Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Lunatic

Basic lifting gloves just to protect my skin. I am a massage therapist so I take care of my hands. Also, they are just too pretty to damage. No wrist straps, even when it means waiting for my grip strength to catch up to my muscle strength before I can progress.

And, my gloves are pink. 8D I feel pretty ~ oh so pretty.
Used to but then I stopped. No point. If you're a girl, your weights aren't heavy enough to make your hands callused. If you're a guy, there's nothing wrong with rough hands. Even then, you only get that one line of calluses on your inner knuckle, and it tends to blend in after a while.

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I do sometimes because I want to keep my dumbbells clean. Also because my pullup bar isn't as padded as I'd like it to be.
Yes. Not because it makes it easier for me. I wear them because touching the bar disgusts me.

2,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Naverin
Basic lifting gloves just to protect my skin. I am a massage therapist so I take care of my hands. Also, they are just too pretty to damage. No wrist straps, even when it means waiting for my grip strength to catch up to my muscle strength before I can progress.

And, my gloves are pink. 8D I feel pretty ~ oh so pretty.

I like the metal to skin feeling but I know the rough skin is unatractive. Oh talk about pretty in pink eh?

6,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
I wear wrist wraps at times, if I really want to grip, I use chalk.

Lunatic

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
No. I love my calluses. That burn when I deadlift..orgasmic.

Lunatic

7,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I also don't wear boxing gloves when I get on the bag. That's only because I haven't bought them yet though LOL

Profitable Giver

5,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
Did it come with a matching purse?

Wealthy Capitalist

I never use them. I want to gain as much grip strength as possible.

Stone-cold Bloodsucker

14,100 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Battle Hardened 150
NinjAHHHHH v2
Did it come with a matching purse?

Nope, so I made one outta duct tape. razz

Back on topic, I haven't had to use gloves for about a month now. If I have an arthritis flare-up in my thumb joints, I just tape the affected area. My grip strength is better due to the change though my hands still sweat. sweatdrop
I just bought a pair today.
A couple of days ago, I noticed my hands, the area between the palm and fingers, were becoming callused and the skin was peeling. I pride myself on having soft delicate hands, so I really wanted to get some.
I found them at Ross while shopping. They were only $6, so I figured I had nothing to lose. I can't wait to try them on Monday.
: D

When I used to do kickboxing, my instructor always made us wrap our hands and then put on gloves. One day I went at the punching bag without the wraps, and I noticed a slightly painful difference. The wraps were more for safety rather than grip though.

Stone-cold Bloodsucker

14,100 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Battle Hardened 150
Hayatochi
I just bought a pair today.
A couple of days ago, I noticed my hands, the area between the palm and fingers, were becoming callused and the skin was peeling. I pride myself on having soft delicate hands, so I really wanted to get some.
I found them at Ross while shopping. They were only $6, so I figured I had nothing to lose. I can't wait to try them on Monday.
: D

When I used to do kickboxing, my instructor always made us wrap our hands and then put on gloves. One day I went at the punching bag without the wraps, and I noticed a slightly painful difference. The wraps were more for safety rather than grip though.

Wow, that's a good price! I certainly hope they work well for you. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces