Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Gaian

User Image Ambriel User Image

User Image

Ambriel paused her gait as she saw a familiar man emerge from the hallway that led to the dorms and dining hall. Gardner Faulkner; she had met him over the past few years, and knew he was another teacher, but they had yet to have an actual conversation. It didn't bother her that she knew no more about him than any of the incoming new students, but as she had observed in her time spent here it was something of a custom to introduce oneself to another if said person was a colleague and directly in her path of walking.

And so, with a small intake of breath as she eyed the dog by the man's side (her interaction with dogs is severely limited, the last she had actively interacted with was when she was a fledgling), she continued forward and extended her left hand to shake. Or was she supposed to extend her right? Social niceties and customs were like speaking Greek to her... except she understood Greek.

"Gardner Faulkner?" she offered him a tight smile, unsure of if she should have approached him to begin with. It wasn't something she normally did. "I don't believe we've been introduced properly before, though we've both taught here for several years. There is some sort of social norm that dictates we have a formal introduction, I think. I am Ambriel, an angel of the Lord." She hesitated, an eyebrow raising slightly as she watched him closely for his reactions.

(( OOC: I hope you guys don't mind me posting again so soon. I just really wanted to go into some sort of interaction. <3 ))

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anaya Lynn Robins

"Magic is believing in yourself.
If you can do that
Anything can happen"

Anaya was overly excited as she flew above everyone else at great speeds, a bag clutched in her hands. She was amazed at the crowds below having never truly believed the sheer number of people who were unusual like her. It was her first year at Mariposa, a little daunting for the young fairy who had only ever been home schooled until this moment. She didn't know what to expect in her classes, what it was like to share a room, to be around a number of people everyday. She was scared, nervous even, but at the moment the excitement of finally arriving filled her.

"Right, I gotta find my dorm," she mumbled to herself as she followed random people. She didn't know her way around yet, and was at the moment cursing herself for not coming earlier to at least work out a vague placement of everything. She only hoped that she wouldn't get too lost during the first few weeks, she didn't exactly want to be late for class or anything.

Anaya eventually found the corridor with her dorm, 3C, on it. Now she thought it was obvious, third floor up. "Well, least I got here, right?" she asked herself as she finally landed on the ground and walked towards her room, only to pause as she noticed the other two people in the corridor. They looked older than her, a few years. She hesitated before moving to walk past them towards her dorm, talking was not her thing.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Location| Corridor leading to her dormitory
Company| Strangers
OOC|

Dangerous Dabbler

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Citizen 200
User ImageUser Image
Gardner J. Faulkner
Literature Teacher Extraordinaire

The things I want to know are in books;
my best friend is the man
who'll get me a book I ain't read.
-- Abraham Lincoln

Gardner hadn't been paying much attention to where he was going, instead watching the throngs of students as they passed to and fro. A few returning students stopped for a few minutes' chat while others - the students that didn't do all that well in his class and had been on the receiving end of his temper a time or two - avoided the man. Beau got her fair share of attention from the students as well, getting more than enough ear-scratches and belly-rubs to last her awhile. The dog seemed to notice the woman approaching them before her master did. She tilted her head to the side curiously and took a few steps in the woman's direction. Gard glanced down at her, then looked up to see what it was that had his pet's attention...ah. Another of the teachers, Ambriel if he was not mistaken. Gard had never socialized with the woman much; he supposed it had something to do with the fact that she just seemed so much more mature and cultured than he was. Literature teacher notwithstanding, Gard was still very much a backwoods swamper's son at heart.

"That's me, yes ma'am, though I prefer Gard," he said, smiling at the woman as she extended a hand for a shake. He took her offered hand and shook it, never mind that it was supposed to be the right hand used for handshakes. Okay, so perhaps she wasn't so cultured as he thought? That was interesting, and it just went to show that you really shouldn't judge someone before getting to know them. He laughed, a low easy sound, as she brought up a social norm dictating that they get to know one another. "Well, it's very nice to meet you formally, Miss Ambriel," Gard said as he drew his hand back. So, an angel of the Lord, was she? There's something you don't see every day, Gard thought. He hadn't ever considered himself a religious person. He'd gone to church with the family as a child, but he had drifted away from religion after coming out as a teenager. It wasn't until after the incident that caused him to become more wolf than man that Gard returned to the 'flock', so to speak. The psalm tattooed on his arms, visible to anyone since his sleeves were pushed up to his elbows, was a testament to that.

"You teach...history, am I right?" he asked the woman, trying to recall what he kenw about the angelic woman. While the humans were talking, Beau got distracted, watching the students again. She happened to spot one particularly tiny student and the dog got quite curious. Leaving Gard to chat with Ambriel, Beau trotted towards the girl, sniffing at her curiously.

Gard Is...
With: Beau, Ambriel, Anaya || Where: School Front Walk || Doing: Chattin' || Wearing: Usual Clothes

Omnipresent Gaian

User Image

"I do teach history," she affirmed, nodding slightly as she retracted her hand. "It seemed most fitting for one who has seen it firsthand to teach it. Of course, I've only seen a small amount of it, but it suffices here."

She glanced towards his dog as she began trekking off on her own before looking back to Gard. "I'm afraid I have to apologize, Gard. I don't normally socialize, and I've spent the past few months among my brethren. Things are considerably... different there in how one is required to act." She hesitated slightly, considering what to say next. "You are a teacher of literature, correct? An admirable subject. I've met a lot of great authors in my time."

Her only hope for the moment was that she wasn't being too strange. It was definitely true that interactions between angels inside of the holy host of heaven followed a strict protocol. It usually took her a few days to slide back into the easier conversations and mannerisms of the students and other teachers here. She was also aware of the subtle, and sometimes not as subtle, glances she received from the newer students or those simply not used to seeing a being in an armor such as hers. In her home it was suitable for her to wear a simple white dress, but here she felt it to be in better taste to wear this. In fact, the only time she had worn anything other than armor here (not counting when she retires to her dorm for the night) was when the headmistress guilted her into it.

User Image
If any of you prefer IRL pics click here.

Gracious Genius

11,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

I am with: Cole
I am here: The hallway of the third floor
OOC: N/A

She had heard his whistling far before she could actually see the young man, her sensitive ears having picked it up. Getting out the key from the lock and checking the door knob, she put a lock of her hair behind her pointed ear, before turning to the other. Recognizing him, she smiled lightly, her left arm hanging by her side while her right hand held onto the strap of her bag. "Cole." She spoke, her voice gentle, her posture straight. "Right?" He had changed a bit over the summer break, or so she thought. Then again, the boy had only just been a freshman last year, and the step from fifteen to sixteen years old seem to be quite grand.

She gracefully took a few steps towards him, closing the distance between them a bit. "Summer has been lovely. I've spent it with my parents and brothers. Rivendell always seems to brighten up during the summer.. So does the valley of Imladris in general." With her head tilted back slightly, she looked up at him, blinking once before continuing. "And how was your summer?" She couldn't imagine angels actually having the time to take a proper break.
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anaya Lynn Robins

If you can do that
Anything can happen"

"Eep!" Anaya cried out as an unknown dog of a significant size began to sniff at her. She quickly concentrated and grew to a height much similar to that of a regular human, not particularly liking the possibility of becoming a living chew toy. She put down her bags and then knelt before the dog, calmer now she wasn't so tiny.

"Hello there, who are you beautiful?" she talked to the dog softly even though she assumed the dog wouldn't respond. It was adorable, causing the young fairy to instantly love her. She hesitantly began to run her hand through the fur with a smile on her face, all the while looking around for the owner, worried that she was lost. She internally laughed at herself, thinking herself stupid for being scared and shrunk back down to her tiny size and sat upon her nose gently. That was better, now she was safe from everything, and had a lovely friend.

Location| Somewhere outside
Company| Strangers (Beau, Ambriel and Gard)
OOC|

Quotable Bloodsucker

User Image

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"You, celestial being,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhave been created to be an angel of the Lord."

She still knew his name, he hadn't expected that. He had changed quite a bit over the summer, after all. He hadn't really grown, sadly enough, but maybe that would come this school year. Then he would be tall and proud... Truly fit to be a proper angel. Still much too young to be one, certainly according to his parents, but still. "Yes. Cole, that indeed is my name. I'm surprised you actually remember me, we haven't spoken that much." He slowly nodded his head as he listened to her talking about her summer. It sounded quite lovely, even without any details to go on.

"My summer?" He repeated, groaning softly. "Please don't even start about my summer... It wasn't much of a summer." He didn't want to complain around her, but she had asked... "I was finally taken to Heaven, you don't want to know how many discussions my parents had about that. They still think I'm too young. It's not my fault I was born sixteen years ago... I can't will myself to age a hundredth years in a day, even if they would want me to." He sighed softly, taking a mental step back. That wasn't interesting, really, she wouldn't care about any of that. He had to be interesting.. Or at least appear that way.

"I was given the task to do some really basic things. You know, listening to prayers, helping out those in need. It's quite fulfilling, but it left me little to no time for myself. And now there's school again, so I had to stop doing what I've been doing over the past months. But that's fine, I like it here. And my Enochian is still too rustic to be able to properly speak to the others of my kind.." He fell silent for a moment, scratching the back of his head. "My apologies, I've been rambling, haven't I..? Sorry.. I didn't mean to."

Ruthless Singing

Jack Taylor, Janitor

Jack saw the angel who taught history circle above the castle and land. It took him a moment before he remembered her name was Amber. Or something like that. He needed a smoke. He reached into his back pocket for his cigarettes, but they weren't there. Oh, that's right, he thought, school year's started, so no more smoking during the day.. He sighed, wrapping his fingers around the wand that was in the back pocket he had just reached in. Usually gum would take away the urge, but as he went through his pockets, he realized he had forgotten to stock up on that. Ah well. He wouldn't be surprised if one of the students had a pack. Surely they would share with good ol' janitor Jack.

Suddenly, he saw a girl in a somewhat eccentric dress who waved at him. He took a good hard look. There was a cat following her, as well as a floating suitcase. Now he recognized her; it was Liz. He grinned as he saw her waving at him. He quite liked the girl, she'd stir up enough trouble to keep things interesting, but not enough to make his work harder than it should be. He remembered the panic attack he'd seen her have last year. She seemed calm now, though. He stuck up his hand in a greeting. Morning, he said to her. How are you doing? Had a nice summer holiday? He hoped the girl had gum on her, he was sure she'd share some with him if she had.

TitusOthello's Girlfriend

Pure-hearted Punk

26,225 Points
    • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
    • Team Moira 200
    • Bloodsucking Bros 250
    Elizabeth

Elizabeth walked over to the janitor attempting to avoid taking heads off with her suitcase as she moved. "I'm good!" She answered cheerfully when she finally made her way to his side. "Summer was great. I did a lot of traveling, but I can tell you more about that later. How was your summer?" She always liked to converse with the man and being herself she was always more interested in the word of others compared to her own. "Did you finally break that nasty habit of yours?" She asked quickly after with a chuckle noticing a considerable lack of smoke in his presence. He didn't tend to smoke around students, but Elizabeth had seen him do so when he was out and about after hours.

Dangerous Dabbler

6,850 Points
    • Tycoon 200
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Citizen 200
    User ImageUser Image
    Gardner J. Faulkner
    Literature Teacher Extraordinaire

The things I want to know are in books;
    my best friend is the man
    who'll get me a book I ain't read.
    -- Abraham Lincoln

Gard gave himself a little mental pat on the back as Ambriel confirmed that she did indeed teach the history classes. He nodded as she explained that she had lived through much of the history she now taught about. It made plenty of sense. She could give a first-person twist to the lessons that most history teachers just wouldn't be able to give to their lectures. He watched as Beau wandered off, knowing that she wouldn't dare cause trouble, then turned his attention back to Ambriel. He chuckled as she apologized, waving off the woman's concerns with a dismissive gesutre. To each their own, and he supposed that spending time amongst the angels would be a far cry from hanging out at the school, dealing with teenagers and their various assorted tantrums and drama fests. He himself had trouble adjusting to the school year too, as evidenced by his inability to actually wake up on time that morning.

While her master and Ambriel were talking, Beau was quite preoccupied with her new-found friend. She sniffed at the girl as she suddenly grew, bringing herself to the size of a normal human. That wasn't something that the dog had been expecting, but soon she was being talked to and forgot all about the fact that people weren't supposed to change size like that. Beau's tail wagged, almost shaking her entire back end. She licked at the fairy girl's hand and barked, earning a quick, "Shh, Beau! It's to early for that," from Gard. Beau whined, an apologetic sound, and turned back to her friend. The dog blinked and tilted her head when the girl, now suddenly small again, was sitting on her muzzle. The surprise passed soon, however. She had a new friend and that was all that matter. The dog turned and trotted back over to Gard and Ambriel to show off her new tiny friend.

"Aye, you've got that right," Gard said, grinning at Ambriel, "No television or internet growing up so books were how I kept myself busy." Even if it did get him a little teasing from his brothers. To this day Gard loved books and had several stacks of them strewn about his room, all of them in various states of being read or re-read. Gard was going to ask Ambriel more about her summer and her time amongst the angels, but Beau had rejoined them. Gard reached down to scratch her ears, only just then noticing her little passenger. "Well, look at that," he said, "You've made yourself a little friend, eh shoushou? Hello there miss, what's your name?" A student, most likely, and not one from a prior year since Gard didn't recognize the tiny winged girl.

Gard Is...
    With: Beau, Ambriel, Anaya || Where: School Front Walk || Doing: Chattin' || Wearing: Usual Clothes

Anaya Lynn Robins

If you can do that
    Anything can happen"

Anaya smiled nervously at the person before her and gently gave the dog a pat before flying up to meet the owner. "Hello, I'm Anaya Lynn Robins. I'm afraid I am not aware of your name. It is a lovely dog you have there." Anaya smiled down at her and came to rest atop her nose again, resuming her absent-minded patting of the creature. All the while she looked around, observing everyone else come and go in an attempt to work out where she would fit in.

Maybe I should be my human size, she thought, it would be easier to interact and make friends then, but there are so many which could mean I'll simply be called odd. She began to bite on her lower lip, eyes closed in thought. Yes, it might be easier, but her natural size was so much more comfortable, so for that reason she would stay tiny unless in danger of being stepped on or in class.

Location| Somewhere outside
    Company| Strangers (Beau, Ambriel and Gard)
    OOC|

Gracious Genius

11,750 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Cool Cat 500
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    User Image

I am with: Cole
    I am here: The hallway of the third floor
    OOC: N/A

As Cole expressed his surprise over how Imra still knew his name, a light smirk tugged at her lips, bringing up her hand close to her face to have a look at her nails. She had given them a French manicure last night and, luckily enough, it still looked proper. "I remember a lot, Cole. Besides, you are my dorm neighbour, and one of the few people who does talk leisurely to me and who isn't an elf." This wasn't a rare problem among elves. With their beauty and intellect, Imra knew that there were quite some people who avoided a conversation with her, not wanting to make a 'fool' of themselves. It was somewhat saddening, but she could understand their reasoning. They were all in a period where they were self conscious of themselves; of their looks, relationships, other people's thoughts, and so on. Even she had those concerns, despite her clear qualities and abilities.

Putting her hand down, her smirk turned into a smile again, looking up and nodding lightly at the angel before listening to his tribulations. She knew that being taken to Heaven was a grand step for a young angel, and one of the most exciting moments in their life. However, parents would often worry about their offspring, as many would wonder whether they'd be able to cope with the responsibilities that came along with it. If they have decided to take you to Heaven, then you are capable, Cole. Decisions like these aren't taken lightly, and I believe that there is a large difference between your physical and mental age." Shifting her weight on her feet, she then continued. "My parents worried, too, when I got my letter from Mariposa Academy. They worried whether I would be capable enough or not, due to my health.. And I am 53 years old."

Her smile widened a bit. "What matters most is your determination. As long as you will keep your head up, I'm certain that you will be fine." Pausing, she thought over something for a moment, before speaking up again. "And perhaps Professor Ambriel would be able to help you with mastering Enochian, if you were to ask her." Imra then suggested, tilting her head slightly to the side.
    User Image

Quotable Bloodsucker

User Image

User Image
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"You, celestial being,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxhave been created to be an angel of the Lord."

"I didn't know you valued me so much.." Cole admitted, smiling gently. Well, valuing might not be the right phrase to use. He was just different than the others, apparently, and therefore a little interesting to speak to. He shouldn't feel special, or particularly wanted by her. He was just imagining things.

"A difference between my physical and mental age?" He repeated. That wasn't quite right, was it? In the eyes of his people, in his own eyes, he could barely be considered more than a child. He hadn't seen enough years pass by to properly be taken seriously.. He hadn't seen the planet go around the sun enough. "I do feel that there is a slight difference between elves and angels, though.. We live in two different world, quite literally from time to time." True, they both aged nothing like humans did, but was it fair to compare the two species? "Besides, you're a lot wiser for your years than I am."

He cringed a little when she mentioned professor Ambriel, going to her for help. "That doesn't sound so pleasant, going to her for help... I must seem like a foetus to her.. I don't want to be an embarrassment." And he would be an embarrassment, compared to an angel who'd lived to see many of the significant historical events he could only read about in text books. "Besides.." It was difficult to admit this. "She's rather scary, don't you think? I haven't met many woman of whom I fear they could end my life in a blink of an eye." The professor truly did look like a warrior, with her impressive wings and armour.

Omnipresent Gaian

User Image

User Image

Ambriel took in the sight of the dog and fairy almost incredulously, looking at at them with a single raised brow. Things like this were always a reminder that she was on earth teaching again, because there was a stark difference in the atmosphere. Seeing the fairy and dog was almost sweet, in a way, by how the two acted.

The fairy was apparently shy, judging by how she acted and spoke. And considering Ambriel didn't remember seeing her in the past, it was a safe assumption that it was the young girl's first year at the school. "I am Ambriel, a history teacher here. It is a pleasure to meet you," she offered the girl a brief smile after her introduction. She really had spent too much time chatting here. "I'm afraid I have no more time for chatting at present," she glanced in the doorway of the building they were stood in front of and then back to her company. "Perhaps we shall converse more at another time."

Having finished what she needed to say she left them there, feeling as though it was a good departure for her from the conversation. She wanted to check on her classroom, but first she wanted to go to her living quarters to ensure they were properly stocked. There had never been an issue before, but she still always checked. And so she began her trek up the stairs, towards the fourth floor and her room. She could have easily flown there from outside, but it felt nicer to walk there because it used the muscles in her legs. It also allowed her a closer look at the students, new and returning, as she made her way up the stairs. It was a leisurely pace, looking into each hallway as she got to a new level.

User Image
      User Image

Arriving at the beautiful Mariposa Academy was a breath of fresh air for Lux. She had been stuck in the limo forever and she was peeved at her mother for renting her out a limo to take her around at school. She did not want to come off as snobbish or to give off any other impression that wasn't a very positive one. She stopped reading her novel, False Memory, and the sight of the Academy broke her "reading spell." Her driver, Darien, who had been a family friend and a close one of Lux's, volunteered to stay with her for the duration of the semester. Lux had the impression that Darien had a crush on her, even at a young age, because she was able to sense his energy of nervousness and anxiety, yet he seemed so sweet and loving around her.

"Luxanna," Darien announced, "Ahem, pardon me... Miss Luxanna of Maryland. We have arrived at Mariposa Academy! Shall I announce your name?" Service with a smile. I couldn't help but to giggle like a child. "No, no need Darien. Thank you though. You haven't lost your sense of humor.." That last part had me blushing, but I couldn't let him see that. As he came around to open my door, I popped the collar of my green military jacket to block my cheeks. I thanked him for opening my door and took the whole sight in: the beautiful trees, the green grass, the nice fountain and all of the elegant architecture that categorized all of the buildings. "I believe I am in 3C... which is right in this building over here," Lux said as she pointed towards the building right in front of them. She zones her view on the group of people standing outside of the stairwell on the outside of the building. I'm sensing excitement over there... Mhmmm I feel awkward already. Should I go to the back to avoid this confrontation? Darien could tell exactly what she was thinking, "Want to drive to the back to drop your bags off?" Lux smiled and nodded and rushed back into the limo, as Darien shut her door and ran to the drivers seat.

Darien drove past the crowd of people, relatively fast, and Lux looked out the window, her hair blowing in the breeze, revealing her soft, non-conventionally pretty face. Lux looked at the group of people and gave a friendly, but shy smile and a small wave. She slumped back into the seat and smiled: This is going to be quite a year... isn't it?

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff