Welcome to Gaia! ::

[enter]

User Image

WEST VERANO HIGH SCHOOL[tab]
                                                          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                                                                                            A YEW_D3S3RVaCR0WN_BEOTCH PRODUCTION

WE[tab]HAVE[tab]A[tab]FLAIR[tab]FOR[tab]THE[tab]SHADE[tab]AND[tab]THE[tab]INBETWEEN
                                                      ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

A HIGH SCHOOL BASED ROLEPLAY
                                                                    PICTURES PROVIDED BY THE NOTORIOUS GOOGLE.COM
                                                                    THIS IS A LITERATE ROLEPLAY
                                                                    CURRENTLY IN NEED OF ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING
                                                                    CURRENTLY ACCEPTING RESERVES AND PROFILES
                                                                    OUT OF CHARACTER THREAD
[enter]

User Image

WE[tab]LIKE[tab]TO[tab]RUN[tab]WITH[tab]THE[tab]WOLVES[tab]FROM[tab]THE[tab]DARKER[tab]SCENE

Welcome to the tri-state area! A sizeable community located north of Los Angeles where those who crave to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city flock for a piece of mind in the form of a half acre lot with a cookie cutter two story house and a shiny BMW parked out front. The tri-city area is home to around 100,000 residents and is made up of three individual suburbs: Agrestic is the largest and most southerly town which is bordered to the north by its slightly smaller sister city, Majestic. Then, across interstate 5 is Verano, the newest development that made the tri-city area, the tri-city area.

Verano, itself, is home to about 20,000 people and it is the most up and coming development of the three suburbs. Everything was practically built yesterday including the large West Verano High School campus which is shockingly the crowning jewel of the whole community. Home to just over 3,000 high school students, this is where our story really takes place.

From cheer leaders to jocks to band geeks and stoners, every high school has them and West Verano is no different. There are cliques, there's drama, clubs, sports, pep rallies and everything anyone could imagine that high school would be filled with. However, despite its large population of students, West Verano High School is surprisingly close knit for its size. The students, for the most part, actually enjoy going there for a multitude of reasons whether it's for the electrifying school spirit or the wealth of opportunities that the school offers its students for a greater, more competitive education. Despite West Verano's wealth of merits, one's high school experience really boils down to one thing. What you make of it. You can either make it great or you can make it hell. So what will you make of your experience as one of West Verano High School's many proud Lions?
[enter]

User Image

WHEN[tab]WE[tab]TURN[tab]THE[tab]SAFETY[tab]OFF[tab]THE[tab]SHOTS[tab]ARE[tab]AUTOMATIC

[x]GENERAL RULES
                                                          ════════════════════════════
                                                          1. Ah yes! Everyone's favorite part. The rules! I know, I know, you're raring to get going but please do take the time to read through these rules instead of just skimming for what you should title your application PMs. It will help you and myself if you take the time to read through these and make a few mental notes about what you should and should not do.
                                                          2.First and most importantly, I am the soul keeper of this roleplay. What I say goes. I've been doing this roleplaying thing for several years now and I'm pretty sure I know what I am doing.
                                                          3.Second, I worked very hard on this roleplay and put a lot of time into it. I'm really looking forward to making a long term rp out of it so it goes without saying that this roleplay is important to me and hopefully it is important to you. Therefore, if you cannot contribute to making this roleplay thrive, then I suggest you don't join. Do not send in a reserve and then never fill out a profile. Don't turn in a profile and then never post. Don't post once and leave. That is not only a waste of your time but it is a waste of my time as well.
                                                          4.Stay active in the roleplay and I don't just mean the IC thread. Keep up with the OOC thread as well. It is important for you to stay active within the roleplay because we all know how overwhelming it is to get behind and then have to try and catch back up. So post in the OOC daily if possible and the IC at least once a week (preferably more than once).
                                                          5.If for some reason, you're going to be MIA for a short period of time, please let me know. After all, school is in session and I understand that things come up. . .exams, papers, homework, extra curriculars. I get it. Just please be courteous and let us know if you need to drop the rp for a couple of days or if you need to drop it entirely. If you disappear without a trace, I will be forced to open your spot up to someone who can better fulfill it.

[x]LITERACY AND JOINING
                                                          1. First and foremost. . .Your posts. This is a semi-lit to literate level thread. Therefore, I expect your posts to be longer than 500 words. . .500 words is the absolute minimum post length I will accept. You are more than welcome to write as much as you want but I want this to be a relatively fast paced roleplay so don't get hung up on writing a 3000 word post because chances are, you will fall behind if you're spending that much time on a single reply.
                                                          2. Now. . .Grammar. I know mastering the written English language can be a daunting task but if you are accepted into this roleplay, you are expected to use proper grammar and syntax. Your posts are also expected to make sense. If you misspell a bunch of words or simply leave words out, it's going to make for a disappointing and likely confusing post. That being said, I cannot stress enough the importance of proof reading your posts before submitting them. You have spell check for a reason! Use it!
                                                          3. Your posting layouts should be pleasing to the eye and not an eye soar. They can be as simple or as elaborate as you'd like but as the saying goes. . .Less is more. Sometimes a layout with a couple pictures, a name and a quote is better than a graphic that's covered in funky font, several gifs and a bunch of other clutter. I know that the photoshop trend has taken gaia's forums by storm but I, myself, do not have photoshop nor do I know how to use it so if your posting layout is pretty basic, that's totally fine with me.
                                                          4. Within your post itself, your body text should not be greater than size 11 and your character's posting color should be easy on the eyes. . .If you try to use yellow or some obnoxiously bright color that makes my eyes bleed, I will ask you to change it.
                                                          5. This roleplay has both a reserve skeleton and a profile skeleton. The codes for these skeletons can be found in the OOC thread. By now, you should know how the reserve and profile applications work, therefore, I'm not going to devote a lot of time to this portion of the rules.
                                                          6. In the reserve skeleton, you will notice that the picture portion of the reserve itself requires the use of a .gif. As we all know, .gifs are tedious things and editing them can be a real pain in the rear end. That being said, you should notice that the size of the gif for the reserve is 150x250. As we all know, gifs do not usually come in that size and in order to make it 150x250, you will need to edit it. For those of you who have photoshop, I don't think this should not be a problem, but for those of you like me who do not own photoshop there's a really great site called EZGIF.com where you can edit gifs without losing what makes a gif, well, a gif. I highly recommend the use of this site for editing gifs for this roleplay or any basic gif editing application.
                                                          7. As for the profile, once you get to this point and have finished filling it out, it goes in it's own testing thread and the link to your character's profile thread is what you send to me in a PM. With that in mind, when sending me your reserve, you can title the PM whatever you like. . .Feel free to make me laugh, cry, whatever. Dazzle me! As for the profile PM, you can also title that PM whatever you want so long as the title is different from the title of your reserve PM.

[x]THE NAUGHTY FILES
                                                          1. As you've already figured out, this is a high school roleplay and therefore it revolves around age groups 14 - 18. With that in mind I am familiar with the types of behaviors that teenagers often engage in. That is okay! That's what this roleplay is all about. If your character is taking shots at a party or taking a hit from the victory pipe, that is fine! If your character is going to hook up with the school slut, that is fine too. However, if we have a high school full of drug addicts, we are going to have a problem. If you begin to describe each intimate detail of your characters sexual escapade with another character, that's not okay either. If your character is going to do the nasty, please practice safe internet sex and use a time skip.
                                                          2. There is no need to curse every other word, even if your character is angry. Yes, cussing is fun but doing it excessively is annoying, immature and it loses its luster. Violence. As much as I love a testosterone filled knock down drag out or a sleezy cat fight, there is no need for excessive violence in this rp. Beating another character to a bloody pulp or shooting up the school is not acceptable. Unfortunately, it is becoming more common that these things happen but typically, you don't see these kinds of lude acts on a high school campus.
                                                          3. Of course. . .no picture perfect characters or anything of the sort. It's boring. No god modding either. . .it's just rude and unsettling. No insta-romances either unless it has been plotted out prior to opening the roleplay. Most importantly, make your character believable in all aspects of their being.

[x]CHARACTERS
                                                          1. Characters. . .The meat of the roleplay. Next to the acceptance process, this is the most important chunk of the rules and I expect you to read through this section with a fine toothed comb as it contains A LOT of important information that will be beneficial to all of us.
                                                          2. First of all, the characters are split up into two separate categories. . .Popular and Unpopular. Simple enough. Past that, your character is yours to create. There are no pre-made characters/roles so as I said before, creating your own character is completely up to you. The sky is the limit. . .sort of.
                                                          3. As I said before, the sky is the limit with creating your character. . .You can play the queen bee, the kid who smokes pot behind the dumpsters or the out and proud gay male. Your character is yours to shape. However, do make them believable. I cannot stress that enough. Even though this is a roleplay, I like to keep things as realistic as possible so do your best to make it seem like your character is a real person.
                                                          4. If I haven't stressed this enough already, here it is again. Your character's creation is up to you. In technical terms of the roleplay, you will have to decide where your character lies: Popular or Unpopular. Furthermore, you will have to give them a title of some sort ( The Queen Bee, The Douche Bag, The Drum Major, etc. ). However, you cannot share the same title as another character but they can have similar titles. Make sense? The only thing is, if I start to see too many of the same-ish roles, there's going to be a problem. So to demonstrate, if I start to see "The Slut", "The Whore", "The Floozy", "The Tramp", etc. I'll have to stop accepting characters who are known for sleeping around. Make sense? Good. I know that sometimes it is difficult to be unique and creative but PLEASE MAKE YOUR CHARACTER ORIGINAL!! Of course there are the constant high school staples that you will always have like the queen bee and the star athlete, but think about your high school and all of the different types of people who attend/attended it. Harness those different archetypes and use them when designing your character!
                                                          5. Please take into consideration the title you give your character when you classify them as either popular or unpopular. The cheer leader obviously isn't going to be unpopular and the math geek isn't going to sit at the cool kids table. If you try and pull a fast one on me like that, I will ask you to change either your characters title to fit their hierarchy or vice versa.
                                                          6. Now, here's the catch when it comes to "the sky is the limit" on developing your character. I know there are people out there who enjoy exploring these topics when it comes to their character, but for this rp they are strictly forbidden. Such things as serious mental illness, sexual abuse/rape, abuse of any kind for that matter, self harm, etc. will not be tolerated in this roleplay. I know that these types of things do happen to people and it is unfortunate, however, that is why they are strictly forbidden here. Why? Because the last thing I need is for someone who is a legitimate rape victim to start ranting and raving in the ooc about a rape victim character who is not being portrayed accurately. If you don't think people get butt hurt about stuff like that and fuss about it, trust me, they do. I've had my fair share of unhappy readers complain to me about such topics.
                                                          7. Recently and maybe not as recently as I think, the Asian and homosexual fad has taken gaia by storm. Don't get me wrong, I think people of Asian descent are beautiful and I, myself, am a homosexual male, but I do not want an over abundance of either type of character. This is not a k-pop roleplay, nor is it a safe haven for rainbow children. I'm not forbidding you from creating these characters but if this roleplay turns into Korea meets Rupaul, I will have to step in and set some stricter guidelines.
                                                          8. Now. . .as for your faceclaim. Because .gifs are AMAZING (Everyone loves them), .gifs are going to be used A LOT in this roleplay. That being said, you are going to need to pick a face claim that has a crap ton of easily accessible .gifs. Therefore, using a famous model or celebrity is pretty much required which is good for me because I LOVE over used celebrities and models. Furthermore, your face claim needs to fit your characters age. This should not be too much of a problem as most celebs and models are around the ages of high school kids. Your face claim also needs to fit the role you have selected for them. Victoria Secret models cannot pull off being shy and demure girls. . .Why else do you think they model sexy lingerie?
                                                          9. You are allowed to play as many characters as you can handle. After all, this is a LARGE roleplay so feel free to take on as many charries as you like, if you can. However, I cannot stress enough the importance of being able to keep up with all of your characters! I know that sometimes the excitement of making a new character is too much to handle but please consider the amount of time you can dedicate to this roleplay before you sign yourself up to play four or five characters. However, in the case that you do get over zealous and can't handle all of the roles you have created, please let me know if you would like to drop a character. Sure, it's kind of annoying, but it's better for everyone and the roleplay if you drop a character or two because you can't keep up with all of them.
[enter]

User Image

WE'LL[tab]HAVE[tab]YOU[tab]WRAPPED[tab]AROUND[tab]OUR[tab]TRIGGER[tab]FINGER

THE POPULAR KIDS

The Rich Kids, The Jocks, The Cheer Leaders, The Party Goers, The Promiscuous Girls, The Players, The Fashionistas and all around D-Bags

06/10 Females 04/10 Males

Darren Criss - Selena Gomez - Barbara Palvin - Nina Agdal - Austin Butler - Cailin Russo - Yuri Plekson - Emilie Nereng - Kim Hyuna - Tom Daley

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          POPULAR :: ALDRIDGE, LANDON
                                                                                        ════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                                                                    WEST VERANO HIGH SCHOOL LIONS

THE PARTY ANIMAL
                                                                                              SENIOR
                                                                                              EIGHTEEN
                                                                                              DARREN CRISS
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #6C0000
                                                                                              ITRIPDINOSAURS

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          POPULAR :: DUARTE, AMALIA

THE SPUNKY MAJORETTE
                                                                                              SENIOR
                                                                                              EIGHTEEN
                                                                                              SELENA GOMEZ
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              PINK
                                                                                              YEW_D3S3RVaCR0WN_BEOTCH

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          POPULAR :: HARRISON, OLIVIA

THE DEFIANT HEIRESS
                                                                                              SENIOR
                                                                                              SEVENTEEN
                                                                                              BARBARA PALVIN
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              LIGHTSEAGREEN
                                                                                              TOUCH - i t g r o w s

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          POPULAR :: HENDRICKS, KENDALL

THE POWER TWIN
                                                                                              SENIOR
                                                                                              EIGHTEEN
                                                                                              NINA AGDAL
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #FF6F6D
                                                                                              IM FLUENT IN MEOWING

User Image
                                                                                          POPULAR :: HENDRICKS, ROMAN

THE POWER TWIN
                                                                                              SENIOR
                                                                                              EIGHTEEN
                                                                                              AUSTIN BUTLER
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #96A250
                                                                                              IM FLUENT IN MEOWING

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          POPULAR :: KINGSLEY, CHLOE

THE WILD CHILD
                                                                                              SENIOR
                                                                                              SEVENTEEN
                                                                                              CAILIN RUSSO
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #7375A5
                                                                                              CEREBRAL THUNDER

User Image
                                                                                          POPULAR :: LAROCHE, ANTONIO

THE MEDICATED PLAYBOY
                                                                                              SENIOR
                                                                                              EIGHTEEN
                                                                                              YURI PLEKSUN
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #568203
                                                                                              AYS LOAF

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          POPULAR :: LEE, CHEYENNE

THE SEDUCTRESS
                                                                                              SENIOR
                                                                                              EIGHTEEN
                                                                                              KIM HYUNA
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #e58a85
                                                                                              MYLITTLEAZN

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          POPULAR :: LEONARD, QUINN

THE PEPPY CHEER CAPTAIN
                                                                                              SOPHOMORE
                                                                                              SIXTEEN
                                                                                              EMILY NERENG
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #90697B
                                                                                              MISSBIPOLARPANDA

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          POPULAR :: STONE, KAI

THE STAR ATHLETE
                                                                                              SENIOR
                                                                                              EIGHTEEN
                                                                                              TOM DALEY
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #4682B4
                                                                                              FILTHY POP
[enter]

User Image

QUEEN[tab]BEE[tab]YELLOW[tab]YOURE[tab]THE[tab]SKIN[tab]FOR[tab]OUR[tab]STINGERS

THE UNPOPULAR KIDS

The Kids Who Actually Like Math, The Band Geeks, The Gleeks, The Stoners, The Artsy Tartsy Kids, The Newbies, The Goody Two Shoes and everything inbetween.

05/10 Females 04/10 Males

Lilly Collins - Kendall Jenner - Avan Jogia - Zayn Malik - Seo Kang Joon - Ariana Grande - Sean O'Donnell - Emily Rudd - Holland Roden

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          UNPOPULAR :: ALDRIDGE, KATHERINE

THE THESPIAN
                                                                                              JUNIOR
                                                                                              SEVENTEEN
                                                                                              LILY COLLINS
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #A11727
                                                                                              ITRIPDINOSAURS

User Image
                                                                                          UNPOPULAR :: AUSTEN, GABRIELLA

THE ECCENTRIC ACTRESS
                                                                                              JUNIOR
                                                                                              SEVENTEEN
                                                                                              KENDALL JENNER
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #038B99
                                                                                              IM FLUENT IN MEOWING

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          UNPOPULAR :: JEPSEN, ATLAS

THE QUIRKY BRAINIAC
                                                                                              SOPHOMORE
                                                                                              SIXTEEN
                                                                                              AVAN JOGIA
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #592720
                                                                                              FADING LIKE A DREAM

User Image
                                                                                          UNPOPULAR :: ADAMS, JONAH

THE OUTCAST ARTIST
                                                                                              SENIOR
                                                                                              EIGHTEEN
                                                                                              ZAYN MALIK
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              MAROON
                                                                                              IM FLUENT IN MEOWING

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          UNPOPULAR :: LEE, JASON

THE HOPELESS ROMANTIC
                                                                                              JUNIOR
                                                                                              SEVENTEEN
                                                                                              SEO KANG JOON
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #395d84
                                                                                              MYLITTLEAZN

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          UNPOPULAR :: LEVY, SANTANA

THE CUTESY MUSICIAN
                                                                                              JUNIOR
                                                                                              SEVENTEEN
                                                                                              ARIANA GRANDE
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #00cccc
                                                                                              FILTHY POP

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          UNPOPULAR :: PETERSON, BRYSON

THE MALE CHEERLEADER
                                                                                              SOPHOMORE
                                                                                              FIFTEEN
                                                                                              SEAN O'DONNELL
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #2F2F4F
                                                                                              YEW_D3S3RVaCR0WN_BEOTCH

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          UNPOPULAR :: SHARKOVA, INESSA

THE RUSSIAN ARTIST
                                                                                              SENIOR
                                                                                              EIGHTEEN
                                                                                              EMILY RUDD
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #83AF9B
                                                                                              MIBBIPOLARPANDA

User Image
                                                                                User Image
                                                                                          UNPOPULAR :: SULLIVAN, CAITLIN

THE PHOTOGRAPHER
                                                                                              JUNIOR
                                                                                              SIXTEEN
                                                                                              HOLLAND RODEN
                                                                                              PROFILE
                                                                                              #BB8866
                                                                                              II_iWafflekins_II
[enter]

User Image

WE'LL[tab]MAKE[tab]YA[tab]SWOON,[tab]MAKE[tab]IT[tab]HURT[tab]JUST[tab]A[tab]LITTLE

THE WEST VERANO HIGH SCHOOL STAFF

Meet the faculty of West Verano High aka the ones who are responsible for your child's education. The staff at West Verano is a unique collection of teachers who are well qualified to educate high school students, however, some of them are a little cookier than others and while some are as sweet as apple pie, others won't hesitate to assign a 5,000 word paper for mouthing off in class.

This is by no means the entire list of NPC's/Staff members at West Verano High School, however, they are the basic ones that are necessary for most of the school's activities. To see which teachers teach what and when, you can find that in the "Class Roster" link in the post below. However, for those NPC's that are not listed in the class roster, they are listed below along with the roll that they play in the school.

Ms. Weldt - Guidance Counselor
                                                                  Coach Hence - Head Football Coach
                                                                  Coach Garnham - Cheer Coach
                                                                  Mr. Newhouse - Speech and Debate Teacher
                                                                  Officer Berstler - Head of Campus Security

User Image[x]User Image[x]User Image[x]User Image[x]User Image
[enter]

User Image

WE[tab]KNOW[tab]THE[tab]HALLS[tab]YOU[tab]WALK[tab]ARE[tab]UNFORGIVING

THE WEST VERANO HIGH SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS

Grades 9-12
                                                          Principal Monique Richmond
                                                          Mascott: Wilfred The Lion
                                                          School Colors: Orange and Black
                                                          Mission Statement: WVHS is committed to challenging and motivating each student to achieve excellence and become a responsible and valuable member of society.
                                                          Class Roster
                                                          School Sports
                                                          Clubs & Activities
                                                          Dress Code:
                                                          Since West Verano High School is a public institution, there are no school uniforms or anything of the sort. However, we expect students to present themselves in a way that represents WVHS and the students themselves in an appropriate manner. Therefore, shirts, hoodies and jackets depicting any type of drug or alcohol use are strictly forbidden as are garments that are associated with gang involvement or gang related activities. Furthermore, shirts, jackets, hoodies etc. portraying offensive slogans such as racial slurs, hate propaganda or anything alluding to things of a sexual nature are prohibited. Collars, bracelets and wrist bands with spikes are not allowed on school grounds as well as brass knuckles as they can be used as a weapon. Wearing pajamas of any kind is not acceptable unless we are having "Pajama Day". Hats and sunglasses are also off limits unless prescribed and are not to be worn unless it is "Hat day" or another spirit day that would allow for the use of sunglasses and/or hats. If you wear
                                                          unsuitable clothing to school, clothes from the lost and found will be provided to you and you are expected to return them at the end of the school day.

For the ladies, or those who choose to dress in what would be considered womens clothing, tops and/or dresses should be modest and not too low cut. Tops should not be so low that we can see your undergarments. They should also not be so short that it exposes your midriff. The same goes for pants. . .They should not sit so low that we can see your underwear. Skirts, dresses and shorts should be no shorter than your finger tips when your arms are placed at your sides. Shoes are at the wearers digression so long as they do not interfere with everyday activities.

For the gentlemen, or those who choose to wear what would be considered mens clothing, your shirts and pants should fit and not be excessively baggy. Sagging is not acceptable. Pants and/or shorts should fit properly and be worn at an appropriate height while undergarments are concealed beneath them. While tank tops are acceptable, shirts where the sleeves have been intentionally cut off are not school appropriate.
[enter]

User Image

WE'RE[tab]THE[tab]BOYS[tab]AND[tab]THE[tab]GIRLS[tab]AND[tab]THE[tab]FREAKS[tab]IN[tab]THE[tab]MIDDLE

THE SITES AND SOUNDS

Listed below are some places that are local to the Verano area. That being said, these are not "chain" establishments and therefore, you should assume that Verano has places like Applebees, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Panera Bread ( YUM! ), McDonalds, Taco Bell, Barnes and Noble, Starbucks, Walmart, Target, Kroger ( or any of its branches), etc. etc.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
[enter]

User Image

ITS[tab]NOT[tab]THE[tab]KIND[tab]OF[tab]PLACE[tab]TO[tab]FIND[tab]YOUR[tab]PLACE[tab]AMONG[tab]THE[tab]LIVING

DATE, TIME, WEATHER, UPCOMING EVENTS, ETC.

TODAY'S DATE: Thursday, October 9th
                                                          TIME: 8:OO AM
                                                          WEATHER: Sunny with Clear skies and a high of 89 degrees.

THE LOW DOWN FOR THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9TH ( AKA TODAY )
                                                          If you're not at school already, you should at least be on your way as the first bell is due to ring within the next ten minutes or so.

Its that magical time of the school year!! Home coming week! So show your school spirit by participating in today's spirit day: Hat and sunglasses day. So wear your craziest cap or pair of glasses.

There will be a homecoming pep rally held on the football field this afternoon. Fifth period will be cut short and 6th period will be cut entirely as the pep rally ends at the time that school would normally end.

During the pep rally, those who were voted to be on homecoming court at the beginning of the week will be recognized. Only senior students can be on homecoming court. . .There will be four queen candidates and four king candidates. With that in mind, at the bottom of this post is your ballot form. Once you have turned in your profile and the roleplay has opened, please fill out the ballot with your votes for homecoming court candidates and PM the ballot to me. Once I have tallied the votes, I will open a final pole to determine who our homecoming king and queen will be.

After the pep rally, each class will report to their designated areas and begin work on their homecoming floats that will be displayed and judged during the homecoming float parade tomorrow evening at half time.

THE LOW DOWN FOR FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10TH ( AKA TOMORROW )
                                                          It's homecoming day!!! Go West Verano Lions!!! Be sure to wear all of your black and orange apparel to show how proud you are to be a student at West Verano High School!

Classes are canceled all day Friday so each class can spend the duration of their school day putting together their homecoming float. However, when 1st bell rings, please report to your 1st period class and after attendance has been taken, your 1st period teacher will release you to resume work on your class's homecoming float.

The homecoming football game begins at 7:00 PM and it's the West Verano Lions vs. the South Agrestic Colts! Go Lions!!! Please note that if your character is a junior they will be stuck running the concession stand during the football game as the concession funds are being used to pay for prom this year and as tradition holds, the junior class pays for sponsors prom.

At half time, the homecoming floats will be judged and the class who has the best float in the judges opinion will be announced at the end of half time. After the floats have been judged, all of the homecoming court candidates will be presented on the football field and the king and queen will be crowned.

THE LOW DOWN FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11TH ( AKA HOMECOMING WEEKEND )
                                                          Saturday night is when the homecoming dance will be held. The dance begins at 8:00 PM and ends at 11:00 PM. It will be held in the school's gymnasium.

Dress code is formal. Girls wear appropriate dresses, boys wear button down collared shirts and slacks. Anyone not abiding by this dress code will not be allowed inside the dance.

Admission to the dance is 7 dollars for a single and 10 dollars for a couple. So if you haven't asked that special person to be your date, you better get to asking!

LOOKING AHEAD ( AKA UPCOMING EVENTS )
                                                          Auditions for the Annual School play will be held throughout the week of October 13th. For more information such as when auditions will be held, roles, the play itself, please attend the Drama Club meeting on Monday, October 13th. The meeting will be held during the lunch hour in the school's Main auditorium.

If you are a member of West Verano's Show Choir, practice for the annual Holiday Production begins the week of October 13th. Practice will be held every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after school at 3:30 in Studio A.

On Friday, October 17th, the annual Annville game will be held against our long term rival, East Majestic High School. Will the annville remain orange and black for another year of will the East Majestic Eagles win it back and paint it black and gold? The game will be held at East Majestic High School's football stadium so be sure to come out and support your lions as they taken on the East Eagles.

National Honor Society and Associated Student Government are teaming up to put on the holiday food drive. The food drive will last from October 27th through November 19th.

If you have any ideas for an upcoming event, please PM them to me! More ideas would be greatly appreciated!
[enter]

User Image

WE[tab]HAVE[tab]A[tab]PLAN[tab]WE'VE[tab]GOT[tab]THE[tab]MEANS[tab]FOR[tab]YOUR[tab]LIBERATION

RESERVE
[enter]

User Image

WE[tab]HAVE[tab]A[tab]PLAN[tab]WE'VE[tab]GOT[tab]THE[tab]MEANS[tab]FOR[tab]YOUR[tab]LIBERATION

RESERVE

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces