Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Prophet

So I'm seriously thinking about starting to lift weights, but I'm not sure how to go about starting it.

It really doesn't help that I don't like my body right now, I've wanted to start lifting for awhile but I'm afraid to go to the gym because I'm a weakling and embarrassed about my body.

I'm not overweight, I'm just weak. And I'm sick of it.
The best way would be to book time with a gym instructor. They can help you make a beginner's program and tune it to your goals.

Don't pay any mind to other people when you're at the gym. There will always be someone who is stronger/better built /whatever. Just focus on yourself and your own goals.

Sweet Cutie-Pie

12,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
It would be best for you to have a personal trainer. Yes its true don't mind other people, what would be important is the result of your hard work to be become better. Set your goal, motivate yourself, take the necessary steps towards it, then you'll never know that you have actually reached your goal.

Shirtless Smoker

4,800 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
No one at the gym is judging you.
Just go there.
Don't use a personal trainer. Personal trainers will intentionally give you poor advice so that you don't progress very fast and thus continue coming to them.
Just go to the weight floor and start picking up heavy s**t. Nobody is looking at you. Especially because most people that lift weights as a hobby are super aspergerish and just want to focus on their routines and their own bodies.

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
No one really cares if you're weak or a beginner in a gym. Everyone at the gym was a weakling at some point so no one bothers to judge someone. I've had a few kind people come up to me and help me when I start on new equipment and give me tips on form. The gym is all about motivation so it's a positive place to be in. smile
You don't go to the gym to look good and show how strong you are. You go there to get strong.
Nobody is going to be looking at you and caring about your size. I can't remember ever seeing a guy or girl in the weight section with me and thinking about their weight. Just jump in and once you start lifting heavier, your confidence will definitely increase. biggrin Everybody has to start somewhere.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff