Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Reveler

Captn Pikachu
I wouldn't suggest posting your actual address on forums, and this whole thing was dumb of me. Even still I'd probably still be dumb enough to do this if you were less than two states away. Either way, even though I think your wrong I admit that I shouldn't have made this personal at all. I don't know how to vocalize how annoyed I am at feeling pretentious now. Basically, you're still a foolish piece of s**t.

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
I wouldn't suggest posting your actual address on forums, and this whole thing was dumb of me. Even still I'd probably still be dumb enough to do this if you were less than two states away. Either way, even though I think your wrong I admit that I shouldn't have made this personal at all. I don't know how to vocalize how annoyed I am at feeling pretentious now. Basically, you're still a foolish piece of s**t.
oh tough guy oh tough guy
dont call someone out and not show up tough guy

Dapper Reveler

Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
You live over 5 states away it would an absolute waste of both of our times, but besides that, only a coward calls the person who retaliated the person calling someone out. You were the one asking to fight immediately when you called me a retard.

Friendly Citizen

Alright guys, that's enough.

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
You live over 5 states away it would an absolute waste of both of our times, but besides that, only a coward calls the person who retaliated the person calling someone out. You were the one asking to fight immediately when you called me a retard.
internet tough guy here
everyone watch out
this retard right here

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Avgvsto
MaxKon
Functional training is based mostly on doing body weight exercises with some free weights. You want to start with somewhat simple movements, building up to more complex movements which would include increasing instability, speed, combining movements together, etc...
Functional strength training is focused mostly on increasing your strength by neurological adaptions rather than simply muscle mass.
Pretty much completely agreed I only fear getting into weights to quick might be a mistake since it is quite easy to use minimalist routines for this matter.
I was just defining what it is. I don't think weights have to be used for beginners. Or really at all.

Dapper Reveler

MaxKon
Yeah you really know what you're talking about I'm pretty sure, glad were on the same page. Probably better than me too, thanks for the help.

Dapper Reveler

val_owI

I think it's a common misconception that you have to train like a gymnast and be heavily monitored when training parkour. When I first got into it I was the most unfit person ever. You don't go into parkour being fit, but rather get fit from doing parkour. It's just another form of exercise. And so the more you do it, the better you'll get at it because you'll be getting stronger too.
The training itself, you've just got to use some common sense and know your limits. It's good to push yourself, but you need to know when it's good to do so and when it isn't. See if you can find a local parkour group if you can.
That's really the greatest part about functional training, you actually get better by being functional. I probably really forgot to stress this enough, but just doing something will make you better at it in your mind and body, which is really cool. Some of the most fit people I've ever met hardly did anything fancy to train one area, just hard workers. My dad always used to tell me when I was younger that sports and lifting and such were basically just a game for people in the older days cause they were already in shape from all the manual labor they had to do- I'm not sure if this was everywhere but Chicago was considered one of the industrial capitals of the world back in the day. For instance, I don't want to brag on his behalf or anything, my dad was pretty extremely successful (setting records and such and in the hall of fame at his school) at sports when the only real extra work he would do was running which wasn't too hard for him anyway since he would work very hard everyday at the business he was a part of. Also, at least in my sport, farmers and other hard working kids often end up very good at the sport that I do.

Dapper Reveler

val_owI
Also, I apologize as you already seem to know what you're talking about, I guess I was just elaborating or something and trying to show that i really agree with you.

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Avgvsto
MaxKon
Yeah you really know what you're talking about I'm pretty sure, glad were on the same page. Probably better than me too, thanks for the help.
Thanks smile
Since functional training is all about performance and not looks one can ignore most of what bodybuilders and actors do to train. I wouldn't train the same way as a pro-athlete though, since they often damage their health in the long term to perform better now.

Dapper Reveler

MaxKon
Avgvsto
MaxKon
Thanks smile
Since functional training is all about performance and not looks one can ignore most of what bodybuilders and actors do to train. I wouldn't train the same way as a pro-athlete though, since they often damage their health in the long term to perform better now.
Well it's kind of about what you're looking for, I'm sure a lot of those pro athletes through all their suffering and such wouldn't have taken back what they've done even now. I mean you're probably right to anyone who's health isn't directly effecting the entirety of their lifestyle.

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Avgvsto
MaxKon
Avgvsto
MaxKon
Thanks smile
Well it's kind of about what you're looking for, I'm sure a lot of those pro athletes through all their suffering and such wouldn't have taken back what they've done even now. I mean you're probably right to anyone who's health isn't directly effecting the entirety of their lifestyle.
True, since they mostly get paid well for it. But amateurs mostly workout to improve fitness and to be able to stay active later into life, which means they can take it slower and not push so hard to breaking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff