Welcome to Gaia! ::

ωyℯtt cℯɳtɾaℓ ɦɩɡɦ

~ xxxOOC xxx~ xxxProfile Thread xxx~ xxxClass schedules ~
tɦℯ stσɾy

Welcome to Wyett, a small town on the east coast of the United States. It is a quiet little town like many others in the country. The adults tend to their business(and seem to think they can butt into everyone else') while the children play games at the park and the teenagers hang out at the local mall or the cafes. While mostly suburbs, there are a few apartment buildings in the main town. There are two elementary and middle schools, and one high school, Wyett Central High.

The current date is August 25, the first day of school. As a student at Wyett Central High, your main concerns are passing your tests, making friends, and dating. What you wear, the people you hang out with, the classes you take, these are all up to you. Some of you may take part time jobs, some may take up hobbies, and some may join a club or two. Just stay out of trouble and enjoy the school year. Happy studying!
tɦℯ ɾσℓℯs

These are the specific roles to be filled, and I will only accept one of each. This is mainly because every school role play I ever joined or made always had the same basic characters, and I want a little variety for once. However, I am open to suggestions; if you have any ideas for additional roles, send them to me and I will contemplate adding them to the list. Another note: while filling out your profile, PLEASE at least try to keep it consistent with the information I put here, and don’t completely twist it so that they’re unrecognizable; that said, these descriptions are very broad and open to interpretation.

The Bully – The Bully torments anyone weaker than he is. He will torment, pick on, and even beat up anyone he can. And he enjoys it. He doesn't often get in trouble because his usual victims are too scared to tell, and other students don't see fit to report him. His friends also join in the bullying. His most common victims(on this list at least) are the Quiet Kid and the Nerd, though that hardly means they're his only targets.
『open』xxx『taken』xxx『reserved』

The Fighter – The Fighter is often getting caught up in fights; however, unlike the Bully, he fights for a better reason than to just assert his supremacy. He isn't always fighting, just often enough to earn a reputation. He gets into trouble more often than the Bully because, unlike the other, he gets caught.

The Quiet Kid – The Quiet Kid is an introvert, and prefers solitude to large groups. That doesn't mean he hates talking, however, just that he's not likely to start a conversation. He's always wrapped up in his own business, and never butts into anyone else's. He is commonly a target of the Bully.

The Foreign Exchange Student – The Foreign Exchange Student comes from somewhere overseas, and speaks in a heavy accent and/or broken English. S/he is staying with a local family and trying to learn the American culture.

The Queen Bee – The Queen Bee is the most popular girl in school, and that's the way she likes it; even the Cheerleader can't compete with her popularity. If she wears something one day, you better believe everyone who cares about their reps is wearing it the next. She looks down on people who are different, but may or may not outright bully them.

The Cheerleader – The Cheerleader is a typical girl: obsessed with shopping, boys, and the latest fads. She is the head cheerleader, and thus all the other cheerleaders look up to her. Minus the ones who are jealous and say she cheated to get her position. They're just haters anyway.

The Athlete – The Athlete is what one would consider a jock. S/he is concerned mainly with whatever sports team they're on, and taking them to the regional and, later, state championship. Their grades are good, otherwise they'd be kicked off the team, and they don't want that.

The Nerd – The Nerd loves science, and math, and pretty much every other subject in school. Except gym. They'd rather be sitting in a desk with a calculator. S/he gets straight A's practically without trying, and is often called a genius. S/he is a common target of the Bully.

The Musician – The Musician is a member of a local garage band. The band plays at school dances and other like events. The Musician lives for music and hopes the band makes it to the big times, and s/he really thinks they're good enough.

The Tomboy – The Tomboy is...well...a tomboy. She had always been different from other girls, and preferred to play with the guys than with dollies. Now she's an outcast in girl world, but she's happy enough hanging with the guys.

The Class Clown – The Class Clown is always joking around, no matter when or where. S/he often annoys the teachers with his/her unwanted comments. They do take into consideration, however, how particular audience members will react to particular jokes; they're not oblivious to possible backlash to their jests.
tɦℯ ɾʋℓℯs

1 ) No godmodding. This includes controlling the actions and reactions of any character that is not your own.
2 ) As role play mistress, I am the Goddess of this role play. If I make a decision, there will be no disputing it. That said, however, my role plays are democracies. Unless I lose my considerable patience, I will take a vote on all decisions.
3 ) Follow Gaia’s ToS. I don’t really need to explain this one, right?
4 ) Romance is allowed and encouraged, but no cybering. If it’s something you don’t want your six year old brother/sister/cousin/child/etc. to read, don’t do it. If it is totally unavoidable, the instant the clothes starts moving, you timeskip or fade to black. Don't even take it to PMs.
5 ) No flaming. Period. I want everyone to be nice to everyone. That doesn’t necessarily have to extend to your characters, though. Your character can be a total a** and I wouldn’t care. Just be nice in OOC. Also, RESPECT. We all know how to give it, and we all deserve it. I will respect you if you respect me in return, and vice versa. Got it? Good.
6 ) You can curse, but kindly keep it to a minimum. If your character swears every other word, this may not be the best place for them.
7 ) As this is a school role play, there will be no killing. Of course, this does not mean that there’ll be no fights. It’s a high school. Kids fight. Just don’t kill anyone.
8 ) You may have two characters if you can keep up with them.
9 ) I expect a post at least once a week. I have had so many role plays that I worked so hard on that died because people didn’t post. To be blunt, I’m sick of it. I will PM you if you have not posted in the appropriate number of days to remind you of the role play. You will be warned again if you don’t post in another week. You get three warnings. That’s it. Three. Uno, dos, tres.
10 ) As a continuation of that last rule, PM me if you will be gone for a while or any time you will be unable to make the time requirement. I understand that you all have lives outside of your role plays, and I will not punish you for something that is out of your control. Also, please don’t hesitate to tell me if something has come up and you’ll be unable to continue the role play. I won’t be upset if you drop. Just don’t randomly disappear and leave us to wonder where you are.(I can’t tell you how many times that’s happened...)
11 ) Now that I’ve finished talking about activity, it’s time to tell you about my post requirements. It isn’t too bad, so don’t worry! This is a literate role play. This means that there will be no first person, no *text* for actions, no txt talk(except in texts), and no one liners. I expect at least one, well written paragraph each post. Remember, though, quality over quantity. Your reply doesn’t have to be extremely long, as long as what you do have gives us something to reply to.
12 ) I have one additional rule to the post requirements. I have to address writer’s block. It can happen to the best of us, and I understand this. (Believe me, I understand writer’s block. stare ) However, I don’t feel that it is an appropriate excuse for a short reply. I still expect a full, five sentence paragraph. That said, however, I won’t sit and count the sentences. As long as it looks long enough, I’m happy.
13 ) PM your profiles to me. If and when I accept them, you may post them on the profile thread and create a class schedule for your character(s) to post on that thread.(Class schedules do not need to be a approved. Links are above)
exclaim Speaking of profiles...I want ORIGINAL characters. I don't want you to take a character from an anime and just shove them in, or even slap a different name on them. Also, as this is a REALISTIC role play, I want the characters to actually BE realistic. Which means there won't be many orphans, since the large majority of the population between the ages of 14 and 18 have one or two living parents, and the ones who are orphans are usually in foster care or another similar program. Got it?
14 ) I reserve the right to add or change rules as I see fit, so check back here often. Although, I will generally take a vote before I do so. Democracy, remember? ^-^
15 ) And, the most important rule of them all, don’t forget to have fun. That’s what we’re here for, isn’t it?
ρɾσfɩℓℯ skℯℓℯtσɳ

[imgright]Enter Picture Url Here. Anime picture, please.[/imgright]
[size=24][color=choice #1]Enter First Name Here[/color][/size]

[align=center][size=18][color=choice #2]Enter Middle Name Here[/color][/size][/align]
[align=right][size=11][color=choice #3]Enter Last Name Here[/color][/size][/align]

[align=center][size=18][color=choice #2]~What Is Known~[/color][/size][/align]

[size=11][color=choice #3][b]My parents named me[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Repeat Full Name[/u],[/color]
[color=choice #3][b]But my friends call me[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Nickname[/u].[/color]
[color=choice #3][b]I am[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Gender[/u].[/color]
[color=choice #3][b]My birthday cake only has so many candles.[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Age; 14-18[/u][/color]
[color=choice #3][b]This is my date of birth:[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Birthday[/u][/color]
[color=choice #3][b]I know I’m short.[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Height[/u][/color]
[color=choice #3][b]I am a[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Class; freshman to senior[/u].[/color]
[color=choice #3][b]I am the[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Role; see above[/u].[/color][/size]

[align=center][size=18][color=choice #2]~The Deeper Stuff~[/color][/size][/align]

[align=center][size=11][color=choice #3][b]This is how I am:[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Personality; About a paragraph, please[/u][/color]
[color=choice #3][b]This is what I like:[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Likes; At least four[/u][/color]
[color=choice #3][b]This is what I dislike:[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Dislikes; At least four[/u][/color]
[color=choice #3][b]My life has been short:[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Bio; At least a paragraph, preferably more[/u][/color]
[color=choice #3][b]There’s something else you should know.[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Any other important information; this is optional and should be removed if unnecessary.[/u][/color]
[color=choice #3][b]If I could choose one song...[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Theme song; this could serve whatever purpose you want, whether describing their situation, or their personality, or whatever; this is optional and should be removed if unused[/u][/color[[/size][/align]

[align=center][size=18][color=choice #2]~What I Keep Hidden~[/color][/size][/align]

[align=right][size=11][color=choice #3][b]My sexual orientation:[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Sexuality[/u].[/color]
[color=choice #3][b]Don’t tell, but I like[/b][/color] [color=choice #1][u]Crush, if any[/u].[/color][/size][/align]

[align=center][size=18][color=choice #2]~The One Who Holds The Strings~[/color][/size][/align]

[size=11][align=center][color=choice #2][b][u]Enter Gaia Username Here[/u][/b][/color][/align][/size]
βℯℓℓ scɦℯɖʋℓℯ

Monday - Friday

1st Period: 7:30am - 8:15 am
2nd Period: 8:20am - 9:05am
3rd Period: 9:10am – 9:55am
4th Period: 10:00am – 10:45am
5th Period: 10:40am - 11:25am
tab Lunch: 11:30am - 12:30pm
6th Period: 12:35pm - 1:20pm
7th Period: 1:25pm - 2:10pm

To simplify things and make sure there are coinciding classes, there will be certain classes available during certain periods.

1st Period: P.E./Elective(juniors and seniors can have elective this block)
2nd Period: Required English
3rd Period: Elective
4th Period: Elective
5th Period: Required Social Science
6th Period: Math
7th Period: Science/Elective(only seniors can have elective this block)
cℓa**ℯs

This post will list the classes available to the students. The first section are the classes that are required for your diploma, listed by grade; the second section are the optional classes you can choose to fill out your schedule.

Required Classes

Mathematics

The math courses can be separated into the categories of Average and Advanced classes. Most of the students follow the average course plan, which was decided by the school board to be the order the classes should be taken. However, some students have taken some tests in middle school, or maybe one of the classes during the summer to get it out of the way, and so they follow a different, more advanced course plan.

Average students tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Advanced Students

9th grade: Algebra I tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Geometry
10th grade: Geometry tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Algebra II
11th grade: Algebra II tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Math Analysis(AKA pre-calculus)
12th grade: Math Analysis tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab AP Calculus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

English – Required

The advanced courses are slightly faster paced, with more reading involved, whereas the regular course spends more time on specific books and read less.

9th grade: English 9 or Advanced English 9 – The Classics(To Kill a Mockingbird, Romeo and Juliet, The Odyssey, etc.)
10th grade: English 10 or Advanced English 10 – More Classics(Hamlet, Night[Elie Wiesel], etc.)
11th grade: English 11, Advanced English 11, or AP English 11 – American Literature(The Crucible, Edgar Allen Poe, etc.)
12th grade: English 12, Advanced English 12, or AP English 12 – British Literature(Chaucer, Macbeth, etc.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Social Sciences – Required

9th grade: World Geography or AP Human Geography
10th grade: World History(1500AD – Present) or AP World History(8000BC – Present)
11th grade: American History
12th grade: American Government

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Science

9th: Natural Science or Advanced Natural Science
10th: Biology or Advanced Biology
11th: Chemistry I or Advanced Chemistry I
12th: Not required, but can choose one, or can double up and take two as electives [Chemistry II, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Biology Seminar, Physics, Marine Biology, Oceanography, etc.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Physical Education

9th and 10th: required
11th and 12th: optional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elective courses

This is far from a complete list, but these are the more common ones. If you would like one included, PM me and I’ll add it.

Foreign Languages*

French
German
Latin
Spanish
American Sign Language
English as a Second Language

*There are five levels of classes, I, II, III, IV, and AP. You can only take the AP class if you took the language in middle school, otherwise you don’t have enough school years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fine Arts

Strings
Band
Marching Band
Chorus
Art
Theatre Arts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

English – Electives

Creative Writing
Journalism
Photojournalism
Humanities

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Social Sciences – Electives

Psychology
Sociology
Debate
Criminal Justice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other

Home Economics
Nutrition and Wellness
Small Animal Care
Veterinary Science
Physical Education(Elective for Juniors and Seniors only)
Study Hall(No credit)
cʋɾɾℯɳt ɖatℯ aɳɖ tɩmℯ

Monday August 25, 2014
7:15 am
ɾℯsℯɾѵℯɖ
ɾℯsℯɾѵℯɖ
ɾℯsℯɾѵℯɖ
ɾℯsℯɾѵℯɖ
ɾℯsℯɾѵℯɖ
ɾℯsℯɾѵℯɖ

Quick Reply

Submit