Welcome to Gaia! ::

If slots were available would you want to join?

I'm already in the role-play 0.46666666666667 46.7% [ 7 ]
I'd love to join! 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 4 ]
//poll whore 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 15 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Dapper Informer

User Image

████████████████████████████████████████████████

creator ; f r o y o__ DEUX
                images ; zerochan.net
                literacy level ; lazy literate
                genre ; original, supernatural, and high school
                status ; accepting characters

if you are interested in joining please read everything below so there will be no confusion!
                **currently we are full but should anyone drop I will reopen slots! **

ic xxx ooc xxx pt xxx schedules

⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮ ⋱ ⋮

Dapper Informer

User Image

Dear whomever it may concern,

High school is indeed a difficult time for youth. It's a time to prepare for your journey into the
                                        real world. It is a time of great frustrations and changes but we know that for you there are
                                        more changes happening than what your peers might face. Changes that no human could ever
                                        understand.

We hope that you come to enjoy your stay at Teras academy. The entire faculty understands the
                                        hardships that one must face at your age on a normal basis. And when you add supernatural
                                        abilities… it can get rather rough. Which is exactly why the staff does everything they can to
                                        make this experience, this transition, a good one. Now, we do ask that you arrive a day before
                                        the start of classes and get situated. Some of you have requested keys sent to you prior to your
                                        departure for Teras, but for those who did not, we ask that you head to the main office and ask
                                        the secretary for your dorm key and assignments.

████████████████████████████████████████████████ Sincerely,
                                        ████████████████████████████████████████████████ Headmistress

Dapper Informer

User Image

While Teras Academy is meant to be a high school for supernatural beings something isn't
                                        quite right. Most schools fill students' heads with knowledge before sending them off to the real
                                        world but that's not the only thing that seems to go on at this academy. The teachers pass on
                                        what they know to their students during classes but when the bell rings and the rest of the day
                                        is in the students' hands? Well, things seem to go amiss. Why, one day the students woke up as
                                        the opposite gender! And less than a month after that the found themselves behaving
                                        differently than they normally would. Just what is it with this academy? Is there a mysterious
                                        springs far below the surface, leaking it's twisted magic into the school? Or are the teachers not
                                        as innocent as they look?

Only time will tell...

Dapper Informer

User Image

l i t e r a c y
                                        this is a lazy literate roleplay
                                        posting minimum is 250 words
                                        use proper grammar & no one liners

My hopes for this roleplay is to keep it simple. I don't want to spend hours writing posts nor do I want to spend hours reading them. While I wish for relaxed posts I don't want quality to be sacrificed as well. Please only join if you can create interesting characters, develop them, and further the plot. Things should be interesting and fun ; without stress from a high minimum word count. Being able to use proper grammar is also important so that others can read and understand your post but I'm not going to be a huge stickler for it. English isn't everyone's first language. I will be strict about anyone who posts one liners. You cannot further a plot and develop your character (or their relationships) in a single line.

p o s t i n g
                                        required posts a week? one
                                        if you're going to be gone let everyone know by posting in the ooc
                                        pretty posts required? just an image, name, and race.
                                        no page stretching images, no blinding font colors, and no icon images
                                        post in third person past and avoid large font sizes
                                        ooc to be kept in the ooc thread or at the end of your post if needed
                                        cursing is allowed, but not every other word ; limit it

Being a college student myself I understand that life can get stressful, especially this time of year, and I understand that being required to post an excessive amount of times a week is stressful. I am a serious believer that roleplaying should be fun and without stress, thus I only want a post a week. But I am not going to be a stickler about that either. I'm not your babysitter. You are responsible for yourself and your posts. Of course, if I don't hear from you in, say 2 weeks, I will quote you in the ooc or send you a PM and make sure you are still interested. Please do not hesitate to say no; I'd rather the roleplay be filled with those who have time for it than those who feel horrible that they don't. As for posts themselves? I enjoy simplicity so I only demand a picture of your character (no page stretching and no icons), their name, and their race. Anything else you add is your choice. Though, please make sure that the amount of text in your format doesn't outweigh your post. I don't enjoy hunting for the only section I am interested in. It should go without saying, but I will say it anyhow, please no blinding font colors. Speaking text should be "bolded" and in your choice of color. Thinking text should be "italicized". Colors optional.

c h a r a c t e r s
                                        no mary sues or gary stus ; make your characters flawed
                                        anime pictures only ; no semi-realism
                                        this roleplay takes place in america
                                        keep things diverse ; I don't want 100+ a*****e characters and 1 nerd… okay?

I am tired of school based roleplays that get overrun by one type of character. There are so many types of people in the world and I'd like for that to be shown in this roleplay. Not everyone has had a difficult past, not everyone has an overly optimistic outlook on life, and not everyone is stronger than everyone else. Which is the reason for the powers & weaknesses section of the profile. What is listed there are the only powers that should be used in the roleplay. This is to try and place limits on all characters and allow for more even fighting. At least that is my hope. I am going to be a stickler on the images as well too. I know it seems a little a*****e-ish but I'm tired of seeing the same 10 or so images used in barton town. Find interesting character designs, interesting images, ones that aren't usual. Perhaps an image will spark an interesting idea.

p r o f i l e s
                                        no reserves… just send the profile please.
                                        if you are denied ; act like an adult and move on
                                        fill out the profile completely, correctly, or go away
                                        I am the only one to post the profiles in the profile thread
                                        maximum number of characters per person ; n/a
                                        at least one of them must be male
                                        match your character's picture to their personality
                                        title your profile PM ; "Teras Academy Cadet" or it'll be ignored

Typically I demand reserves first to see if a character is one that could add to the roleplay before making the roleplayer go through the extensive profile but since the profile is short I will not be doing that this time. I am also putting trust into those who apply. If you know you aren't at a competent level, or you can't get away from massively clichéd characters, it is on you not to apply. I will still be checking samples, of course, but I can only check grammar, spelling, and literacy from samples. Essentially what I am saying is that I trust you to only apply if you know you are capable of handling what I have listed in this post or not applying if you know you cannot. I will allow an unlimited number of characters per person but please only take on a high number if you can handle them all. Again, I am not a babysitter. It has been written above but I want to say it again, please oh please, fill the profile out complete and correctly! I will not tell you if the coding has been messed up, you missed something, etc. It is on you to do that. Rushing a profile is never a good thing. In fact, there shouldn't be a reason for you to rush. I will add more characters if needed. So please take your time.

c o n d u c t
                                        follow gaia's terms of service
                                        no cybering so use time skips ; PG-14
                                        make fights fair ; if you need help deciding who wins? roll dice in the ooc
                                        keep the drama in the ic ; keep it the hell out of my ooc

Gaia's T.o.s should be followed as well. Cybering is not allowed in the roleplay, so use time skips or fade to black, and it is not allowed in the private message system. If you need to read those sorts of scenes go to fanfiction.com or fictionpress.net. There are other ways of developing character relations; use them. Also, I do not want to have people getting into actual arguments in the ooc over who wins a fight. If you cannot come to an agreement roll dice. And if, by some stupid logic, that doesn't work I'll do it for you. Now, if you don't think you can play fair in terms of fights then I kindly ask that you don't join. Better to avoid an argument than to have one happen that ruins the fun, yes?

b a s i c s
                                        no insta - romance ; it's not realistic at all
                                        remember, this is a school! teachers do roam around at random
                                        there is no such thing as claiming characters
                                        just because you talk to someone first does not make them yours
                                        please add drama ; any minor plot twists are allowed
                                        major ones need to be approved by me
                                        PM me if you are unsure about your idea

Anyone who's roleplayed with me long enough knows exactly how much I hate insta-romance. It is not realistic, it is not fun, it doesn't allow for any sort of character development, and it gets on my nerves. So don't do it. Relationships don't just happen. They evolve! No one falls in love with someone without knowing anything about them. Animes don't count. I will also not tolerate claiming characters. Just because you spoke to someone first doesn't mean that person is destined to be yours. Nor do they have to. As such I am going to be a little pissed if an excessive amount of plotting happens. You are free to form friendships and pasts between characters and future events, on occasion, but I will not tolerate a s**t load of plotting. It can ruin roleplays, I've seen it happen. As such please feel free to come up with plot twists. You are only required to get my approval if it will affect the entire roleplay/everyone else.

c l a r i f i c a t i o n
                                        I, f r o y o__ DEUX, am in charge
                                        respect everyone in the roleplay ; new and old
                                        PM me if you have any questions or post a comment in the ooc
                                        I have the right to add or change rules as I see fit

I will not tolerate fighting or drama in the ooc. If you disagree with someone leave it at that. Agree to disagree. Don't argue, don't belittle someone else, and don't start arguments for any reason. Roleplays are like family. There will be people that get on your nerves, people who you adore, and people who have different opinions than yourself. But just like a family (nondysfunctional) you are to accept it and let it be. I doubt that you'd tell your grandmother to go ******** herself or to suck your d**k. So don't do that here.

Dapper Informer

User Image

fill this in completely and correctly! Read the rules to know what you need to title your PM.
                                        PMs without the title will be ignored. Incomplete profiles will be ignored as well.

blank form example & code;

NAME ( in caps )
                                        User Image

race: check to see if it's taken first please!

orientation: all orientations welcome

year: freshmen, sophomore, junior, or senior

powers: max; 3

weaknesses: min; 2

personality: just list 4-5 adjectives please

username: your username

[size=24][url=LINK TO SAMPLES PLEASE]NAME ( in caps )[/url][/size]
                                        [imgleft]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/020/b/d/img_by_yuki_kyroche-d5s5e8m.png[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=9]
                                        [color=COLOR1][b]age:[/b][/color] 14 - 19 only

[color=COLOR1][b]race:[/b][/color] check to see if it's taken first please!

[color=COLOR1][b]gender:[/b][/color] male or female

[color=COLOR1][b]orientation:[/b][/color] all orientations welcome

[color=COLOR1][b]year:[/b][/color] freshmen, sophomore, junior, or senior

[color=COLOR1][b]powers:[/b][/color] max; 3

[color=COLOR1][b]weaknesses:[/b][/color] min; 2

[color=COLOR1][b]personality:[/b][/color] just list 4-5 adjectives please

[color=COLOR1][b]username:[/b][/color] your username [/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Dapper Informer

User Image

User Image

o1; main office -
                                        o2; lounge 1 (2nd floor) & 2 - () &
                                        o3; pool -
                                        o4; auditorium -
                                        o5; library & ballroom - &
                                        o6; cafeteria (inside) & dining hall - () &
                                        o7; gymnasium -
                                        o8; fountain -
                                        o9; bridge (leads to field) -
                                        1o; male dorm rooms -
                                        11; female dorm rooms -

Dapper Informer

User Image

f e m a l e s
                                        01; xxx sophie white x & x olive innerot
                                        04; xxx tira'allara x & x amaya emori
                                        07; xxx charolette de l'ibis x & x kamra aitheria
                                        10; xxx melanie montois x & x misora amehana

m a l e s
                                        02; xxx saxton white x & x justin cruz
                                        05; xxx scott white x & x ren kimura
                                        08; xxx gabriel korbinian x & x maurice bishop
                                        11; xxx kevin hwang x & x hiroshi katsuro

c o - e d
                                        03; xxx skylar white x & x alexander kaspin
                                        06; xxx hannah delacroix x & x Choi, Jun Hong
                                        09; xxx elizabeth nightroad x & x caleb young
                                        12; xxx misora hihoo x & x alexander calloway

Dapper Informer

User Image

president; taken
                                        vice president; taken
                                        secretary; open
                                        orchestrator; taken
                                        freshman representative; taken
                                        sophomore representative; taken
                                        junior representative; taken
                                        enforcer; taken
                                        nurse's aid; taken & taken

president; (18 or 19) the head of the student body council. They alone hold the most power over the rest of the student body. They are popular and respected by many students. They were the ones who placed him in power after all.
                                        xxxxx amaya emori

vice president; (17+) the second in command. They aren't as popular as the President, but they are damn close. When the President is absent they take over; though only for as long as the President is absent. They have high authority over everything just as the President does.
                                        xxxxx scott white

secretary; (14+) the one who is responsible for all the data. They keep track of the school's funds for events, help plan such events, keep track of holidays/vacations, and are the ones to go to when you're looking for something in particular. They are also extremely social.
                                        xxxxx open

orchestrator; (14+) the one in charge of all school events; fundraisers, carnivals, you name it, they control it. Although the council plans everything as a whole, the person who puts those plans into action is this guy. They make the flyers, get the catering, entertainment, and decorations, and turn it into the production it was planned to be. They're usually the most creative out of all the council members.
                                        xxxxx sophie white

freshman representative; (14 or 15) exactly what their title means. They are the one who bring the issues facing the Freshman grade to the attention of the President, Vice President, and the rest of the council. They don't have much power, simply due to their spot on the grade food chain. But that doesn't stop them from speaking up in meetings.
                                        xxxxx misora hihoo

sophomore representative; (15 or 16) the single voice speaking for the entire Sophomore grade. They bring the troubles of the Sophomore students to the lime-light during council meetings. They hold more power than the Freshman Rep. but they're still fairly low on the grade food chain. Not that that stops them from raising their voice to be heard.
                                        xxxxx choi, jun hong

junior representative; (16 or 17) the hero of the Junior grade. They alert the council to the horrible issues plaguing the Junior class. Unlike the Freshman and Sophomore Representatives, they have little issue being heard. But they still face their share of problems when settling problems pertaining to the Junior students.
                                        xxxxx kevin hwang

enforcer; (16+) the order keeper, or peace keeper. They are the ones who are feared by a majority of all the students at the school. They enforce the rules, laws, laid down by the Student Council. They are the ones who do the council's "dirty work". They aren't very social, considering they've busted almost every person at the school at some time or another.
                                        xxxxx maurice bishop

nurse's aid; (14+) what school doesn't have an over worked nurse? The nurse's aid is the student who takes pity on the woman and chooses to help her out. They get to skip one period in their day and hang out in the nurse's office looking after students. Of course, they also have to help with inventory and other small tasks the nurse is supposed to take care of.
                                        xxxxx kamra aitheria
                                        xxxxx misora hihoo

Dapper Informer

User Image

sex ed day
                                        homecoming dance
                                        gender bender day
                                        personality switch
                                        family day
                                        school fair
                                        cultural festival
                                        no uniform day
                                        new year
                                        valentine's day
                                        masquerade ball
                                        sleepover
                                        chained together
                                        cupid day
                                        truth or dare
                                        battle of the sexes
                                        camping trip

sex ed day; uh oh. It seems as though the teachers have gotten it into their heads that students never received 'the talk' from their parents. They've scheduled a mass assembly for the day and are determined to fill students in. On every. Single. Detail. Oh, and the assembly is mandatory. Guess students should start preparing themselves for the uncomfortable tension that'll undoubtably come when they're all stuck inches apart in the auditorium.

homecoming dance; what's a school without a dance! The headmistress has been preparing this since the end of the previous year. In fact the ballroom has been decorated from top to bottom; streamers, balloons, punch… what's this? It seems as though some of the students have been suspiciously loitering around the punch bowl. Should the others be worried? Probably...

gender bender day; an explosion in the science department has caused a large purple fog to settle on the school grounds. Hey! What's this? Seems the students have fainted. Guess the nurse is over due for a little overtime- wait. It seems that the students… have suddenly switched genders? Oh this can't end well.

personality switch; another explosion from the science department? Not this time. It seems one of the teachers has gotten a little bored with the way the school's been acting. A little magic and suddenly the students are acting far from normal! They've all gone nuts. Quiet types are swearing and getting into trouble, jocks are cowering in fear from bunnies… Where's the headmistress when you need her?

family day; wasn't school supposed to be the place to get away from your family? Guess not. Apparently the headmistress has secretly invited parents, siblings, cousins, etc. to the school! Oh man, how are the students supposed to keep their dignity with great aunt sheila pinching their cheeks! Time to find those golden hiding places and put them to use.

school fair; there's a basketball team? When did we get a mathlete's team? And why did it take the school fair for them to be noticed? Seems like the headmistress thought a little publicity for the clubs at the school never hurt. Time to sign up for that one club you never knew about… what's the name? Chess club? Who knows. But it seems like it might be useful… maybe?

cultural festival; with students from all over the world what sort of a school could resist the cultural festival? Speeches from students explaining the political and economical factors to their countries, graphs with the number of immigrants- as if! It's time for a festival all about the culture of other countries. Food, games, and music selected by the students themselves to showcase where they come from. No reports in sight.

no uniform day; it's nothing fancy but who doesn't like a day free from that boring uniform? No mandatory skirts, no boring colors, no pants… Wait a minute. Hey! You don't have to wear your uniform today but you still have to wear clothes! Time to start writing kids up for streaking...

new year; looks like everyone made it through the first half of school. Time to celebrate with a day off. Along with a new years dance. But what is this? Seems the headmistress is up to something… Is that mistletoe? That can't be right. This isn't the holiday for that. What on earth are the teachers up to now?

valentine's day; also known as singles awareness day. Uh oh. What's this card taped to my door? A date? Set up by the staff? There's no way this can end well... Wasn't this supposed to be a normal school?

masquerade ball; another card on the dorm doors. Can't the staff give the students a break? Apparently not. Seems like students have been assigned a color and are to find their partner, another student with said color, at the dance. Of course there's a catch! No one's allowed to give their names and everyone is to wear masks. You'd think the students would be used to this by now….

sleepover; sports? Ha! Looks like the staff has a better use for the gym. A mass sleepover with all the students packed into the same room. But wait… if the staff planned this, where did they go? And why can't anyone open the door? Don't tell me- looks like everyone's been locked in! Better hope you don't have to pee...

chained together; there really is something wrong with this school. A mandatory assembly by the headmistress has informed everyone that the school's in need of a trust exercise. So everyone's being chained to a partner for a certain amount of time. Oh, and you don't get to choose your partner. That's the staff's job. Isn't this illegal?

cupid day; can't the students get a break? Just why do the staff keep planning these events? Not this time. Seems the science department had another accident. One that involves flying arrows and mismatched students. The jock fell in love with the nurse. The cheerleader fell in love with the geek. How on earth are we supposed to fix this one!

truth or dare; seems normal enough. Except that the staff planned the event. Just what sort of dares are written on those little pieces of paper? And why haven't students dropped out yet? Everyone's stuck in the gym once again for a giant game of truth or dare. With one exception. Anyone who picks dare gets to draw theirs out of the cauldron sitting in the center of the room… So, who wants to go first?

battle of the sexes; the staff got into an argument… and apparently the students have to help. Who's the better sex? Men or women? Well, it's up to the students to figure it out. A battle royal is about to go down on campus with a giant game of tug-o-war, treasure hunt, and… wrestling? Just what sort of a competition is this?

camping trip; what does the staff have planned now? Students are expected to pack their things and be ready to spend the weekend… on a mountain? Is this some sick game? Please tell me that the staff is staying around this time… Does anyone have a sleeping bag I can borrow? Time to hope we all survive.

Dapper Informer

User Image

a lot of supernatural roleplays gets overrun with one or two races. To prevent this I'm only allowing one character per race. There are
                                        a super vast majority of myths, legends, and supernaturals to use! If you get stumped feel free to check here. For the races that are
                                        taken please click on the spoiler below.

ame-warashi
                                        cambion
                                        centaur
                                        doppelgänger
                                        elemental
                                        elf
                                        femme fatale
                                        houri
                                        ijiraq
                                        kuchisake
                                        mage
                                        medium
                                        mermaid
                                        naga
                                        nine tailed fox
                                        phoenix
                                        poltergeist
                                        sea serpent
                                        seps
                                        shenlong
                                        siren
                                        tennin
                                        vampire
                                        werewolf
                                        witch
                                        yuxa

Dapper Informer

User Image

September 12th
                                        Mid-morning, around 1:00 pm
                                        Sunny, slight chill

Students should have already arrived and place their things in their room. The headmistress has
                                        announced that all students report to the auditorium for a mandatory welcome back assembly - all
                                        students should be heading there now.

Dapper Informer

User Image

January 20th, 2013 ; roleplay created in test thread.
                                        January ??th, 2013 ; roleplay moved to barton town - university/school roleplay forum.
                                        January 29th, 2013 ; opened for posting.
                                        February 2nd, 2013 ; announcement posted in IC.
                                        February 9th, 2013 ; announcement posted in IC.
                                        February 23rd, 2013 ; announcement posted in IC & characters removed.
                                        March 2nd, 2013 ; time skip posted in IC & schedule thread reorganized.

Dapper Informer

RESERVED ; for future use

Dapper Informer

Dapper Informer

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff