Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Kathleen inhaled slowly and took one of her ear buds out, glancing at the delicate watch dawning her wrist. "Show time." she huffed and tucked away her mp3 player. The students were finally filing into the auditorium and she fell in line, and made her way back to the stage. She nodded to the students already in their seats. The teachers were sitting patiently in their seats as well, except for the large man and an elvish girl. Kathleen found her seat again and waited patiently for the assembly to begin. Waiting for it to end is more like it.

Greedy Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
Jor Magand

Jor sighed as he finally had made it to the school grounds. He didn't like the notion of leaving his little swampy home to come to this institution but he at least would honor his mother's wishes and concerns. He slithered on in, his knife still holsterd and strapped to his body. He didn't feel safe in this environment in the slightest but he knew that it might scare some people. He debated with himself as he eventually found a corner to stash it in for now. He eventually followed the signs leading to the auditorium. Jor regally reared up as he entered the auditorium, still bare chested as most male naga would be he slithered on slowly gazing about to the other students he was passing until he found his seat, which was more of a large red plush cushion. He coiled up on it as he took yet another glance around, he was nervous more so now than ever.
Stanley walked up to the podium and cleared his throat. "Students and faculty may I have your attention please? Welcome to The School of Supernatural beings. I trust that all you students will be the best of best character to your ability as possible. And teachers, I expect the same as you. I want everyone to be fair and just with one another. This school is not one of judging, but of acceptance. We are all different. Now, after this assembly please go to the desk in the rear of the auditorium. Find your name and take the paper.It will have your schedule and dorm numbers on it. (Roleplayers, I will post student teacher dorm room numbers later.) But not quite yet. Please after the assembly take a chance to meet new students and teachers, the will be with you for the rest of the year. Once you've found your dorm after the assembly, drop off your things, then head to the dining hall for a special dinner. You will get the rest of the day to decorate your room in your dorms tomorrow. (Dorms are like houses and there is a living, dining, and game room, as well as kitchen and bathrooms. Each student gets their own room in their house to decorate as they please. Other rooms are decorated by Stanley and others.) Now, thank you. Enjoy your day today."Said Stanley as he sat back down. He was getting old. Standing up and doing speeches are not the best idea for him. He knew his time was coming but he wanted to finish this year. He let out a big breath as he leaned back relaxing. ((So, what do you guys think of Stanley? I tried to make him a mix of Albus Dumbledore and Charles Xavier.))

Dapper Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Acheron

Acheron shakes his head and glances sideways at the girl. He finds it amusing that her family relative is so worried that Acheron will hurt or do something to her. He relaxes slightly and turns to face them."If you were going for quiet, I can hear you perfectly. To be frank, I would be more worried about yourself then your sister. I am not one to hurt a lady or be easily angered by a woman's words. You and others of our gender are the ones I have problems with. So if you don't want to get on my nerves and be the focus of my anger I suggest you stop messing with the lady." His voice gets lower as if he is speaking a threat. Yet he doesn't really want to hurt the guy. Seems as though the guy is only trying to look out for his sister, but Acheron is waiting for the other shoe to drop. He doesn't trust the guy or any guy in general. Not even himself some of the time. He turns around when the elderly man goes and makes a speech. Once the man is done does Acheron get up and grab his bag which holds the few belongings that he chose to bring. He starts to make his way towards the back and gets his schedule before the rest. He starts to walk to the doors.

Dapper Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Silver Olivand

Silver glances at the stage as Stanley starts to speak. She tilts her head to listen better as it isn't well known that one of her ears can't hear as well as the other. She nods to the white haired teacher as she notices her. She wonders what that woman teaches. Maybe they could get along? Silver claps silently after Stanley is done speaking and goes to help keep the students in line. Making sure none are pushing or rough housing. Some guys watch her every move and she knows what they are thinking. Though she doesn't let it bother her as she has a job to do and if they do anything then she could give them detention. Let's just say that she is strict with her punishments.
Asmarelda caught up with Acheron. Avoiding her brother and everyone else, she just pushed by. She stopped behind him. And grabbed his shoulder. "I'm Mara, by the way."

Dapper Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Acheron

Acheron looks over his shoulder as Mara puts her hand on his shoulder after she caught up with him. "I'm Acheron, but if needed I can tolerate Ash." He looks at his schedule and at the dorm that he has been put into."Dorm 1? Would've been cooler if they used different names for the dorms like Winterfell house or Wolfspring. Just any interesting name would do. Though that is just my opinion." He looks behind him and turns to Mara with a raised eyebrow. His piercings catch the light and his tattoos shimmer."So, ditched your relative in the auditorium to catch up to me? Why?" He is slightly curious and since it is just Mara and him, he is more relaxed and kinder.

Greedy Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
Jor Magand

Jor glanced about once again not speaking a word even when the speech from the elderly looking man was finished. He was supposed to get a dorm assignment now, how peachy. He only hoped he was as far away from the others as possible. He slithered past to the end of the auditorium and took his sheet with his dorm number on it as he darted back to find his hidden knife and then slithered on his way to casually find the dorm while looking at the sheet every couple minutes or so just so he could memorize the location of the dorm so he wouldn't need that sheet anymore.

Winner

User ImageMarshall had stood off to the side of the podium, looking fidgety and uncomfortable as the elderly head of the school had made his speech. Assemblies weren't really his thing; neither was sitting still for long periods, or being indoors for that matter. As an Earth elemental he was much more accustomed to being outside, closer to nature. Even though he had his own dorm now he doubted he'd be using it much.

As uncomfortable as he'd been during Stanley's speech, he hadn't noticed the unwarranted hateful looks he'd been receiving from one of the students--which was actually pretty fortunate, since if he had he'd have probably started making childishly goofy faces in the centaur's direction just to get a rise out of him.

"All right kiddos, make way." The huge man boomed as he headed through the dispersing throng toward the front doors. "I hope everyone signed up for my Hand-to-Hand Combat class early, that one fills up fast. If not I'll see you in Earth Magic and Botany. I look forward to seeing you all later today." Unsurprisingly, he had little trouble getting through the crowd due to his size, and made his way outside to the school's front grounds.
]
*~Dezmond Hallowell~*

User Image

Dezmond found the old founders speech to be very interesting. "Equals, what garbage..." He muttered under his breathe. He turned form his seat and passed Shilo, and Azalea as fast as he could. He walked through the crowd with ease, not a single person touched him almostas if there was a certain force lightly around his body. He grabbed his dorm assignment and schedule. "Hmm..sharing dorms..how classy..." Dezmond walked towards the dorm rooms looking around noticing people meeting up with their roommates already. "I wonder who I was given the honor of rooming with...Dorm 1..." He muttered to himself. He looked up to notice and interesting couple walking what seemed like a centaur walking with a small girl. "Hm..." He muttered walking into the dorms and heading to dorm 1's door.
User Image

Kathleen didnt even realize when the assembly was over. She had drifted into the comforting hum of excited thoughts of the students. The only reason she noticed was the change in tone. More commotion. Standing, she headed toward the doors once again to go make sure her classroom...Well practice room is more appropriate she thought to herself, was set up and ready for her students. She wondered how many would be attending.

She made her way through the crowd and out into the court yard.

Winner

Halin_Princess

User ImageOut in the courtyard Marshall was kneeling in front of the massive oak tree planted in the central garden, one hand with fingers spread touching the soil between its far-spreading roots. Overhead the wide canopy of the ancient tree cast its shade across the courtyard, its boughs sighing softly in a warm breeze.
The Elemental's fingers glowed with a soft green hue, as did the soil he touched, a glow which spread outward in concentric rings that traveled up the trunk of the oak. Around him the grass seemed to straighten, the flowers grew a bit brighter in hue at his touch. His previous agitation had vanished, now he looked completely serene as he crouched on one knee with his head bowed and eyes shut.
Although he seemed to be concentrating, or perhaps meditating, he lifted his head and turned toward Kathleen as she entered the courtyard, as if he had heard her footsteps--or perhaps felt them through the earth.
"Not a bad turnout after all, was it." He said, giving her another jagged-toothed grin. "Though if I didn't respect Stanley so much I wouldn't have bothered showing up, myself."
Mara smiled widely. "Well,Ash very nice to meet you. Ya know if you want a more intresting dorm name you could just make one up with the rest of your dormmates." Mara admired the tattoos and piercings he had. She loved tattoos and piercings, she's only got as far as piercing her ears, nose, and lip. "Oh, Thomas? He's boring. Who would want to stay with him? You on the other hand, seem much more interesting."
Stanley came out to the courtyard to where two of his great teachers were. He smiled at them as he sat on a bench across from where they were. He enjoyed relaxing and the sunshine. He exhaled deeply looking up at the clouds. In his old age he has discovered that you appreciate these little things more when you get older.

Dapper Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Acheron

Acheron chuckles and shakes his head."By interesting you mean more dangerous right? Or just more mysterious. Which dorm are you in? It seems as I am put in Dorm 1." He starts to get a little restless in being in this form and it looks so nice outside. Maybe he will explore in a little bit. He doesn't know whether he wants to share what he is yet. Though if she tells him what she is then he will feel as though he has to tell her what he is. He can feel her looking at his tattoos and piercings and he grins."Marks of passage if your wondering what the tattoos and piercings are for."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff