Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Phantom

6,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
My goal is to put on a strong 10 pounds, bulk up a little. I'm a martial arts practitioner, much of the physical conditioning I've done in the past has focused on calisthenics and cardio rather than weighted resistance which I've been working with a bit more now.

Also would like to really define my core. Any suggestions on exercises?

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
To define your core you're going to have to cut weight, to gain ten pounds you'll need to do the opposite obviously. Look into leangains maybe.

Friendly Phantom

6,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
Wolfdude87
To define your core you're going to have to cut weight, to gain ten pounds you'll need to do the opposite obviously. Look into leangains maybe.
That makes a lot of sense. Well, building up is more important to me personally than ab definition, though I'll definitely work to strengthen my core as well during my work outs.

So, I guess I'll hit the weights and put on some solid resistance and up my consumption.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Good Time Ghost
Wolfdude87
That makes a lot of sense. Well, building up is more important to me personally than ab definition, though I'll definitely work to strengthen my core as well during my work outs.

So, I guess I'll hit the weights and put on some solid resistance and up my consumption.

That sounds like a great plan. You can always cut after you've got the size you want.

Friendly Phantom

6,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
Wolfdude87
Good Time Ghost
Wolfdude87

That sounds like a great plan. You can always cut after you've got the size you want.
Know of any good online dealers with decent prices for equipment? Just curious to see if I find anything I like. And I need something to hit. The old mattress in the basement can't take much more abuse lol

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Good Time Ghost
Wolfdude87
Good Time Ghost
Wolfdude87

Know of any good online dealers with decent prices for equipment? Just curious to see if I find anything I like. And I need something to hit. The old mattress in the basement can't take much more abuse lol

No sorry I don't. My recommendation would be to find a gym and do some weight training. 10 months gym subscription at my gym costs about as much as an everlast 100lb punching bag. I haven't bought too much equipment myself though so hopefully someone else can be more helpful.

Friendly Phantom

6,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
Wolfdude87
Good Time Ghost
Wolfdude87
Good Time Ghost
Wolfdude87

No sorry I don't. My recommendation would be to find a gym and do some weight training. 10 months gym subscription at my gym costs about as much as an everlast 100lb punching bag. I haven't bought too much equipment myself though so hopefully someone else can be more helpful.
Gotcha. I'm really not a big fan of gyms at all. I hate working out in public. I prefer closed quarters, private sessions. Just a personal thing I guess. Not to say I don't see results doing things in my own comfort zone.

Anyway, thanks for the help Bane.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Good Time Ghost
Wolfdude87
Good Time Ghost
Wolfdude87
Good Time Ghost
Wolfdude87

Gotcha. I'm really not a big fan of gyms at all. I hate working out in public. I prefer closed quarters, private sessions. Just a personal thing I guess. Not to say I don't see results doing things in my own comfort zone.

I certainly understand. And actually, if you're going to buy equipment, I'd suggest looking on craigslist. Might be some cheap stuff on there. Best of luck!
Wolfdude87
Good Time Ghost
Wolfdude87
Good Time Ghost
Wolfdude87

I certainly understand. And actually, if you're going to buy equipment, I'd suggest looking on craigslist. Might be some cheap stuff on there. Best of luck!
great great great information! always wolf 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces