Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Seeker

My coach told me that consider I'm 5'4, and 182 lbs that it was impressive that I could lift 140lbs. Not sure how true that is. But I'm curious, how much can you guys lift?
Thats pretty impressive if you ask me. Do you work out often? i am 5"6 130 pounds and deadlift with 120 but i also work out 4 times a week.

Invisible Seeker

PureTaoist
Thats pretty impressive if you ask me. Do you work out often? i am 5"6 130 pounds and deadlift with 120 but i also work out 4 times a week.

I've been a runner since Middle School (though not so much these last couple years), but I had only been working out once before. And that was mainly on my legs. It was actually my first time lifting, and he just kept adding on weights until I couldn't take it. So I made it up to 140lbs, and now he wants me to lift 190lbs by the end of July. burning_eyes

I think it may have a lot to do with my build though. My biological father had broad shoulders, and a long back. And I inherited that from him. I think it's just easier for me to lift things because of it. But I could be completely wrong.
No you're 100% right on the broad shoulders aspect and its very well possible that your genetics make weight lifting easier for you. Do you plan on working up to that 190? seems possible if your dedicated enough to achieve that within a month smile

Invisible Seeker

PureTaoist
No you're 100% right on the broad shoulders aspect and its very well possible that your genetics make weight lifting easier for you. Do you plan on working up to that 190? seems possible if your dedicated enough to achieve that within a month smile

I'm definitely up for it. I really would like to see more muscle on my arms, but I'm just taking it week by week to see how things go. If I meet 190lb by the end of July awesome! If not, then I know I really tried to get up there. I'll be fine with 180 to be honest.

My main problem with weight training are squats. My right knee is so unstable that I'm afraid to squat too fair with the weight on my shoulders in case it decides to give out. I really need to check it out though....

So, how much can you bench? I can lift 120 at the most, although I can only do 2x5 or 1x8 if I do. I can bench more if I stick around 90 or 100.

Dangerous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Deadlift? I haven't done that in a long time.

Ursine Comrade

5'5", 165lb female here, with a 255lb max for deadlift.

I think the goal your trainer has set for you sounds quite reasonable! I recall having a pretty easy time going up to pulling my bodyweight but after that it starts to become something of a grind.

As for bench, now that you asked, my max is 155lb. Squat is 225lb.

For squats, if you got a long back, try practicing low-bar squats, as that will give you more leaning room and is just overall more advantageous for your body structure, but make sure you squeeze your back hard throughout the lift. Also, front squats are an option, if you just want some quadriceps work, since your hamstring and glutes get worked in a deadlift anyway, and you can easily dump the weight if it feels like your knee is gonna give out, which may give you a mental edge on it.

Dangerous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
OHHHH DEADLIFT, i thought you meant deadlift and cling.

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
S4rawberry
My coach told me that consider I'm 5'4, and 182 lbs that it was impressive that I could lift 140lbs. Not sure how true that is. But I'm curious, how much can you guys lift?

I'm 6'0, 162lbs, deadlifted 245x5 yesterday.

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Also, the title of this thread is an epic fail

Invisible Seeker

Monster Pup
Also, the title of this thread is an epic fail

Just noticed that right now. rofl

Shadowy Prophet

I normally list my big three whenever I'm checking my numbers.

Bench - 225 x 5
Squat - 315 x 5
Deadlift - 410 x 5

5'10" - 170 lbs

I was very nervous about doing Olympic lifts when I started working out. Now, they're a staple for any workout that I do. If I may, you should try adding 5 lbs each time you do your lifts. As long as you can slap on more weight and still perform the exercise with good form, you're good to go.

2,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
Bench 315
Legpress - 1120
Deadlift - Awful for your spine
Squat - Awful for your spine
Curl - 135
Preacher curl - 205
Shoulder shrugs - 450
Dumbell bench - 120's
I dunno what else is really worth mentioning.
Haven't deadlifted or squatted since my knee injuries =[

Benching 220lbs though.

4,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
220lb guy here, deadlifting 100lb barbell so I can row it.

Feels unimpressive man.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces