Welcome to Gaia! ::

How would I lose it? Also i was told that the best way to lose weight was run is this true?

Amateur Businessman

Hard work, do atleast 15 minutes of cardio a day.
If not 15 do 30.
Do a correct diet, stop eating unhealthy foods.
Nothing else but hard work
very hard work

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
Running is the easiest way to get rid of your love handles.

1kg fat is about 9000kcal. Good luck.

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Running isn't a great way to lose fat. The correct diet is number 1.
If you eat well the fat just falls off.
Exercise is important, but it does not do that much for love handles, ever seen power lifters?

Magic GO

I like to do standing side crunches to work those areas. Stand feet shoulder-width apart and arms somewhat bent at your sides as though you're about to do a bicep curl. Point your toes out to the side you're going to work on. Tighten the core, then bend at the side while bending and lifting your leg to meet your elbow with your mid-thigh. Do this about 5 or 6 times, then switch sides.

Shy Genius

2,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
Diet is number one.
In truth, if you eat 12xbodyweight in calories you will lose fat weekly.
Cardio helps but it isn't even required.
Get a good diet, and if possible volunteer at a ranch or other very labor intensive job... you never worked out until you've thrown hay bails around and busted up concrete all day.
Cut off foods with high levels of sodium, keep a strict healthy diet and a good busy workout routine.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
body composition is based on diet. Eat less calories than you burn. People say to run because it's an easy way to burn calories, but honestly, if you lift weights, play a sport, they all work. But the key point, the only non-negotiable is the diet.
Wolfdude87
body composition is based on diet. Eat less calories than you burn. People say to run because it's an easy way to burn calories, but honestly, if you lift weights, play a sport, they all work. But the key point, the only non-negotiable is the diet.
cat_neutral *Waffles runs away*

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Meecko
How would I lose it? Also i was told that the best way to lose weight was run is this true?

You can't target fat loss in a specific area of your body, only your entire body as a whole. Cardio is good, but it is not everything. Diet is most important. Eliminate junk and processed foods from your diet, and eat at a slight caloric deficit. You can look up an online calculator to figure out what your maintenance calories are, then eat 200-300 below that number. Eat a lot of protein, moderate fat, and low carbs. Try to eliminate sugars. No soda, no cake, etc. Incorporate some strength training into your regimen and those love handles will disappear in no time my friend.

4,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Meecko
How would I lose it?
Consume fewer calories than you burn, and your body will burn the fat under your skin (such as that in your love handles) for energy. It's simply a matter of physics.

Meecko
Also i was told that the best way to lose weight was run is this true?
There is no 'best' way, but running is a good activity, if you can do so comfortably. I think the ideal means of a variety of activities that work various muscles. For example: high rep rowing or pulldowns work muscles in the back not hit as intensely by running which is leg dominant.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff