Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Poster

Angela Stonebinder
Element: Arcane
Who With: Von, Moanna, Myrna
Class(es): Physical Combat (Head Instructor)
Mood: Nervous

Angela scanned the room from her chair. She hated the gala more than anything to do with the academy. It was an event comprised almost entirely of things she hated.

Angela wore a long green dress that showed her back and hugged her body neatly. Moanna had picked it out for her a few days ago. Knowing full well that Angela couldn't be trusted to get dressed up of her own accord. Her usual heavy plated arm had been replaced with a sleek, expensive model. It was elegant and, sans painted on flourishes, wasn't far off from the arm that had originally been there.

She stood slowly and straightened her dress a bit before walking out into the crowd. She could see Von and Moanna in her periphery. They circled slowly as they had all night, doing their best to enjoy themselves while watching her. Angela turned her head to face them, catching Von's eye. He nodded, not in recognition but indicating she should turn around. She turned and her eyes quickly found Myrna.

She walked swiftly across the room. The good doctor probably would have something to say about her using her powers to walk in heels but it was useful. The last week had been a hectic one for both of them. It'd been a while since Angela'd had a full blown break like that. Even after all these years, Myrna was still the only one she really, fully trusted.

"Remind me why I have to come to these things Myrna." she said, walking up next to the woman.

Swift Crow

monoshift96

Name: Asmadonna
Where: Gala, Academy Grounds
With: Attero

She offered a smile to him, though in realizing that she really had little else to add beyond "Yes,
that would be me." Realizing quickly how awkward it was to just randomly walk up to someone she
veiled herself behind a drink of the wine in her hand.

Her lips parted it quickly enough and she gave him a nod, "Well it's a pleasure to meet you at least.
I apologize for not having introduced myself earlier. I've heard a great deal about you and..." Her tone
lowered itself a bit, "I'm quite frankly surprised to see you still with the G.F.E. after the Cerberus
incident."

Dapper Hellraiser

--Attero Terminus--
--The Gala: Academy Grounds--
--With: Asmadonna--

"Cerberus..." Attero became a little serious, thinking back to that event, "Yes, I'm surprised as many people as there are stayed with them after that. The GFE tracked me down afterwards. To keep it simple, they made me an offer I really couldn't refuse." He chuckled a bit, when they tracked him down, it was with a negotiator and a squad of hit men. Employment or termination, those were his options at the time, they wanted to ensure he wouldn't leak GFE research data to competitors, as well as a few other things. "They make sure I couldn't want for anything though," he added, "As well as my employment here, they make sure I always have the research materials and lab equipment I need. Very kind of them."

"The students here are a different story," he continued, "Their minds are characters are ripe for the molding. One day, I will die, and the universe will go on without me. At the very least, I should help mold the next few generations of scientists, teachers, and other academics. Hopefully, that'll be what I'm remembered for. Not that fiasco on Cerberus. Besides, I made a promise to someone on Cerberus, teaching here allows me to keep that promise as well."

Catherine Asokana

Indebted Hunter

Soturo Dress|| 320 || 5'5" || Keld || Air || Student || Mood: What Would You Say?

Soturo tugged on the length of skirt next to her hands. Hopefully this borefest would be over quite soon.

Her eyes scan the crowd for whatever the hell it was Thurkear had told her to look for. They'd sent the information about the Gala to her "guardian/partner/boss" not long before the event started. Since Thurkear is currently thriving in a maximum security prison and only able to project himself so far he was not able to attend. Thankfully. Soturo wasn't certain she could stomach standing there next to the a*****e of Kussinik and pretend to be happy that he was there, much less that they functioned like a normal family. Her family was long gone, her parents long dead, what love she felt for Thurkear as a young girl had long since soured.

Now this weapon they kept talking about. It was a person, or it looked like a person. A lovely woman in a elegant dress on the arm of one of the most influential men she'd had the displeasure of being in the same room with. She didn't like angel's much either to be honest. Bunch of cutthroats.

And she very much disliked the hem of this skirt. The dress itself was cut very stylishly, wash white opaque fabric that shimmered a silver in the right light, just under her breasts tied off to the side was a red ribbon and her shoes were a decent pair of black ballet flats. She looked like a dancer! Where ever the hell Thurkear had produced it from wasn't getting it back in one piece. She was going to burn it as soon as she could take it off. The worst part was that the skirt just barely covered her thighs! There was even makeup. The flat expression on her face hadn't changed since then. She was still disgruntled about the whole affair and anyone who could see her knew as much.

'Pant! My kingdom in hell for a pair of pants!' She whined sipping at the alcohol she'd managed to find. She hadn't seen hide nor hair of Duncan all this week even when she'd gone searching for the man in between looking into this valkiss thing with Sorin. That had gotten them all of no where very quickly. Other than a few brief explanations on what a valkiss even was they'd hit all the metaphorical and very much real, red tape. Soturo would have stopped there to be honest. She didn't need the eyes of the GFE looking too closely at her or the group she worked in. She eyed Tsukidayo and his weapon Dragnipur.

Nope, best to stay fairly unimportant. It hadn't meant she'd stopped helping Sorin of course. With what information she'd been able to glean from odd contacts the valkiss were involved in an incident about 100 or so years ago, involving a planet and a group of rogue soldiers. What else she had was merely inferred from there. She didn't have any names, or actual dates but vague ideas. A failed project, a dying species, casualty reports in unspecified locals.

"And one more big mystery to solve." Red eyes found Sorin on the floor however Soturo stayed propped against a wall.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Indebted Hunter

Jaden || 125 || 6'7" || Half-Angel
Darkness || Classes: Espionage, Elemental Control
|| Mood: Handlebars

"Do be a dear and fetch me a glass would you?" The man spoke softly to the puppet at his heel. The same red-headed boy from before seemed to nod before taking its careful steps towards one of the tables. Jaden sighed pleasantly. Wasn't it nice to have so many people around all at once. Students, parents, faculty, honored guests. Would be a shame if something were to happen to them wouldn't it.

'But no no. Not today, it can not be today.' Pity. Having their esteemed head of household and his tyrannical weapon wandering about did make things difficult and really he had no plans of action today. His classes it seemed had been rather quiet as of late. He'd given himself quite the reputation so that even the most fool-hearty or brave of their student body avoided his room. Well his elemental manipulations class anyway. Not his fault that they hand't asked questions before starting their matches. Yes. He had given them plenty of opportunity as well. Cocksure simpletons. Most of them from nesting and well off families that treated their children like dogs to be coddled, pampered and shown off. Jaden would not given them the same treatment no matter their status or family name. He did not care.

A mania slipped over his eyes as he approached Reimus. The man looked positively frightened. From across the room his puppet stared unabashed, blank and listless as Jaden approached. It could see what he could not from this angle. Anyone to observe them would find it hard to keep interested. Both were in plain, simple attire, Jaden's a brown tunic, the lad's a regular suit and tie. They were as cookie cutter and bland as a table. Just something there. Would be the thought of any passing onlooker. Jaden much preferred it that way. A lack of presence does help when working.

"You look rather determined. Seen something you like?" He chatters to Reimus, as much to be unsettling as to gain his attention.

Tsukidayo Houkana
Reimus
monoshift96

Where: Academy Grounds, Gala

Her expression hardened a bit as well, listening in deep thought to his story. She nodded when
he finished, "Makes perfect sense really. You're either some great hero or you teach, otherwise
time seems to forget you. And I don't think I'll be upstaging the Empress any time soon."

The wine glass in hand met her lips as she sipped the majority of its remaining contents away
before continuing. "They certainly do pay well, even offering room and board as well as most
living expenses. It's a great deal, far greater than anything I've seen as of late. And the chance
to be a MURAMASA agent is also incredible. I've met a few and I have to say, they seem like
they could almost give the 'Gods' a run for their money."

Dapper Paladin

Kalani Zimmerman

Name: Reimus
With: Jaden

He seemed to shrug off the daydream he had caught himself in to give a quick nod to Jaden. Though
immediately he did a double-take and realized he was addressing a senior. "Oh, yes, evening to
you sir. Yes, I just uh... well... I met him." His glass tipped towards the ominous figure of Tsukidayo
who despite venting abnormal amounts of power from his angelic form, wore a smile and was laughing
at something with both Fortuna and Dragnipur.

"That right there, between those three, is worth more than an entire legion of legions. Those three
could rend apart this very planet we're on. Kinda' scary isn't it?" He said in slight jest yet at the same
time there was a sense of reverence in his voice. "You'd think the G.F.E. would throw a tighter leash on
him too, he's scaring some of the students. Some of the 'better' students." His voice took a turn for some
elitism, indicating that most of the weaker students would not even feel the output from the Worldslayer.

Dapper Hellraiser

--Attero Terminus--
--With: Asmadonna--
--Gala, Academy Grounds--

"That would definitely be the case," Attero replied, grabbing a glass of wine from the tray of a passing hostess. He took a sip and continued, "I'm sure Xal could have made the ranks, or at least got damn close." He looked off slightly, remembering the man who offered his home to these strangers he just met. "Oh, sorry," He stammered, "Xalerius was a human with a physics element we met on cerberus. Right after the ship crashed, he offered us his home and full hospitality. A great man, I haven't seen him since then, Maybe one day some of us will get that pleasure."

"Oh," he remembered, "Heard you knocked a student flat on their rear on day one, set off the alarms too." He chuckled a bit at the thought. "Also heard through the channels she went off in combat training too, quite the little fireball, that one." Attero had heard what'd happened through short missives from the GFE, given his service on Cerberus, they still thought fit to inform him of any data potentially related to Cerberus. Half of him was making a joke, the other half was hoping Asmadonna had been clued in as well.

Catherine Asokana

Indebted Hunter

Jaden || 125 || 6'7" || Half-Angel || Darkness || Classes: Espionage, Elemental Control || Mood: Handlebars

I xxx G I V E xxx Y O U xxx Y O U R xxx F R E E D O M xxx F O R xxx A xxx D A Y xxx A N D xxx Y O U xxx M U T I N Y xxx W H A T xxx W I L L xxx I xxx D O xxx W I T H xxx Y O U.

The hiss of a tired, well worn voice calls softly at his ear. He pauses to listen but does nothing besides. His eyes are firmly on the display not a few feet from them. Instead he says,"The leash I'd imagine, especially at this point, would not be heeded." Jaden's eyes alighted on the angel and his weapon as well, "No I think there wouldn't be much they could do at this point. Let us hope that we are never left to his tender mercies then shall we?" He tilted the glass that appeared at his hand without a glance back at his puppets visage.

"Though I will admit to a certain thrill at the measure of such power. Who can do more but have fear and awe for such a being." His smile might have seemed a bit odd but seemed to be in admiration, as well as hunger, rather than fear. Remembering his company Jaden turned to the man, "What some of the students lack in talent they make up for in funding I supposed. I can't imagine what half of my student would do with the power to sunder or soil anything but their undergarments." A joke, "In any case, tell me how you are liking the school thus far. I'm afraid I'm not a very social creature and have not gotten much opinion on the matter."

A S xxx O F xxx L A T E...xxx A V O I D I N G xxx T H E xxx M A S S E S xxx W H A T xxx S H A L L xxx I xxx D O xxx I N D E E D.

Tsukidayo Houkana
Reimus
"Sir, we have arrived at the academy." The drivers voice came through the intercom. "I'll park the vehicle and wait for your return?" The driver questioned, cursing her rotten luck that she'd now spend the night in a waiting in a car. Upon hearing they had arrived The man gave a mischievous smile. Grabbing his cane he responded to the Driver. "Of course not. We are at a Gala. Do park the car yes, but after join in the festivities. If anyone tries to give you a difficult time tell them you are with Julius Rivalt the IV." after that he steped out into the brisk night air.

Some Backstory to fill in the events from TALB to now
Julius Rivalt IV, a survivor of the Cerberus incident, and one of the few who walked away with no scars. In fact his position in life reached new heights. With his fathers death on the planet he was able to assume his position as the head of the Rivalt Corporation, a company focused on the fusion of the elements and technology to aid the world, (though in the time of his late father it turned to military contracts), he was able to denounce his fathers shady dealing and clean the stigma that surrounded his name. In addition, after the Blunder that was the Vognis-2, the Asokana's were no longer a major rival, in fact the hole left from the GFE all but abandoning them was one Julius was eager to fill, taking a majority of the Asokana's contracts and business. His final rise to success was the exploits he displayed on Cerberus. Soon after the events he was hailed as a hero of the Outer Rim, even setting up a branch to aid the planets outside of the GFE's control

Julius walked down the halls dressed in a simple black suit, carrying with him a cane topped with a gem, and a small box. Both the gem and material of the suit seemed to shimmer in the passing lights, the gem switching between the twelve elemental colors, and the suit a combination of them. The box he carried was an oddity because of it's mundane appearance. To the public he was visiting as a figurehead, and doting Grandfather, his real mission was to deliver the box to Vaylune Calister.

Before him stood the entrance into the Gala's room. The sound of music and lighthearted conversation pervaded his ears to which he gave a dismal sigh. A second later he gathered his composure and walked in, his famed mischievous smile plastered on his face. Looking around he found his first target, a meet and greet with the new headmistress Fortuna Grados. A beeline towards the Angel stopping only to grab to glasses of wine, and he was upon her in seconds. "Ah miss Grados." He called out to her offering her the second glass. "A grand event this is, one I am thankful to be invited to. It seems you spared no expense either." He mused glancing at Tsukidayo and Dragnipur. "I must say, I do feel quite small compared to some of the guests." He finished with a small chuckle.

Name: Julius Lyndon Rivalt IV
Where: Masamune Academy
With:

Tsukidayo Houkana

Dapper Paladin

Lady X Caster

Name: Fortuna Grados
With: Julius

"Ah Julius, a good evening to you." Naivety wasn't something that necessarily came to Fortuna
as she had always had an odd sense from the man before her, yet in spite of things he was always
pleasant enough. Her hand took the offered drink and she sipped from it lightly as blue eyes
followed his to the Worldslayer and his sword.

"Yes no doubt, I fancy myself quite adept though the combined might of those two is ... Well it's
not really with words now is it?" she said with a light musing. "Back to your earlier point, actually
the Federation is paying for this. It's quite extravagant but it's a step in the right direction don't you
think? Unity between all races that is."

Quotable Poster

Hugh Cyrus
Element: [Hidden]
Who With: Malugros and Berith Cyrus
Mood:

Hugh stood confidently, with his family, amidst a circle of GFE officials. He was taller than the majority of them and sure as hell looked better in his fine cut emerald suit than they did in their dress uniforms. Most of them jabbered senselessly about the worldslayer and his weapon or their accommodations being lacking. It seemed armchair generals lacked guts and had nothing interesting to talk about.

He was hiding his presence almost completely. Only those considerably powerful in the room would notice his aura very faintly. Those who merely happened to be gifted enough to be able to feel the power of those in the room would feel as if he wasn't there at all. A skill his son absolutely could not stand.

His wife Berith stood next to him silently observing the party. The long emerald gown contrasted against her platinum blonde hair and bleach white wings. She was the very picture of angelic beauty and yet she was more ruthless than he was. She'd have reached across and strangled one of the officers with her bare hands if it so much as tickled her fancy.

Malugros was standing on the other side of his mother, sulking. His son was a spoiled brat but he had potential. All he needed to do was stop acting superior and actually become superior. He shot his son a look, sending a very focused reverberation his way. His son's head whipped around at the sudden jolt of momentary fear that went through him. He straightened up and pretended to look interested as his mother did.

Hugh's head turned as Julius Rivalt IV walked in. His gaze followed the man for a moment before he reached carefully into his coat. He pulled a small datapad out of his pocket and tapped a message into it carefully.

~Didn't know parties and public appearances were the Rivalt thing now. Your father would be turning in his frozen grave. That aside I need you to come and see me at some point in the near future. There are some legacy contracts left from your father that need extension or renegotiation that and a couple of other things I'd like to go over. Enjoy the party.~

He sent the message and went back to his conversation. He hadn't had to deal with Julius III's successor much yet.

X Caster
"Unity." He Julius uttered softly as he studied his drink. "Yes, a pretty word, and a lofty goal. As always I'll support the GFE in any way possible to bring it to a brighter future, even if it's something as meager as donations to the Academy." finishing the glass he laughed to himself. 'Yes support for a brighter future, one where the GFE is controlled by myself, that would be pleasant.'

Setting the glass down he heard a short message in his mind. "MESSAGE CYRUS" A bitter smile came to him as he took a moment to look around the room. A few seconds later he saw the man himself. "Hugh Cyrus and family huh.' He thought. 'A itch from the old man that wont leave. Though they do make powerful allies, I guess I should make an appearance.'

Turning back to Fortuna, he once again had his mischievous smile. "Well miss Grados, it seems I have some more people to greet. Once again, a lovely event, and congratulations on the postilion." He said offering a handshake.

After leaving he checked the contents of Hugh's message, and talked with a few of the other higher ups in attendance, ending his rounds at Hugh, and family when they were not occupied

Name: Julius Lyndon Rivalt IV
Where: Masamune Academy
With: Fortuna

Tsukidayo Houkana

MrAngelOfDeath

Quotable Poster

Hugh Cyrus
Element: [Hidden]
Who With: Malugros and Berith Cyrus
Mood:

Hugh nodded graciously as the man walked over to him.

"Ah, Julius nice to meet you at last. The last time we met you were but a small boy, you've grown up."

He stepped forward and shook the young man's hand with his usual death grip. Hugh'd had him sized up for decades. He was much smarter than his father, though he did a great deal to hide just how much. He also lacked the arrogance, that if Hugh's suspicions were right, had led directly to his father's death.

"How is business these days? You're doing quite well from what I hear for having dropped so many of your father's contracts. Not that I am complaining, your losses have created some very profitable opportunities for my wife's side of the business."

X Caster
monoshift96

"Yes no doubt." she mused on his words about Xalerius though she had never heard of the man.
Still for one to take any time to speak highly of another, he must have been important to Cerberus'
mission.

"Er... Well it wasn't quite like that. I just wanted to show the True Form class what a True Form
looked like. I had actually blocked out a set of time where it was okay for me to do so, but that
child was a bit hasty, so instead, I figured I would just do it then." A light shrug came from her
"They act like I did a crime."

His second comment came about the training room and she nodded, "Yes, something seems a
bit off there. I guess the concerns over money being her reason to get her have been eliminated."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff