Welcome to Gaia! ::

Please list your favorite proteins supplements.

I'm looking for something good taste wise. Right now I like Oh Yeah! Bars (because there more crunchy than horribly chewy and offer a decent amount of protein at 28 grams) and Body Fortress Peanut Butter Chocolate powder which I mix with milk. (which offers 54 grams per two scoops)

Has anyone tried the egg protein? It's lactase free, I thought it would be interesting to try...

Ursine Comrade

I've been thinking about egg protein too, but I still gotta finish up my buckets of casein and whey first... gonk

For both casein and whey, I love Optimum Nutrition's selections, great flavour and they mix really well.

Used to eat bars but nowadays they give me really bad bloat so now I try to make up for that with bigger meals after lifting.
Milk, egg whites, and chicken breast (grilled or poached/boiled)
Fryderyk Chopin
I've been thinking about egg protein too, but I still gotta finish up my buckets of casein and whey first... gonk

For both casein and whey, I love Optimum Nutrition's selections, great flavour and they mix really well.

Used to eat bars but nowadays they give me really bad bloat so now I try to make up for that with bigger meals after lifting.

I'll have to try this optimum nutrition! Who sells it?
Crud3
Milk, egg whites, and chicken breast (grilled or poached/boiled)

I don't eat a lot of food, so I have to get protein in supplements. surprised

Ursine Comrade

Hey Hey Beautiful
Fryderyk Chopin

I'll have to try this optimum nutrition! Who sells it?

It's a pretty big brand, so most chains will carry their goods. Don't get the creatine or serious mass products they offer though, you can make your own with their proteins for far cheaper.

You can order them online too, but the places here seem cheaper than their official website even before shipping so depending on where you live, I wouldn't recommend ordering online.

Kawaii Cub

Vitamin Shoppe is close by my house, so I use their brand, it's cheaper, and really, I'm just after the protein, and not so much about their other propriety recipes.

I think they're all the same to me
only difference is the taste biggrin
Hey Hey Beautiful

I'm looking for something good taste wise. Right now I like Oh Yeah! Bars (because there more crunchy than horribly chewy and offer a decent amount of protein at 28 grams) and Body Fortress Peanut Butter Chocolate powder which I mix with milk. (which offers 54 grams per two scoops)

Has anyone tried the egg protein? It's lactase free, I thought it would be interesting to try...

Don't use the body fortress. Your body can only absorb 30% of the protein in it. I'd recommend Muscle Milk. It tastes a whole lot better and your body can absorb roughly 85% of it as opposed to 30%.

Precious Darling

9,150 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Protein bars - Supreme brand (pretty much any flavour is yummy) and VPX Zero Impact bars (although those are a love or hate kind of bar, they are my favourite but a lot of people think they're way too dry)

To drink - Whey protein I use most often is BioX Xtreme Power Whey Complex (in chocolate or vanilla, although a lot of people like the banana cream, I just haven't tried that one) or Optimum Nutrition (most flavours are pretty good). After workout I use Isolate from 4ever Fit Fruit Blast (love that it's not thick and tastes like fruit punch)
I sometimes use a hemp protein powder to mix into drinks. It doesn't taste as bad as most protein powders, and if you use it in moderation throughout the day, you can't taste it at all. It also has many amino acids and other nutrients mixed in.

Charged Prophet

go to a gnc

Distinct Browser

I think they are a waste of money because I can make my own protein mix much cheaper.
before you get grossed out, I don't eat these at the same time. geez,
basically tuna, peanut butter, and milk.
delicious, multi-nutritious, cheap, and chock-full o' protein.
Akriltoh
Hey Hey Beautiful

Don't use the body fortress. Your body can only absorb 30% of the protein in it. I'd recommend Muscle Milk. It tastes a whole lot better and your body can absorb roughly 85% of it as opposed to 30%.

Why can it only absorb 30%? Thank you so much for sharing this! Where did you get that information at? My best friend/ work out buddy wants to know...so do I!
Hey Hey Beautiful
Akriltoh
Hey Hey Beautiful

Why can it only absorb 30%? Thank you so much for sharing this! Where did you get that information at? My best friend/ work out buddy wants to know...so do I!

The guys at GNC told me and explained about how it's all processed and such.

Friendly Seeker

I go with Optimum Nutrition as well. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas