Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright so I've been working out to get bigger. I bench press, shoulder press, and do preacher curls. These alone help me get my arms bigger. The problem is, they only get bigger from the bottom or the top... so basically I have more length than width on my arms. My question is, how do I exercise my arms to get wider and not just taller? Like from the sides... if you get me?

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
The specific shape of your muscles depends on your genetics. There is no method to get your muscles to be shaped one way or the other.

However, I suspect that this is just the way your muscles grow - first taller, then wider. Keep doing what you're doing, and I bet they'll get wider over time.

Quotable Hunter

2,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Well for size I recommend working out triceps because they make up most of your arm. About 70%. So do skull crushers or triceps extensions. Good workouts for the triceps

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
Angelicri
Alright so I've been working out to get bigger. I bench press, shoulder press, and do preacher curls. These alone help me get my arms bigger. The problem is, they only get bigger from the bottom or the top... so basically I have more length than width on my arms. My question is, how do I exercise my arms to get wider and not just taller? Like from the sides... if you get me?

http://www.highfive.me.uk/Resources/Anatomy/UpperArm/All.JPG

thats an anatomy of the arm.

try to target every part of the arm.honestly though, u should just do compound movements. they will get u big overall. finish off with isolation exercises like curls. and when u do curls, hit both sides of the biceps with straight curls and hammer curls. there are many other curls though, im just giving u some examples. also, triceps are like 60% of ur arm or something like that. and another thing is, many bodybuilders do like 8-12 reps. i dont know if this is scientifically proven but try doing exercises at that rep range. also eat healthy. eat enough calories and you will get bigger. and make sure u rest!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games