Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learned Seeker

User Image
Darius Thorn Wilheard
What: Making lunch plans, possibly sparring
Where: Hallways
Whom: Shin, Es

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Darius did hear the little out burst about age of consent. Part of him was curious but he didn't push the matter any further. It was not his place to question the opinion of others. He did investigate if he felt it would bring about harm to the Academy and to those who called it home such as him self. Es soon responded to his statement. A nod came from him. "Good. I shall meet you in the usual place then" he mentioned. They generally met up outside in the court yard, nice little spot if the weather was good. Quite enough to speak but still close enough to where they could be reached in a moments notice. On the other hand, if it was too cold. They would go to one of their rooms. Enjoy a warm meal and talk to one another. The sooner she grasped English the better it was for the rest of them. Communication was key to their success.

Shin asked him a question. He turned his head and looked at him before providing an answer. "Thinking of heading back to my room. Maybe going out for a little walk or run. Got the day off" he said. He would rather continue with his schedule though, the structure was something he enjoyed. Gave him further purpose. Didn't require much thought aside from figuring out how to improve his performance. However he would admit a little rest and relaxation was good for the body. The topic of sparring was brought up. "Odd" he said to himself. For him to request something like that was weird. Generally Shin was pretty passive from what he saw. A weakness in his opinion, made sure that was clear enough to him. Their was no reason to hide how he felt about people. Being brutally honest didn't make many friends, built trust however. "Sure" he said. Whatever the reason sparring would fun. A playful smile formed on his lips. Been a while since he wrestled with another.

Draius turned him self a little, faced Shin. "So how do you want to do this. Weapons or just fists" he inquired. A number of other details would have to be dealt with as well. "Also where abouts, the gym or somewhere outside. Not a bad day" he said. Right now he wouldn't make the decision. Rarity to get that man to do anything he felt wasn't needed. Been here sevenish years if memory served right. Where they friends. Hard to say, did he respect him. Yeah like everyone else around here. "Also defensive gear" he asked as he tipped his head to the side slightly. He was aware Estrella was still here. Extending an offer would be the proper thing to do. "You are welcome to join us as well Esr" he mentioned. When it came to genders, he really didn't see a different. Sure they where physically different from one another, that was a given. When it came to their task not so much. All of them had nothing left to lose. Fighting for humanity was a worth goal. Each had to strengthen themselves after all.

He moved his hammer from his shoulder. Held it below the head once more. It bothered him a little to walk around like that. Dug into the meat of his arm. Might have been a threatening gesture by some, didn't mean much from him. Darius took a step back with his left foot. Positioned him self between the pair and off to the side a little. Tired to keep the both of them in view as they talked.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

((OOC: ))

Devoted Poster

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"N-no, Shin, I enjoy your... Being here?" Trying to not give Shin or Ritzu the wrong idea, but make him happy with her. She needed friends, allies meant survival in more ways than one. Though Karen was as confused as the Spanish woman at Ritzu's comment to Shin, '*****'? Regrettably, Shin explained it in Spanish while she was listening in, not knowing a word of the language other than yes and no. Abruptly, Ritzu tugged her hand and told her they were leaving.

She didn't even have time to apologize for not feeding Shin before they were around a corner and out a door. Shielding her eyes with a spare hand from the light of the sun, having not been outside in two months practically blinded her. Taking in the aroma before even seeing anything, she was bewildered by her senses. When the finally came to a stop, Karen took the time to let her eyes adjust and look up from the ground. Her jaw half dropped as she looked at the small paradise. The adults of this school could have been lying through their teeth, but this made it worth it. Eastern Germany had been a dull grey of leftover industrial smog and dirt during her life, trying to recover, but struggling. This felt supernatural, like Paradiso from a very old book she had read parts of during the bed rest.

Too breath taken to notice a figure off in the distance, and just barely able to pick up on Ritzu's question. "Hands? Oh!.. I... Got angry, while I punched the bag... Did not know about the gloves..." Karen would have shrugged it off and not told anyone, but, that resemblance to her old friend made it so easier. The hand on her lap had the same warm affect as her friends', eyes looking away from Ritzu as her cheeks flared up. It didn't help that a boy was standing there, perking up with a similar question to Ritzu. "It does not hurt, I will be okay..." It did sting, but only Ritzu had to know that, not to mention she had been through worse.

Looking back to the new friend to see an odd look on her face, on that reminded her of that old friend. A look that meant annoyed, with the same glare, same tilt of the head. God, the more she looked at Ritzu, the harder it got to hold back from hugging, or crying. "Yes... 'New', and all right." She didn't know how to tell him to leave for Ritzu, it was the first day out, she couldn't be her normal cold and mean self. No sense in getting into trouble so soon, maybe tomorrow.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

LangillyVT's Queen

Shirtless Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

╯╯

╯xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ritzu Annabella Malina
xxxxxxx

╯╯

So close your eyes & make a wish
Today's the day that I am fighting you
It's my turn to be
A champion
So shut your lies & count to three
I'll take you down & you'll be smithereens
Everything dreams about something
And before God calls
I’ll say ‘farewell” to all these things then and once again
I’ll go barefoot.
Every one of them wants to be taken to the other side
They’ll close the door behind me
I’ll go barefoot
I won’t take anything
I’ll go barefoot.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Ritzu let out a sigh of relief to hear she was okay, especially since this was the first time she laid eyes on her. If she got those wounds under those Suits' watch, all hell would have broke loose. She could hear footstep approaching. Being born in a place where the nearest supermarket was miles away, one had to learn to track and hunt for meat. People sneaking up were no problem to hear. However, Ritzu was not amused. "Are you all right?" piped up a new voice. ********, it was Prentice. "You're new here, right? Is everything okay?" She gritted her teeth, annoyed yet another person was bothering her, can't they see she was busy?. Her grasp on Kathrin's hand tightened as she replied politely in her broken English until she could take it no more. “Hasn't anyone ever told you it's rude to ******** eavesdrop into someone's conversation, then to ******** butt in?! ” She flared, jumping to her feet, pulling Kathrine up with her.

She ran off again, dragging the German girl with her. They needed to go somewhere where no one could find them; a place where only Ritzu would know. They crossed over one of the many bridges over to the forest side of the Academy and followed one of the foot paths. They walked in silence with fallen dead leaves crunching beneath their feet surrounded by trees and brushes. Ritzu kept her face in a scowl as she thought about everyone trying to butt in and being all buddy-buddy with each other. It was sickening, really. Ritzu abruptly stopped in front of what looked like a dead end with thick brambles and leaves blocking the way. However, if you took a closer look you could see they were all resting on top of one major branch. Letting go of Kathrine, she lifted the branch revealing a small path to follow with low branches hanging above. “Go ahead, I'm right behind you."

Hands just brushing against the ground, they crouched their way through the thicket until a bright source of light shone just a few feet away. When they emerged they were surrounded by a wall of mayflower plants so high, they were almost skimming the sky. In the centre of the clearing was a single small white-flowering tree, just 6'11 in height; pastel-cloloured flowers surrounded the tree. As Ritzu took a step forward, a bird flew off with an alarm call. A small sigh of satisfaction left her lips as she took in a deep, relaxing breath. A patch of sunlight shone down just in front of the tree as dew clung to the tall blades of grass. “I'm home, ” she whispered to herself. “There, now no one can interrupt us,” she gave a big smile.

Only in such an area did the young woman feel safe and secure, especially with her double long swords in a pouch wrapped around her right thigh. Yep, they were safe in there. They collapsed into what looked like an exacto-knife, but when released they were at its top form. Ritzu dropped down and laid in the grass. A bitchy, mean, tough-guy exterior melted into a gentle, jubilant, little girl - she felt was young again with her grandmother just sitting out on the porch on a warm summer morning here. Life was good then. She looked at Kathrine and gave a small giggle.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

User ImagexxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxUser Image

Devoted Poster

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As Ritzu finally snapped, Karen only gave a small apologetic look, again, first day, or she probably would have done the same. While being led through the forest amused her, the tight grip on her hand from earlier hadn't helped with the sore knuckles. Though, that grip was soft now, and loosening till they got to the dead end. Karen nodded and took the lead through the thicket till the clearing where she waited, in even more awe at the new surroundings than before.

Standing there as she watched her sit down, she took a quick spinning look of the whole surroundings. A giggle interrupted her, looking over at Ritzu, a little confused. "Ritzu... Did I do something? I am sorry?" Karen was so confused, did she look that ridiculous? Sure she didn't dress like most girls, but when you never had a selection and only wore mens, well, a proper bra felt weird to say the least, not to even tread on the under ware subject. Let alone having a terrible sense of fashion because of it.

Taking the awkward moment to sit down. Wiping something from her eye as she looked at Ritzu again, other eye twitching as salt caught her open knuckles. "Am I funny to you?" It was getting harder not to cry, so Karen kept telling herself Ritzu wasn't the same person, and avoided looking at her directly. Admiring the blossoming tree and green grass to try and take her mind off the upsetting memory. Though, it was harder to hide the blush on her cheeks from holding her hand on the way here.

LangillyVT's Queen

Shirtless Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⊱ ⊱ So close your eyes & make a w-wishxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxToday's the day that I am fighting you
It's my turn to be a champion! It's my turn to be a champion! It's my turn to be a champion!
It's my turn to be a champion! It's my turn to be a champion! It's my turn to be a champion!

I'LL TAKE YOU DOWN & YOU'LL BE SMITHEREENS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx So s-shut your lies & count to three

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEverything dreams about something
xxxxxxxxxxxxxAnd before God callsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnd before God calls
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnd before God callsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnd before God calls

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll say ‘f↷arewell” to all these things then and once again
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll say ‘f↷arewell” to all these things then and once again
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll say ‘f↷arewell” to all these things then and once again

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
THEY'LL CLOSE THE D-DOOR BEHIND ME xxxxxxxxx

'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot
I won’t take anything I won’t take anything I won’t take anything I won’t take anything
I won’t take anything I won’t take anything I won’t take anything I won’t take anything
I'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot

█████ ███████ ███████████ █ █████████

"Ritzu... Did I do something? I am sorry? Am I funny to you?" Confused, Ritzu sat up and looked at Kathrin with confusion plastered all over her face. She could feel the wet dew on her clothing sinking into her skin as Ritzu blinked, "Don't be redi-" she began, stopping as she noticed the water swelling in her eyes. "Aw no, common now," she said, softening her tone ash she wrapped her arms around Kathrin. As she touched the girl's arm, she could feel the warmth of her skin pulsing off in small strokes. She pulled away and touched Kathrin's chin lightly, pulling it up to look her into the eye as her gaze hardened. "Don't you dare cry. You're strong, I can see it. I wasn't laughing at you, and don't think that for a second." She dropped her hands into her lap and took a deep breath, trying not to rage.

This place was special; it was Ritzu's get away. It was the one place she could come to be alone with any interruptions and just let herself go. The surrounding bushes and trees had visible scratches and marks where she had hit them with powerful blows from her swords. There was nothing like a good fight to get the blood pumping and rid of any worries... It gave her an idea. Pushing herself to her feet, Ritzu looked down at Kathrin. "Can you fight?" she asked. If there was anything more important than friendship at this school, it was the ability to survive in the middle of an attack. She remembered her bloody knuckles and realized she might at least know a bit. Was worth a shot.

I HAS YOU; LET’S GET THESE THINGS STARTED.

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User ImageUser Image

An ocean of darkness enveloped her. Flashes of colour, sound and faces bloomed and died, returning her to the blackness of unconsciousness. There was calm and peace for the briefest of moments, but it wouldn't last.

Raven blinked awake, her eyelids were heavy. The first thing she noticed was the pain, then the pressure all around her body. She swallowed and blinked the fogginess from her eyes, above her the ceiling was white. When she tried to sit up, pain shot through her abdomen and her head throbbed loudly into her ears. A quiet groan escaped her lips as she sat half up, afraid to move any more. It appeared she was in hospital, the room had two beds and a single window. The blinds were closed but she could see the sun through the tiny spaces between the slots, it was morning. Where was it morning though? Raven hadn't been in such a clean place in a very long time. The bed was soft, blissfully so, and the sheets didn't scratch at her skin.

The girl clenched her teeth and sat up fully, finding it less painful than her first movements. She sat in a hospital gown, peering down at herself she was surprised to be covered in bandages. There were thick ones around her ribs and abdomen, certain sections stuck out more than others. Her hand felt that beneath the slightly protruding parts of her bandages, there were dressings and foam like things, probably stopping bleeding or something. Both her arms were bandaged, but they didn't hurt very much. It was the same with her legs. It was obvious that she lived far below the poverty line, her skin clung to her bones and she had dark circles under her eyes. Oddly though, and pleasantly so, she was incredibly clean now. Raven even smelt some kind of flower on her red hair.

The place seemed strangely quiet, the other bed was unoccupied and she could see no sign of a nurse or doctor. Raven was confused as to why she was there, something had happened but she couldn't quite grab hold of the memory. Across from her there was a small table, on top of it was the scariest looking weapon she had ever seen. It looked like a combination of a chainsaw and a thick, long blade. The thing looked like it came straight from the set of a horror movie. She eyed it suspiciously and sat up further, twisting and hanging her legs over the edge of the bed. With hands cupped, she pushed her face into them, trying to clear the ringing in her cranium. A crackling noise came from somewhere above her and she snapped her head up in surprise.

"Aah.." She complained at the resulting feeling of nausea and dizziness, with one eye closed and voice crackly. The source of noise was from an overhead speaker, the sound cleared up and a male voice spoke.
                                                    "There will be someone to show you to your room soon. Please do not open your wounds." The message clicked off with finality, returning Raven to her silence. Something felt very wrong. Why was she in hospital?

Her heart stopped and her eyes widened. A cold shock gripped her and she felt her chest contract, the memories flooded back without the mercy of being a gradual process. She clenched her fists and screwed her eyes shut, warm tears pooling at the edge of her eyes and falling down her cheeks. It was a nightmare. Surely this couldn't have happened. The screaming and the blood were so real though, and Casper...

Raven got up quickly, too quickly, and fell forwards onto the carpet. The girl couldn't bring herself to stand, instead she curled up and let her chest shake and her eyes pour. A reality this harsh was beyond the cruelty of anyone's imagination.

Quotable Prophet

User Image
User Image
p r e n t i c e 〖〖 l i s l e 〗〗 c a l d w el l

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Prentice scowled at Ritzu's outburst. Sure, he had kind of been....listening in, but it was a public place, right? And he was just being concerned. The new girl had seemed rather uncomfortable at his sudden appearence, but at least she had been pleasant. "Good to know you're all right, then," Prentice called after the retreating girls, though he was fully aware of the fact that they were already out of earshot.

Such a pleasant girl, that Ritzu, Prentice thought bitterly. She's probably going to infect that poor new girl with her attitude, too.

Prentice sighed, still staring at where the girls had disappeared a few minutes ago. Sure, they hadn't been too talkative to him, but at least their voices had broken the heavy silence of the gardens. Prentice hated being alone. Finally, he spun around and started back for the hallways. Hopefully, he could find someone to talk to somewhere else. At least it might be warmer inside. Even though the gardens were warmer than they should have been--otherwise, most of the non-native plant life might not have been able to grow--Prentice was still uncomfortable. As he passed through the gardens, though, Prentice noticed that he wasn't alone there after all. The sight of Milan sitting by the river almost made him jump. He was just so quiet. Prentice hadn't even noticed that he was there until that moment.

Prentice slowed his pace, until he was stopped a few feet from where Milan sat. "Good morning, Milan" he called over to him, adding a small wave. He didn't think the other boy was too likely to have a long conversation; he was pretty reserved. Still, he didn't just continue on his way. Prentice pulled his jacket tighter around himself to block out some of the air.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
l o c a t i o n ~ the gardens
w i t h ~ myself; Milan
f e e l i n g ~ annoyed
o o c ~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
]

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
    User Image

The consistent rhythm of his punching was soothing, Charlie put all his attention into making each exertion perfect. After awhile he stopped his assault of the punching bag, pulling off the gloves before clenching and unclenching his fists. He moved into a combat stance, legs apart and arms gently in front of him. Charlie got through a few routines, basic attack movements to keep him practised, before he heard a familiar bark. Turning, he saw Sebastian happily scamper into the room and make a claim on a pile of tumbling mats. Charlie stopped his routine and smiled at the fox, his face felt strange doing so.

"Whatchu doing, little fox?" He murmured, moving over to Sebastian and holding out a hand to for him to sniff. After a brief inspection and verification of his identify, the fox pushed into his hand and allowed Charlie to pet him. He grinned at the little fox as he scratched behind his ears, wondering where his owner was. Estrella was quite a character, she often exclaimed in Spanish without realising that not everyone spoke the language. She seemed to be strange around him, but he supposed that was hardly surprising, a lot of people were.

Charlie was quite out of his depth, language-wise, a lot of people here spoke two or more languages. He only knew English. Over the years Charlie had attempted to learn a few of the different languages people spoke, but he realised there were so many with such variation and, being entirely honest, he did not have a skill for learning languages.

In the distance his ears picked up Shin's yell, it sounded very out of character. Briefly he wondered what on earth it was they were talking about which could have resulted in Shin saying, "The age of consent changes per country!" He smiled slightly. Sebastian made a low, happy noise and Charlie ruffled the fur on the top of his head, the fox's wide eyes were pleased with themselves.

Devoted Poster

Trying to pull away from the finger with made Karin look at her with a light touch, cheeks still flaming hot. Karin looked up at Ritzu as she tried to explain herself as she just shook her head trying to stop Ritzu from apologizing. "No, I am not crying about that. A old friend of mine, you remind me of them..." Leaving it at that as not to make her feel bad. She did appreciate the compliment on her strength, causing a small smile to creep across her face. Looking down at her knuckles as she wiped a left hand over the right, cracking off dry bloody with her thumb. Still trying not to look at Ritzu too much.

It was a weird moment as Ritzu looked around them at the trees, Karin not to keen on catching her eye as she waited for the awkward moment to end. "Can you fight?" Karen looked at her, confused what it implied. "I have never hit someone, only been hit... I work hard, and I do what I need to live... If it came to it... Yes, I know I would fight and how, even kill... I want my father dead actually... And I want it to hurt..." Karen felt a little ashamed of that anger, but it gave her something to hit the ground and run with. Motivation for while she had nothing to keep going.

"I could used help with it though. I was given a tomahawk, meant for close, I throw if needed. It does not feel quite right, but it is what I feel most at home with, I chopped wood for twelve years." Looking over at Ritzu with a questioning look, she knew that thinking look from her friend. They were scary familiar in some ways. "Did you want something to do with fighting?"

Shingo Alexander Monimiko
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
"Whats easily given to you, can easily be taken away, never forget that"
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

User Image

A shift of the blanket and soon a head popped out. It was a man with long black hair and black eyes. A yawn had escaped his mouth as he stretched, cracking a few muscles before rubbing away the sleep in his eyes. The sun had emitted light through the shades of his room, assuring to him that it was already morning. Something that Shingo didn't get along with. Shifting his legs off the bed, he had automatically tucked his feet into a pair of slippers as he bounced off the bed onto his feet. He had on boxers and a tank top. Something easy and comfortable to sleep in at night. His eyes were drowsy as he lazily slid into the bathroom, grasping to a towel. He had quickly gotten undressed and ran a hot shower, before entering. Showers were one of the very few things he enjoyed taking. It was so calm, peaceful and he could be alone.

After about thirty minutes of showering, Shingo had came out with the towel wrapped around his waist, showing his body, that water continued to drip down. Going to the kitchen, he had started the stove as he placed a pan on it and adding butter to it, to get it oily. He was planning on making a good breakfast for himself. He needed the energy. He was going to do some major training today. There was no slacking around like everyone else did. He wanted to get to the point where he could slice Schattens in pieces in one simple swing. Shifting to the closet, Shingo had pulled a pair of clothes off of the hanger. When he hung clothes, he made sure he put the whole set there. Socks, underwear, shorts and jeans. Today he had chosen a set of black.

When finally finished getting dressed and combing his hair down, he pulled open the shades to reveal the beautiful garden that was behind his room. He enjoyed the entire scenery. It was fairly beautiful along with the aroma that filled his room. It was just the people that often occupied it, that annoyed Shingo. He could see a few people in the garden. They were all known except one. Perhaps a newcomer. Poor thing would be hassled all day. In the garden was the person that was roomed right next to him, Ritzu. Shingo found her very obnoxious. He avoided her on all cost. The other two were Prentice and Milan. He didn't really talk to them much. Just a simple 'hello' and 'goodbye' Than again he was like that to almost everyone there. He wasn't there to make friends. He was there to get stronger. He was there to rid himself of the flashbacks of seven years ago. He had to keep his mind occupied before he started thinking of the things again. He watched as Ritzu stormed off with the new girl. A simple 'hmph' escaped his mouth. He wasn't into the whole 'love' thing. After all, all things do get taken away eventually.

Sliding back to the very clean kitchen, Shingo began cooking bacon, eggs and toast. He had finished quickly and had ate it before drowning down some orange juice also. Slipping under his bed, he pulled out a pair of black shoes, before placing them firmly on his feet. He had rushed back to his room and straightened his bed and grabbed his keys, katana, dagger and wallet, before finally exiting the room, locking the door behind him. He had began walking down the hall, footsteps going at a steady, calm pace, as he was aiming for the second floor, where the gym was. Walking down a stair case, he was about to turn a corner where the gym was at. He only hoped that it was very few people there and when turning he had glanced upon many people standing outside of it. His eyes had turned into a sharp glare as annoyance had hit him instantly and a groan escaped his mouth.
"Never any peace." he meant to say silently but it actually came out loudly. Shingo simply turned on his heels and went in a different directions, aiming to go into the training field where he could slice a few dummies up, in pieces. He had turned down a different hallway, his footsteps, hitting harder on the wooden floor out of annoyance, where he finally came to and opened a glass door and was instantly greeted by the breeze of the wilderness.Shingo adored the wilderness. It was a beautiful place to be and was relaxing. He would trade humans in for plants and animals any day.

Quickly arriving at the training field, Shingo had drawn his sword and dropped the case. He held a tight grip of hilt as his eyes were locked on the straw dummies. He was working on a new combo to use out on the battle field against many foes. A sparring match would be most helpful for him but dummies would have to do. Quickly, dashing forward, Shingo had shifted the hilt downward, cutting to the leg of the straw dummy before, swiftly, shifting up, cutting the arms off, as he flipped back, kicking another dummy, before turning and elbowing the next than using the katana to slide it into the stomach of the dummy. If the dummies were actual people, blood would have soaked the training field. Shingo had pulled back, before turning up to the sky. It was surely a beautiful day out. He didn't want to stay in the Academy. He wanted to go out and do a mission. Anything to get him away. Shingo, himself thought it was strange that he wanted to venture out, for having lived out in the streets for a month, stealing as a hobby. Someone with that lifestyle would be expected to want to stay inside and enjoy life but Shingo found nothing in life enjoyable. Everyone was soon to disappear. Just like his brother. He knew it was bad to push everyone away cause his past but Shingo couldn't help it and nobody really bothered to get to know him regardless due to his truthfulness which often comes off as rude. Shingo had shifted to a tree, where he leaned on it, before sliding down in a crouching position.

Dapper Gawker

User Image
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx Fate won't compromise 。
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx█████ █████████████ xx I have sold my soul ━━━
......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but maybe I can win this time
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx═══════════════ ═══════ ═ ══

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx`█xx мистер Milan Iskander

As more and more people joined the budding discussion regarding the new girl’s unfortunate hands appeared on the green, Milan plotted his escape. Couldn’t be too difficult; dealing with overly flirtatious people whose attentions solely aligned upon the female sex were not his forte, and so he desired abandoning his formerly halcyon post by the river in favor of somewhere else. Boys would be boys, as the old adage went, but Milan could only accept their needs to impress women for so long before he usually commented on some weakness they quite obviously tried to mask in their feverish attempts to woo the lady in question. This time, it seemed to be the one with blood on her hands. And how interesting for Ritzu to be so very protective of this stranger! So defensive even to whisk her away from the first sign of trouble in the form of one overly curious and brash male, but at least Milan was out of sight for the most part now.

Pleased with the scenario thus far, he picked himself up and discarded the fragments of grass he’d plucked from the riverbed and brushed off his pants. Looking back toward the manor itself, he departed from the lovely company of the silence and the gardens and instead stepped back inside. It wasn’t as damp in here, he noted absently, and he thought he could hear the mutter of voices of the morning rising to face the day as he had done earlier. Not as averse to seeing people as before, he turned down one of the hallways and spotted one of the managerial staff. Who gave him a somber look that inadvertently made him pause and look up. At least spending so much time with others in such close quarters had at provided some improvement for his social awareness.

The task of assigning someone very new and very fresh to her room made itself known, and he accepted it without protest as he looked over the girl’s name idly. He’d remember her, and hopefully he would show her to a suitable place of living where she might not completely think him strange upon first impressions. Alas, that was almost too much to aspire to. At least he now knew her name was Raven Nagahashi, and that she originally hailed from Japan. A far cry from his native Russia.

Still, he decided he might as well get on with it, as he knew the layout of the Academy exceptionally well and was up and about and not doing anything of import at this hour. Hesitantly, he knocked on the door to the infirmary and let himself inside, eyes widening faintly when he saw a young woman bowed over herself, shoulders quivering. From his vantage point, Milan could not see the tears that glistened on her cheeks. Awkwardly ignorant when it came to offering solace and comfort, he cleared his throat to announce his presence, deciding in advance English would be his best chance of spanning the potential language barriers between them. Here goes nothing.

Slowly, he inched toward her, making sure not to touch the girl even though Milan hovered closely to her side. He just stood there a long moment, waiting for her to recognize the fact that he was not a threat before he finally said, ”Hello. I apologize for taking so long, but I am here to escort you to your room here. Um… Is there anything I can assist you with?” he asked quietly, quite sympathetic to her crying. He knew not why she was here, but he also knew what it felt like to wake up in a hospital with no-one there to calm you, and it was not a good feeling. They very least he could do is show he was there. ”Miss Raven. That is your name, yes? It is alright. You are safe here, I assure you,” he whispered, trying not to withdraw from this pseudo-conversation.

LangillyVT's Queen

Shirtless Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⊱ ⊱ So close your eyes & make a w-wishxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxToday's the day that I am fighting you

I'LL TAKE YOU DOWN & YOU'LL BE SMITHEREENS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx So s-shut your lies & count to three

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEverything dreams about something
xxxxxxxxxxxxxAnd before God callsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnd before God calls
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnd before God callsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAnd before God calls

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll say ‘f↷arewell” to all these things then and once again
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll say ‘f↷arewell” to all these things then and once again
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll say ‘f↷arewell” to all these things then and once again

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
THEY'LL CLOSE THE D-DOOR BEHIND ME xxxxxxxxx

'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot
I'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot I'll go bare foot

█████ ███████ ███████████ █ █████████

Ritzu was a little shocked to hear the young girl wanting her father dead, but hey it gave her a push. She gave a small smirk as she helped Kathrin up to her feet, "Perfect then, we'll start now. *Uwaga!" Leaning in, Ritzu swung with her right aiming at Kathrin's head. The young girl ducked just in time causing Ritzu to hit nothing but thin air. "Not bad," she said a bit surprised. Without another warning, she brought her leg up to a roundhouse kick aiming for the abdomen, then swung her opposite arm for her shoulder. The girl dodged and blocked both hits before Ritzu sent jabs at her torso and arms. Still the girl managed to avoid being badly hurt.

Ritzu took a stance and looked at Kathrin, eyes shining with excitement,"Heh, alright alright, now let's how you hold up against a weapon." Taking a step back, the young woman pulled out two metal cases in both hands from the pouch strapped to her thigh. With a flick, they opened to two full length thin blades. Light reflected off them as Ritzu felt the cold handles in her hot, sweating palms, letting them cool her skin. A huff of satisfaction left her lips as she readied herself for another strike; it's been a while since she last found someone to spar with.

Without hesitation, she lunged forward again with both weapons in hand. A cross slash at Kathrin feet sliced through nothing but the tips of the dew-lapped grass. She swung her body to the side, raising her leg to land a hard blow on Kathrin's side, but missed by just a hair. Bringing in her arm, Ritzu quickly jabbed at the German girl's stomach with the hilt of her swords, sending her staggering back. Standing up straight, she looked at her with amusement "Well? Are you going to strike back?"

*A warning.

((HERP A DERP 8D))

I HAS YOU; LET’S GET THESE THINGS STARTED.

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User ImageUser Image

Raven tries, oh how she tries, to stop crying. Perhaps it was the gravity of the situation, or maybe it was the lack of tears in her previous life. It was clear though that it was a previous life and that where ever she was now, it would be nothing like home was. She could finally remember what happened after they fell through the roof, it seemed foggy and obscured in her mind's eye.

Coughing, I wake up. Someone has moved me into the back of a van of some kind, opposite me I see an identical van, but in it lies Casper. I can see from here that his skin isn't the right colour. Pure will allows me to stand and manoeuvring out of the van, I shuffle over to Casper in quiet fear. He doesn't look peaceful in death, he just looks wrong. I climb up into the van and sit down, pulling his head onto my lap and repeatedly stroking his hair. I don't make a noise, and my eyes don't cry, but I can feel the careful strings holding me together being broken.

A woman walks up to me, holding a clip board and wearing a gun at her bony hip. She starts asking me questions, if I have any family, if I know anyone I can stay with, but I can't answer. Someone has stolen my tongue, and my stomach for that matter. Someone has scooped out my insides. A man interrupts the woman, talking in low non-threatening tones, I wonder how this could have happened.

"She is homeless, Tess. They were all homeless kids, who knows how long they lived together. We have to take her to the academy."

Raven's crying slowed a little, her mind trying to work through what kind of an 'academy' this may be. Maybe father finally put her in an institution. All the options her mind ran through just seemed pointless, what did it matter now? In the past going to a mental institution was her worst nightmare, but now it didn't seem to hold any power over her. Casper was dead, her family was dead; that was all that mattered. A cough made her freeze, sore muscles tense and eyes wide open. For a moment she felt like she couldn't move, that maybe if she stayed very, very still they wouldn't notice her. She made herself peek around towards the door though, and what she saw was not what she had imagined. Raven's mind had invented suspicious men in uniform, cruel 'mercy' nuns even or perhaps mad scientists with jabbing needles and beakers of coloured liquid ready to be poured down her forced-open mouth. Instead, there was young man standing in the doorway looking quite fancy. Suddenly, despite the situation, she felt very under dressed.

The girl sat up, wincing slightly, and brought her unhealthily bony legs up in front of her chest. The man... boy? He looked on the cusp of boy and man, he wasn't quite young enough to call a boy though. Whatever he was, he walked towards her. Slowly, ever so slowly, and very calmly. Raven felt his quiet, his calm, and it was infectious. He came and stood at her side patiently, Raven wiped her eyes on the back of her forearm, wetting the bandages there, and let out a small hiccup. Her cheeks went red as they always did in any kind of slightly embarrassing situation. Raven stood slowly, needing to hold herself up using the railing on her hospital bed and clenching her jaw so as to not wince. She chewed her lip and looked at him, he seemed so out of place in her nightmare.

”Hello. I apologize for taking so long, but I am here to escort you to your room here. Um… Is there anything I can assist you with?” He had a quiet voice, it was gentle and his eyes seemed to genuinely care about her situation. She cleared her throat and wiped more tears from her face. ”Miss Raven. That is your name, yes? It is alright. You are safe here, I assure you.”

"H-hi." She tried a weak smile, it vanished as soon as she stopped putting a lot of effort into it though. The girl nodded when he asked about her name, swallowing confusion. "M-my room?" Raven cleared her voice again, the croaking was hard to understand. "Where is it that I am exactly? What..." She wanted to ask what happened, but she couldn't. He said it was safe here, that seemed far too good to be true. He had a nice energy though, and it was comforting to have someone around. Raven didn't really do the whole 'being alone' thing.

Her body hurt, it really did, but she thought she might be able to walk to her room if she tried, depending on how large the place was of course. Raven's eyes caught sight of that creepy weapon again, it looked violent and unforgiving.

"What is that?" She asked quietly, sure that she had finally touched upon a topic where the man couldn't smooth it over with nice words. The thing seemed like it would reveal the mystery of this place, simply because it seemed so very out of context in a hospital room. Raven gathered her resolve and walked towards the door, showing the man that she could do so. As she walked to the door, she passed a mirror. Raven hadn't seen herself in such a way for a long time, at least not clearly or so close. Cringing, she looked like a skeleton wrapped in bandages who had incidentally stepped straight from a zombie movie set in a hospital. Perhaps the strange 'sword' wasn't so out of place with her. She swallowed her last tears and smiled again, weakly, but she was trying. She would follow the man, because she chose to trust him. It was a choice she hoped she wouldn't regret.

Devoted Poster

Karen was a bit surprised at the suddenness of it. A friend from a moment ago was now attacking her? Silently dodging, as it clicked, they were play fighting, something the academy told her was encouraged to stay 'fresh' for the Schatten, something she had only heard about, though they swore she had seen it. Quickly coming back to reality as she lifted an arm to block a swing, the other for the foot angling wide. Feeling her shoes give a little on the wet grass. Not a good sign, but it meant Ritzu would be sliding a bit too.

"Weapon?" Head cocked to the side a bit as she watched the swords form themselves. Barely having time to react as she dodged and hopped around swipes. What she wasn't expecting was the hilt that hit her stomach, braced so she didn't fall, causing her to slide back on the grass, repositioning her feet to dodge another hit. "Hit back? I..." Karen looked down for moment, then back up at Ritzu, it was harder for her than it would be. The fond memories of playing with her friend, running away, sharing a bed when they couldn't run anymore and their lungs heaved, only to be caught.

Abruptly pulled out of her daydream by another jab to the side, sending her staggering again. She had left the tomahawk at home, but instinct took over. Turning tail and running to the bushes once she was two trees in she ran up a dried out tree and started climbing till she found a branch, grabbing it and jumping off, causing it to snap cleanly off the dead tree. Cautiously entering the clearing with the thick branch in both hands. Having done this before to fight off a chaser or two, granted Ritzu had two swords, not batons and dogs, but anything bested nothing.

She still couldn't think to hit Ritzu, but the plan was to roll attacks off the stick till the moment presented itself to put the Polish woman flat on her rear with a stick to the throat with the least amount of pain. After all, Karen had a twig in comparison that would snap as soon as Ritzu hit it directly. Maybe she could just last till Ritzu gave up?

Dapper Gawker

User Image
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx Fate won't compromise 。
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx█████ █████████████ xx h e y ━━━
......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx what are you worth?
......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the people you love or the people you hurt?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx═══════════════ ═══════ ═ ══

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx`█xx мистер Milan Iskander

Oh dear. She really was crying, wasn’t she? Milan didn’t order her not to express her melancholy, as he knew it would only help soothe her hurts if she expressed her emotions in a positive manner. Better than doing something destructive. All he did was stand there quietly, hoping to portray the calmness of the morning in his mien, since as how his verbal and physical comforts lacked in the…well, comforting area. He watched her wipe her eyes with her arm, and he almost urged her not to do so in case it might re-injure some part of her. Why else would she be swaddled in such bandages? Without saying anything, he rummaged around in his pocket for a handkerchief (he was old fashioned, as his father had been before him) and gently handed it to her so she could dry her eyes with the soft embroidered cloth instead. Finally, she looked up at him, and he looked down at her. Patient and understanding, with only the goal to calm her down in mind.

H-hi. There it was, her voice. Weak and shaky and broken with remnants of tears, but it was a start. Although he did not sit on the bed, he remained at her side like an even-tempered watch dog, his voice level and quiet. Really, he wasn’t a bad fit for this sort of job, if he could only diminish some of his obscene verbosity and tone down his formality. ”Yes, your room. Oh my. I do apologize,” he said with a soft sort of laugh that belayed his embarrassment. ”My name is Milan. I suppose I should begin with that. Currently, you are in the infirmary of the Aloshy Academy. And you are in good hands. But ah, yes, your room.” He flipped open the folder he’d been given and examined the room number Raven had been assigned. ”Room number twelve. At least you are on the first floor, since, pardon me for assuming anything regarding your state of health, that way you will not have to climb the stairs.” He predicted he would have to ascertain a wheelchair in order to guide her to that room though. She did not appear hale enough to walk that far, even if he supported some of her weight.

Following her curiously frightened gaze across the room, realization dawned on his face when he spotted the weapon she was referring to. It did look quite incongruous in the clean hospital room, but he owed it to Raven to explain the nature of the object and its purpose. He could only assume it was hers, since he already had his own weapon. ”If my memory serves, I believe such a device is called a Biting Sword. Well, that may be the colloquial terminology for it.” Now, how to go about explaining this part? ”I’m afraid someone else might have to elucidate more on the nature of its usage, because my knowledge of weaponry is mostly limited to ones I am most familiar with,” he said apologetically, shrugging. ”If you’ll excuse me, I shall return shortly with a wheelchair you can utilize in order to make the journey from here to your room easier.” Once Milan saw her nod, he smiled briefly and turned to acquire the object.

It didn’t take long for him to bring it back, and he re-emerged with the same tranquil composure he had before. It was a good attitude to have around here, at least. Sometimes newer students needed someone calm to urge them to relax where they might otherwise have panicked. Wheeling the chair next to the bed, he said, ”If you are ready to leave, I will escort you.” He paused, thinking about how best to instruct Raven to seat herself down without hurting herself further. ”Move slowly, and I will help you into the chair if you would like.” After living here so long, he was tentative to outright touch someone without his or her affirmation. He smiled at her again though, as though it might keep her from crying again. He still did not know what happened to this girl, or how she ended up here, but he thought it wiser to keep such inquiries to himself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff