But of course! 0.56521739130435 56.5% [ 26 ]
Maybe... 0.43478260869565 43.5% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 26 27 28

Tipsy Lunatic

User Image

User Image
---We fought fire with fire

Formis watched as Miss Ward started laughing. Like a maniac. It was a bit concerning, he was curious if he needed to get her water or something. However, whatever was going on was making Formis grin and start to join in on the laughing. It seemed that something he did had completely torn down some kind of wall and she was just letting go. Fine with him, it was nice to see her laughing, even laughing like a nutcase.

Her parents didn't know she wasn't human? How did that happen. Maybe she got turned into something like Formis did and her parents just never found out. That would make sense.

"I'm a little... violent. and... I'm working on it." She said, Formis looked with concern, making sure she was okay. "Sorry, Erikson..." Miss Ward said to him. "No need to apologize. It was just a trash can. Least it wasn't my desk or my arm or something." He said jokingly with a big toothy smile.

Suddenly, without him even realizing what he was saying, "Miss Ward, would you like to go to dinner with me tomorrow after class?" He asked before it struck him that he had just asked her on a date out of the blue. He would have started blushing then if he was able to. All he could do now is watch to see how Miss Ward would respond to him and his question.

Until we had to fight with ash---

[LOCATION: His office]
[WITH: Miss Ward]

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
User Image

User Image

tab tab ʟ ᴏ ᴄ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴ:xxMr Erikson's office.
                                              tab tab ᴡ ɪ ᴛ ʜ:xxMr Erikson.
                                              tab tab ᴏ ᴏ ᴄ:xx
                                              tab tab tab LOCATION: Mr Erikson's office....
                                              tab
                                              そして趣いたまま
                                                        “Sorry, Erikson…”

said Lacey, giving a quick relieved smile. Closing her eyes, she took a long, slow exhale, trying to regroup. This was definitely something she wasn’t going to talk about. She could only imagine what Gray would have thought if he had seen that display: he probably would have thought it was just horrible. That said, he wasn’t here, was he? And Erikson didn’t actually seem to mind. It was a little disconcerting, really, the way he had just joined in laughing, as if this was completely okay. As happy as she might have felt, it absolutely wasn’t. She needed to get a grip. She needed to remember-

“No need to apologize…” he assured.

Again.

Lacey couldn’t help but almost keep track. That was at least the fifth time in two days Erikson had said something to that effect. “Don’t worry, no need, don't bother, I’ll take care of it” Kindness and deflection all wrapped up in a single short sentence with this… smile. She didn’t react beyond just smiling back a little, but she actually felt weirdly – what was it, sad? – just for a second.

”Least it wasn’t my desk-”

Ha...

“-or my arm, or something…” Erikson said jokingly.

“Hah!” Lacey breathed, rubbing her lips together to sort of stifle a smile.

His arm? Most people said “face”.

He was smiling at her. It was this big toothy grin that took up his entire face, the type of grin Lacey couldn't pull off. He had fangs. It was funny how this fact wasn’t the least bit disconcerting about Formis (if anything it just made sense on him somehow), whereas with Genai it made her feel weirdly… cagey or something.

In any event, Lacey was relieved that nobody was hurt and that things didn’t get out of hand – if anything, there probably wasn’t a safer place in the world to demonically charge a pen. Though that said, at some point since they met she’d actually felt a little wary about offending him for some r-

”Miss Ward, would you like to go to dinner with me tomorrow after class?”

Lacey blinked and calmly turned her head to face him for a moment to listen. She could hear the tone of his voice, but the words took a second to catch up.

Wait… what?

Wait, WHAT?

WAIT. WH-

This train of thought is getting repetitive. You should say something.

“Hm?”

Not that. A SENTENCE! Pour l’amour de Dieu.

That was a probably a really weird thing to do.

Wait, could he have even heard that? It was about as quiet as breathing.

It was amazing that no matter how many times this happened, her responses only seemed to get steadily worse. And this time it was probably important how she reacted. Formis just plain didn’t deserve her ignoring or deflecting his question. For these past few moments, she had just been standing there in silence watching him with some sort of look of startled curiosity.

Say something to him!

“That would be lovely.. Thank you” she said simply.

Wait… what?

Wait, WHAT?

WAIT. WH-

Lacey stood there, still looking a little startled by the suddenness of all of this. It was incredible how simple, completely straightforward and yet surprising and almost… disembodied this entire conversation had been. She could have sworn she hadn’t really been present in the room, or had any conscious control when she’d said that last part. And he probably hadn’t put any thought into what he said beforehand, either. Aside from what was being said, there was this absurd air of neither of them having really put any real prior thought into this (or even… any real enthusiasm?) and it sort of just… happening. Formis was just watching her, as if just waiting to hear her thoughts on the matter. Oh, dear. All Lacey was doing was gazing back as if waiting for him to respond. It was really quiet in here…

She probably… should have said something else, but nothing really seemed to fit. A hundred options flew straight by with none of them sticking. This was so surprising and kind of anti-climactic. And now apparently they were going do this all again… over dinner?

Oh…

Tipsy Lunatic

User Image

User Image

The blue eyed vampire stood there with a deer in the headlights expression during those moments of silence. Oh no, did he offend her? Was that just the worst time to ask such a thing? Why did he ask that out of the blue? It had been so long since he'd had a run in with dating or flirting that he practically forgot how to properly do it. Not that he was ever really good at it. Formis just stood in silence as he watched what he said process in both of their minds.

"That would be lovely.. Thank you" Those words made Formis breathe a big sigh of relief. So he wasn't a big old idiot about opening his mouth. That was good. Formis gave a warm, relieved smile in response. "Great. And this way I can actually see the town since I literally got here yesterday, haven't gotten a chance to check out outside the school yet." He said more to himself while he thought out loud.

"I'm glad though. I thought you were really cute and nice even yesterday Miss Ward - er... Lacey - uh... what would you like me to call you?" He asked. He was used to calling people by their last name, though he was afraid that might seem a bit impersonal. It started when Anderson Grey, a high school buddy of his started calling him Erikson since they both agreed Formis was a stupid name that could be hard to remember. Formis followed suit by calling him Grey, which he wound up doing for his wife when he got married later on. Since then he had always gotten into the habit of calling people by their last name, though he was now curious if that was too impersonal for Miss W- Lacey Ward.

[WITH: Lacey Ward]

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
User Image

User Image

tab tab ʟ ᴏ ᴄ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴ:xxErikson's office.
                                              tab tab ᴡ ɪ ᴛ ʜ:xxErikson. No, wait...?
                                              tab tab ᴏ ᴏ ᴄ:xxIHATEHERIHATEHERIHATEHERIHATEHERIHATEHER!
                                              tab tab tab OOC: IHATEHERIHATEHERIHATEHERIHATEHERIHATEHER!
                                              tab
                                                        Lacey’s eyes widened slightly. Her mind reeled for the moments of silence and she actually started to panic. Oh no, had she upset him? She should have done something else. God, was she really that bad at this?

Erikson actually sighed loudly with relief and smiled. Oh… thought Lacey, who quickly followed suit. Her shoulders dropped from relaxing and she let go of a breath she didn’t even realize she'd been holding. It was hard not to smile back. He was being so warm. It was funny how she felt a little on guard about that.

"Great. And this way I can actually see the town since I literally got here yesterday, haven't gotten a chance to check out outside the school yet.” Erikson considered.

Lacey blinked. Going outside the school sounded.. pretty good, actually.

“Mmmm. No, I haven’t either. I’ve been a little jet-lagged, so I haven’t really had a chance to look around…” Lacey responded gently. With all the time she had off during the day, she’d mostly been taking time indoors resting by herself.

It was a shame, really. She'd been feeling a bit boxed into the school grounds around all these new people. More than that, Lacey loved being out in new places, especially where no one knew who she was. She even loved getting lost, too, in a way. Not to mention that food was one of the best things about travelling. Maybe dinner would be nice. Even if he hadn't actually thought this through, it was still sweetest offer that she'd ever-

“I’m glad though. I thought you were really cute and nice even yesterday Miss Ward” said Erikson.

Okay, seriously her cue to blush. Lacey adjusted the front of hair (which slipped back anyway) and looked down, just to cover part of her face for a moment. It was partly surprise. She’d mostly thought that Erikson had thought her to be some kind of… well, coward, really. Apart from how generous and decent he was, everything he did was sudden, like an avalanche.

“Er... Lacey"

!

"Uh... what would you like me to call you?"

That was just plain considerate, probably. Lacey cracked a smile and shook her head.

“Ah! Lacey is perfect, if that’s what you’re comfortable with" she said. "Really, anything is fine, I’m more than used to being called “Miss” by just about everyone…"

It was the truth - even when she wasn't a High School teacher, Lacey generally just inspired that kind of distant, formal treatment. Most people called her by her surnames or by a title, no matter how long they'd been around her. Maybe it did have something to do with the way she acted. It was kind of funny, hearing her own name aloud. Most people didn’t use her first name at all.

Lacey smiled. "Really, call me anything. I can manage” she nearly laughed, shaking her head warmly. He didn’t have to worry so much.

“Is there something you'd like me to call you?” Lacey asked in response. It was only polite and partly to just give her something to say. She didn't know why she was so nervous...

Tipsy Lunatic

User Image

User Image

Formis couldn't help but look with a big, stupid grin on his face as they spoke. This certainly turned out a lot better than he expected, all the awkward stammering aside. He wasn't really sure what he was doing, but he was gonna just trust his instinct and follow with it. It had been treating him decently so far. Miss Ward-Lac- whatever. She didn't run screaming when he asked her out, so that was a very good sign.

When he saw her blushing at his comments, he started scratching his face in order to hide it a little bit, possibly from embarrassment, he wasn't totally sure. Ooh, that was a little stubble he felt, he'd have to shave that. Formis and facial hair never got along, all he'd ever manage to grow was this creepy looking mustache, and since then he always kept himself clean shaven.

Okay, so she wanted to be called Lacey. Great. "I can work with Lacey. Lacey is fine. I mean... uh... never mind." That came out wrong. Formis forced a smile and a light laugh. "Lacey... Lacey..." He said, even softer than normal, trying out actually saying the name for once. It was nice to say, much more personal than Miss Ward.

Oh, was there something he wanted her to call him? "Formis is fine if you can deal with saying that stupid name all the time." He joked, that stupid grin spreading across his face again. "I'm fine with you calling me whatever, I mean not calling me 'Whatever' but..." Formis decided to just quit while he was behind, his mouth was getting very stupid now.

This whole situation was so nervous and awkward, Formis couldn't help but laugh again and he didn't really know why.

[WITH: Lacey]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out