Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Conversationalist

Adel Pahalvan
In Adel's hand was a rather sloppy map, pointing in the direction of the school, with a vague "We'll be here" signed at the bottom of it. He figured it was Drimn's handwriting, from the near-calligraphic flourishes he saw in the text. Really, it was for the better that it was all drawn out, given his struggles with reading. Not to mention, he could just point to where he was and where he was headed should he find himself lost, and in need of direction.

And here he sat, at a very large, and to him, strange-looking building. It didn't match the contemporary look of the Salleans, or the harsh, practical look of the Lonetians, or the intricate designs of his own people. No, it was something else entirely. It was almost foreboding, really.

Looking up at one of the spires, he scratched his head, before stepping inside. He had only heard Rachel refer to this place as "Essdeegee," and had no idea of the full name. Had she been completely honest with him about it, he likely wouldn't have come, though now that he was here, he was likely here to stay, even if it was just to flush out the demonic menace he found himself in. Besides, Rachel wouldn't lead him astray, would she?

"Adel?" Came a quiet voice behind him. Rachel had been training, and it was easy to tell. She was a bit sweaty and her long red hair had been pulled up into a sloppy bun. The woman stood in a pair of short black shorts and a sports bra, with bright red sneakers. For once, her clothing probably looked even more odd than Adel's.

"I'm almost surprised you've come. I figured you and Pallava would have sauntered off on your own. Are you alright? Would you like some tea? I was just about to head upstairs and make some. "

Desirable Noob

Hiromaniac
Lee nodded slightly. "Yes I am quite tired myself." Yawning slightly Lee kissed Hiro back. "sleep sound good though I haven't been sleeping well as of late." Though what had happened had gone and past Lee's mind still was on alert." I'll turn in as well."
One Woman Revolution
Adel Pahalvan
In Adel's hand was a rather sloppy map, pointing in the direction of the school, with a vague "We'll be here" signed at the bottom of it. He figured it was Drimn's handwriting, from the near-calligraphic flourishes he saw in the text. Really, it was for the better that it was all drawn out, given his struggles with reading. Not to mention, he could just point to where he was and where he was headed should he find himself lost, and in need of direction.

And here he sat, at a very large, and to him, strange-looking building. It didn't match the contemporary look of the Salleans, or the harsh, practical look of the Lonetians, or the intricate designs of his own people. No, it was something else entirely. It was almost foreboding, really.

Looking up at one of the spires, he scratched his head, before stepping inside. He had only heard Rachel refer to this place as "Essdeegee," and had no idea of the full name. Had she been completely honest with him about it, he likely wouldn't have come, though now that he was here, he was likely here to stay, even if it was just to flush out the demonic menace he found himself in. Besides, Rachel wouldn't lead him astray, would she?

"Adel?" Came a quiet voice behind him. Rachel had been training, and it was easy to tell. She was a bit sweaty and her long red hair had been pulled up into a sloppy bun. The woman stood in a pair of short black shorts and a sports bra, with bright red sneakers. For once, her clothing probably looked even more odd than Adel's.

"I'm almost surprised you've come. I figured you and Pallava would have sauntered off on your own. Are you alright? Would you like some tea? I was just about to head upstairs and make some. "

Adel turned to look at Rachel, and found himself looking at her choice of attire. He had seen some revealing clothing here, but he never expected Rachel to choose to do that, as well. Looking back up into her eyes, he grasped his sword and smiled. "I'm fine. Tea sounds good, though." His smile faded when she mentioned Pallava, and he looked over her shoulder, almost like he was checking out the door for her. "She said she'd catch up. One of the towns we passed through had a musician she wanted to listen to. I thought we should keep moving, but she didn't. She should be here soon."

Omnipresent Explorer

12,800 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Madame Lee
"Well we should be safe inside my quarters. I've yet to find someone who can get around my lock system." He led the familiar route to his office and unlocked the door to his quarters. Slipping out of his outer clothes to his kosode, he climbed into bed.

Desirable Noob

Hiromaniac
Walking in with him Lee yawned, feeling wiped out she just took off her top and left her pants on. Getting into bed she laid onto of all the sheet and comforter, Looking around the room one last time she laid down and turned to him. Scooting over she nuzzled into his chest. "Good night my love." she said with a smile as she drifted off to sleep.

Witty Conversationalist

Adel Pahalvan
One Woman Revolution
Adel Pahalvan

Adel turned to look at Rachel, and found himself looking at her choice of attire. He had seen some revealing clothing here, but he never expected Rachel to choose to do that, as well. Looking back up into her eyes, he grasped his sword and smiled. "I'm fine. Tea sounds good, though." His smile faded when she mentioned Pallava, and he looked over her shoulder, almost like he was checking out the door for her. "She said she'd catch up. One of the towns we passed through had a musician she wanted to listen to. I thought we should keep moving, but she didn't. She should be here soon."

Rachel blushed as she was embarrassed. " I was by myself. Training. It's hard to train in my tunic and boots. There's thick forest around here and it's just easier to move if I don't have much on." She said, almost mumbling. There were times before that she'd just train in her underwear. But that was also when she knew people weren't awake and she could sneak back inside with no one noticing.
Rachel walked around him and headed up the stairs. " Well, Pallava is a very curious girl. She is new to this world as much as you are. She'll be here shortly. Don't worry." The redhead said, making her way to her room. "So, what kind of tea are you wanting? Just Brock's usual?"

Omnipresent Explorer

12,800 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Madame Lee
Nice and comfortable with her by his side, he grinned and closed his eyes. "Kuut hekrd, so Muja. Good night."
One Woman Revolution
Adel Pahalvan
One Woman Revolution
Adel Pahalvan

Rachel blushed as she was embarrassed. " I was by myself. Training. It's hard to train in my tunic and boots. There's thick forest around here and it's just easier to move if I don't have much on." She said, almost mumbling. There were times before that she'd just train in her underwear. But that was also when she knew people weren't awake and she could sneak back inside with no one noticing.
Rachel walked around him and headed up the stairs. " Well, Pallava is a very curious girl. She is new to this world as much as you are. She'll be here shortly. Don't worry." The redhead said, making her way to her room. "So, what kind of tea are you wanting? Just Brock's usual?"

Adel was a bit confused, yet again. Why wouldn't you train in something that you would wear in a fight? The only time that he trained without his robes on was when he was just working on staying strong. When the time came to swing his sword around, he always made sure to have his robes on, as inhibiting as they may be. "Does that mean you fight in your underwear?" he asked. He couldn't help but be curious. Maybe that was why she made him stay home that one day.

Stepping towards the stairs, he gave a little shrug. "Just tea," he said. After a long journey, he wasn't picky. None of the brews was like anything he had back home, even if it was just ground roots made from a flower that grew as a weed. As delicious as the other teas could be, he just wanted a little piece of home right now. Unfortunately, that was a piece that was another plane away.

Witty Conversationalist

Adel Pahalvan

Adel was a bit confused, yet again. Why wouldn't you train in something that you would wear in a fight? The only time that he trained without his robes on was when he was just working on staying strong. When the time came to swing his sword around, he always made sure to have his robes on, as inhibiting as they may be. "Does that mean you fight in your underwear?" he asked. He couldn't help but be curious. Maybe that was why she made him stay home that one day.

Stepping towards the stairs, he gave a little shrug. "Just tea," he said. After a long journey, he wasn't picky. None of the brews was like anything he had back home, even if it was just ground roots made from a flower that grew as a weed. As delicious as the other teas could be, he just wanted a little piece of home right now. Unfortunately, that was a piece that was another plane away.

It looked like she had to spill it. " Don't tell Drimn." She warned. Though, she doubted he would say anything anyways, but that wasn't the point. Drimn would chew her a new one if he knew what was going on. Hell, even Adel....well, yeah. He would.

" My clothes are uncomfortable to wear on top of the bruises. " She sighed, before stopping and pointing to wear the makeup was starting to smear off. Along her ribs, was a line of dark, horrible bruises.
"I tend to beat myself during training." Rachel said, not telling the whole truth. She turned around and continued walking. "I've actually been in the infirmary alot because of it through the years." The woman said, before they made it to her room. She walked in and walked into her little kitchen area. Starting up a pot of tea, she looked back at him. "I guess you could say I'm pretty reckless, huh?"
One Woman Revolution
Adel Pahalvan

It looked like she had to spill it. " Don't tell Drimn." She warned. Though, she doubted he would say anything anyways, but that wasn't the point. Drimn would chew her a new one if he knew what was going on. Hell, even Adel....well, yeah. He would.

" My clothes are uncomfortable to wear on top of the bruises. " She sighed, before stopping and pointing to wear the makeup was starting to smear off. Along her ribs, was a line of dark, horrible bruises.
"I tend to beat myself during training." Rachel said, not telling the whole truth. She turned around and continued walking. "I've actually been in the infirmary alot because of it through the years." The woman said, before they made it to her room. She walked in and walked into her little kitchen area. Starting up a pot of tea, she looked back at him. "I guess you could say I'm pretty reckless, huh?"

He looked down to those bruises with horror. Those couldn't come from training, could they? He had taken a few bruises of his own from hard sparring, and really, that was where the multiple scars that lined his face came from. But to do that to yourself? Why? And for that matter, how? "What did you do?" he asked her, looking up into her eyes with a bit of worry. That couldn't just be training. It had to be an actual fight.

In all of that, he didn't think to sit down at the table as she started the tea. "Tell me who did that to you. I'll run him through, and put his head on a stake."

Witty Conversationalist

Adel Pahalvan

He looked down to those bruises with horror. Those couldn't come from training, could they? He had taken a few bruises of his own from hard sparring, and really, that was where the multiple scars that lined his face came from. But to do that to yourself? Why? And for that matter, how? "What did you do?" he asked her, looking up into her eyes with a bit of worry. That couldn't just be training. It had to be an actual fight.

In all of that, he didn't think to sit down at the table as she started the tea. "Tell me who did that to you. I'll run him through, and put his head on a stake."

Rachel's ears hung down in shame. She was caught. God damnit. Why was it so easy for other people to read her?
Kazuma, Drimn, Adel, ...any ******** body.

Giving a deep sigh, she rubbed the back of her neck. " I ...erm...alright. Alright. But don't tell Drimn. Alright? Don't. Tell. Drimn. " She said the last bit, wagging her finger at him. " I mean it, Adel. If I find out you do, I'll string you up by your toes and watch all the blood drain to behind to your brain!" Rachel barked before leaning against the counter.
"We've got some rivals trying to take the school from us. It's a long story. A bunch of globblear morphuseas if you ask me." She snarled, having given an insult in her native language. " One of them, a new guy I suppose, ....well, he was attacking a son of one of my old friends. I jumped in, and ....as you can see, I got my a** kicked. " Rachel laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her head to reduce tension.
One Woman Revolution
Adel Pahalvan

Rachel's ears hung down in shame. She was caught. God damnit. Why was it so easy for other people to read her?
Kazuma, Drimn, Adel, ...any ******** body.

Giving a deep sigh, she rubbed the back of her neck. " I ...erm...alright. Alright. But don't tell Drimn. Alright? Don't. Tell. Drimn. " She said the last bit, wagging her finger at him. " I mean it, Adel. If I find out you do, I'll string you up by your toes and watch all the blood drain to behind to your brain!" Rachel barked before leaning against the counter.
"We've got some rivals trying to take the school from us. It's a long story. A bunch of globblear morphuseas if you ask me." She snarled, having given an insult in her native language. " One of them, a new guy I suppose, ....well, he was attacking a son of one of my old friends. I jumped in, and ....as you can see, I got my a** kicked. " Rachel laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her head to reduce tension.

As expected. She wasn't that tough. He would just have to prove himself to them. After all, it was his job to protect those such as her, that couldn't handle their own in a fight. He just assumed her mumbo-jumbo was yet another word he couldn't understand, and did what he had learned: pretend to get it. Nodding, he took the seat and sat down, shaking his head. "Just let me take care of it. I doubt he's seen the likes of me."

Witty Conversationalist

Adel Pahalvan

As expected. She wasn't that tough. He would just have to prove himself to them. After all, it was his job to protect those such as her, that couldn't handle their own in a fight. He just assumed her mumbo-jumbo was yet another word he couldn't understand, and did what he had learned: pretend to get it. Nodding, he took the seat and sat down, shaking his head. "Just let me take care of it. I doubt he's seen the likes of me."

" Adel-" Rachel sighed, running a hand over her face. Technically, they needed as much help as they could get. But it was dangerous.

Either way, Adel would only get angry if she protested. "He's powerful." She said, sitting down at the table with the pot of tea and two cups. " The elemental ball things he has...I can handle those." Rachel grunted, angry with herself. "It's that ******** spell. One minute I can dodge that ********, the next minute, he's whopping my a**. He did this heeby jeeby thing, and was coming at me at the speed of light. One blow after the other. Bam. Bam. " She grouched, pouring him a cup. " My eyes aren't good, Adel. That's why I hear so well. Kinda like a bat, I suppose. I can see, I just...it's almost like I can't keep up with everyday normal speeds. In the dark, I'm no use either. I blocked a few of them, but that's how I broke my arm. " She sighed.
One Woman Revolution
Adel Pahalvan

" Adel-" Rachel sighed, running a hand over her face. Technically, they needed as much help as they could get. But it was dangerous.

Either way, Adel would only get angry if she protested. "He's powerful." She said, sitting down at the table with the pot of tea and two cups. " The elemental ball things he has...I can handle those." Rachel grunted, angry with herself. "It's that ******** spell. One minute I can dodge that ********, the next minute, he's whopping my a**. He did this heeby jeeby thing, and was coming at me at the speed of light. One blow after the other. Bam. Bam. " She grouched, pouring him a cup. " My eyes aren't good, Adel. That's why I hear so well. Kinda like a bat, I suppose. I can see, I just...it's almost like I can't keep up with everyday normal speeds. In the dark, I'm no use either. I blocked a few of them, but that's how I broke my arm. " She sighed.

Of course, he had to use magic. Dammit. There was only so much he could do to dodge that. Maybe a bit of trickery and deception with his own magic would be enough to let him get in close, but he doubted it. It all depended on whether the magic was an independent entity, or controlled by him. If it was controlled by him, that was nothing. Just put up a few false duplicates, and then slicey-slicey. But if it was independent, it could be able to hone in on him, which would make things difficult. Still, he had fought through flame and cold before as part of his training. It couldn't be so bad.

"What happened to your eyes?" he asked, leaning forward. He had never known her to be the kind to struggle seeing before. Ugh. Between her and Pallava, he couldn't help but wonder if all of the women here were either some weird species, or robbed of one of their senses.

Witty Conversationalist

Adel Pahalvan

Of course, he had to use magic. Dammit. There was only so much he could do to dodge that. Maybe a bit of trickery and deception with his own magic would be enough to let him get in close, but he doubted it. It all depended on whether the magic was an independent entity, or controlled by him. If it was controlled by him, that was nothing. Just put up a few false duplicates, and then slicey-slicey. But if it was independent, it could be able to hone in on him, which would make things difficult. Still, he had fought through flame and cold before as part of his training. It couldn't be so bad.

"What happened to your eyes?" he asked, leaning forward. He had never known her to be the kind to struggle seeing before. Ugh. Between her and Pallava, he couldn't help but wonder if all of the women here were either some weird species, or robbed of one of their senses.

Rachel handed him the cup and her ears twitched at his question." My eyes? Oh. Nothing really. No one is perfect, Adel. My kind are just made that way. I can hear things that most people can't. Even the supernatural kind. It's just something that we adapted to. We don't see well, so instead, we make up for it in hearing. That's partly why they are the color that they are. I mean, I guess Elves are supposed to be flawless, but as you can see...and you already know, I have too many flaws to count. " She said, with a smirk. "How's the tea?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff