Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pyris's Wife

Beloved Conversationalist

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Hey fellow Gaians,

Alright, so I'm doing the Daily Workout on apps on my phone, trying to get into doing it three times a week. My arms use to be pretty muscular and upper strength training wasn't so hard. But getting back into the swing of it, finding I'm not as strong in one arm when doing the Plank exercise (where you hold yourself up by one arm). The arm I write with I can last a bit longer, and face-down plank is no issue.

Anyone have any thoughts or do I just need to build one day at a time? Or are there other things I can do ''in between sessions'' to get this one arm built to stand on its own without feeling it's going to cave at any second?

Thanks! heart

Quotable Hunter

2,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Well the side planks are supposed to workout your obliques and usually the arms are the last thing to give out...
Try working out your shoulders and pecs. When I do side planks I feel the shoulders and pecs used the most. So push ups(pecs), and shoulder presses(shoulders) should workout the muscles necessary to hold the plank.

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
Crinis
Hey fellow Gaians,

Alright, so I'm doing the Daily Workout on apps on my phone, trying to get into doing it three times a week. My arms use to be pretty muscular and upper strength training wasn't so hard. But getting back into the swing of it, finding I'm not as strong in one arm when doing the Plank exercise (where you hold yourself up by one arm). The arm I write with I can last a bit longer, and face-down plank is no issue.

Anyone have any thoughts or do I just need to build one day at a time? Or are there other things I can do ''in between sessions'' to get this one arm built to stand on its own without feeling it's going to cave at any second?

Thanks! heart

its natural to have a dominant arm. just keep working your whole body out. dont try to target just one muscle.

that leads to muscle inbalance. like some people just do arms and stuff like that. its way better if u work out the whole body throughout the week. just try to do as much as u can. but whatever u do dont do more on ur stronger arm. like if u can do 2 minutes on one arm and 1 minute 30 seconds on the other do 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
Crinis
Hey fellow Gaians,

Thanks! heart

i hope i made sense. oh and by the way planks are for your core. not really arms. but i guess it works ur arms kind of.

Quotable Hunter

2,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
biceptron
Crinis
Hey fellow Gaians,

Thanks! heart

i hope i made sense. oh and by the way planks are for your core. not really arms. but i guess it works ur arms kind of.

Yeah, if you're not used to your own body weight sweatdrop

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
DtCouAce
biceptron
Crinis
Hey fellow Gaians,

Thanks! heart

Yes, you've both been really informative! I shall try to keep it balanced and break it down where I need to. I'm going into my second week now, and hoping that within a few, I will start to notice a tolerance on each. But perhaps going back and forth between the arms in the same amount of time is something that I would do well to remember!

I appreciate you both for your time! Cheers!
heart

Quotable Hunter

2,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Crinis
DtCouAce
biceptron
Crinis
Hey fellow Gaians,

Thanks! heart

Yes, you've both been really informative! I shall try to keep it balanced and break it down where I need to. I'm going into my second week now, and hoping that within a few, I will start to notice a tolerance on each. But perhaps going back and forth between the arms in the same amount of time is something that I would do well to remember!

I appreciate you both for your time! Cheers!
heart

No problem. Good Luck!

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
No problem. Good Luck!

Heh, thanks! I really appreciate it! Trying to stay motivated as much as possible. After three months of a hurt back, followed by a pulled leg muscle and then asthma kicking in, I've been quite tired of being so inactive. Time to kick this into GEAR!!!!
wahmbulance

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
Crinis
No problem. Good Luck!

Heh, thanks! I really appreciate it! Trying to stay motivated as much as possible. After three months of a hurt back, followed by a pulled leg muscle and then asthma kicking in, I've been quite tired of being so inactive. Time to kick this into GEAR!!!!
wahmbulance

do u go to a gym? if u do, you could follow this plan:

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

rest

rest.

alot of people do splits like these. im pretty used to weight lifting so my routine is like this

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

repeat

i rest like 3 to 4 days every month to recover my central nervous system.
im not a scientist or anything so take my info as like a small advice. plus im still a noob i guess cuz ive only been lifting weights for 10 months. i hope this kind of helped u though. some people do full body workouts a few times a week but i like split routines.

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
biceptron
Crinis
No problem. Good Luck!

wahmbulance

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

rest

rest.

alot of people do splits like these. im pretty used to weight lifting so my routine is like this

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

repeat

im not a scientist or anything so take my info as like a small advice. plus im still a noob i guess cuz ive only been lifting weights for 10 months. i hope this kind of helped u though. some people do full body workouts a few times a week but i like split routines.

oh and when i said 3 to 4 days i mean consecutive days. i do absolutely nothing but stretching and stuff. i usually rest one or two times a week with my routine but my rest usually consists of light cardio like running outside.

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
biceptron
biceptron
Crinis
No problem. Good Luck!

wahmbulance

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

rest

rest.

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

repeat

oh and when i said 3 to 4 days i mean consecutive days. i do absolutely nothing but stretching and stuff. i usually rest one or two times a week with my routine but my rest usually consists of light cardio like running outside.

I use to, but as it got too expensive and needing to save on gas these days, I just got Hulu/Netflix for videos to watch instead. I do miss it from time to time, especially my first one...then the second one closed down anyway.

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
Crinis
biceptron
biceptron
Crinis
No problem. Good Luck!

wahmbulance

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

rest

rest.

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

repeat

I use to, but as it got too expensive and needing to save on gas these days, I just got Hulu/Netflix for videos to watch instead. I do miss it from time to time, especially my first one...then the second one closed down anyway.

ah then bodyweight is your best friend biggrin

my favorite exercise is the pullup

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
biceptron
Crinis
biceptron
biceptron
Crinis
No problem. Good Luck!

wahmbulance

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

rest

rest.

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

repeat

I've also got some 3 lb weights that I can run with, try to do the ''Hip to ear'' method.

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
Crinis
biceptron
Crinis
biceptron
biceptron
Crinis
No problem. Good Luck!

wahmbulance

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

rest

rest.

chest triceps

back biceps

shoulders

rest

legs

repeat

I've also got some 3 lb weights that I can run with, try to do the ''Hip to ear'' method.

never thought of that. thats cool. good luck on your fitness goals though. i dont really have a goal lol. every time i make one i never get satisfied. i remember when i was a freshman in high school my goal was to get a six pack. then junior ear my goal was to get a little bigger. now my goal is to become like a fitness model. i bet when i reach that i will change my goal again lol.

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300

never thought of that. thats cool. good luck on your fitness goals though. i dont really have a goal lol. every time i make one i never get satisfied. i remember when i was a freshman in high school my goal was to get a six pack. then junior ear my goal was to get a little bigger. now my goal is to become like a fitness model. i bet when i reach that i will change my goal again lol.

At least you have a goal and still working on them! I've had people never sure what they wanted to do. I just wanted to keep in shape, but been noticing that some of my more favorite cloths are not fitting quite as well anymore and some of them are kind of rare. And just being healthy are my goals. And I want to step into motherhood one day showing my kids it's important to stay active.
rolleyes
How often a week do you exercise and do you have a set time or just do the opportunist route?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff