Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Hunter

2,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Just stop lifting.
Go do cardio and control calories until all fat you want off of you is off of you.
Then resume lifting as usual.
>toning

lol
You can change your workout all you want, but it comes down to what your eating. Reduce your calories a bit, continue lifting heavy, and have patience. It mostly comes down to diet so you need to change something there.

Savage Hunter

1) You cannot 'tone'. You either build muscle or lose fat. You build muscle by lifting weights, you lose fat by doing cardio.

2) You can't do an exercise to reduce fat in one area. You have to just get your bodyfat down low enough for that area to diminish.

If you do sufficient cardio and you're on a caloric deficit but still not losing the fat on your arms then you're probably just genetically more likely to store fat in your arms.
sontaikle
You have to diet off the fat. Your muscles are there, just covered.

This.
A Whistler
it isn't working. I lift a lot, but for some reason this layer of fat just isn't leaving. I'm strong, no doubt, but I don't look like I am...it is pissing me off. Any routines for toning arms that have worked for you? help!

Lifting weights wont get rid of the fat, you also need to do cardio to get rid of the fat so you can see the muscle

Savage Hunter

Ko0kiez
I would suggest increasing your weights.
Personally, I hit 6 workouts on my arm days. (3 bicep, 3 triceps)
And for each workout, I do 5 sets, 10-12 reps each.

Like you should feel like your arms BURN when you are trying to finish your last of your 4th or 5th set. PUSH for it and eventually, you will definately tone up your arms.

BUT remember increase your weights slowly, dont jump from curling 5 to 20s, you do not want to tear a muscle.

Do not worry about "getting bigger" because your arms will build muscles, but not look like fat. For me, I workout heavy weights 6 days a week and I am 5'4" and 113-115lbs. (I dont know if that helps hahas) This is actually the same weight as I was when i was 16, (im 20 now) but the thing was that
I was chubbier because i was 2 inches shorter and never worked out i had HUGE love handles hahahahs but yah muscles WILL weigh more than fat. biggrin yay (:

Yes, a healthy diet is important too. but not like a starvation diet, more like eating more lean proteins and veggies and getting in your calcium. and drinking water. (:

Hope this works out for you! and GOOD LUCK biggrin And rememebr progress will take time, you have to be patient, it is different for everyone, and love yourself (: <3
False.
'Toning' comes as a reduction of bodyfat around a given muscle which thereby reveals the underlying muscle tissue. Lifting alone will not 'tone' you.

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Leonardo1972
I think that losing overall body-fat percentage would probably help to get rid of some fat on your arms. Most likely what remains will be around the belly, and it will leave your arms. Try doing some pullups maybe?

pull ups are for your back and biceps. What this person is probably referring to is their triceps. Which require a lot of cardio to be rid of the flab for probably a year. And a varied cardio that always includes the arms. strength training will help them feel stronger though
did you ever think that you're simply not strong?
anyways, if you were, then your issue would be bodyfat. which would be linked to your cardio and your diet.

Benevolent Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
wuthering heightsFE
Leonardo1972
I think that losing overall body-fat percentage would probably help to get rid of some fat on your arms. Most likely what remains will be around the belly, and it will leave your arms. Try doing some pullups maybe?

pull ups are for your back and biceps. What this person is probably referring to is their triceps. Which require a lot of cardio to be rid of the flab for probably a year. And a varied cardio that always includes the arms. strength training will help them feel stronger though

I would agree that cardio is probably the way to go. However I must point out that pullups do, in fact, work your triceps, other parts of your arms, as well as your chest and back.
What is routine for you?

For me, I like MASS over definition, so I do 8-10 reps biceps, quickly do 10-20 reps of triceps. And I get result.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff