Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zao_ Dragon
((If anyone wants to they can make a banner for the rp that way we will get more people))
((I could make a banner if you wish just tell me what pic you want and what you want it to say))
(My profile is not up there *sigh*)
When one had wings protruding from their backs, giving them the image of an angel (or when one looked at Holden, one instantly thought 'fallen angel'), they could do one of two things.

The first was that they could walk around with their wings in plain view. It would attract a lot of attention, which didn't seem very pleasant to a bird. Especially an owl, who just sat in the shadows and moved silently without anyone noticing.

The second was that they walked around, their white wings hidden from the world. They wouldn't get any extra attention, maybe even none. And that sounded even more appealing than the first option, so it wasn't any surprise that the second option was what Holden chose.

Sixteen human years old, Holden was an owl that resided mainly in Quebec. But a relative of his was being hunted, and so he decided to become an ace - turn human, and help out his cousin. And so here he was, wandering the hallways of the new school, his reddish-orange long bairs covering his piercing golden eyes. His head was bowed, his bangs obscuring half his face. He wore a baggy pair of beige pants and a brown turtleneck sweater that hung loosely on his thin frame. On his feet were a pair of brown hiking boots, only these were clearly not his size, as the loud tromping they made were any indication to that. His wings, so pure and white, were wrapped tightly around his frame, giving him a human appearance.

Not really seeing where he was going, he turned into a random room, the light showing his bronze skin, making it seem as if he was glowing from within. Polished with life. As he walked in, a spot of white caught his eyes, and he looked up, blinking owlishly. There was another teenager in here, a year or so older than him from the look of it. He tilted his head, blinking once again.

"Oh! Pardon! Je ne suis pas d'ici!" he said quickly in French. "Je suis de Quebec!"

7,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
A tall figure walked through the halls, his blonde hair jumped as he walked fast He held a lot of books. "I'm going to be late!" He was going to give a talk about archeology to the people who were interested but sadly this very morning his mentor had fallen sick. He entered the conference room and started putting the equipment on.

Thomas Andrew Eggenberger was a nineteen year old young man who was born in Switzerland, He had decided to follow his mother's career and be an Archeologist since his sister wanted to be a biologist like their father. He grew up in a sane enviorment and even though his parents argued about how to raise both of them his mother constantly convinced his father about the goods and bads about some of his methods. He believed that the way people act influenced their lives.

Right now he was really worried about this conference because he had to go over, even though he knew this by heart, what he was going to talk about, he was just doing that when he tried to move some bookshelves and one fell over him, "Gott liebenswurdig!" he exclaimed what in german means 'God gracious!'

(Had to put liebenswurdig with a normal u since the filter dosen't catch it sweatdrop )
((Look! LOOK! *jumps up and down and points to avy* I told you he'd be shmexy, Yun-chan! whee ))

7,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
(wonders if there is anyone here)
(( Tenchi you are in the same room with Shin arent you?))
(([sarcasm]No. I'm in the room with the OTHER guy whose wearing all white. >>'[/sarcasm]

Of course Holden is in the same room as Shin.))

7,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
(*huggles everyone* PEOPLE!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin )
(( Was only asking!))
The slithering Snake gladiator was still in the room, silent as the shadow that he was in. His nose picked something up, he sniffed a bit and smirked his right hand raising to his mouth to hide the smirk that was placed upon his face. It would see there was a few other ones here, and one of them here is an owl.

Pushing himself off his seat, his eyes looked to the other as he spoke in french, his face somewhat looking at him with a bit of confusion."..Excuse me?" He said, a bit harshly, his glasses pushed up to his eyes, with his right hand so he could see the other a bit clearer now.

His white trench coat clinged to him a bit tightly, since the tie around his waist was in a knot, not showing his black shirt and his white pants, only on the bottom part. His arms crossed over to his chest, resting there and his head tilted somewhat to the right the hair covering his eyes, moving out of place a bit.

His eyes were easy to tell that he was a snake, for it was gold and had slits in the middle of them, a very big give away that most humans are too busy to pay attention too at all. These eyes were looking at the boy infront of him now, examining him abit and the nose picking up a scent knowning now this was the owl boy, now the question was was he a gladiator like himself, a servent or a gaurdian?. His pale lips parted a bit and said."..So..another..Ace.."His voice was cold and a a bit harsh towards the other.
((Yes. And you'll find I'm a very sarcastic being. So don't take any offense from what I say.))

"Oh!" Holden said quickly, rubbing the back of his neck. He flinched at the harshness of the voice, but didn't let it show. "Sorry. I don't much speak Eenglish." ((<---yes, I meant to spell it that way.))

He let his arm drop back to his side, letting it hang as he fidgeting uncomfortably. Oh, this was so weird, talking to another person! Holden had always seen humans talk to one another, but they had always spoke with kindness! But this other one...he didn't speak with kindness at all. He didn't like it at all.

"..So..another..Ace.."

Holden took a step back, wrapping his arms around himself. Why was this male being so mean?! He didn't need to be so harsh! Or...was he racist against the French?! That...well, dirty word! How could he!

"Oui" Holden said, his eyes narrowing. Fine! If this older guy was going to be all mean and nasty to him, then Holden would be nasty to HIM! See how HE liked it! "Toi aussi, oui?"

Hmph. If the man was going to speak nice to him in English, then screw him, Holden would speak in French! He didn't need that!

7,975 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Thomas grunted under the pile of books, so much for his first exposition morning. This wasn't his best day, first Dr. Charmichael got sick leaving him to give the conference by himself. Then he was late and now he had two bookshelves on top of him. "Some help?" He called pushing his hand up so it could be visible.
(( It is well, I can be a bit sarcastic so its cool.))

Shin eyes remained the same, a simple nod was all he did to say he understood that the other didnt speak to much English. He raised and eyebrow at the other who was flinching a bit.

Shin unlike Holden, didnt see many humans talk friendly so he was more adapted to hearing them speak harshly and cruel to each other. He wasnt really a bad person, but he really in truth didnt know what else to say to the other, he never seen many ace, and so it was a somewhat shock to see another here infront of him in this school. He wasnt the friendist of poeple and it was showing alot.

And the worst of it, by the expression of the other, it seemed to him that he was thinking that Shin was a racist, and that was very untrue, he was who he was a harsh speaking person who wasnt friendly towards many.

His eye brow twitched a bit, his mouth curving a bit, his left fang showing through his closed teeth. A low snarl emmitted from his throat at the boy infront of him. He didnt understand a word that boy said and that got him, cause he didnt know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. He opened his mouth and started to speak a bit in japanese." kusokurae (( Note my japanese is bad.))"

His eyes locked deadly at the other, the golden eyes with the slit in the middle glaring a bit down at the French speaking one. " And I am not a racist." Was all he said in english, before he continued to glare at the other.
Joshua held his black leather cased book in his arm. His raven black hair covering one of his yellow eyes. His eyes scanned the area seeing if anyone was around the hall he currently resided in being as he didnt want to talk to anyone for the moment. Being alone is what comforts him. Being with some one always brings pain and trouble and he doesnt like either. Joshua sighs "Quiet...just like I expected"
He sits down on the cold ground leaning against the wall he gently pushes back his hair from his face and flips through the pages of his leather binded book. "Ah...yes here I am" he smiles lighlty.
The light from the hall shown on his book. Just enough light to read. He pulls up his knees to balance the book on them. Josh begins to read his book his eyes scanning the words as he read over them. His hair gently falls back into place in front of his eye.
((Of course it is. XD

Oh. By the way. I auditioned for the school play and got in, so I may be a bit busy until November 15th. I'll still post though.))

"And I am not a racist."

Holden blinked, and then blinked again. Didn't this guy just say he wasn't a racist...? And yet he swore at him...? This guy was so confusing! It was almost too much for the poor Canadian owl to handle.

"Eef you are not a racist, why did you swear at moi?" Holden asked, shifting around to get in a more comfortable, safer position. "All I said vas 'you too, yes?'"

Holden sighed, wishing he could go into a darker room. These lights were burning his eyes. As an owl, he was used to the dark, or at least semi-dark. Never daylight. Or bright lights...well, except for the occasional flashlight. But that was the only exception! "Let's start over, oui? *Je m'appelle Holden. Je suis canadien et je suis de Quebec."

Oh, this was simply dreadful. Let's get the introductions done with! he thought desperatly. This light is too blinding! It was simply dreadful! How could humans be in light like this?!

Remembering what he saw people do when they hiked by in the wee hours of the morning, Holden stuck out a hand. In France (and Quebec), it was customary to shake hands with someone you just met, and do le bise, or kiss, when you see a friend.

((*"My name is Holden. I am Canadian and I am from Quebec." wink )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff