Welcome to Gaia! ::

Premium Lover

User Image

XXXXXXXJ e n s o n . H a w t h o r n e -
                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                  even ιғ ι тry тo avoιd yoυ, ι can’т ғιnd a place тo нιde,
                  xoxoxoxoxoι’м тrapped вy yoυ, wнo ι can’т even deny

User Image

Jenson now had beef jerkey, a carton of milk, some canned cheese, and a half eaten muffin all in his arms. And since, whenever he's extremely hungry, he's a very messy eater. So, naturally, he had muffin all around the sides of his mouth. Suddenly, Jenson heard a voice by the door. He looked up from the fridge and saw the pink-haired girl from about a half hour before. He smiled sheepishly and let out a nervous chuckle, looking from the food in his arms to the girl with the pink hair. "Well, uh, it seems that I have found a few things that I find... delicious," he replied, laughing a bit at himself. He placed the food on the table, then threw a confused look at the canned cheese he had. What did he have that for? Jenson shrugged and popped open the can, spraying a little bit of cheese in his mouth. "I don't even know what I'm eating... All I know is that I'm super hungry," he added, putting the canned cheese back in the fridge. It didn't even deserved to be called cheese... It was one of THE MOST foulest things he had ever tasted. And he had eaten out of dumpsters. He began to wash his mouth out with water when he turned to the girl. "So, uhm, what's your name?" he asked her while taking a swig from the milk carton.

Romantic Nerd

"Feeling a warm temperature in the hands we hold...
If ever comes a day they gently unfold...
A dry bell will sound echoing on its own...
From that moment on, you'll go alone..."

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

_________________. Danika Jay Hughes .

She had to admit, watching this boy eat was actually pretty amusing. She found she didn't really like the taste of spray cheese either, but she didn't go as far as washing it out of her mouth afterwards. Closer examination of the food he'd deposited onto the counter was also pretty interesting, since she'd never seen anyone eat those particular items at the same time.

Laughing a bit, she moved from where she was standing in the door frame to hold her hand out to the boy. "I can understand that. I think my brother said the same thing one time. My name is Danika, nice to meet you."

Łocation Kitchen _____________ ωith Jenson ______________________

"And I am one of a kind; when I walk, I am alone...
I've grown weary of lying to the bone...
Now I bow my head in this golden room...
I was here with you, and now, it's gone too soon."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ӎаяɠѻxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx║▌│█║▌║║█║║▌║█│║▌║▌│║║█║║

xxxxxMargo stood, hands in her hole-ridden jean pockets, staring up at the school that would be her last chance at making something decent of herself. Her entire future rested inside these gates, and she had absolutely no idea how any of it was going to work out. Standing in front of your only saving grace with that kind of uncertainty... Well, she wasn't exuding confidence.

Luckily she had plenty of time to muster up the ten minutes of courage she needed to finalize everything. The guard on duty, a large, intimidating, bald-headed black man with sunglasses and biceps the size of her face, was currently searching through her backpack. She turned to watch him as he picked his way through clothes from the Lost and Found boxes of various public establishments, toiletries she stole out of a high school gym locker, a bag of fresh panties and a bottle of aspirin courtesy of CVS, and the ipod, ipod charger, and sheets of music she'd carried with her from home four years ago. She wasn't worried about the guard snatching her money, not that he actually would, but just in case she always kept her cash in her bra- where every sensible girl should keep it.

"Looks like everything checks out here,"
the guard said in voice so deep it could be on the radio. "I hope I'll be seeing you around here more often... Margo, was it?"

Despite how completely terrifying he was, the guard actually seemed to be pretty... friendly. Margo hoped that he was typical of the employees here. It would be a good sign that her luck was changing. "Thanks, we'll just have to see how everything goes. Here's hoping..." She paused to read the name tag on his chest as she took her bag back and swung it over her shoulder. "Rufus...?" Rufus. Really?

"Something tells me you're gonna do just fine young lady."

Rufus opened the gates for her and waved her through. "Wish me luck then, Rufus." she said with a wave as she walked by.

So far she was thoroughly impressed with the security, the actual facility was beautiful. Much better than she could have ever pictured in her head, but somehow the grandeur of it made her more nervous than before. How could she be expected to come in off the streets and feel comfortable in a place like this?

They seemed to have designed it with Margo's precise thoughts in mind, however. Besides the friendly security, there were very clear directions pointing her way throughout the building. It was no trouble at all for her to find the reception desk, and behind it was the most adorable little old lady Margo had ever seen.

"Hi," Margo said, pulling the crumpled flyer she found out of her back pocket. "I received this flyer and I'm extremely interested in learning more about the program. Mostly..." Margo leaned on the desk. This had been her main concern and would determine whether or not she stayed. "Well, frankly I'm worried about contracting. I'm not going to be forced to stay here or contact family or anything like that am I?"

"No dear, we're a charity here for your benefit. The only requirement we have is that you get an education while you stay. You can leave at any time you like." The old woman, who's name plate read Doris, smiled and handed Margo a clipboard. "That there is just a list of house rules, and a series of questions regarding your background and medical history, since we will be in charge of your well being during your stay. After that, if everything checks out, all you need is a physical exam and we can set you up with a room."

Margo took the pen attached to the clipboard and filled out the questions best she could. The most important thing to note was that she was highly allergic to penicillin, but other than that she had nothing much to report.

"That's lovely," Doris said after Margo handed her the clipboard. A nurse came out from down the hall and took her information. "That's Jessica and she'll take care of your physical for you. Oh and dearie, we won't make you contact your family, but we certainly won't stop you if you feel like you're ready to talk to them again. We'll support you every step of the way."

"Oh, uh, thanks..." Margo didn't really know what to think, but so far she had found no reason to dislike it here. Maybe she could start fresh after all.

"Now all you have to do is pee in this cup."

Margo turned to see Jessica, a woman in her early thirties wearing Minnie Mouse scrubs, holding up a plastic cup with her name on it. She looked a little too perky for someone who collected urine tests all day.

"Right..." Margo said slowly.

Premium Lover

User Image

User Image

Jenson laughed a bit as she shook his hand and made a remark about her brother. He nodded his head and smiled gently. "Ah, I see. Sounds like me and this brother of yours might get along," he replied as he retracted his hand from the shake. As the girl, Danika, stated her name, he nodded and had a "hm-that's-an-interesting-name" look on his face. "Nice name! Never heard it before," he added somewhat cheerfully. He was rather tired after eating a little so he would probably be napping soon. Taking a step backwards, Jenson placed his hands on the table and jumped up a little, propping himself on the table. As he swung his legs back and forth, he spoke. "So, Danika, what brings you here?" he asked, genuinely interested. He actually looked forward to meeting new people and learning their stories. Fortunately, Jenson was a very good listener.

Romantic Nerd

User Image

At his comment about her unique name, Dani gave a smile before turning slightly so that she could make her own search through the fridge. Watching from the corner of her eye as the boy swung his legs back and forth, she couldn't suppress her grin as she thought, yeah, I bet you two really would get along.

Not finding anything appetizing in the fridge, Dani moved on to the freezer before thinking about how to answer his second question. "Well, I've sort of been home-schooled since I was eight and I kinda missed the whole school atmosphere. It took a while to convince my brother to let me come, he's been more than a little over-protective since... well, eight or so years ago. He's still on the road right now, but I give it a week before he shows up too." She told the boy on the counter with a grin over her shoulder.

Ah! Nice! She thought, pulling a box of hot pockets out of the freezer. She hadn't had these in a long time. "And anyway, aren't you supposed to give your own name before asking a girl these questions?" She asked with a smile when she turned to face him again.

Bashful Noob

User Image

ZZZzzzZzzZzzZZzZ
Location; Dorm 1
With; No one.

The teeny teen walked down the hallways long enough, and as still rather hungry. She walked passed the kitchen to see people chit-chatting, and Anna just walked passed. They probably already seen her, and if she would have gone back in to eat some more, they would probably judge her. Though Anna weight well under hundred and twenty pounds, the girl could eat more then her stomach could take. She sighed and walked down the hall, and then saw a very familiar entrance. She opened the door going down a step and sat down, at the left corner, so people could still go past. She looked up as only a girl walked passed, but wondered if more would be coming soon. She just sat there with her Ipod listening to whatever was in her mood, and right now, it would be sad classical music. She might not look the type to ever listen to that type of music, but when it came to music in general she would listen to anything. Anna looked back at the door, wondering if she should go back in the kitchen. Normally she wouldn't care what people thought of her. But deep down, she was just an insecure girl, wanting to belong in the fast pace world.

[[O.O.C;; Love Margo's first post. And I just realized what an epic user name you have. xDD]]

User Image

Hm, I wonder if I can make a friend here? Besides Clarissa....
Location; Sitting on the stairs, in front of school.
With; No one.

User ImageLULZUser ImageLULZUser Image

Spinxell's King

King Master

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ▇▇▇▇▇▇ T h e dangerous H e a r t b r e a k e r
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Ezio . m i l e s
      User Image

When the sun rose, Ezio was there to greet it. Some people were night people, others were morning people, Ezio like to believe he was both, as he would, frequently, stay up to all hours of the night and then wake up to see the sun rise. In reality, this was probably very unhealthy, but it didn't see to bother him any, so he continued to do so. The sun now risen, Ezio stood from his spot on the roof, and made his way back inside, to the upper story library of the house's window. Climbing in, he was greeted by the dusty, but pleasant smell of old books.

It wasn't a bad smell, It was one he was rather used to, as it was one of the only rooms in the house that Romaro seemed to never enter for god knows what reason. He often went here when he wanted to be alone, and they staff here had even let him set up his own art area in the room... after he had sweet talked them a little first of course. Stretching, the blond man yawned, before opening his blight blue eyes, tilting his head as he head shuffling and voices drift up into the room, breaking the silence.

He paused, wondering if he should just say up here and nap on the window seat all day, something he rather enjoyed down on days he felt lazy. But his stomach growled reminding him that he had not eaten yesterday, so it was with a sigh that he made his way out of his own little sanctuary, and down the stairs.

People were just starting to wake up. Having already showered and dressed in a loose white t-shirt, a pair of jeans with frayed ends from where he walked it worn and rips, and his mismatched converse, one black on and one red one, Ezio was a head of most of the house by a landslide.

Ezio took the stairs two at a time, sliding easily into the kitchen, only to see the white haired bot he had the displeasure of calling his roommate. He grinned wildly, reaching forward and grabbing the egg sandwich he had made and taking a bite.

Thanks, I was getting a little hungry.

Before Romaro could respond, Ezio bolted from the room, laughing all the while as he did. He could hear Romaro spring some colorful words, but he payed them no mind as he devoured the egg sandwich. no matter what he said, Romaro was a damned good cook... just lazy.

Now sated, Ezio walked through the halls, once again bored.

((Well... Fate had wanted me to do something... but she never replied to my PM so I'm... just gonna post))

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Now listen to me baby, Before I love and leave you. They call me heart breaker! I don't wanna deceive you.
If you fall for me, I'm not easy to please. Imma tear you apart! Told you from the start, I'm only gonna break ya heart. !!

Premium Lover

User Image

User Image

Jenson watched as Danika rummaged through the fridge, then, it seemed like nothing really "suited her fancy," so she moved onto the fridge. He hopped off the table and then jumped right back up on the counter next to the fridge. He nodded and stared at the ground, thinking over Danika's words in his head as he listened to her story. Hm, brother? No parents? "Uhm, I hope you don't mind me asking, but... where are your... parents?" he asked quietly. After the words had come out of his mouth, Jenson realized it was probably a sensitive subject and tried to move on. She said her brother would be here in about a week. He nodded and smiled. "Cool, can't wait to meet him! So, where ya from? Must be some place far away if it's gonna take your brother that long to get here," he added. He was kind of curious as to know who her brother was and what he was like. But, he figured he would just have to wait and figure out in a week. After a somewhat long pause, Danika spoke up again and made a remark that made Jenson chuckle. He put a hand over his chest and pretended to look offended. "Ugh, so demanding! I guess we can't be friends," he said jokingly and then looked away. After a few seconds, he let out a small laugh and turned his gaze back to her. "I'm Jenson. Jenson Hawthorne," he stated as he watched his new friend defrost some Hot Pockets... He never really had a soft spot for those. He always found those to be rather... unappealing. Although, Jenson could tell she liked them, so he made no such comments about side-affects such as diarrhea. He just smiled and sat on the counter, lightly tapping his heals against the cabinet door below him.

Romantic Nerd

User Image

Dani barely managed to suppress a sigh as the inevitable question was asked. Slowly turning around, she gave the boy an appraising look, trying to decide how to answer this question. She'd learned early on that it was a bad idea to let adults know her parents weren't around, but did the same rule apply to kids her age? She found she didn't have to dwell too long on this though, since he carefully pulled away from the subject and asked a few other questions.

"Far away? Hardly. I'd bet he's still in town being stubborn."
They'd been traveling together since they were nine, and she knew he wouldn't move on to the next town without her. Not when he still didn't know much about the place she'd chosen to live.

At his comment about her demanding nature, Dani couldn't help but laugh at his mock sorrow. If the rest of the people in this house were as easy to talk to, Dani knew she would end up liking it here. Pulling her hot pockets out of the microwave to cool down, she crossed her arms over her chest. "Well, Jenson, I'm afraid to say that if we're going to get along you'll have to call me Dani. I hardly ever go by my full name."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ӎаяɠѻxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx║▌│█║▌║║█║║▌║█│║▌║▌│║║█║║

xxxxxJessica told her they would call her back to the front office if she tested positive for drugs. She'd have to start up on a rehab therapy program before she could take classes if that was the case. Once she was clean she'd be allowed to join the other kids. Otherwise she was free to go back and see Doris to finalize everything. Margo had to laugh at that. She didn't even pay for her own underwear. Why would she waste the money she did have on something useless like drugs that might ruin her lungs, and by transition, her voice. But she just said okay and left Jessica to do whatever it was that Jessica did with her testing.

At the front desk, Doris handed her a stack of informative papers. The first thing was a code of ethics Lyle House had to abide by and who to see if she felt her legal rights were violated. No one but state law enforcement was allowed to remove wards of Lyle House against their will. For wards under the age of eighteen, a court hearing would be held to determine if parents were fit enough to take their children back home. Extended family did not have this opportunity. There was also information about what to do and who to call in case of a medical emergency, a pamphlet on bullying, a list of tutors she'd be required to see if her grades dropped below a C, a course catalog, a map of the school, a list of prohibited activities that would get her kicked out, and where to go get an updated state identification and a Lyle House ID. There was even someone to go to about new clothes.

Based on Margo's responses to the survey, Doris had printed her a class schedule centered around her vocal training. "The head music professor on staff will hold an informal audition for you to make sure you have the basic talent you need to progress. If you don't pass, you'll have another opportunity to audition in a month's time. Between auditions you'll be focusing on an accelerated curriculum of basic courses like math and English. If you fail again you'll have to see a counselor to determine a different area of specialization."

Margo would think about it, but she didn't make Doris any promises. "Oh, don't you worry about that. I'll be fine."

An informal audition, from what she remembered of her freshman year of high school chorus, was simply a way to make sure she wasn't completely tone deaf. Margo would probably just be matching notes that were played on the piano. She wasn't worried at all. Apparently they highly recommended seeing a counselor at least once before starting classes to spare students unnecessary embarrassment. Margo didn't make Doris any promises.

The last order of business was her dorm key. Margo put all her new paperwork in her backpack and took the key. She was rooming in the fifth dorm by herself for now, and she had to say that she hoped no one new would be joining her any time soon.

With one hand in the pocket of her ripped jeans and the other carelessly twirling her key around one finger, Margo walked through the endless halls to find her room. She saw a girl listening to music and a boy roaming around on her way, but she wasn't particularly chatty. Her first order of business was unpacking what little she had, and finding good hiding places for the things she didn't want stolen.

((Edit: Wow, thanks... and thanks! biggrin ))

Bashful Noob

User Image

If I don't practice, I'm going to get lazy.
Location; Dance studio.
With; No one.

Clarissa was restless. She did enjoy her twenty minute nap, but she kept thinking, Why am I locked up in this room when I can be out, like Anna, enjoying my new environment? She couldn't just be in her room all day. She had to look at this change in a positive way. So she slowly arose and put on her black worn out sneakers. She grabbed a towel before leaving and walked down the hall. Tying her short hair in a small ponytail, she watched a boy walking past with a sandwich wondering if Anna was in the kitchen. She walked and walked, her gym shorts making noise, as if they were made out of plastic. The light weight shorts made everything easier for her when she danced, but didn't protect her from the hard floor. But it was something she could take. Clarissa was known for break dancing. Anna was too, but she was more of a beat boxing girl. Finally after the endless walk she found a rather large room. Peering in, no one was there. She was happy yet a bit disappointed. She was hoping she could meet her dance instructor, and maybe asking what types of dancing they would be enduring. Clarissa liked all sorts of dancing, as long as she was the lead. She would rather be dancing with a girl, if it was salsa, box trot or waltz. But since she couldn't let the teacher know ahead of time she just threw her towel on the floor and walked over to the radio, seeing if she could get 103.5 or 96.3. Neither worked so she just looked for a new and hip music station. Finally finding one, as they played Titanium she started stretching.

Anna was sitting there for a minute or so when her stomach finally got impatient. And she knew what Clarissa would say, "If you want to make new friends, you should make the first move." And then probably follow up with "And make a good first impression." So she got up and walked back to the kitchen. The boy and girl were still there and she just glanced at them, muttering "Excuse me." As she grabbed the ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo. She walked over to the table and stacked a sandwich together, which was coming out pretty large. It was probably hard for her to fit in her mouth but she didn't care, she just kept making her sandwich, fit for a king.

[[O.O.C;; Thinking about making another character. D; ]]

User Image

I am the sandwich making queen.
Location; Kitchen.
With; Some other kids in the kitchen.

User Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

J.P. clacked his worn out sneakers together, as if saying, "I want to go home. I want to go home." Though as always, it didn't work. This black-haired boy did believe in magic and miracles, but this time the reason wasn't the universe causing the disruption, it was him. No matter how scared he was of walking into his new life, he was more terrified of what was waiting for him back at home. He could just imagine it now: people running up and down asking about how he was doing, having people stare and talk about you behind your back. However, that was just the icing on the cake. Having lived next to her he had to walk by her house every single day, and endure the memories that were pushed into the recess of his mind. And just being in his own house was much to painful. He had to get away. He just had too.

J.P. took a slow breathe and continued to stare at the new school. He was going inside, no matter what happened, he crossed his heart. 'You are going inside, you are going inside. One.....two....THREE!' He quickly puffed up his chest and raced inside. His momma always told him that if you feel like giving up just look at how far you've gotten already. As to seem to be taking her advice, J.P. didn't stop until he was far far away from the metal gates.

When he finally slowed, he had no idea where he was, but that didn't matter to him. He liked to be lost it was a chance to see something new. The thought made him grin, this could be...relaxing. As he walked around the school, it was amazing how every little thing interested him. Already he had taken a few pictures, but they were just images of flowers and birds. He liked to take moving pictures, they seemed more alive than others. This time he found his way inside the building and began to wander around.

After a while J.P. started to feel his hope die down. There was no source of life anywhere. Not a breathe, not a scuff of shoes, nothing. The stillness made the hairs of the back of his neck stand up. Before he made a run for it he heard an unfamiliar sound, it was music of course, but it was a song he didn't recognize. The sound was soft, but it was still there making the quiet, seem less quiet. Using his ears for guidance he found the source. It was a rather large room with a girl stretching in it. His eyes lit up, this was the perfect subject! He didn't want the girl to see him, so he stood next to the frame and started to adjust his camera. When she wasn't looking he would snap a few pictures, move out of the way, review the pictures, and readjust.

Bashful Noob

User Image

Maybe my dreams will never be realized.
Location; Dance studio.
With; No one. (at least she thinks)

As the song finally finished, a new song played, one she knew fairly well. She would hear it all the time on the streets of Chicago. This song gave Clarissa the edge that she needed. When the chorus line came, she mimicked the same moves as in the Chris Brown video. The flips and turns, caused her a bit of a headache. She forgot how hard they were to master. "Come on, Clarissa, don't p***y out now." She thought maybe if she did a couple of more usual back flips, it would help her and more of her harder flips. It was never easy being a break dancer, but it entertained most people, and gave them the money they needed. Until Big Jay got gun down. Loosing you're leader in a dance crew is the worst feeling in the world. But his dancing spirit still lived in everyone that was apart of D.T.W.D. Even though they broke up, and tried to stay away from getting seen on the streets, they still kept in contact. She held back her tears, and finished off with a final front flip, landing on one leg, a bit too hard for it to support her. As the other leg caught up she quickly switched over to the leg that was no burning in pain. She swore under her breath, quenching at the pain. She sat on the floor, smiling up at the ceiling. "If you were hear right now, you would just lecture me and telling me I deserve this. I know I know, I should have gave myself more space..." It might have been she was just a crazy girl talking to the sky, but she always did that, pretend like Big Jay could still hear her. And she would just talk to him. It was the only way she could release the pain of loosing a dear friend.
Anna was unaware of anything that was happening to her foster sister. She was too busy enjoying her sandwich.

[[O.O.C;; ]]

User Image

Mmm~
Location; Kitchen.
With; Other students.

User Image

Ⓒⓐⓘⓣⓛⓘⓝ (Ⓚⓐⓣⓘⓔ) Ⓦⓐⓛⓚⓔⓡ

❝ If this is what I call home....❞

❝ Katie walked up to the front doors of the school, which would also double as her home, glancing down at her schedule. Naturally, she had
signed up for art and dance, because those were the things that she did
best... But she was still nervous... She didn't know anyone, and by now, her nerves were
starting to get to her. The anxiety started to creep up silently, pestering her and invading all
her thoughts. She sighed loudly, shrugged her shoulders, and boldly strutted through the doors,
trying to look confident, on her first day, of a new life. ❞

❝ Why does it feel so alone? ❞

Premium Lover

User Image

User Image

Jenson chuckled at Dani's response and nodded. "Well alright, Dani, that is what I will call you!" he said with a smile. Then, Dez scampered into the room and began jumping and scratching at his owner's leg. Jenson laughed and bent over a bit to pick up his little companion. Once back up, he turned back to Dani to respond to her 'stubborn brother' remark. "Do you and your brother get along well?" he asked. He wasn't exactly sure if it was a sensitive subject like the parent situation, but he was doing anything to keep her mind away from asking about his parents. Then, a small girl walked into the kitchen, politely asked us to move from out of her way so she could get some sandwich materials and then she walked over to the table. She seemed a bit shy... quiet... Jenson could fix that. He flashed a boyish smile and introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Jenson Hawthorne. This is my friend Dani," he paused to point his thumb in Dani's direction. "And you are?" he asked warmly and kindly. He didn't want to scare the girl like he had accidentally done a few times on the street to other people... Jenson shook the thought away and continued to smile at the newest person in the room. With a light yip from Dez, Jenson realized he forgot to introduce a very important person! "Oh, my bad. This is my little doggy, Dez," he added as he kissed his dog lightly on the head. Dez wagged his tail and curled up in a ball in Jenson's lap.

Dez!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces