Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Shapeshifter

7,200 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image
███ ██████ ████ ███ ████████ ████

The engine to a sleek black car ceased as the chauffeur stepped out and made his way to the passenger door. "Miss, we have arrived." his voice low as her offered his hand to the woman, her delicate hand reaching up to take his in her and stepping from out of the car she pushed her dark hair from her blue eyes and nodded to him. "Give grandfather my thanks for his hospitality." the car door shut behind her as she stepped forward "You are always welcomed home Miss." The chauffeur nodded to her and returned to the vehicle and drove off silently. Mina sighed to herself, grateful to be back at work away from the stress of her position in the clan and the vampire world. Students passing in their down time since orientation was starting. She made her way back to her room in the teachers dorm, her heels clicking upon the ground beneath her feet to hear a familiar and friendly welcome. Mina stepped through the door as Cedric her cat greeted her meowing. "Hello darling." her voice was melodic as she lifted him into her arms and walk to his bowl to feed him. Cedric of course proceeded to scarf down his food and all she could do was sigh. "I'll be back."

Leaving her room just as soon as she arrived, Mina walked down to the court yard but first had to check in at the office close to the main hall to inform them of her return. She noticed some of the students chatting with one another, rushing off to meet up with friends. She never really had any of that since her grandfather homeschooled her and ran off her only friend, who was a servant of their home. Pushing open the door the faculty and staff welcomed her back, "We will post a notice for your students, so they anticipate your return." Mina nodded with a friendly smile upon exiting towards the main hall once more.

M i n a x I s a b e l x D a a é

Romantic Prophet

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

L A W R E N C EX W I L D E R
                              ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Lawrence blinked up at her, tamper in hand. "I was at the Royal Society when the Red Controversy was being discussed," he said cryptically as he tamped the grounds into a smooth puck. "So the dog star..." He never went as far as to say it was his favorite, but he knew it well. The dog and the pup had followed him faithfully through many years.

This nameless stranger who was now in the sloppy heart of his research let her fingers light on the entirety of his life savings. A telescope, even a very old, very rickety telescope such as the one he had discovered in Ghulblood's observatory, bled money. Not being particularly talented at milking the alumni, and failing utterly to goad the former headmaster into pour anymore funding into a "pleasant diversion," Lawrence had taken the entirety of the project on himself. In most ways, he preferred the outcome.

"I've managed to replace most of the first surface mirrors, but there's still more work to be done before it could be used." Almost subtly, he relocated the stack of files occupying the sole chair. The saucer was an afterthought; it sat patiently waiting for the shot he had pulled. Lawrence set it with great care, before starting the process over again.

"I've seen you before," he ventured, not volunteering that he had spied her as recently as the hour before from a window not far off. "You're a third year." It wasn't a particularly impressive deduction; anyone in possession of a student code of conduct or a vague awareness of the uniform could have done as well, but Lawrence had been missing the first for many years and had only a tenuous grasp of the second.

He did not know why he mentioned it when he could have easily spent hours talking about stars. For all his years at the school, he knew next to nothing about the curriculum. "You may know of me," he said reluctantly. "They call me Wilder now."
                              PumpkinPhysics

KIT | THE OBSERVATORY

Alien Explorer

User Image
I'm Interacting With: Lawrence
Mood: Relief
OOC: I'm really sleepy, so I'm sorry for the shorter post

"I was at the Royal Society when the Red Controversy was being discussed, so the dog star..."

She watched him, curious, as he prepared his offering of hospitality. She scrunched up her nose, recognizing the event that he spoke of and strained to remember the exact year. Sometime in the 1750s and 60s, she decided. She gathered that he was at least as old as she was, maybe older. She gave him a sly smile at the mention of Sirius.

"Too bright." She said, turning back towards the telescope. "It demands much too much attention. I prefer the subtle, even if Betelgeuse can get pushy at times." She returned to marveling at the device.

"I've managed to replace most of the first surface mirrors, but there's still more work to be done before it could be used." He explained.

"It's so beautiful now. It would be wonderful to get to see it finished one day." She mused, indulging in her own faint fantasy. His follow-up nightmare of a statement snapped her line of thought like a twig.

"I've seen you before," She bristled at his words, and spun on her heel to face him. She'd hoped to have a clean slate with this person before starting their adventure. "You're a third year."

He added, and she relaxed. She realized that he hadn't been warmed of her, and must have just regarded her as a familiar face.

"You may know of me," he continued, and she waited for him to finish. "They call me Wilder now." She processed the name, burning it into her memory with great effort. She was horrible with names. She extended her arm for a handshake.

"Cyrus." She waited for him to respond to her gesture. "But unfortunately, I don't have many friends here," she paused, "any friends here, to pass on the information of strangers to me."

She gave him an embarrassed grin, but her words were light-hearted. She was just happy that stories of her chaotic mess-ups had yet to reach the ears of strangers.

D i a r y
User Image

xxxxxxJackal Smithxxxxxx
::::::::-:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    JUST SHOOTING FOR THE STARS
    YOU SHOT OFF YOUR MOUTH.
    ___ AND LOOK WHERE IT GOT YOU
    _________ ________________________________________________________________________________
    GOOD NEWS FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE BAD NEWS

Jackal took a breath as his arm was taken, ready for the sting of the bite but not for the man to suddenly look like a demon. He jerked back a bit but the arms held him still and suddenly he could hear his blood rushing past his ears. It was a dizzying experience to have a lot of his blood taken at once, but even as the other drank he could feel himself growing stronger. Even for a vampire once he was drained of almost all of his blood he became stronger and faster an ability he hadn't found out about until a short time ago and still left him a bit baffled at his weird vampire transformation. He took back his arm and instinctively cradled it to his chest. His whole demeanor seemed calmer and healthier now and he took a moment to wipe the rest from his face before lifting an eyebrow at the man.

"I don't know yet German maybe?... oh and thanks for the help." He moved his hands into his hoodie and tilted his head glaring at another telepathic invasion to his head. "That message things is really annoying..." He commented this under his breath but with the other so close well, he didn't mind. He almost wanted to pull his hood up and stay in this alcove until everything was over but, he had a teacher with him... so ditching wasn't an option.

"Well, off join the herd I guess." He scowled at the idea but turned walking out without even looking back at the other. He obviously wasn't used to being around people, his demeanor and posture not inviting in the least. He moved towards the assembly and stayed near the back not wanting to be front and center or stuck in the middle of everyone.

]
                    _______
                    User Image

Romantic Prophet

"I doubt associating with me will win you any," he said, somewhat unnerved by the tea weak hope in her crooked smile. These were the dog days of his immortality; he doubted there were many ways he could sink further into obscurity. If there had ever been admiration or fondness attached to his name, it was long lost. Even Akifumi was no longer here. An uncomfortable weight in his chest shifted; the old man had always given him grief.

He would have liked this: Lawrence Wilder falling over himself to entertain a student. The headmaster was the only regular visitor the observatory ever had, and there had been more than a few nights when he had looked up from his work to find the man beaming at him, as if his struggle was something infinitely amusing. It had been such a regular sight that Lawrence had grown irritably accustomed to it, so long after the ashes had scattered, he still found himself expecting his work to be interrupted by the smell of a pipe.

"It is good to meet you, Cyrus," he said, taking her hand firmly in his own. "I can't say I have much to offer you, but I suppose you're welcome to it." It wasn't as hard as he expected, but he was out of practice playing host to anyone. "Have a seat. It's much pleasanter when its warm. "

Somewhere distantly ripples of telepathic urgency were reverberating, but it was easy to ignore the world from the quiet shelter of the observatory. He lifted his own scalding cup to his mouth, wondering if his roommate was now jostling down the hall towards the crowded auditorium. "You're missing orientation," he announced archly. He could only assume she had planned to spend the time sprawled across a bench which no longer existed. "Don't you want to sing the school song?"
                              PumpkinPhysics

KIT | THE OBSERVATORY

Alien Explorer

User Image
Mood: Uncertainty
OOC: dodododo

"I doubt associating with me will win you any," he stated, seemingly preoccupied by his own thoughts. She wondered if he had the same problems that she did when trying to successfully interact with people.

"It is good to meet you, Cyrus," he said, answering her handshake. "I can't say I have much to offer you, but I suppose you're welcome to it. Have a seat. It's much pleasanter when its warm."

She stared at him slightly, her ears starting to get uncomfortably warm at the tips. She was terribly unaccustomed with acting as a house guest, and she became immediately nervous when her mind realized the possibility of messing up. Some of the smaller objects nearby shook slightly. Her eyes immediately targeted them, and she took in a tiny wisp of breath. They stopped. Relieved, she found nothing to have fallen or broken. Her heart hurt.

"Thank you," she said timidly. "Thank you so much. It's lovely."

She cradled her cup in her hands, smiling softly. Her hands warmed holding it. She moved cautiously away from the platform, holding her cup carefully. Even without her bizarre mental mayhem, she had a knack for breaking things with her own clumsiness. Her tiny steps finally transported her to the worn couch. She placed the cup on a small portion of free space on a nearby table. She sat at the end of the couch, so that her drink could remain within arm's reach. She looked over her shoulder towards Wilder, wondering if he planned on joining her. He raised his cup to his lips before he began to speak again.

"You're missing orientation," he told her, and a sharp frown appeared on her lips. "Don't you want to sing the school song?"

She grimaced, and turned her head to look at him again. Her smile was sardonic.

"Oh most certainly, but I'm just so self-conscious about my voice when Salheed sings. I just can't face such humiliation." The back of her hand flew to her forehead, as she struck a dramatic pose and fell backwards on the couch. She collected herself quickly and straightened her skirt out before speaking again.

"Besides," she began quietly, "I'm not sure if I should stay or not. I'm one of the few people that came here myself. I think I might have worn out my welcome."

Her gaze shifted downwards and she reached for her cup, taking a tiny, silent sip.

"You don't seem to mind being absent, though." She tossed him a forced smile.

D i a r y

Lazy Cat

11,650 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Waffles! 25
User Image

Leo stood outside the auditorium doors. Ushering slow students into the room. Sighing in boredom, he swayed his arms back and forth like a pendulum.
"Ugh! Can this get anymore boring?"
Hmmmm...Leo thought to himself, I wonder if anybody will miss me if I just...leave...Nah...better not. Don't want to ruffle that stuffy old German's feathers. Speeking of which, I would have expected him by now. Orientation is just about to start and he is after all....the "epitome" of good teacherhood. Greeting more and more students, ushering them in, winking at a few of the ladies, Leo thought of what better things he could be doing right now. Like perhaps actually setting up a curriculum that he has not yet started. Meh...curriculum schmiculum....don't need curriculum to study literature. Just need the students to actually read. Clapping his hands together and putting on one of grandest smiles that he could muster, in his boredom, he greeted the rest of the student body.

With: students
Mood: boredom
OOC: Sorry I haven't been around, had family stuff to deal with, and a cat to take to the vet.

Lazy Cat

11,650 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Waffles! 25
User Image

Finishing her third "juice box" Ana threw the container out. She didn't think that she was very hungry when she first came to the cafeteria, but she was wrong. She figured that due to the stress of leaving her quiet home, traveling to an academy with lots of people, and essentially having to deal with those people, she had become quite hungry. At least the school provided sustenance. She hadn't hunted humans in over 20 years, and didn't want to start anytime soon, preferring that they be packaged. She never liked touching humans after her transformation. They made her feel dirty, especially when she had no other choice but to go for the ones that were poor and dirty. She preferred to keep her hands and clothes clean.
Anna passed by a suspicious, yet bored, looking Frenchman and sat down on one of the nearest chairs. At least her exit was close, that way she could leave right away.

With: students
Mood: Nervous
OOC: crying I can't think at 5 in the morn! Next week I'll be going back to working days, so I won't be on this early. I prefer to work nights though. I'm a night owl type of gal. Well, off to bed for me.

Romantic Prophet

User Image

JAKOB
THETRAMP

Long after she had disappeared into the crowd, Jakob felt Mara's hazy presence in his veins. Rarely did he share blood in such a way; the method was too familiar to be practiced in the streets, where every meal was hard fought and dangerous, and Goethe was adamantly against it. More than once he had spoken of the incestuous blood mixing practices of the royals. All of this weighed on him now. It had been hard to resist, and at Mara's bidding he had found himself compelled to drink.

Karen also seemed changed by encounter. She sat quietly mumbling to herself as if she could not understand how she had come to such a place. Even her own hunger confused and distressed her as if she were freshly turned."Wait here," he said to her as he rose onto his freshly mended feet.

As it turned out, the cafeteria was not hard to find: the smell of blood and bleach permeated there. To him, the juice boxes seemed unappetizing. The were not soft, warm, or writhing, and the straw was a foreign object entirely. Still, he gathered an armful, much to the gaping dismay of the line worker.

Finding Karen once again, he piled the packets into her lap, until she had more than enough blood to last her a month."If you don't drink regularly, you are a danger to yourself and others," he said tearing the corner of a box open with his teeth. Drinking deeply from it, he then passed it to Karen. "When you don't act with control and purpose, they'll force you, and then you lose the power to choose. It's better not to hesitate." His words had grown monstrously cryptic, but whenever he tried to speak of the Sephirah or the pact, he found himself unable to do so directly.

"Orientation is starting soon." He wanted to find Alicia, and the more he tried, the more impossibly the task seemed. The school was maze of requirements and limitations; its students were even more strange and incomprehensible. The entire experience left him with more questions than answers. Jakob could only hope that orientation would explain."Drink. We're going to be late."

Geekie-chan
                                                          Saya-4XD

OOC: LET'S ALL MEET AT ORIENTATION?
                                                          ___________________________________________________________________________________

WITH KAREN IN THE STAIRWELL

Romantic Prophet

"My absence is as much a tradition as the ceremonies themselves," he said as he settled next to her on the sagging green velvet."When people disdain the idea of your existence, you learn not to show up at their parties." He drank his coffee and looked out over his island of borrowed materials. Any trouble that had arisen from their absence had always been smoothed out by the former headmaster, but now that the granddaughter was plodding about in his shoes, he wondered if his welcome would also quickly wear thin. When she finally learned to manage the beast, would she stomp up to evict him?

The silence grew weedy around the pair. That either of them was here in this academic no man's land was certain evidence of their disconnect. Lawrence hadn't failed to notice how objects shuttered in her presence as if they knew something he did not. He doubted she was exaggerating her isolation; if she had even a single friend, she never would have followed him across a blistering roof.

"I assume you came here for some reason," he said finally surfacing from his thoughts. "Is that easy to let it go?"

When he had first arrived so many years ago, he had never expected to stay for longer than a term. Now there was no other place for him. All of his outside endeavors had slowly withered away; the fortunes that he had squandered on his own isolated interests no longer supported any luxury. After the first year, he had sold off all property associated with his name. What could he do but hold firm?

He studied her. What did she have waiting outside the school? Unpleasantness, he guessed. She didn't hold herself like a woman who was well loved: she didn't look at people. He didn't see any reason for it though. Almost intuitively she had slipped into his space, and it wasn't the burden he had expected it to be. She fit well on the other end of the couch, and he found himself increasingly preoccupied with the notion that she might leave.

"Just stay," he said hesitantly. "It's a good year to view Orion."
                              PumpkinPhysics

KIT | THE OBSERVATORY

Alien Explorer

User Image
Mood: Despair? Despair.
OOC: monologues, yaaaaay

"My absence is as much a tradition as the ceremonies themselves," he explained himself so casually, but the sudden company next to her on the couch shook her. "When people disdain the idea of your existence, you learn not to show up at their parties."

She frowned, and her heart constricted. She wondered what similarities they shared. She allowed herself the luxury of studying him. He seemed a bit prickly, but his wistfulness showed a potential softness inside. Maybe he was a sea urchin. She suspected that she might be projecting, and returned her attention to her tiny cup.

The quietest portion of Kit's consciousness pondered when she had first allowed herself to be defeated by her own anxieties so easily. It was becoming a habit. A strong silence formed between the two, and it made her vaguely nervous.

"I assume you came here for some reason. Is that easy to let it go?" He asked, plunging a sudden spike into the quiet.

She looked towards him sharply from the edge of her vision. She remained quiet, and took another tentative sip of the warm coffee. Kit was never particularly skilled at reading the motives of others, and a struggle for the appropriate reaction began. She tried to meet his eyes, but found that she couldn't. He intimidated her.

"Just stay. It's a good year to view Orion."

Her head turned towards him mechanically, as she temporarily malfunctioned. Her default setting restored itself, almost like a children's toy. Word vomit was coming. Without looking away, she drained the last of her drink, and the cup floated shakily away before thankfully finding safety on the table behind her. She pulled her legs up onto the worn sofa, quickly shuffling her body so that she was on her knees and facing him directly. She sighed, and finally shifted her cautious eyes. She surveyed his face, testing it for signs of deception.

"You've shown me more hospitality in these few moments than I have experienced in quite awhile." Her words were flat and she paused, lingering while she gathered a proper explanation. "But this place," she paused, and a sad, earnest smile lit up her face. She lifted her arms to gesture around her purposefully. "This place is magic. It's wonderful. Everything is worn and imperfect, and welcoming, and I love it. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." She looked away again, and a bitter tone added edge to her voice.

"But I am not a traditional student in this place. I have been here much longer than what is considered appropriate. Akifumi was... very kind. His granddaughter, however, doesn't seem so merciful. Strictly speaking, she's not very sympathetic of my condition."

She turned back to face him again, and leaned forward slowly, lowering her voice as if to share a secret.

"I wreck almost everything that I come into contact with."

She pulled back, returning to her side of the couch. She tucked her wild hair behind her ear and flipped it to one side. She wanted to look at him without hiding behind it.

"This place is my home." She pulled herself inwards and wrapped her arms around her legs, hugging herself. "I don't want to hurt it. I don't want to hurt this place. I don't want to break the magic."

D i a r y

Romantic Prophet

Lawrence watched her fold into herself like a wounded animal as she spoke reverently of the school, and immediately knew he had asked the wrong questions. Had he been accustomed to it, he might have comforted her or assured her that nothing could change. Many of staff members were people capable of such delusion. At this moment, he was not remotely equipped.

Instead found himself reminded of a conversation that had occurred not so long ago on a summer evening. It was one of the very few that he still remembered with any clarity, though he and the headmaster had spoken a thousand times on such topics. Perhaps the words came so easily because it was the last time he ever saw the man living. "Magic is not delicate," he admonished, setting his own cup aside. "It draws strength from unlikely places."

After weeks of research, he had been no closer to answering his questions, and Lawrence had sought out Akifumi in part to air his frustrations. When the man offered up magic as the solution, he had exploded, furious that he had not been taken seriously.

"It's much too fluid for my tastes, but universal sympathy honors sacrifice. Long before you or I ever crossed the gate, someone intended to create a sanctuary here. It's not accidental. He was artful about it."

What had been taken? What had been lost? How and when had he decided that this of all things was what he had wanted? And did he know towards the end? Had Akifumi suspected? There were so many questions Lawrence still had, and they would never be answered.

"He would never have made something that would hurt the people who needed it, and he would have never wasted his time on a respite that could withstand hardship. This isn't a place for sunny days, Cyrus."

He looked at her. She was so full of doubt, so afraid.

"We live too long, and none of us can do it gracefully."

For first time since he had met her, he smiled. It was a weak effort, but then he had never expected to be consoling anyone. He just wished he could put some easiness back in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm rambling."

Call it harmony with nature, or science if you must, Lawrence, but there's power in it. You have to see it clearly. Stop obsessing over the details, and you'll see how things are connected. That's your magic. It's stronger than you think.

PumpkinPhysics

KIT | THE OBSERVATORY

Alien Explorer

User Image
Mood: excited
OOC: sorry, crap post, I was distracted. gah

Kit listened to his explanations intently, staring at his eyes and absorbing his words. She felt strangely connected to him, and after giving it thought, found her conclusion. They both spoke frankly about gloomy subjects, oozing casualness in order to avoid being too intense. However, there was a wistfulness about their speech that always provided sad subtext.

"We live too long, and none of us can do it gracefully." He finished.

He presented her with a smile. It was such a simple gesture, but it was deeply reassuring, somehow. She smiled back without thinking.

"I'm sorry. I'm rambling."

He had found the magic word. A massive, stupid grin plastered itself onto her face immediately. It seemed to dominate her entire expression. She crawled closer towards him on the couch. Every movement she made was always dramatically animated, and she had long ago accepted that she was a shameless fidget.

"I love rambling."

She swung around on the couch so that she could sit properly once again, and rooted her feet to the floor. She collected herself, pulling her skirt back into place and straightening her posture. Her hands fell into her lap.

"Katherine Ramona Scarlet Cordelia Cyrus IV." She declared. "That's my name. I want you to have it." She shifted anxiously about on the velvet, stealing a sideways glance at him before looking forward again. "I tell people to call me Kit, but I want you to have my name."

D i a r y
User Image

ғєℓɪӿ σ'cσииσя

╠═══════════════════════════════╣

CAUTION: Unstable Environment!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The sight of the Academy struck awe inside the raven haired kid. He stood there with a backpack, suitcase and a satchel that hung off his left shoulder. Being a vampire for only fifty years scared him slightly, but his mind told him to be strong and fight the nerves. "You're brave and you know it!" he mumbled aloud. Other than this time of day being beautiful no matter what, he couldn't help but look up to the sky and then back to the school. He looked behind him, seeing if he could remember stupid things like what exact areas did his feet touch. All in all, he stood there, procrastinating. He didn't want to go in, but he didn't want to stay out. Just go in, no one is around to see you Felix! he thought.

Felix walked inside with no clue as to where to go. He made sure to grab all he was given and look around, seeing only a couple of students walking by, heading to a main room. What room was it? He didn't know. So he adjusted his backpack and satchel, and dragged the suitcase as he followed them, finding a teacher greeting students in. This teacher had blonde hair and weird clothing. Wait, is he a teacher? Felix asked himself in his mind.

With: A Weird Dressed Teacher

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OOC: Here's my introduction inside the RP cat_3nodding

Zaggnita

Intergalactic Kitten

14,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
User Image
ıllıllı αℓιcια εvαηgεℓιηε тεмρεsт ıllıllı

tab tab Alicia graced his reply with a small but friendly smile before leaving the room. She made her way steadily to where she remembered the cafeteria was. It was not a place she often liked to visit - the distinct scent of blood was a bit too unnerving for her taste. Still, the gentle prod of eminent hunger was present in her gut, and she knew even just the smallest of snacks would help stave it off. She said nothing to her companion on the way, preferring to walk in easy silence while simultaneously avoiding getting crushed by the ever present rush of students.

tab tab By the time she had made the painfully slow progress to the cafeteria, it was already nearing eleven o'clock, about time for the orientation to begin. Tardiness had never been a habit of hers, even if she did enjoy taking her time, so Alicia headed straight to the counter. After politely greeting the worker there, she chose the smallest packet of blood she could find. As she took mental note to later ask the headmistress if Alicia could later on bring in some home-packaged blood - she had long since lost the taste for any blood other than the one she had at home - she turned away from the counter and sipped lightly at the packet.

tab tab The taste of the metallic liquid staining her mouth, she glanced around inquisitively, as she was wont to do. When she was finished, she turned to Fallon. "Perhaps we should head to the orientation hall now? Madame Nagi hates it when students are late."

With: Fallon
                                                    Mood: A little disgusted with herself
                                                    OOC: No more class~~!!! 8D And I agree to all of us meeting at the orientation if you guys agree ^u^

Marsupials R Us

D i a r y

Geekie-chan

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out