Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Citizen

MaxKon
You don't want to create any imbalances.

That's very true. I really hope I'm approaching these moves right. I'll be studying proper form for each one so as not to sustain any injury.

Devout Lover

14,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
Spirit Reborn
MaxKon

That's very true. I really hope I'm approaching these moves right. I'll be studying proper form for each one so as not to sustain any injury.
Yeah, you can break up the movement into smaller parts and then put them together later.

Friendly Citizen

MaxKon
Spirit Reborn
MaxKon

Yeah, you can break up the movement into smaller parts and then put them together later.

Good idea, I'll see what I can do : )
After briefly reading through this thread, MaxKon's advice pretty much covers it.
Since you're doing functional movements, you may want to focus on some movements that are more relevant to what you want to do.
If it's pretty general things, you may want to look into things like balance as well. Getting good at bodyweight exercises and moving onto plyometrics from that will help with that.
If you want to do something fun, there's always dance or zumba or even parkour if you're game enough (sounds extreme, but it really isn't if taught properly).

Don't do a crazy amount of one exercise (don't do 50 push ups). Break them up into sets like you would with weights. Try and do a variety of exercises as opposed to just doing the one exercise for the one muscle group. Variety is very important functionally.

Friendly Citizen

val_owI
After briefly reading through this thread, MaxKon's advice pretty much covers it.
Since you're doing functional movements, you may want to focus on some movements that are more relevant to what you want to do.
If it's pretty general things, you may want to look into things like balance as well. Getting good at bodyweight exercises and moving onto plyometrics from that will help with that.
If you want to do something fun, there's always dance or zumba or even parkour if you're game enough (sounds extreme, but it really isn't if taught properly).

Don't do a crazy amount of one exercise (don't do 50 push ups). Break them up into sets like you would with weights. Try and do a variety of exercises as opposed to just doing the one exercise for the one muscle group. Variety is very important functionally.

Good point, Thank you very much. I'll definitely work on various body exercises in sets, work on balance, and funny that you've mentioned parkouring. I'm actually quite interested in it. But for that, I know I'll have to condition and train like a gymnast and in a monitored environment where a specialized trainer is always present. I'll have to take it pretty slow then since I'm kind of re-introducing myself into my regular exercise routine. I've been slacking for 3 months now and I'm not liking how I'm feeling these days when I'm not doing some sort of continuous physical activity.

Thanks again for your response : )
Spirit Reborn
Good point, Thank you very much. I'll definitely work on various body exercises in sets, work on balance, and funny that you've mentioned parkouring. I'm actually quite interested in it. But for that, I know I'll have to condition and train like a gymnast and in a monitored environment where a specialized trainer is always present. I'll have to take it pretty slow then since I'm kind of re-introducing myself into my regular exercise routine. I've been slacking for 3 months now and I'm not liking how I'm feeling these days when I'm not doing some sort of continuous physical activity.

I think it's a common misconception that you have to train like a gymnast and be heavily monitored when training parkour. When I first got into it I was the most unfit person ever. You don't go into parkour being fit, but rather get fit from doing parkour. It's just another form of exercise. And so the more you do it, the better you'll get at it because you'll be getting stronger too.
The training itself, you've just got to use some common sense and know your limits. It's good to push yourself, but you need to know when it's good to do so and when it isn't. See if you can find a local parkour group if you can.

Friendly Citizen

val_owI
Spirit Reborn

I think it's a common misconception that you have to train like a gymnast and be heavily monitored when training parkour. When I first got into it I was the most unfit person ever. You don't go into parkour being fit, but rather get fit from doing parkour. It's just another form of exercise. And so the more you do it, the better you'll get at it because you'll be getting stronger too.
The training itself, you've just got to use some common sense and know your limits. It's good to push yourself, but you need to know when it's good to do so and when it isn't. See if you can find a local parkour group if you can.

Ah I see. Well that's pretty cool, I'll see if there are any parkour groups around my area for sure.
I don't know..I guess I just want to take all the necessary precautions, if you will, before I get into parkour.. so as not to injure myself or anything. Still, it's nice to know that I don't have to necessarily train like a gymnast under constant monitoring.

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Avgvsto
I think I already told you where i think you should start, running and push ups.
This retard,
******** push ups

Dapper Reveler

Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
I think I already told you where i think you should start, running and push ups.
This retard,
******** push ups
You are pretty much the reason I worry bout her. Ending up like a dumb brute like you isn't exactly ideal. You have given me an ad hominem argument and presented no real support for your own reasoning. If you still can't do push ups I don't really respect your muscle shape and efficiency of which I would prove to you through various physical means such as fighting but you are too much of a p***y to say this to my face. I still doubt you are in very good shape though I am glad you started to discontinue your scummy lifestyle from before in an attemp to justify your existence, which seems difficult due to how much emphasis you put into health. Like biulding a hammer factory that only builds hammers for the sake of biulding new hammers, at some point doesn't this whole thing seem silly? I apologize for being so crude but you really have no reason to come off so offensive, especially if you have some real faith in your sort of lifestyle. Now please go in peace and learn some respect, not only for your peers but also the mentally handicapped before someone like me beats it into your ******** head.

Dapper Reveler

MaxKon
Functional training is based mostly on doing body weight exercises with some free weights. You want to start with somewhat simple movements, building up to more complex movements which would include increasing instability, speed, combining movements together, etc...
Functional strength training is focused mostly on increasing your strength by neurological adaptions rather than simply muscle mass.
Pretty much completely agreed I only fear getting into weights to quick might be a mistake since it is quite easy to use minimalist routines for this matter.

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
This retard,
******** push ups
You are pretty much the reason I worry bout her. Ending up like a dumb brute like you isn't exactly ideal. You have given me an ad hominem argument and presented no real support for your own reasoning. If you still can't do push ups I don't really respect your muscle shape and efficiency of which I would prove to you through various physical means such as fighting but you are too much of a p***y to say this to my face. I still doubt you are in very good shape though I am glad you started to discontinue your scummy lifestyle from before in an attemp to justify your existence, which seems difficult due to how much emphasis you put into health. Like biulding a hammer factory that only builds hammers for the sake of biulding new hammers, at some point doesn't this whole thing seem silly? I apologize for being so crude but you really have no reason to come off so offensive, especially if you have some real faith in your sort of lifestyle. Now please go in peace and learn some respect, not only for your peers but also the mentally handicapped before someone like me beats it into your ******** head.
I'm sexier then you, Im stronger then you.
What else is there to say.
Jeeze you whine like a female.
Calling someone out over the internet makes you a tough guy :}

Dapper Reveler

Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
This retard,
******** push ups
Firstly, I am not calling myself tough I am saying its worth fighting off an a*****e who attributes the mentally handicapped to less than human. Just have some civility man.

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
This retard,
******** push ups
Firstly, I am not calling myself tough I am saying its worth fighting off an a*****e who attributes the mentally handicapped to less than human. Just have some civility man.
Oh no internet tough guy
Oh no
someone who thinks hes tough ont he internet.oh no

Dapper Reveler

Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
This retard,
******** push ups
Oh no internet tough guy
Oh no
Yeah I'll admit you caught me at a bad time but even still this doesn't have to be over the Internet if you don't want and you have the time. I'll admit this was stupid of me to bother like this but I'd still be willing to meet you man to man if you want. Otherwise though I'll admit this was a waste of energy.

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
Captn Pikachu
Avgvsto
Oh no internet tough guy
Oh no
Yeah I'll admit you caught me at a bad time but even still this doesn't have to be over the Internet if you don't want and you have the time. I'll admit this was stupid of me to bother like this but I'd still be willing to meet you man to man if you want. Otherwise though I'll admit this was a waste of energy.
12156 via hacienda el cajon ca
Stop by tough guy

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas