Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wolfdude87
Planet Fitness isn't a gym. I'd say quit that s**t hole asap and get a membership at a real gym.

I have never even heard of this place, what's up with it.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
The Sky Does Not Bow
Wolfdude87
Planet Fitness isn't a gym. I'd say quit that s**t hole asap and get a membership at a real gym.

Sorry, I haven't been on Gaia in a little while. Basically, Planet Fitness is a sham for anyone serious about fitness. It has pizza mondays and they give out endless tootsie rolls. At a ******** gym. If you grunt while lifting weights (which is necessary if you're lifting heavy) or drop weights they have an alarm that goes off. An actual siren they call the "lunk alarm". If you do it more than once in a blue moon they will ban you for life. It is literally a gym that discriminates against the main clientele of a gym. In an interview on the Daily Show a representative said something along the lines of "let the people have a gym for themselves and the animals can go lift weights in a cage". Check out some of their commercials on youtube, they make members of the swole community look like morons or assholes.

Dangerous Gekko

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
Rinkuxo
I have a Planet Fitness membership and I go from time to time (usually in waves... I'll go on a regular basis for a while, then lose interest, then go back, etc.)

I know a lot of people enjoy the gym, but I honestly hate being at a gym AND I don't enjoy weightlifting. Still... gotta do it. I know I need to go regularly, always. What do you do to stay motivated?

For the record, I do other things to improve my fitness outside the gym (biking, kayaking, jogging, etc.)

honestly planet fitness is dumb
My motivation? The girls. Also love it when i put on an extra 10 kg on my benchpress. If you hate it, find some friends who like weight lifting. Oh, and for your arms, use more dumbells, benchpress, deadlift and less machines. Dumbelss and stuff are better. Also, do 4 sets of 8 reps, you produce more muscle mass that way. Don't know whatcha do atm.
Wolfdude87
The Sky Does Not Bow
Wolfdude87

Sorry, I haven't been on Gaia in a little while. Basically, Planet Fitness is a sham for anyone serious about fitness. It has pizza mondays and they give out endless tootsie rolls. At a ******** gym. If you grunt while lifting weights (which is necessary if you're lifting heavy) or drop weights they have an alarm that goes off. An actual siren they call the "lunk alarm". If you do it more than once in a blue moon they will ban you for life. It is literally a gym that discriminates against the main clientele of a gym. In an interview on the Daily Show a representative said something along the lines of "let the people have a gym for themselves and the animals can go lift weights in a cage". Check out some of their commercials on youtube, they make members of the swole community look like morons or assholes.

Haaaaaahahahaha. Oh wow.

Why is that guy such a huge douche?

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
The Sky Does Not Bow
Wolfdude87
The Sky Does Not Bow
Wolfdude87

Haaaaaahahahaha. Oh wow.

Why is that guy such a huge douche?

Well, the rep was a woman, but I'm sure the policy was written by a man, who spends every day denying that he is being crushed under the weight of his own physical inferiority. Good thing he has Pizza Monday to look forward to. Then 15 minutes on the treadmill followed by 20 push ups before he grabs a fist full of candy for his ride back home.
Haha, I'd lose my motivation if I were a member at Planet Fitness too. Their "no judgement" crap is a bunch of bs since they judge bodybuilders. And the lunk alarm? Don't even get me started on the deadlift and squat ban with most of them. Might as well put up a sign saying "No training allowed".

Kawaii Cub

I used to be a Planet Fitness member until I got stronger and had to look for a gym with heavier weights.

PF isn't bad, it's good for beginners, and cheap too.

Anywho, motivation, first is to get strong, second is health, and third would be looking sexy/getting confidence.
HE GOES TO PLANET FITNESS

User Image
My motivation is wanting to be a sexy beast.
one good way i like to stay motivated is by actually thinking to myself about the physical motion of my body. Then i read a lot of articles and forums that deal with the workout and take it from there. In the end of the day it is all mental!
Vequa
My motivation is wanting to be a sexy beast.
this is a great one razz razz
What Wolfdude87 said may not be nice, but it is true. Planet Fitness is a horrible place to get a membership. If not because they have their "Lunk Alarm" for people use proper breathing techniques, disallowing things like dead-lifting, but also for the fact they consider themselves a "Judgement free zone" while condemning a fit body-type (Being one of the most "judgmental" places I can even think of, at that) and catering specifically to out-of-shape people and stunting their progress from the very start by providing freakin' donuts and pizza: Things which are the exact opposite of what any gym would recommend you eat for a healthy lifestyle...

I honestly think Planet Fitness is a huge scam. "Congratulations on burning that 500 calories! Now have a couple slices of pizza so you can pack it back on and blow all your effort!"

Planet Fitness is not a gym. It's a scam that does not promote healthy living, but instead discourages healthy living so it can get insecure people back in and spending more money on them. When even their physical fitness trainers are fat, you know that you're not going to the right place. You want your trainers to reflect the image your clients are going for. It's not a good sign when they're fat.

Here's something from CT Fletcher though. The most motivational person ever. Fair warning: Not only is he Goku-level, but he also cusses a lot, so if you don't like foul language then don't watch it.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Rinkuxo
I have a Planet Fitness membership and I go from time to time (usually in waves... I'll go on a regular basis for a while, then lose interest, then go back, etc.)

I know a lot of people enjoy the gym, but I honestly hate being at a gym AND I don't enjoy weightlifting. Still... gotta do it. I know I need to go regularly, always. What do you do to stay motivated?

For the record, I do other things to improve my fitness outside the gym (biking, kayaking, jogging, etc.)

All I really do, is look myself in the mirror, and say "You're going. Now get your keys."

But I'm also as stubborn as a brick. When I've set a goal, I stick with it, come hell or high water. My sister, however, is not so stubborn. She's a lot more like you. Right now, the only thing keeping her going, is our gym's "100 workout challenge", which challenges people to do 100 workouts, within 6 months.
I remember how I'm not really good at anything else in life and I'm not special, and if I keep lifting weights and getting stronger, that's something that will make me special and make me stand out in peoples' minds.

It's why I lift and read every day, for people to start noticing my strength and intelligence.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff