8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Waste of money. Nothing you can't get from whole foods
Monster Pup
well maybe its because I get full very easily. o_o
Serious mass eh, well like Capt Pikachu said, you need to eat a ton. By eating a ton I mean you need to basically stuff yourself at least 4 times a day. You want a high protein diet. You want protein to dominate your carb and fat intake. You will want to read up on foods that increase testosterone production as well. Testosterone is what allows muscle to grow. I know at some nutrition stores you can buy a safe supplement that will give you that little extra boost.

Next for working out. You want to lift heavy and lift often. I personally enjoy Strong Lifts 5x5. However, there are tons of strength training and muscle building routines out there. You also want to avoid cardio. Cardio eats away at muscle and slows your progress. I would look up competitive power lifting routines. Even better if you can find a gym that trains power lifters join it and sign up for training.

Finally, have a little patience. Even if you start power lifting now. Chances are it will be 5 to 7 years before you build the mass you desire. That is the main problem with building muscle, it is extremely difficult. Most people who have that big mass train for decades and/or are just genetically gifted.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Nah, it's fine. Don't listen to Pikachu, every time I log on to this he's giving someone horrible advice. If you need to gain weight a mass gainer is fine to help with that. My cousin was told by a doctor to use it when he was 15 so there's no reason you shouldn't. People say it's a waste of money but if you think about it, when I'm bulking I use Carnivore Mass. A serving is 720 calories and comes out to $3 and change per serving. Per serving the price is actually quite reasonable, and it's a good way to get those calories in. Good luck!
i just eat mcdonalds bc I'm poor lol

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
valority
Monster Pup
well maybe its because I get full very easily. o_o

I don't see what you're trying to say

Darth Khaleesi's Husband

OG Gatekeeper

I will tell you from experience from using it. Yes, it does work, but the thing you have to understand is that it is a supplement, it should not take over your regular meals. It should be used in addition to your meals. Also, it takes like garbage and you cannot fit the whole serving in a blender bottle. It's literally like trying to blend a brick. Age, doesn't really matter. Just make sure when you take any kinds of supplements you drink a lot of water as it could really mess up your kidneys.

Like everyone else has said, whole foods is your best friend. Once you finish that tub/bag whichever you have. I would suggest you just buy yourself a simple whey protein and create your own weight gainers. You could put in peanut butter, olive oil, oats, fruits, vegetables, etc. . . The possibilities are limited to your creativity.
Ugh, shouldn't be using any supplements right now at your age, most supplements do have age restrictions on them. Food is your friend right now, keep your immune system up, eat every four hours.
Hi Valority,

At 15, the gym 4 times a week and pure calories with plenty of protein will cause all kinds of gains.

Just so you know what is in most mass gaining powders, its effectively a bunch of sugar and carbohydrates in a milk powder. There's no magic stuff in there, just dextrose. in fact, in general it basically just mimics milk in nutritional profile, without the other good stuff in milk. Usually useful if you can't keep milk down.

A lot of people will recommend being less aggressive with carbohydrates and sugars, but they're not 15 anymore and tend to forget what having that level of testosterone is like.

I will say this though, before you move to any sort of supplements, make sure you're eating 3 square meals a day with plenty of protein and calories from whole foods as you can get.

At 15, if you're regularly strength training, you should be looking to eat over 3000 calories a day, at least, but it's hard to say without knowing how heavy you are now, or what kind of gym work you're doing 4 days a week.

You'll put on a bit of fat on any sort of effective mass gaining program/diet, so don't panic if you lose your abs for a little while.

When you've used up the mass gainer powder (try to take it after workouts), if it's cheaper to swap to a litre or more of milk, I would definitely recommend that. it's usually cheaper, and contains actual nutrition that is of benefit to your general health, fats, calories, proteins, links to IGF-1 and calcium... it's the magic bulking juice.

To qualify what I'm saying, I'm a Personal Trainer with most of my experience in getting people bigger and stronger and more effective for combat sports.
Ozchuck
Hi Valority,

At 15, the gym 4 times a week and pure calories with plenty of protein will cause all kinds of gains.

Just so you know what is in most mass gaining powders, its effectively a bunch of sugar and carbohydrates in a milk powder. There's no magic stuff in there, just dextrose. in fact, in general it basically just mimics milk in nutritional profile, without the other good stuff in milk. Usually useful if you can't keep milk down.

A lot of people will recommend being less aggressive with carbohydrates and sugars, but they're not 15 anymore and tend to forget what having that level of testosterone is like.

I will say this though, before you move to any sort of supplements, make sure you're eating 3 square meals a day with plenty of protein and calories from whole foods as you can get.

At 15, if you're regularly strength training, you should be looking to eat over 3000 calories a day, at least, but it's hard to say without knowing how heavy you are now, or what kind of gym work you're doing 4 days a week.

You'll put on a bit of fat on any sort of effective mass gaining program/diet, so don't panic if you lose your abs for a little while.

When you've used up the mass gainer powder (try to take it after workouts), if it's cheaper to swap to a litre or more of milk, I would definitely recommend that. it's usually cheaper, and contains actual nutrition that is of benefit to your general health, fats, calories, proteins, links to IGF-1 and calcium... it's the magic bulking juice.

To qualify what I'm saying, I'm a Personal Trainer with most of my experience in getting people bigger and stronger and more effective for combat sports.

Thanks. So basically milk is my friend+food biggrin
so is soya milk a good choice?
Are you lactose intolerant or have any problems identified by a doctor that mean you can't have much milk?
If not, just give dairy milk a try. Soy milk is linked to a raise in estrogen and some other issues, as well as not having the same calcium and protein benefits.
Ozchuck
Are you lactose intolerant or have any problems identified by a doctor that mean you can't have much milk?
If not, just give dairy milk a try. Soy milk is linked to a raise in estrogen and some other issues, as well as not having the same calcium and protein benefits.

aint really lactose intolerant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces