Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Citizen

But I'm not quite sure on where and how to start in terms of conditioning, types of moves, etc.
I eat fairly healthy, controlling portions, 6 small meals a day, eating the proper cals. needed for my body, etc. So, I guess, all I'm trying to figure out, now, is how to start and anything important I should know and be aware of first.

Dapper Reveler

pffft why?

Friendly Citizen

Avgvsto
pffft why?

Because I want to become physically stronger and improve on endurance.

Dapper Reveler

Spirit Reborn
Avgvsto
pffft why?

mean your philosophical reason for that. I can help i suppose but i want your heart in the right place.

Dapper Reveler

I think I already told you where i think you should start, running and push ups.

Friendly Citizen

Avgvsto
Spirit Reborn
Avgvsto
pffft why?

mean your philosophical reason for that. I can help i suppose but i want your heart in the right place.

My reason is for my own health and for my family's, friends, strangers in terms of self defense or say.. hypothetically.. having to pick someone up who fell unconcious to the ground/road and needs to be carried off to a nearby hospital provided that I don't have a cellphone on me and there are no nearby houses. Lol..it's highly unlikely but you never know.

Dapper Reveler

Spirit Reborn
Avgvsto
Spirit Reborn
Avgvsto
pffft why?

My reason is for my own health and for my family's, friends, strangers in terms of self defense or say.. hypothetically.. having to pick someone up who fell unconcious to the ground/road and needs to be carried off to a nearby hospital provided that I don't have a cellphone on me and there are no nearby houses. Lol..it's highly unlikely but you never know.
so you want to be in like soldier shape, well soldiers need something to fight for don't they.

Friendly Citizen

I'd run but it's in the negative's out here so it's pretty chilly. Pushups I can do though as well as situps, and other various bodyweight exercises.

Friendly Citizen

Avgvsto
Spirit Reborn
Avgvsto
Spirit Reborn
Avgvsto
pffft why?

so you want to be in like soldier shape, well soldiers need something to fight for don't they.

I guess that's pretty much what I'm aiming for, yes.

Dapper Reveler

Spirit Reborn
I'd run but it's in the negative's out here so it's pretty chilly. Pushups I can do though as well as situps, and other various bodyweight exercises.
Stick to those. Before you get into any other muscle work outs you should be able to do about 50 pushups in a row and about 50 leg lifts for about 5-10 seconds each and at least a 100 crunches before you get into any weight training. you should get a pull up bar and maybe some rings if you way to take this pretty seriously. Just try to stick with a lot of calisthenics. Neck bridges hand stands running hula hooping jump ropes gymnastic stuff. Get into that before you do anything with weights.

Friendly Citizen

Avgvsto
Spirit Reborn
Stick to those. Before you get into any other muscle work outs you should be able to do about 50 pushups in a row and about 50 leg lifts for about 5-10 seconds each and at least a 100 crunches before you get into any weight training. you should get a pull up bar and maybe some rings if you way to take this pretty seriously. Just try to stick with a lot of calisthenics. Neck bridges hand stands running hula hooping jump ropes gymnastic stuff. Get into that before you do anything with weights.

Sounds great~ Thanks a lot!
I think I'll look into getting a pull up bar, actually. I've heard of calisthenics before but haven't really looked into it in detail.

Dapper Reveler

Spirit Reborn
Avgvsto
Spirit Reborn
Avgvsto
Spirit Reborn
Avgvsto
pffft why?

I guess that's pretty much what I'm aiming for, yes.
It's really not that hard, make your whole day a work out, just make it time management. Every time you could be doing something else just work out. Watching T.V. do push ups. Could be reading, do wall sits while your reading or hula hoop while our reading. Bored jump rope. Theres a lot of time in the day just use it and you'll get in shape. here's a good quote by a soldier, “The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.”
― Norman Schwarzkopf

Dapper Reveler

Spirit Reborn
Avgvsto
Spirit Reborn

Sounds great~ Thanks a lot!
I think I'll look into getting a pull up bar, actually. I've heard of calisthenics before but haven't really looked into it in detail.
Having been in wrestling since i was tiny, i don't like having to admit this, strength training always focused on how to gain as much strength with changing weight as little as possible. There's a difference between strength and muscle, sure you can lift more if you're bigger but you're probably not that much more proportionately stronger. that's why I'm not advising weight training till later. Also don't stop at 50 push ups, get into 100 and start doing different variations like learning how to do a handstand or a planche push up.

Friendly Citizen

Avgvsto
It's really not that hard, make your whole day a work out, just make it time management. Every time you could be doing something else just work out. Watching T.V. do push ups. Could be reading, do wall sits while your reading or hula hoop while our reading. Bored jump rope. Theres a lot of time in the day just use it and you'll get in shape. here's a good quote by a soldier, “The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.”
― Norman Schwarzkopf

That's very true. Thanks for the helpful tips! : )
Nice quote, I like it.

Dapper Reveler

Spirit Reborn
Avgvsto
― Norman Schwarzkopf

That's very true. Thanks for the helpful tips! : )
Nice quote, I like it.
I don't like when people consider health different then just the way you live life, it's kind of sissy s**t, just don't think of it as working out, think of it as embodying what you want to be with your life. Health really isn't that important to me, it's just your willingness to have a more effective physical self. Don't think of it as working out just think of it as a way to pass the time and just the kind of person you are. That's just my kind of take on it I guess, it's like sprezzatura, i was raised into it i guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff