Welcome to Gaia! ::

I weigh about 110 pounds. I bench 120 and curl 25 pounds semi-comfortably. I feel like I've hit a wall because at the weight I'm currently using I don't feel much progress but anything more than that makes me feel uncomfortable. Am I really at a wall? Anyone else have an issue with hitting walls? Know any work arounds?

(I'm not on any proteins or pre-workouts.)

Newbie Noob

Shcaabs

Get on Proteins and Pre-Workouts.

Also, you only mentioned hitting a wall on bench and curls. Is that all you do?

If that's the case, also get on more lifts than those.

I suggest Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5x5.

God speed.
Shcaabs
I weigh about 110 pounds. I bench 120 and curl 25 pounds semi-comfortably. I feel like I've hit a wall because at the weight I'm currently using I don't feel much progress but anything more than that makes me feel uncomfortable. Am I really at a wall? Anyone else have an issue with hitting walls? Know any work arounds?

The primary problem here is that you are not giving your body the nutrients it needs to build muscle.

If you weigh 110 take about 110g of protein on your workout days. Take a mass gainer.

If you don't have any of that or the money too, you have to be eating whatever you can get your hands on. If you aren't hungry you have to force yourself to eat. I know it sucks but That's How it works.

For about 6 months I ate nothing but pasta, peanut butter, bananas, and I'd take about 3 mass gaining shakes a day with whole milk. I would be getting almost 5000 calories a day. I went from 141lbs to 178lbs in half a year.

Carbohydrates are the building blocks for your muscles. If anything I recommended eating more pasta and red meat. blaugh
everyone hit the nail on the head when it comes to gaining. EAT, EAT ,EAT ,EAT. also definitely take a look at starting strength by Mark Rippetoe. is what got me started in my own power-lifting journey. Another thing you shouldn't forget is sleep. if you don't enough sleep your body will never be a maximum or recover (aka gain or lose weight. depending on if you are in a caloric surplus/deficit. or in easier terms, if you are cutting or gaining.)

A protein, a pre-worker, creatine and a post and you should be all set.
i personally suggest Carnivore as a mass gainer, it has an insulin spiking agent that makes you hungry. so yeah, it will taste awful but you will be hungry allllll the time (Which you need since you are gaining. )

Mystical Misfit

10,650 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
hehe, we do the same for bench and curls. but yeah like everyone said, eat more. you may be an ectomorph in which case you can find meal plans specific for that. if that fails you could try creatine but i wouldn't mess with it until your diet is pretty on point.
Also, what are your rep ranges?
if you're just trying to get past the wall with regards to the weight you're using, you could try the 5 by 5 method. If you feel you're at a wall with gainz make sure you're doing 3-5 sets of 7-10 reps.
Also also, are you just using the same weight the entire time? if so you might want to follow a pattern more like this: Say you're doing curls. Do a warmup set with 15s, then do a set with 25s, then do a challenge set with 30s. If you cant do it, do another set with 25s. That's the way i prefer to do it.

Shadowy Hunter

7,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Shcaabs

Look up Optimum Nutrition-Mass Gainer. Get a pre-workout or protein mix with Creatine in it. Or eat nutritious foods, mix of green foods and high-protein meats.
Shcaabs

Eat big, bulk up and put on some weight. You'll look and feel like a fatty fat fat for a while but you'll gain muscle mass. Then You cut and be a sick c**t.

Clean Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
I'm impressed you curl 25lb for sets at 110lbs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff