ATG for dat a**.
Parallels for thighs.

what does atg mean?
'at the ground' implying going deep as possible? o.o

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
Ujiyasu
Sweet Murderer
ATG for dat a**.
Parallels for thighs.

what does atg mean?

ATG means a** to grass - and yes, it means as low as you can go. Ideally you should be only like, 10cm from the ground - but most people can't do this and just do half-assed attempts at it.
Sweet Murderer
Ujiyasu
Sweet Murderer
ATG for dat a**.
Parallels for thighs.

what does atg mean?

ATG means a** to grass - and yes, it means as low as you can go. Ideally you should be only like, 10cm from the ground - but most people can't do this and just do half-assed attempts at it.
oooh!~ good to know

emotion_awesome
You have my vote for ATG. You'll hit everything. Do deadlifts too. wink
In the gym I go to we don't even consider parallel a squat. Below or bust, imo.
Survivor Guilt
In the gym I go to we don't even consider parallel a squat. Below or bust, imo.

Not only does this give you the best work out, it's the best for your knees.
If you're doing squats with any weight you should stick to parallel or else you might get hurt. Any of the short term benefits that the other people who've posted might've noticed aren't worth the potential injury that you'll get.
Do what you need to do, just don't get hurt!
xsunriseangelx
If you're doing squats with any weight you should stick to parallel or else you might get hurt. Any of the short term benefits that the other people who've posted might've noticed aren't worth the potential injury that you'll get.

this actually isn't true. Below parallel is how you prevent injury.
The Sky Does Not Bow
xsunriseangelx

Alright, enlighten me.
xsunriseangelx
The Sky Does Not Bow
xsunriseangelx

Alright, enlighten me.

Anything above at least parallel is all for s**t, and parallel itself just puts the sheer weight of everything on your legs. Anyone who knows the human body will tell you, below parallel is the safest especially for your knees due to the transference of the load to the rest of your body.
The Sky Does Not Bow
xsunriseangelx
The Sky Does Not Bow
xsunriseangelx

Alright, enlighten me.

Anything above at least parallel is all for s**t, and parallel itself just puts the sheer weight of everything on your legs. Anyone who knows the human body will tell you, below parallel is the safest especially for your knees due to the transference of the load to the rest of your body.

Hmm so it seems like if you know what you're doing then it is better to go below parallel. But I think it's easier to mess up your form or get hurt from having bad form if you go below parallel. Obviously the ideal would be below parallel with good form though haha.
Thanks for the link by the way :]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces