Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, so I'm 19 years old, 5'7 and I weight 138. I'm interested in knowing how I can get physically stronger in my arms, preferably how to get stronger punching strength? I've been working out for a while now but I want to know, is there any specific exercise to make my arms/hands stronger? Another thing is that, I can't do a single push up. Even when people try to teach me to do it I just can't. How can I start out? xd

5,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Kioxhiro
Okay, so I'm 19 years old, 5'7 and I weight 138. I'm interested in knowing how I can get physically stronger in my arms, preferably how to get stronger punching strength? I've been working out for a while now but I want to know, is there any specific exercise to make my arms/hands stronger? Another thing is that, I can't do a single push up. Even when people try to teach me to do it I just can't. How can I start out? xd
Okay well I am 16 years old and I do a lot of strength training for boxing and other sports I also lift heavy weights. Well basically for you to build upper strength you need to lift light weights and do your reps slowly and try to do more than 10 reps. For example I sometimes use 12kg each arm and do arm curls and I do about 15reps in each arm at a slow pace. The slow pace will get your muscles bigger and it will get them stronger and all the other strength comes from the food you eat day to day. try eat 6 meals a day with lots of proteins and abit of carbohydrates.

Alright cheers
o_-II Kingz Six xD II-_o
Kioxhiro
Okay well I am 16 years old and I do a lot of strength training for boxing and other sports I also lift heavy weights. Well basically for you to build upper strength you need to lift light weights and do your reps slowly and try to do more than 10 reps. For example I sometimes use 12kg each arm and do arm curls and I do about 15reps in each arm at a slow pace. The slow pace will get your muscles bigger and it will get them stronger and all the other strength comes from the food you eat day to day. try eat 6 meals a day with lots of proteins and abit of carbohydrates.

Alright cheers

Thanks! biggrin
The only way to get stronger in things is to constantly work at them. If you want stronger punches then you should be practicing boxing or whatever it is you do several days a week for a good amount of time. Set yourself a time limit you must train for. For example: I'm working on pull-ups so my goal is to do around 100 (even if done with resistance bands or using momentum) every other day to improve no matter how long or how many sets I have to do.
Push ups are the same. The only way you get better at them is to do them. Use modified pushups to build up to normal ones. Some modified forms include using a bench to push up from, doing pushups on your knees, etc. Bench presses really helped me with my pushups. I gave up on pushups a while back and became obsessed with getting better at bench pressing. The first time I tried to do a pushup again, I could knock out 10-15 reps when I could barely do one before. Look up modified versions on youtube if you need ideas.

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Issues with the posts in here:

1. The strength of your punch has a lot to do with the technical execution of the punch. The strength in your arms really plays a small part in the effect of the punch, but rather the force comes from your legs and your core. Not saying it won't help to get stronger arms, but that is the myth.

2. Lift heavy and eat a lot. Do not limit your carbs as someone pointed out. In your body, carbs help shuttle the amino acids from the protein into your cells. As you can see, it would be useless to eat all that protein if they didn't get where they needed to be.

3. Gaining means gaining. If you want to get strong, expect to get bigger, both in terms of muscle and fat. And the only way of accomplishing this is to lift big and eat big.
Free Weights, Free Weights, Free Weights!

When I was your age, I'm 26 now I used free weights to increase my strength for Football, and it showed over the years even up to University Football. I now have a job where most times I need to get physical and arrest/detain people so I changed my workouts, I still use Free Weights to keep my muscles strong but now I got into supplements as well, at your age I would consider looking into using supplements. Check out some Protein Shakes and Post Workout Shakes, a lot of my police friends use them and they work.
Hi!~

The first question we all should ask is: Do you currently train in boxing or any other combat sport?
You can train your body to lift double the weight it can now, but without some technical coaching, you won't be hitting much harder than now.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but it's true. Punching people in the mouth is a skill as much as any other physical pursuit.

I would try a boxing gym first, they're pretty reasonably priced these days and specifically geared to what you want to do.

The second thing is: are you currently going to a gym or doing any sort of strength training?
If so, what kind of training are you doing? what did you do last week, please elaborate.

If punching is merely a positive side effect you anticipate from being bigger and stronger, you can simply join a gym and start up a basic all-body strength program.
Being 19 and 138lb leaves lots of room for improvement.

we can move on with more details once we know a bit more about you.
Dude, alright here's how it works. First off, don't be a f*****t curlbro that only works your arms. Do your squats, your deadlifts, you bench press, your overhead press, and your rows. Get a solid routine. Then eat, a lot.

When I started I was 6'0 135lbs. ******** skeltormode. Then I bulked up to 200 and then cut to 185. I'm starting another bulk right now. Time to get nasty.

I'm going to start trailing off so I'm going to bed. If you have any questions, shoot me a pm.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Dude if you want to get big that's one thing but if your only desire is to "throw harder punches" which is retarded by the way because if you had any reason to do that you'd have a coach that would teach you. You're making appeals on Gaiaonline so I imagine you have no ******** need to be able to punch harder. Also if you're 19 and you can't do 1 push up you're a ******** weakling. My recommendation? Get on a real weightlifting program, start monitoring your diet properly, and get in shape. Just being less of a ******** weakling will make you punch harder.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff