Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User ImageUser Image

Pleased to know she wouldn’t be eating alone, she began tracing Milan’s face with her eyes. She wanted to know him, and that started with knowing his exterior. The way he replied to the question about allergies made Raven think there was something he wasn’t saying- not in a bad way, just that it may provide interesting if she inquired.
                                                    “Are you allergic to other things?” Her interest showed in her eyes. She felt awake, very awake. Raven supposed that was a good thing, considering she had been asleep not too long ago. Milan sighed happily at the deliciousness of his apple, and Raven grinned a little, finishing her own. She ate the whole thing, including the core.

“We eliminate the threat the Schattans pose to humanity.” Milan said, getting back to the seriousness. Sighing, he scratched the back of his neck, and Raven realised that he may be nervous. It hadn’t occurred to her that he might be nervous about talking, he seemed to be incredibly eloquent. When the loud bullet noise had sounded, she noticed Milan pale and flinch. Raven tried to notice these things, collecting them to form a more complete version of her idea of who Milan was. Apparently Drew had a room mate. This was curious.

“Oh my. Uhm, does everyone get a room mate?” The prospect was exciting and scary. “I can’t really picture Drew with a room mate. Oh- They wont fight will they?” Raven sat up in the wheelchair, as if standing up, and her mind raced through black and white scenarios of Drew in a western standoff. Milan turned and smiled at Raven though, so she relaxed and returned the smile weakly. Sitting up so quickly hurt.

“Would it be terribly rude of me to inquire what injuries you have? I just do not wish to harm you in the near future should I have to help you.” He laughed a little, it made him sound more carefree, but the laugh sounded a little artificial. Raven didn’t blame him though, it was a weird question to have to ask someone. She had needed to ask the same thing in the past.

"Oh... well.." She said, blinking more than was normal and trying to remember clearly. "I remember hitting my head, but not too badly I suppose. There were scratches, a lot of them, because bits of the ceiling landed on me. Bruises too. My-" She searched for the word, unsure of how to describe it properly, instead she indicated the wound dressing just below her chest but above her 'stomach', although it was about where her stomach was anatomically. Milan couldn't see the dressing, but when she pushed her hands on it he could see how it was far more elevated than the rest of her body. "That was a gauge. I wasn't awake for that one." She smiled, reassuring him she was okay. "I should've died. We fell a through two stories I think. It was a factory though, so those rooms have really high ceilings." She managed to speak coherently, coping by reciting it as if it were a narrative that was about someone else; like performing a monologue. Raven was quiet for a moment, resting her hands in her lap and looking at them intently. "So, that is what the 'biting' sword thing was for? For fighting off these creatures?" She raised her head to look into Milan's eyes, searching for truth. "It just seems kind of... impossible." She breathed. "Just- I mean... I can't imagine anyone killing those things, let alone you." She spoke, before gasping slightly and putting her hands to her mouth. "Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean anything by that- I mean- I just... You just seem so sweet." Raven finished lamely, resorting to keeping her eyes on the carpet below the wheel's of her chair.

Timid Friend

8,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
xxxxx I xxx just xxx wish xxx you xxx could xxx have xxx seen xxx me

xxxxxxxxxwhen it used to come
xxxxxxxxxxxx S O E A S Y . . .xI'd LIKE to say that it's easy to stay,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbut it's not for mexxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxx Slow down now
xxxxxxxxxxxx The secret's out
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx And I swear now
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Everything is PERFECT

DREW
                K o r b axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

↘↘↘ Drew crossed his fingers, feeling the compulsion to make sure every last drop of hand sanitizer was absorbed into his skin. No matter how irrational his thought process was, at least this goop gave him some peace of mind. Unlike Daniel's explanations. 'I bet he thinks they're flawless,' was the first thing to come to mind, and it was more than enough to convince him. He cringed with the next words he spoke. "Just because you don't get sick doesn't mean I won't, you know? And the... 'good' germs don't come from other people." Another pointed glance. How many times had he had to have this conversation? It was probably uncountable, and it'd only get worse as time with this roomie of his crawled on. The Grecian did allow a smile to play over his lips when Daniel commented on who there would be to bother, even as the muddle of colours stared back at him from his bed sheets. '... Guess I should go get those washed before they stain... too much.'

↘↘↘ With a sigh and a bite of his lower lip, the teen pulled the covers off his bed, pillowcase off his pillow, and sheet off his mattress, slinging them all over one shoulder. He didn't have time to deal with this mess right now. Raven and Milan, he feared, might have been getting impatient with him for leaving so abruptly... Not to mention he still had a soup to make. "Oh, no..." The words ghosted past his mouth. Now he really couldn't deal with this. Raven shouldn't have been denied a meal any longer than as was, and it occurred to him that Milan could have wrapped up his explanation at any moment. A quick look back at the door heightened his worries, then one back at his American company provided a little stress relief. He hoped the blonde was feeling generous today. But, before he could hope further, Daniel spouted a second statement that Drew could make little sense of. "Um... no?" He squinted his eyes, but gave up on trying to decipher Daniel's motives almost immediately after. Again, no time to waste. "I just talked to Milan for the first time today, but yeah, I do need to go see him again. He and I are trying to make a new girl comfortable," he explained hastily, itching to get moving.

↘↘↘ "Hey, uh, listen, could you do me a favour?" the brunette inquired, an earnest expression upon his features, and after a few seconds, supported his question with, "You kinda made hair dye explode all over my stuff." Inhaling once, Drew walked in front of the American, promptly throwing the dirtied assortment of bed supplies near his crossed lap. "I was in the middle of making some food for her, and I need to get back to that, so can you run these down and get them washed? I'll help clean up the other stuff later, but I'd like to not wake up tomorrow morning with colours all over me," he ended with a kindly joking tone. "So, um, if you could get that done, I'd really appreciate it. I'll see you later," he finalized, exhaling and striding towards and out the dorm door, leaving it open this time. He really, really didn't need any more disasters before he could make the damn soup.
User Image

∂αηιєℓ ς๏llเภ ѕωαηѕση

I'm a lover not a fighter....

But if you dare hurt the people I love...

I will fight for them, till one of us is left...

and let's be honest. I will win.

I am the ray of sunshine in your eyes the first thing in the morning~!

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Daniel whined as the boy left him with the dye stained bed sheets on his lap as Drew walked out to do whatever he needed to. "Wha-? Wait! But-damn." He sputtered as he was left alone, having to clean up dirty sheets. Sighing he bundled the sheets it big ball and started walking out of his dorm room, kicking the door closed and walking down the hallway where the laundry room should be...Somewhere. What? Usually Drew did the laundry!

Daniel just pouted as he kept dropping the sheets, jesus, how many sheets do you need on one bed. "Ugh, I hate laundry!" He whined, as he puffed out his cheeks in irritation. He saw the laundry room and smiled. Finally! It felt like it took forever!...Even though it took like, three minutes. Looking at the sheets he grimaced. "Ugh, I better hand wash it by hand to get at least some of the color out..." He mumbled reluctantly, as he used the sink right next to the washing machine to get some of the wet dye out, while using stain remover to take some of color out. "Shitty! It's getting all over my hands! Eh, I guess I deserved this..." His babies betrayed him by shooting the dye, if only it was on safety, this damage wouldn't have happened.

"Ugh, this is so boring." He said while hand scrubbing the sheets. Noting that no more color was coming off, he shoved it into the machine, dumped a bit of detergent into the machine and turned it on. "At least I can't screw up the laundry too." He said as he jumped on to the machine and sitting on it. the back of his feet kicking the white machine. "Hmm, what to do now..." He thought to himself absentmindedly. He never really knew what to do here. A lot of the kids here trained and paired up to do hand to hand combat, He was good with his guns but only usually did target practice, so he wasn't rusty on his skils, but he never liked conflict and violence. Unless it's Schattens, but they were different, he had a...Personal grudge against them. "Then again, I guess everyone does..." He mumbled to himself as the only sound that could be heard was the whirring of the machine.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Dapper Gawker

User Image
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx Fate won't compromise 。
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx█████ █████████████ xx h e y ━━━
......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx what are you worth?
......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the people you love or the people you hurt?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx═══════════════ ═══════ ═ ══

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx`█xx мистер Milan Iskander

Clearly, Raven was more observant than any random person might have given her credit for, since she accurately estimated Milan possessed some other allergy he failed to mention to Drew in his brief commentary about their lunch. Nodding, he answered, ”Just certain derivatives of grass. It makes my eyes itch.” He seemed to frown a bit as if in memory of the irritable sensation, but as far as food allergies went, he did not have any. It was only in the heart of spring that he sometimes had to swipe at his eyes in some haphazard attempt to calm the reaction the pollen tended to grant him. At least it did nothing to his nasal cavities, which certainly would have been even more annoying, he suspected. Raven seemed so interested in him that it was difficult not to feel interesting, and so his mannerisms relaxed as he grew more comfortable with what he felt he was babbling about. Serious subjects followed, and he only hoped he conveyed what he wanted to as clearly as he thought he was. To explain this was something he was not positive he was qualified to do, but he would attempt the task with as much exuberance as he could muster.

The noise though. He wasn’t fond of it, and he couldn’t help the flinch that echoed through his body before Drew bounded off to investigate whatever happened a few rooms over. Recovering, Milan shook his head. ”No, not everyone. Only those who desire one or who are viewed as especially compatible acquire roommates. However, everyone does have the ability to request a roommate if he or she likes.” He did smile a bit impishly at the thought of Drew and Daniel. Quite opposites, they tended to be in the few instances he’d seen them together. ”Well, they are. I do not suppose they would fight, but I cannot say for sure.” He doubted it, but he was hardly learned in either of their antics. He wasn’t even sure how that would work, with Daniel’s pistols against Drew’s knife.

He probably should have phrased his question better, with less awkwardness, but he really couldn’t think of another way to ask what injuries Raven possessed. And it was a possibility that he’d have to assist her at some point, especially if she wanted to take a shower or a bath. She might even need help dressing, and Milan wasn’t a bad pick for that job as far as some of the other students were concerned. At least he would not deign drool or stare gracelessly or permit some other tactless action take place. Raven deserved more respect than that. Head injury, scratches. Obviously, a ceiling handed on her. What sort of incident was she involved in? Milan did not ask, but instead listened and watched her move her hands over her abdomen as she showed him where she was hurt. He could not see the bandages, but he knew something painful must lie beneath the hospital gown and the pieces of white gauze. Should have died. For some reason, Milan was rather glad Raven did not die. Her company was pleasant, quiet, peaceful. Two stories… A fall through two stories. He couldn’t believe it, but there she was, alive and talking to him now. ”I am…sorry something so terrible happened to you,” he said softly, sympathy lacing his gaze as he looked back at the redhead quietly. But you are still alive, and that is good.

Sighing a bit, Milan nodded, even though Raven couldn’t see him as she stared down at her hands, which currently rested in her lap. ”Yes.” He answered her simply, because there was just so many intricacies regarding the nature of her weapon that he dared not try to bring new light to the subject without first consulting with a knowledgeable person. He looked back at her squarely, not intimidating in his manner but honest and willing to answer as best as he knew how. ”It does seem rather impossible, does it not?” However, he laughed then, amused because of the truth of her statement. He wasn’t the most physically daunting of figures, and he certainly wasn’t aggressive in the sense some of the others were. He did not focus on battle, but on other things. ”I am not affronted,” Milan assured her with another chuckle. ”It took me a long time to learn how to effectively fight, it is true. It does not come as naturally to me as to some others.” He shrugged, and he smiled again. ”Thank you though. I am glad you think so. You are quite kind yourself.” It was refreshing, comforting. ”I am sure once you’ve healed someone will teach you the basics of battle. I’m afraid I’m a wretched tutor in that aspect,” Milan acknowledged. ”But you seem very smart. I am sure you will learn quickly.” At the very least, Raven was observant and perceptive. Two positive assets against an opponent. They were two of the things Milan himself relied on the most.

Questionable Protagonist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxIt isn't the light you want to recover...

S H I NH A N

It's the certainty that there is only darkness.

Shin pulled out various ingredients from the refrigerator. A small plastic bin with various vegetables, a bag of lettuce, a few tomatoes, a wedge of cheese, and cold cuts. Bread was on the counter. As he cut the vegetables, Shin began to talk even when Jennifer left to change. "About what Darius said... Or rather implied," his face grew a shade redder. "I'm sorry. I wouldn't sleep with you... Or, wait. I mean, I would, if I could. No, that came out wrong too." He groaned, at that point, she was already in her room, and Shin alone in the kitchen with the boiling water, talking to his half-made sandwiches. "You know, I kinda give up. Why bother talking? Shingo and Charlie do pretty well without it. And look what Charlie's got, anyways. Why do I even try? It wouldn't be too hard to keep a schedule of Estrella and her kids. I could avoid her easily." Shin rambled on, not particularly taking care with his words once more.

When Jennifer returned to the water, Shin was silent at that point. Sullen by his own thoughts. He finished the carefully layered sandwich. Cheese between bread and sliced tomato as a lipid barrier. Condiments between cheese and bread, as the flavours complimented each other best. Meat on top as it was heaviest. Vegetables on the side in a haphazard salad, but aren't all salad messy?

He sat down at the small table next to Jennifer, handing her plate of food and a fork. Shin never put dressing on his salads, so he often ate with his fingers in his own room, even if there were guests. Though, at that point, Jennifer couldn't be considered a guest. At her questions, Shin promptly forgot his nihilist reasoning and responded, "Sparred a bit. Hard to guess who won that." He took a bite of his sandwich, taking time to chew before continuing his response and partial explanation. "I was talking with Estrella, and I said something really stupid. I thought sparring would've been a better idea. It was, but still." Grabbing the warm cup, Shin held it for a moment, trying to remember a very important detail he should tell. "Ah, we've got a new girl. Cher was her name. I think."

Hilarious Gekko

8,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
User ImageUser Image

Grass. It seemed a common enough allergy, without any lethal effects, so Raven simply nodded and noted it, another little morsel about Milan she now knew. When he spoke of it, he frowned a little, as if his body was remembering the unpleasantness. It was with a satisfied happiness that Raven noticed Milan relaxing with her, his awkwardness seemed far less obvious, it veritably melted off him. When he spoke, it was clear Milan was trying to make things as clear as he could.

Raven pondered the idea of a roommate. It seemed like it could be really fun, after all, she was definitely a people person. But what if she requested someone and they didn’t like her? There was also the lure of living alone for the first time, ever. Maybe she could ask around for help with learning to cook, or maybe get someone to show her how to use everything. Milan smiled impishly at something in his own mind, his pleasure made Raven a little more comfortable.

Milan didn’t sound too sure that Drew and his roommate wouldn’t fight. The notion was absurd, but she figured if they had managed to survive as roommates, hopefully Drew would be okay. Alas, she wouldn’t be much help in her state anyway. She wondered what other weapons people had, and felt strangely naked without that ghoulish sword near her. Raven wasn’t sure how she felt about that.

“I am…sorry something so terrible happened to you.” Milan listened to her talk about her injuries, his eyes seemed to soften somewhat, before speaking gently. For whatever reason, he really seemed to care. It made Raven look up from her hands and smile for him and at him. His simple answer to her question about the hideous weapon from earlier was, honestly, expected. It was still somehow shocking though. They expected her to fight off those monsters with that thing?

“I doubt I can even lift it...” She breathed offhandedly, brows furrowed a little. Raven was highly relieved Milan wasn’t offended. It’d be terrible luck for her to make a horrible impression... especially when she liked him so much. Milan looked at her directly, illustrating his willingness to answer her questions; for this she was very grateful. There were a few things she could tell about him as well, things that made her trust him a considerable amount more in certain areas. When she had indicated the gash at her stomach, his eyes had not deviated from their specific path at all- not even wavered. His mild manners also pointed to a more delicate nature, something she had found reasonably associated with men who like men. It was just a suspicion at this point though. Raven couldn’t help but blush when he complimented her, and it deepened when her stomach growled noisily again.

“I suppose there must be some people who are very... ‘into’ the fighting?” She inquired, curious and apprehensive. “I really can’t imagine holding that sword. It looks so violent,” She paused, before asking curiously, “What is your weapon?” Raven imagined him with a sniper rifle. "Do you know a lot of people here? Oh- maybe you know someone that could teach me to cook? How many years have you been here? Are there activities everyone takes part in?" She fired off question after question, unable to contain her curiosity.

Learned Seeker

User Image
Darius Thorn Wilheard
What: Talking
Where: Hallway
Whom: Es

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Darius finished his small meal. Just something to keep him going from here on out. The hallway became his goal. He had not given him self the chance to relax yet. Only make his wound more apparent. Last thing he wished for, was nagging injury. He would have enough of those later in life, perhaps begin to really feel them at the age of thirty or so. That was if he even made it to such an age. Soon Es came into view. He waved to her and smiled a tad. "Just going for a little walk is all" he mentioned as he moved closer to her. "He managed a good strike but lost the bout" he added. An interesting little fight. Still wanted to brawl in the back of his head. Would have been fun in his opinion, wasn't shared by to many. The topic of food had been brought up once more. An easy choice in his opinion. "Prefer your cooking here" he said. Better then anything he had at the cafeteria.

"So shall he head to your room" he asked in a curious tone. Either here or in his would do the trick. "Ohh and be sure to make extras. Some leftovers will do me well" he added. Rather enjoyed her cooking, made sure that she knew that as well. More appealing then anything he was capable of making. His cooking was plain, meant more to be filling then flavourful. Slowly he did begin to move, walking down the hall. Of course he gestured for her to follow him. After a moment or two he did slow his pace offer her his arm. An act of a gentlemen of so he came to know sometime ago. A few thoughts wandered about his mind as hie head wandered about the hallway. "How are the children" he asked. They where receiving similar treatment to him. Allowed to play for a little before being plunged in a world of violence. Would do this academy good. They needed people who where willing to die to protect humanity. No fear, no regret. "Also is there anyway I can help with these pupusas" he inquired. Sounded out the final word tried to get it right. Came out right.

Wasn't all to sure what she was making for him. Probably had it before at some point but certain details he merely forgot or didn't bother to remember. Shouldn't take them long to get to her chambers. They where on the right floor at least by the looks of it.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

((OOC: Short. Move them around where you wish Jen. ))

Devoted Poster

Nodding a thank you to him as he passed her the food, welcoming Shin to the table with a smile. Jennifer was always so happy around him, even when she was embarrassed or sad, she couldn't keep a stern face when she glanced at his. Listening to him with the cup of tea in her hands while elbows rested on the edge of the table. Thinking a bit about what he said. "I'm sure you won with the wound I saw Darius have covered up." Knowing he was a little self conscious of his fighting skills, doubting he would win a fight. Any good stalker would know that about their subject. No, not a stalker, she just liked him too much and kept tabs on everything he did to make sure no one took him... Dammit...

Spitting some tea back into the cup when she heard about Estrella and a new girl. The news that he acted stupid around Estrella was good, maybe she would consider him less, or flatter her more. Yet, how did she not know this new girl?! "I'm sure Estrella isn't one to hold grudges, you'll just have to figure out a way to make up for your mistake." And hopefully mess that up too, grumbling that thought away in the back of her head. "So... This new girl... What is she like? Cute, nice, mean, 'weird looking'" trying to put ugly as nice as she could. Jennifer needed to know if there was more competition or if this new girl was a simple stepping stone to walk over.

Thankfully Jenn hadn't heard much of his 'bed' ramblings before heading off to get changed, too consumed in trying her best not to burn another dorm down. "Oh yes, before I forget, you were mumbling something when I was getting the kettle ready." Taking a bite of her sandwich before quickly swallowing, she was hungry, but had to ask the question. "Something about a bed? If you don't want me to go in your room, I understand..." Trailing off a bit near the end, she had been so over joyed at the news he didn't mind, and then told no?

Questionable Protagonist

S H I NH A N

Shin laughed at the thought of him winning against Darius. "Close, but no cigar. I almost got skewered by Darius. That wound was a fluke of anyone who didn't know my style of fighting." He said as he ripped a spinach leaf before eating the halves. Shin wasn't exactly the most hygienic of people, especially compared to Drew, but he was fairly clean aside from the need of a shower and incessant need to chew his buttons. He did wash his hands before preparing the food.

When Jennifer spat her tea, Shin flinched and drew back. "Alright?" He asked before leaving to grab a kitchen towel to wipe the tea and potentially saliva off the table. In a few wipes, whatever liquid was sprayed was absorbed by the towel, which Shin left on the table, just in case. He shrugged his shoulder at the mention of reparations for Estrella. "Nah. It's alright. I know she'll forgive me since I didn't do anything bad persay..." He fiddled around with what was left of the crust. "Conchita? She's alright. I mean, I didn't get to talk to her much before Ritzu dragged her off." He laughed at the memory. "Oh... She was really nice. Offered me breakfast... Damn. Could have gotten free food." His eyes stared somewhere in the ceiling as Shin tried to remember what else he had learned of the girl.

Breaking his concentration, Shin snapped back into reality. "What about a bed?" He asked, genuinely forgetting his ramblings in the kitchen. "And I don't mind you going to my room... or bed. Was that what we were talking about?" He paused. "Wait. I mean, I don't mind you going to my bed if you want... Without me in it, unless you want to sleep together. No, no. Try again."

"Uh... My room is technically not mine, it is property of the Academy, and thus I have no claim as to who can and cannot go into my room as technically we are not citizens of any country no longer as we've joined the Academy without political or legal identities. Meaning, that anyone with permission of the Academy is allowed into my room, as the Academy only restricts where we can not go. So, my room is open to anyone who wishes to enter it as long as it follows the 'laws' of the Academy."
                          Shin explained in the most pointless way possible, but despite its inherent uselessness in the conversation, it did reveal his understanding of the children's positions in the world in whole. They were people without country now. They simply did not exist to the rest of the world. A rather clever design Shin would later admit as his random studies of international laws would bring him to strange revelations of the self-containing society the Academy appeared to be.

Devoted Poster

Giving Shin an apologetic look about spitting tea onto the table as she sat back and listened to his explanation. Curses, Estella was still on his good list, and this Con woman was sounding to be a problem, invited Shin for breakfast, that rat. Maybe she could hide a rotting fish in the girls dorm till it reeked, and she could frame Estrella for doing it, making Shin uninterested in a jerk for a girlfriend. Yes... ingenious, but it would have to be worse than a rotten fish...

Blinking a few times as Jennifer came back down from the scheming lair within her mind. Leaning forwards on the table as she watched Shin try not to fumble on words that had already been spilled. It was cute to see him so flustered, and she had these moments all to herself in their dorm. "How about you sleep in my room tonight Shin? That way I don't have to sign a book worth of forums to be in yours? It'll be fun, and you won't have to worry about turning the lights on with me there." Giving him a bit of a tease, while she was very much serious, leaving him to figure out which one to worry about.

Taking the moment he spent flustered to eat her salad and finish the sandwich she had been working on while he talk. Picking up the cup that still had some hot tea in it. Have you ever slept with someone? It's relaxing to know you're not alone, and it gets nice and toasty... " Curling up to the cup of tea to try and duplicate the comfort. "We've been friends for so long and we haven't even shared a bed after a bad dream or hugged the other once. Really weird now that I think of it..." Anyone she knew well she had at least hugged once or more. Even people she faked being happy around. Except Shin, the sly fox...

Dapper Gawker

User Image
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx Fate won't compromise 。
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx█████ █████████████ xx h e y ━━━
......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx what are you worth?
......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the people you love or the people you hurt?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx═══════════════ ═══════ ═ ══

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx`█xx мистер Milan Iskander

Milan wasn’t sure he could lift the beast of a weapon that was supposed to belong to Raven. How the academy decided which weapon suited each person was beyond him, as he pondered the thought of whether his own was the correct choice. Sure, he’d become quite skilled at wielding the giant gardening instrument, but it was a touch challenge and the heat of battle was somewhere Milan did not oft find himself willingly. He was a thinker, a talker, but he’d become a little more physical after so much training and practicing with a few of the others. However, he was far from the best, and there were plenty of others who could beat him based on pure physical strength and endurance. At least if they were predicable in their movements, Milan had a greater chance of estimating their next moves to better defeat them. Twas not often he faced Schattans with unerring predictability, unfortunately. A bit incredulous himself, Milan said, ”I do not even believe I can lift it.” His blade was light, and he had not the upper body strength to swing around such an intimating piece of metal machinery. However would Raven learn to wield it? Apparently, somebody somewhere thought she could, as it clearly was meant for the red headed girl still seated beside him.

Oh good lord. He could still hear the poor girl’s stomach rumbling. Glancing back at the kitchen, he inwardly wondered where Drew was, and he supposed he would have to check on the soup without him if he did not return in the next few minutes. It should be nearly ready by this point, yes? Looking back to Raven, Milan nodded. ”There are. Some of the students here find great pleasure and pride in fighting. They are often training, initiating practice rounds between each other.” He himself tended to avoid those. Too many brash people and chances to, well, die. Clearly, he was not one of those people...

Stretching his arms out wide, Milan roughly estimated the size of his weapon to be a little over a meter long. Perhaps longer. ”It’s…actually a tool for gardening. Traditionally, it was used to clear brush and shrubbery out of the way. I have repurposed it, of course.” He would show it to her if she wanted. Ah, as for the people here. He really didn’t know that many personally. He knew who they were, but had never gotten involved with any of them. Most were distant, cold, rude to some extent. But he supposed he’d distanced himself as well out of trepidation to break the ice only to have it blow up in his face. With some embarrassment, Milan answered, ”No, no. I do not know many people well. But I am sure we can find someone to teach you culinary skills. Perhaps I could learn a few as well,” he added with a smile. It would certainly make his life easier… Accepting all of her questions gracefully, he continued, ”I have been here nearly three years, now. As for activities. There are training sessions, and everyone generally duels others at some point. But as for a curriculum, I do not believe so.” He didn’t mind her curiosity; in fact, he found it rather endearing, for he did enjoy speaking in his quiet manner and liked feeling useful.

Glancing back at the doorway, he sighed. ”I suppose I really should check to make sure the soup isn’t boiling over. I did not predict Drew would be gone this long.” However, Milan was reluctant to leave Raven alone, even if he was just a room over. He did not want to see her react negatively, and he was quite certain she would do so should she feel isolated and alone. Besides, he’d had enough of that himself, he thought. Well… Maybe he would give him another minute or so. ”It should be fine for a bit. I don’t hear anything terrible, and I don’t smell smoke.” That was…very good.
Columbus Poppy Sinclair

Once I spoke the language of the flowers,

Once I understood each word the caterpillar said,

User Image

Once I smiled ( in secret ) at the gossip of the starlings,

And shared a conversation with the housefly
in my bed.

"Yeah, some months," she replied to Prentice's question, then in response to his concern she added, "Ain't your fault, though. Beginner's training ain't left a lot of time to make friends." The fact of the matter was that she'd been dead tired a lot of the time, trying to make up for being physically weaker than a lot of the other students; she didn't want to think of what became of the "dead weight" that made it into the academy. "Been gettin' better, though. Just takes getting used to, I guess." She watched doubtfully as he attempted to assure her that he was alright, but it wasn't her place to accuse him of grandstanding and they were headed to the nurse anyway; she shrugged and wrapped the bolas back up and around her waist.

Prentice told her about how the spar had gotten to where it was and she couldn't help but smile at the suggestion that Shingo was a bit rougher than anticipated. Yeah, she could picture that. The silver-haired boy intimated that fights between students usually didn't turn out like that. "Yeah, I figured." But at his encouragement to participate some time, she blanched. Laughing, she said, "Uh, I think I'll hold off on that one a while, cher. My bolas are mostly for restraining. The instructors said there's a combat style I can use 'em like, too, but I ain't really got the hang of it yet." The problem with sparring with a weapon like hers, when she'd only mastered using it as a lasso, was that if she used it successfully as such, then the fight was virtually over. If, on the other hand, she did not use it, she was defenseless...and the fight was virtually over.

As she glanced at the hammer Prentice held, though, and thought of the other students whose weapons were designed more for actual combat than training, she decided she was being a little self-centered and amended her statement. "I guess that's not much of an excuse, though. I mean, it can't be easy fighting with that and managing not to bash somebody's brains in, so..." Realizing that there were few good places to go following that particular train of thought, though, she tried to change the subject. "So how long you been here? Votre accent se francais, non?" Your accent is French, no? She screwed up the grammar a bit, mixing it up with creole as she often did, but perhaps that was for the better; didn't want him thinking he'd found another fluent speaker only to dash his hopes immediately after.

((ooc: So sorry for the lateness! Also, since Espada's gone do you wanna just make it about getting Prentice patched up, rather than getting the hospital workers out to Shingo?))

Once I heard and answered all the questions
of the crickets,

And joined the crying of each falling dying
flake of snow,
User Image

Once I spoke the language of the flowers. . . .

How did it go?
How did it go?

Forgotten Language by Shel Silverstein

Questionable Protagonist

S H I NH A N

"You know, the power to decide where your laws do not apply is rather a modern ability. Something quite formidable and powerful. If you don't like a certain group of people, simply shove them off to that lawless area, and tada. You're free to act outside of your own rules, free to abuse your powers given to you by the very same laws you circumvent. Thus is the greatest weakness of any system with laws in our modern age." Shin had shredded a poor lettuce leaf to small bits by now, turning the green to a pile of grass clippings. It wasn't until Jennifer suggested sleeping in her room that Shin stopped his nervous ripping. He chuckled lightly, "Sleep with you? Well that doesn't seem like a bad i-"

Shin's smile dropped, and his eyes narrowed at the mention of turning off the lights. Even when he knew it was simple teasing, irrationality won out with the claim that everything was a bad idea. A very, very bad idea. It was no secret, especially to the older members, of Shin's childish phobia of the dark. His first few nights in the Academy was of him simply screaming blood murder at anything and anyone even with all the lights on within the premise, sleeping only intermediately during the day. At one point, sleeping pills seemed the only option, but his general distrust of the Academy and general paranoia led to only worse conditions, that often led to hysteria. Not exactly a happy, healthy child.

After years of 'therapy', which included both harsh teasing and kind encouragement from the other children and adults, Shin finally was able to sleep more regularly, accepting that he did need the pills after experiencing terrible hallucinations from prolonged deprivation. He would eventually wean off the pills, but still, the occasional one or two couldn't hurt.

I don't dream. Even when I sleep, everything is black. I fall asleep scared it'll be the last time. I wake up scared that it would be the last time I do. I hate it. I hate sleep. I hate the pills. I hate the Academy. I hate the Schattens. I hate everything. "I don't like sleeping." He said flatly. Taking his plate, he left it in the sink, before leaving for his room. There was a fascinating book about fungi waiting to be digested in there... somewhere.

Devoted Poster

Jennifer saw the look on his face and immediately felt guilty for what she said. "N-no, Shin! You know I, I didn't mean it like that. Don't, please..." Watching him spit the last words out of his mouth before putting his things away and heading to his room. An arm reaching out as though it would magically stop him from leaving. She did manage to grab his arm but he just pulled away and kept a steady trudge to his room.

Standing up in time to watch the door close quietly behind him. Slowly dropping to her knees she pulled the fans she had sneaked into the tops of her stockings. "I was trying to do the right thing.... I know..." Slowly pulling them open as she got up and looked out their main window. "What? No, that's not fair daddy! I was young, I didn't know this would happen... No!" Snapping the black fan fully open and throwing it at the wall to her room. Getting it stuck in the wall.

"You still understand, don't you mommy?..." Staring at the fan left in her hand. "I can't believe you two...." Dropping the last one on the ground before looking over at the door to Shin's room. "You're both wrong..." Grumbling as she stood up and walked over to his door. "Shin? I know you're probably mad at me, so... I'm going to go away for a bit... If you want to still sleep in my room tonight, the lights will be on and I'll waiting... Probably going to be stretching outside..." Heading back over to pull her fan out of the wall, and the other off the floor, returning them to their hiding place before leaving the dorm.

((sorry if there's an engrish moment, typed this fast before work, will fix when I get home tonight.))

Quotable Prophet

User Image
User Image
p r e n t i c e 〖〖 l i s l e 〗〗 c a l d w el l

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Prentice, noticing that Poppy had smiled at the mention of his spar with Shingo, returned the smile. He had meant the comment in all seriousness, but she seemed amused. This happened to Prentice more often than he’d have liked to admit; he had learned that it was usually a good idea to just copy the other person, or risk giving them an idiotically blank look. At Poppy’s comment, Prentice replied, ”Yes, the Academy’s certainly…strange. I’m still not really used to it. Though I still haven’t been here longer than most people. Oh! But if you ever need help finding your way around or anything, I’d be happy to help. No promises about how useful I’d be, though.”

Prentice took a closer look at her weapon when it was brought into the conversation. She had called them bolas, but that didn’t allow Prentice to suddenly recognize them. Still, he could see how it could be difficult to use in combat. ”I don’t know anything about their fighting style, but if you even need a practice partner, you can always ask me.” Prentice wanted to help Poppy; it wasn’t so long ago that he was new to the Academy. The adjustment had been hard for him, Prentice recalled; he quickly pushed the memories out of his head.

Prentice realized he hadn’t really been paying attention when he was startled by Poppy’s voice, asking a question. ”H-huh? O-oh, oui. Je suis français. Je suis de la Sud de France…” Recognizing the girl’s accent now as something slightly different than his own French one, he amended in English, “The south of France. I’ve been here for two years. But, ah, what about you? Where are you from?” It was a rather poor attempt to change the subject, he would admit. But at the mention of his home—as he still thought of it—uncomfortable memories flooded into his mind. Many years of happiness and joy, all ended by…Prentice shook his head, getting the thoughts out of his head. He forced his smile back on his face.

They had reached the infirmary at last. As soon as he stepped within view of one of the nurses on duty, her eyes fell to his bleeding arm. Immediately, she ushered him to one of the little exam tables on the side and started examining his wound. Prentice tried to explain that they still had to go back for Shingo, but the nurse merely shook her head at him. She nodded to someone else who was working there, and the other worker left, presumably to help Shingo. Once she left, Prentice just sighed, catching Poppy’s eye and shrugging at the persistence of the nurse who was helping him. She didn’t ask where he got the wound; it must have been pretty obvious.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
l o c a t i o n ~ hallways; infirmary
w i t h ~ Poppy
f e e l i n g ~ tired
o o c ~ Bwaahh, this feels rushed because I have to go do my homework > < Also, @Ginger - yeah, that's probably a good idea
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces