Welcome to Gaia! ::

Any pressure to feel attractive or to put on makeup or suchlike is just annoying and unneeded.
I 100% do not feel any need to "look good" at the gym (then again, I don't wear makeup normally).

My purpose in going to the gym is to get stronger, not to get hit on by guys.

I'm the captain of my dragon boat team, so there's my motivation to work out - I can't make my team stronger if I don't work hard myself! Plus weightlifting is just rewarding on its own. I remember when I couldn't do a single pullup, and now I can do more than several guys (nothing super impressive, I'm at 9, but am working to improve!). My current goal is to deadlift twice my body weight!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Marshie Mule
Any pressure to feel attractive or to put on makeup or suchlike is just annoying and unneeded.
I 100% do not feel any need to "look good" at the gym (then again, I don't wear makeup normally).

My purpose in going to the gym is to get stronger, not to get hit on by guys.

I'm the captain of my dragon boat team, so there's my motivation to work out - I can't make my team stronger if I don't work hard myself! Plus weightlifting is just rewarding on its own. I remember when I couldn't do a single pullup, and now I can do more than several guys (nothing super impressive, I'm at 9, but am working to improve!). My current goal is to deadlift twice my body weight!

^^ This, 100%. Well said. I go to the gym to get stronger and healthier. I am not there to attract people. I am there to lift and tone. I agree that weight lifting is its own reward too biggrin

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Roger Waters
Time to update me thinks.. smile )

Had some photos taken about a month ago, and they were featured in an article regarding gym comfort.

User Image

Also upgraded to a new gym locale, an athletic club with tons of more weight and room! Lifts have gone up, but I've just documented pretty much everything on my tumblr.

Nice to see you back! Congrats on being featured in the article - that is awesome! Hope your lifitng is going well. Still working on those pistol squats? XD

I am super happy - I hit a 265 lb deadlift on Sunday. Made me so happy smile

6,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
These were my results from 11 months of weightlifting...

Before:
5'10
165 pounds
15 years old

User Image

After:
5'11
227 pounds
16 years old

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit