Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you a hero?

Yes. 0.58823529411765 58.8% [ 10 ]
No. 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
< 1 2 3 4

"If you give a hacker a new toy, the first thing he'll do is take it apart to figure out how it works."

Acidwire

Cavan Albus

User Image

Cavan couldn't believe his luck! Oh how things were falling together so perfectly, so in correct order, so masterfully. It was almost as if some higher power were lining things up just for him. Setting out a path before him to utopia and the riches beyond. To be attending the Achievement Center for Advanced Youth or A.C.A.Y for short, oh it was almost laughable. He would have to think his parents for this later and congratulate them on their forethought. To be sending a future villain to school with the heroes that might one day be his opposition so he could study them, collect data on them and get a head start on planning out each individual fall was truly breath taking. Granted his parents knew nothing of his future plans and might have 'Gasp' been heartbroken to learn their child would not be fallowing in their footsteps, but hey, sometimes you had to break a few eggs. Cavan truthfully didn't see much parental care in his future anyway. He was closing in on no longer needing them now that he was approaching adulthood and with each day, his parents slid closer and closer to the useless pile. More so because they were heroes and might stand in his way one day.
Best to delete the problem early before it became something of a hindrance.

But that would all come later. Right now he had a kill to prepare for. Humming happily under his breath, Cavan began by planting a clay-more just inside the door, it's blast side angled to catch someone as they came through the door. Next he deployed a kill bot to guard his back so no one could get the drop on him and once that was up and running he used his data mapper to check in on the drones hovering around the area keeping tabs on the targets. Still humming he checked the magazine of the high caliber rife he was carrying before stepping over to the window and taking a peek down the scope started to crackle diabolically as he put the cross hairs over his first target's head.
"Boom, head shot!" He muttered to himself and started to apply pressure to the trigger....

"DING!"

Cavan blinked and looked up as the elevator dinged and it's door's slid open. In his hands his portable game system suddenly let out the sound effect of his shot being fired fallowed by a scream as a NPC died and Cavan paused it. He took a moment to collect himself and remember why he had come here before getting so pulled into his first person shooter game and shrugging he stepped off the elevator and into the main lobby area. Looking around he noted the area was deserted and totally devoid of any sign of life and he had a moment to wonder if maybe he was in the wrong building. Looking up his eyes caught sight of a security camera and with a blink of his luminescent green eyes he was shifting through the data on it's network before getting a view of every other camera on the network. Through this he spotted a group up stairs and sighing he turned and made his way toward the stairs, hacking a blueprint for the building to guide him. Now that he was in the system he passed the time shifting around and collecting useful information but noted several rather heavy duty firewalls here and there throughout the network. For now he left them alone. He didn't have the time or desire to go to work on them just yet and figured he had all the time in the world to break through them later. So keeping to the main public system he gathered what he could, stored the data away and went back to his game as he made his way upstairs in no real hurry. He paused in the stairwell long enough to finish his level and then kill off his own kill bot before tea bagging it in victory, manipulating the game's data to give him time enough to do this before the level end score came up then saving, he turned the device off, stored it away in his sling bag and finished going up the stairs. Once there he looked down the hall at the little group gathered there and gave a awkward closed eyed grin before reaching up and ruffling his own hair out of habit. "Sorry I'm late, I kind of got sucked into my game and lost track of time."

“It's difficult to imagine the power that you're going to have when so many different sorts of data are available.”
User Image User Image
"I will find the truth."

It was fine weather as Duke walked down the stone-slabbed path to the main entrance of the skyscraper. But as Duke pushed on the impressive doors to enter the building, he was not fine: the death of his father had left a bitter taste in his mouth that would not fade away. And to be sent to this strange place, alone, before the burial ceremony had even taken place - well that was the sour icing on his cake of misery. The way the chief elder had looked away when speaking to him, never able to meet Duke's eyes; something wasn't right. But Duke could do nothing. Not yet anyway, not without knowing how deep the conspiracy went. He reached the elevator door. He looked at it, puzzled. Eventually he figured out how to operate the device and reached the the appropriate floor.

Other students were giving him strange looks as he swept down the hallway to main reception. Not surprising given his attire - the long brown hemp coat billowed behind him like a great sail in the wind. The rucksack he carried on his back was worn and dirty from the years of use in the forest. And his entire body was strewn with vials, flasks and tubes of all sizes containing liquids and gases of various colours.

"What are you looking at?" He snapped at a pair of students that had been staring for just a moment too long.

"Nothing man, but you might want to stop muttering under your breath- it creeps people out."

Duke stopped, his anger fading and turning to embarrassment. He hadn't realised he had been quietly vocalising his anger all this time. He turned haughtily on his heel and strode away, reaching main reception in a few large paces; he was a tall teenager, standing at over 6 feet. He wasn't scrawny either; despite spending a lot of time inside working, long hikes, swimming and lifting logs had carved out a fit, muscular body from the chubby pre-teen

"Are you the overseer of this quarter?" He asked matter-of-factly, placing a hand on the counter top.

"I'm sorry?"

"What? Why are you apologising?" Duke replied in a puzzled but irritated voice, the colloquialism lost on him.
"I asked if you are in charge here."

"Oh well I run this reception desk, yes. Are you one of the teachers?"

Duke was not surprised at this, his tall imposing stature and articulate speech had led to his being mistaken for an adult before. He shook his head, reaching into his pocket and retrieving a sheet of paper with the school watermark on it.

"Oh you're a student! I beg your pardon, let's get your registration sorted out." The clerk said, taking the letter from Duke and quickly reading it.
"Laevitas Duke....sponsored by Druid....Alchemist" She said aloud as she read. She nodded and then typed rapidly on the keyboard in front of her. Duke had no idea what the device was, but didn't let his ignorance show.
"You've been allocated to residential block 2B. You're very lucky to have been granted a room with a fantastic view of the downtown greenery. In fact you've been given a plot of soil for yourself in which to grow your own plants." The lady pressed a final key.
"That's everything. Follow the signs to your accommodation and welcome to ACAY!"

Duke nodded, turning to follow the signs to his room.

Mood: Angry
User Image User Image
"I will find the truth."

Duke was halfway to his designated room, thoughts racing in his mind, when he noticed a group of silhouettes ahead of him. He slowed, focusing on the moment. He had had absolutely no contact with the outside world before today and his social skills were limited to the customs of his village. The first figure he could make out had long hair in a tail, with hooped earrings dangling from her lobes. He took a deep breath; he would need friends if he was to survive this world.

"Hello brethren, I hope I am not intruding here." He said, the streak of nervousness cutting through his manufactured tone of confidence.

He stood with his hands at his sides, fiddling with the cork of of one of his many potions.

Mood: Nervous

Shadowy Werewolf

12,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Luke Masters

Luke stopped the elevator when he sensed someone else hacking the system, closing his eyes he tried to pinpoint the IP address of the computer in question but found none, that led him to the possibility that there was another technopath present, but why would they try to hack the security system? He'd better go tell Leon.

Leon Masters

Leon barely suppressed a laugh as the students quickly assumed he was a teacher despite his apparent age. He quickly retracted the spikes back into his hand, catching the soda as it fell. When Monet requested a match with him he shot Trevor a quick glance to see if he had an issue with it, seeing no reaction he could only guess Kensington was expecting him to follow the rules and regulations, however Leon never was one for following the rules. He was about to respond when Kazama once again tried to make himself seem important by butting in and trying to make it a two on one match in there favor. "I'll tell you what if you can block my attack I'll take you up on that offer" he said as an evil grin fought to surface as he thought of a trick to put some sense into Kazama's head. No sooner had he said the words he spun around with his leg out to kick the boy, he was probably going to get greafe from Trevor but he needed to teach Azure a little lesson. As expected Azure blocked Leon's leg with his arm but before anything else could happen Leon extended a spike from his boot stopping it a hair's width from Kazama's Jugular. "News flash for you in the real world fights are almost never fair or even the quicker you learn that the longer you'll live" he said as he lowered his foot.

Jacob Pyre

Jake had followed the group and witnessed the desire to fight and fought back a chuckle as Megan said she needed to use the bathroom. If he knew Megan as well as he thought he did she was using that as an excuse to avoid the fighting, she used the same excuse whenever Jake seemed like he would get into a fight.

((a few things...sorry about the long leave of absence but my collage 101 is a b***h, also although it could be seen as GodModding my actions with Kazama were something called implied actions (simply put a fancy and surprisingly acceptable form of GMing...by that I mean you'll have to actually look for an RP that doesn't allow IAs (despite not allowing GMing) put simply implied actions are actions that, unless the character has a major personality change or something is already planned, are almost guaranteed to happen (a few common examples are character 1 rings a doorbell and posts character 2 opening the door despite not controlling character 2, another is one almost everyone has probably done...a phone call, you call someone and post that they answer (this one is a grey area as sometimes the other person doesn't pickup or the phone is dead/off in which case the first person edits the post)...

anyway the point is that given Azure's background in martial arts and his willingness to fight, it is almost certain he will not only agree to the challenge but also be able to block the attack)

Generous Citizen

User Image Kazama Azure

Kazama smiled as he blocked the kick as he felt the spike on his jugular a sudden rush of energy filled him as he saw a chance to sweep Leon off his feet he quickly slid his right foot behind the leg balancing Leon pulling towards him before stopping as he reached the tipping point before moving his leg in place "Fair fights huh? I'm a fan of them but I suppose against you and a few others with powers I need to throw those theories out the window don't I." he offered his hand to Leon still showing no sign of being phased by the spike "I don't see much of a 'point' in that trick though if you wanted to instill fear in me I already saw the spikes so I had an idea of that. If it was to knock sense into me then that it did." He smiled before turning to Trevor "Sir I'd like to apologize, but my older sister wanted to know if there were visiting times for family...please tell me there aren't..." He said with a slight flush on his face. "Oh and Leon I would enjoy sparring with you of course when it is allowed that is rather not get expelled yet." He smiled before opening his drink his mind rattling about how he is supposed to compete with any of these people alone

(it's fine gee. college is always like that and as for the IA i have no problem with it you used your own power as well as Kazama's background so it worked out fine)
Cyanogenesis

IlenaWhitethorn
geehaw246
xXNerdFighterXx

High-functioning Genius

22,350 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
User Image
Megan Jones

Where:
ACAY dorm level
With: Duke

Trevor Kensington III

Where:
ACAY dorm level
With: Kazama, Jacob, Monet, Leon, Cavan

User Image
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Trevor approves of Kazama's change in spirit. Indeed, there were better and more appropriate times and places for sparring to occur, rather than the dorm hallways. After all, a few other students filter in and out of their rooms, chatting and getting used to the new accommodations. In fact, Anika has already gotten her dorm assignment and wandered off to find it. He looks up to the latest addition to their number.

"You're not late at all, son. We're just giving everyone a chance to get acquainted and find their dorms. Classes don't officially begin until tomorrow."

Megan is just returning from her brief moment in the bathroom to catch her breath, hoping that any hostilities have passed in the short time that she spent downstairs. She never quite makes it back to the group, though, as another person stops her. She turns, glancing at the older person quizzically.

“Of course not, Sir. I was just going to the bathroom. I was about to return to the group that I was being shown around in. I really wasn't trying to wander off on my own, Sir.”

She assumes, based on his height and bearing, that he's one of the teachers, though he looks like something from that magic school movie.

Trevor frowns at the exchange between Leon and Kazama, rubbing his temple in mild frustration. He's going to have a refresher course on the school's regulations for Leon and a few of the other incoming teachers. He manages to push those thoughts to the side to focus on Kazama's question.

"There is an approved list of family members for each student. Those on the list have permission to visit at any time, provided that they're not disturbing your classtime for trivial matters. This is a school, not a hospital or basic training. Some of the students won't even be staying on campus, so they'll go home each day."

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
lolzrd
EheroKaiba
geehaw246
xXNerdFighterXx
QueenCurlyQ
Tu Di Gong

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash